SWF In 2013

Guest KingOfKings

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So I finally got an SWF game going on the 2014 data. Into March. Just ran Awesome Impact. Grades have been solid, but getting grades has never been problematic for me with Supreme, especially as I run a mostly-sandbox game.

Signed a lot of young talent. Opened up two more developmental promotions and stocked them. Starting to get a lot of “I’m ready” messages, including many from workers who aren’t ready and who are still developing. I got a B show – just used SWF Assault – and so now I can make use of more of those young workers. Only booked one episode of it so far but I think it’s going to be fun to book it.

Getting the popularity up for a lot of workers. Remo and Jack Bruce are both at A* now. Vengeance, Angry Gilmore, and Lobster Warrior are at B+ with A in a couple of regions. The likes of Valiant, Brandon James, Christian Faith, Des Davids, Captain Atomic, Rogue, Paul Huntingdon, Za Bumfhole’s and a few others are up. Steve Frehley hasn’t budged. Eric Eisen, Enforcer Roberts, Joe Sexy, and Squeeky McClean have all dropped a bit. Given his CC, kinda happy about that happening with Eisen. Roberts is on steep time decline so not worried on that. Probably going to transition Sexy into a manager.

Running with the default storylines so far and quite like them. Bruce versus Remo is easy angle grades, even if the matches haven’t been fantastic so far. Solid but not brilliant. Still thinning I may keep the belt on Bruce until The Supreme Challenge, but undecided on who will take it.

Money versus Gilmore has been fun and should produce even better match grades now that Gilmore is getting his popularity up. Money hit on Jessie, causing Gilmore to publically announce there are a couple. Then the Bumfhole’s saved him from an attack by Money’s hired help, creating a loose stable of Team Gilmore with Angry, Jessie, and the Bumfhole’s. Going to drag the thing out and not give Gilmore a clean win over Money for some time.

Valiant versus “Mr. Hospitalization” Eric Eisen is mainly a vehicle to move Valiant up the card. Its working. He’s even pulling A promos, mostly on his own. But Eric is dropping in popularity a bit so I’m going to have to be careful.

Having fun with Frehley versus the Chase Agency. I accidentally nerfed Rogue and Huntingdon’s popularity a bit by having them lose in a tag match on the February PPV, but they are recovering. Whoops. I just need to get Frehley’s popularity moving.

I added a storyline of Faith versus Vengeance. I see them as having had plenty of battles since Vengeance turned heel and this is “one more time”. Its worked well so far. Faith is actually moving up in popularity, which I didn’t really expect. He’s always on time decline now and is on the this game, but just starting. My plan was to mostly use him as a tag team guy to develop some other midcard guys but his role has been bigger.

The most unexpected rise has been Lobster Warrior. I do not intend to take him out of the costume and view him as a permanent fixture of the upper midcard. As a PPV only special attraction, I decided to give Marat Khoklov a signature special match – the Russian Pit Fight – where he will often just smash midcarders and occasionally battle upper card guys. On When Hell Freezes Over, he beat Lobster Warrior. Rematch on Nothing to Lose, I decided to give Lobby the win but kept Marat strong. With B- popularity versus B+, I fully expected Marat to block it with his CC or at least say he didn’t like. He said nothing and the sketchy, unconvincing win moved Lobster Warrior from B- to B+ with A in a couple regions. WTF. Unexpected. So I capitalized, making the main event of Awesome Impact a four-way with Bruce, Remo, Lobby, and Vengeance. Know I’m not certain what the future holds for the 40-year “Mr. Consistency in a Lobster costume” but its brighter than it would have been otherwise.

My booking approach is fairly similar to Apupunchau@optonline. I actually even dropped my match-angle ratio to 60% for TV and I will often only run 3-5 matches on a 90 minute Supreme TV. Going to try to minimize that further. The B show should be solid for getting the midcard guys wins and TV matches for the low card guys. And lots of angles for everyone!

Of course, already had Big Smack Scott and Marc DuBois test positive. Each got a one-months suspension. I don’t think I want to bother with either so jobbing them out the door is likely in both cases.

My weakness is most games, especially SWF games, is signing talent. I already have loads of young talent in development. My intent is to be selective and judicious in deciding to sign anyone away from rival promotions. No need to do it for the sake of doing it. And then Human Arsenal’s contract came up. Already had a soft spot for him (wicked cool name!) and he would work as a replacement for Enforcer Roberts, to beat up on lower card youths and teach them some psychology. Edd Stone also just came up on his contract and I’m trying hard not to bite. There are certain workers that I want to target from TCW and USPW. Arsenal isn’t one but it’s hard not to see his value.

Hmmm... that sucks. Love the thought of schmozz non-finishes for SE on TV.

I think that "Sports Entertainment Finish" note that may cheer everyone up. Never tried it. Going through a pure sports time limit phase. Instead of fun nonsense.

I have done well with the 2v2 and 3v3 tags in the main event on TV. Even did okay with it on PPV. Haven't done the draws yet. That doesn't hurt the grade much? I also remember reading a while back about workers being unhappy with a draw, yet willing to take a loss. That no longer happens?

If some one is unhappy with a draw the keep strong note will usually remedy that.

So booked my first main event draw on Supreme TV. A tag team match between the team of Lobster Warrior and Angry Gilmore against Brandon James and Rogue. With the only road agent notes being Draw and Interference (Money on Gilmore), No one complained. Looks like no one suffered popularity loss. Wasn't as attentive to momentum but that doesn't look like it got tanked either. Best of all, it got an A and anchored a strong episode. Think I'll be making more use of this going forward.

I don't know if this has been answered but has anyone used Sports Entertainment finish and have the match grade well. So far I have not had any luck using this note.

Have not, so I don't ever use it. Seems Sports Entertainment companies wouldn't have crowds that would care that much about that kind of finish, especially considering WWF did this back in the Attitude Era all the time and it didn't seem to be that big of a deal.

So I finally got an SWF game going on the 2014 data. Into March. Just ran Awesome Impact. Grades have been solid, but getting grades has never been problematic for me with Supreme, especially as I run a mostly-sandbox game.

Signed a lot of young talent. Opened up two more developmental promotions and stocked them. Starting to get a lot of “I’m ready” messages, including many from workers who aren’t ready and who are still developing. I got a B show – just used SWF Assault – and so now I can make use of more of those young workers. Only booked one episode of it so far but I think it’s going to be fun to book it.

Getting the popularity up for a lot of workers. Remo and Jack Bruce are both at A* now. Vengeance, Angry Gilmore, and Lobster Warrior are at B+ with A in a couple of regions. The likes of Valiant, Brandon James, Christian Faith, Des Davids, Captain Atomic, Rogue, Paul Huntingdon, Za Bumfhole’s and a few others are up. Steve Frehley hasn’t budged. Eric Eisen, Enforcer Roberts, Joe Sexy, and Squeeky McClean have all dropped a bit. Given his CC, kinda happy about that happening with Eisen. Roberts is on steep time decline so not worried on that. Probably going to transition Sexy into a manager.

Running with the default storylines so far and quite like them. Bruce versus Remo is easy angle grades, even if the matches haven’t been fantastic so far. Solid but not brilliant. Still thinning I may keep the belt on Bruce until The Supreme Challenge, but undecided on who will take it.

Money versus Gilmore has been fun and should produce even better match grades now that Gilmore is getting his popularity up. Money hit on Jessie, causing Gilmore to publically announce there are a couple. Then the Bumfhole’s saved him from an attack by Money’s hired help, creating a loose stable of Team Gilmore with Angry, Jessie, and the Bumfhole’s. Going to drag the thing out and not give Gilmore a clean win over Money for some time.

Valiant versus “Mr. Hospitalization” Eric Eisen is mainly a vehicle to move Valiant up the card. Its working. He’s even pulling A promos, mostly on his own. But Eric is dropping in popularity a bit so I’m going to have to be careful.

Having fun with Frehley versus the Chase Agency. I accidentally nerfed Rogue and Huntingdon’s popularity a bit by having them lose in a tag match on the February PPV, but they are recovering. Whoops. I just need to get Frehley’s popularity moving.

I added a storyline of Faith versus Vengeance. I see them as having had plenty of battles since Vengeance turned heel and this is “one more time”. Its worked well so far. Faith is actually moving up in popularity, which I didn’t really expect. He’s always on time decline now and is on the this game, but just starting. My plan was to mostly use him as a tag team guy to develop some other midcard guys but his role has been bigger.

The most unexpected rise has been Lobster Warrior. I do not intend to take him out of the costume and view him as a permanent fixture of the upper midcard. As a PPV only special attraction, I decided to give Marat Khoklov a signature special match – the Russian Pit Fight – where he will often just smash midcarders and occasionally battle upper card guys. On When Hell Freezes Over, he beat Lobster Warrior. Rematch on Nothing to Lose, I decided to give Lobby the win but kept Marat strong. With B- popularity versus B+, I fully expected Marat to block it with his CC or at least say he didn’t like. He said nothing and the sketchy, unconvincing win moved Lobster Warrior from B- to B+ with A in a couple regions. WTF. Unexpected. So I capitalized, making the main event of Awesome Impact a four-way with Bruce, Remo, Lobby, and Vengeance. Know I’m not certain what the future holds for the 40-year “Mr. Consistency in a Lobster costume” but its brighter than it would have been otherwise.

My booking approach is fairly similar to Apupunchau@optonline. I actually even dropped my match-angle ratio to 60% for TV and I will often only run 3-5 matches on a 90 minute Supreme TV. Going to try to minimize that further. The B show should be solid for getting the midcard guys wins and TV matches for the low card guys. And lots of angles for everyone!

Of course, already had Big Smack Scott and Marc DuBois test positive. Each got a one-months suspension. I don’t think I want to bother with either so jobbing them out the door is likely in both cases.

My weakness is most games, especially SWF games, is signing talent. I already have loads of young talent in development. My intent is to be selective and judicious in deciding to sign anyone away from rival promotions. No need to do it for the sake of doing it. And then Human Arsenal’s contract came up. Already had a soft spot for him (wicked cool name!) and he would work as a replacement for Enforcer Roberts, to beat up on lower card youths and teach them some psychology. Edd Stone also just came up on his contract and I’m trying hard not to bite. There are certain workers that I want to target from TCW and USPW. Arsenal isn’t one but it’s hard not to see his value.

Cool set up. After running an SWF game for a year and a half, I started a new one yesterday that incorporated several ideas from this thread.

I've got a dozen PPA contract guys on three-month deals who exist to lose and make my up-and-comers look good.

I started up Uprising, and am going to use it as a blend of NXT and Superstars. It won't be completely stand-alone, as I'll have the occasional midcarder go over to teach the youngsters a thing or too. And I'm not going to bother with giving the show it's own title. Instead, the so-called Uprising, 10 guys with high upside, will battle it out against jobbers and each other to earn chances at competing on Supreme TV, equivalent to a call up to the main roster.

After the Uprising debuts by taking out Richard Eisen in one of his rare appearances, Eric Eisen will take over as head of SWF. He'll start a heel super group called The Management, with Squeaky McClean, Remo and Rich Money. Why yes, I AM ripping off the Authority. Because I think it's fantastic.

Anyway, Eisen will serve as evil authority figure, McClean will be Director of Content, Money will be Director of Operations and Remo will be Director of Talent Relations. I did this in my last game and found wild success, hoping to try some new things this time around.

My goal for the Supreme Challenge is Bruce vs Gilmore, with Gilmore going over. The story is The Management targets Gilmore, calling him unworthy ala Daniel Bryan, only for Gilmore to shock everyone by selling out and becoming the Orton to Eisen's Triple H. Gilmore will take the strap off of Bruce at SC and then feud with him for as long as it continues making money and entertaining me.

I've gotten it to work the handful of times I've used it. It has always been in a storyline with at least pretty good momentum, so that probably helped. I also had three or four workers interfere and made it an outside interference finish as well. I don't even think I included the Draw note. I'm not sure if these helped but I promise it resulted in a higher than normal match grade most of the time. I don't use it too often as I think it's more of a surprise when you use it just once a month or so and use normal draws and tainted finishes in between.

Do people gain more popularity in storylines or is it the same gain with them not in storylines? Because I've got storylines turned off. Was just wondering because hardly any of my midcarders have gained. Hero Squad dropped after a loss to Platinum Blondes(they gained), Bumfholes gained after a win against The Pain Alliance(they lost popularity, but I was hoping they would).

Do people gain more popularity in storylines or is it the same gain with them not in storylines? Because I've got storylines turned off. Was just wondering because hardly any of my midcarders have gained. Hero Squad dropped after a loss to Platinum Blondes(they gained), Bumfholes gained after a win against The Pain Alliance(they lost popularity, but I was hoping they would).

Storylines in and of themselves do not gain popularity for the workers in them. What they do is if you have a good storyline with good heat it will give a boost to the ratings of segments that the storyline continues. And those segments doing better will give the workers a boost.

Also unless the rating of the match is way over the overness of the losing worker(s) the losing worker(s) will always lose pop for taking a loss.

What's it mean when you get the road agent note "The crowd doesn't particularly like seeing 'enter name here' wrestle"? Like what causes that note to show up?

It think it's from a vocal crowd. The wrestler is not good enough for the fans to like?

I'm thinking it's got to do with this, the guy is Xavier Reckless and his basics are 59. Might be a little too low for the SWF.

It's a little more complicated than than most people realize. There are other stats involved (Psychology being a big one) and possibly other considerations. I've had crowds go negative on guys with decent basics while being okay with other guys with lower basics (sometimes in the same match). I've also had a user character consistently get this note only for it to stop when he improved his technical skills (those being the only skills that changed between his last negative reaction and his first match without it).

I suspect company product may be a factor. For example, fans of a perf>>pop will DEMAND good basics while fans of a pop>>perf fed may care more about charisma and star quality. Fed size could play a role, so you may be right about SWF having a higher standard. This is all speculation, as I don't see these negative reactions often enough to identify specific triggers or values.

But in most cases, it will be low Basics and/or Psychology. :D

• 2 months later...
Someone once posted a list of the SWF events and the gimmicks that they run for them - one is a Royal Rumble style, one is Survivor Series etc.

Does anyone know where I can find it?

I remember two gimmick PPVs.

Welcome To The Jungle, held in August, after The Supreme Challenge, with an ending Battle Royal.

Christmas Clash, held in December, with all 4 on 4 matches.

Just in case, go the editor and check the PPV in the AI instructions.

In the '77 C-Verse there's a tournament call The King Of Squared Circle, similar to the King Of The Ring.

Someone once posted a list of the SWF events and the gimmicks that they run for them - one is a Royal Rumble style, one is Survivor Series etc.

Does anyone know where I can find it?

Copied-and-pasted these two - not sure of the original authors:

JANUARY - When Hell Freezes Over

Uniqueness - Hell in a Cell

FEBRUARY - Nothing to Lose

Uniqueness - Harcore Matches

MARCH - Awesome Impact

Uniqueness - Awesome Impact MitB style Ladder match

APRIL - The World is Watching

Uniqueness - SummerSlam esque second big show

MAY - Master of Puppets

Uniqueness - Fans Vote the Card!

JUNE - Times of Trouble

Uniqueness - Double Trouble GP

JULY - Supreme Challenge

Uniqueness - Biggest show of the year

AUGUST - Welcome to the Jungle

Uniqueness - King of the Jungle Battle Royal

SEPTEMBER - Under Control

Uniqueness - All Cage Matches

OCTOBER - Let the Games Begin

All Titles defended in "The Games" aka n Elimination Chamber

NOVEMBER - Break Like the Wind

Uniqueness - Submission Match Theme

DECEMBER - Christmas Clash

Uniqueness - All 4 v 4

JANUARY - When Hell Freezes Over (Main Event - When Hell Freezes Over Steel Cell Match for main event title)

FEBRUARY - Nothing to Lose (Features one or two Nothing to Lose Ladder Matches for title match contract)

MARCH - Awesome Impact (Main Event - Awesome Impact Chamber Match - six-man Elimination Chamber match for main event title)

APRIL - The World is Watching (Features 30-Man Battle for Supremacy timed entrance battle royal to main event Supreme Challenge)

MAY - Master of Puppets (RETURNING IN 2014: Features King of Supreme Finals, winner reigns as King of Supreme for one year, gets automatic main event title match)

JUNE - Times of Trouble (Mostly Extreme Rules matches, e.g. street fights, Falls Count Anywhere, hardcore matches, etc.)

JULY - Supreme Challenge (Flagship PPV event, lasts for four hours instead of the usual three)

AUGUST - Welcome to the Jungle (Mostly Tables, Ladders and/or Chairs matches)

SEPTEMBER - Under Control (The SWF Galaxy votes for competitors and/or stipulations in all matches)

OCTOBER - Let the Games Begin (Features at least two 4-on-4 elimination tag team matches)

NOVEMBER - Break Like the Wind (All SWF Titles will be defended on this PPV - rumored to be renamed We Are the Champions)

DECEMBER - Christmas Clash (Features Five-Man Scramble Match for main event title)

started a 1997 SWF save. SWF is actually in quite a bit of trouble when you scratch the surface a bit. The main event is solid enough with Faith, Keith, Bruce the Giant and Sean Mcfly leading the way, but past that many of the talents in the main event or upper midcard are either too far away in popularity from these 4 or are too old or troublesome. Mr Supreme looks like he'd be worth a push but the trouble he causes backstage is not worth the hassle. Rory McCallum is winding down, Sid Pierce is old and not over enough and masked Patriot requires some work to get him over. I'm only in March so things may improve, ill break down my March PPV. Winners bolded, Heels first.

Sam Kieth vs Sean McFly for SWF World Championship- A grade. The core main event 4 are involved loosely in the same storyline. keith and Bruce the Giant are loosely allied around Richard Eisen, who is becoming increasingly Tyrannical with his support for Keith as champion. The first two PPVs were Faith v Keith with screwy finishes/interferences for Keith to retain. the Feb PPV (i'm horrible with remembering all the Feds specific PPV names) involved a referee bump and Eisen ran out and screwed Faith with a fast count, which led to...

Richard Eisen vs Christian Faith inside a steel cage match- B+ grade. Faith challenged Eisen to a match on Supreme TV the night after he was screwed, and Eisen, who i am playing very much like Vince McMahon during the Attitude Era, Accepts the challenge, because he is always thinking a step ahead. Bruce the Giant interfered during the match, trying to distract Faith from outside the cage, but Faith kept his cool and pinned Eisen. When the cage went up however, Bruce attacked. The April PPV is heading towards a fatal 4 way for the SWF title between Faith, Bruce, Keith and McFly.

Mr Supreme vs Masked Patriot 2 out of 3 falls match- B- Grade. This is where the card gets a little washy (it did gat an A overall but im not happy about the undercard). i gave this match 25 minutes, which is the time set for main matches by Eisen. they only produced a B- match, which isn't terrible, but its not a good main event match and i couldn't trust these two to main event a PPV. Patriot will continue to be pushed as i will try to get him more over.

Adonis vs Skull DeBones Texas Death Match- C+ Grade. Skull DeBones just signed with us from DAVE and has received a massive push. He has good chemistry with Adonis and it turned into quite the decent first feud for DeBones. Adonis was cocky enough to open challenge the roster at January's PPV, and this was how I debuted DeBones, who picked up the win. Since then Adonis has targeted DeBones at every opportunity in a bid to extract revenge, but has been on the end of 3 PPV losses from Debones, who now moves onto Mr Supreme.

The Lords of War vs The Outbackers for SWF Tag Team Titles- C+ Grade. Decent title feud, i decided to continue the so called re interest in the tag division by running two tag feuds and signing a few teams. These two were already at SWF but i had to build up the Outbackers to be the now most popular Tag Team. Standard stuff, both teams were focussed on the belts.

Nation of Filth vs Perfect Storm- C- Grade. Trying to build up Nation of Filth, who I recently signed, coming along nicely enough, could be the next number 1 contenders. Perfect Storm are both in decline so i expected the rating not to be the best.

Philip Roberts vs Flare for SWF Shooting Star Title- C Grade. Flare has a big future according to the biography so I decided to run with it and test the waters with him. not doing too bad but he is 19 so i don't expect major things from him just yet. Roberts has excellent stats but isn't too over so he was the perfect person for him to feud with. C grade was better than expected.

some notes- I still feel there is a lack of depth in the main event but i am cautiously optimistic for the future. I have future stars like jack Bruce and Rich Money in developmental so i can always look there once they have developed some more for the next star. I am always open to suggestions, questions etc. Also any advice from someone who has played the 97 mod before.

Archived