Small questions that don't deserve their own thread

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply
So I hit a European Uppercut but the opponent just glares at me. Why? Don't see it in the calculations. Is it a size or strength thing?

Calculation-

No counter shown

Move connects

no damage listed

Text says "didn't seem to faze X, just stood there and glared at Y"

That sounds like the Undead Reaction attribute in play.

What's weird about it is that the guy still takes damage, right? It's the Hulk Up traits (er...whatever they're called, Adrenaline Rush?) that no-sell, right? Or they don't no sell as in no-damage, but you get a huge boost, right?

Point is, I guess when Undead Reaction triggers, they don't get stunned/reeling?

/shrug

~~~

Story ahead, but there's a question. Oh yes, there's a question.

So remember Dark Angel in my game? Ridiculous (as in broken) speed, ridiculous stamina, all-around a terrible guy. And a Warrior Point.

Well, I decided to leave 21CW for other pastures. OLLIE looked nice (as I'd then be able to move to SOTBPW when my popularity was up). Got my first match easily, then OH GOD NICOLAS LOPEZ. Y U SO LOW LEVEL? Guy's better than Dark Angel with a ton of body/head damage. As in, I lose 2-0, red head, orange body, 2% health loss permanently, couldn't dodge worth crap, hate hate hate.

So I go back to my "I'm going to work somewhere that's not 21CW" backup. I decide to ignore the Large companies and instead do nine months (maybe continuing?) with Medium companies. I sign with all of them; free Heart of a Warrior MIRITE? So yeah, I start working with WLW.

Cool, two hardcore matches in a row! And I think a third one against...oh, Koji Kojima. This'll be fun. Wonder what his stats are...

http://i1275.photobucket.com/albums/y443/Eidenhoek/OHDEARGODWHY_zps46f94dc8.png

How the hell am I supposed to beat this guy? Admittedly, if he doesn't have a bunch of traits, he's actually easier than the aforementioned guys (god, Nicolas Lopez is stacked to hell on aerial stuff), but...WHYYYYYYYYYY?????

Edit: He only goes tot he top rope quickly (and is prone to...some type of move, I think). Took only...three tries I think. lulz

<p>Can you NOT change move photos with the editor during a career? I was hoping to make wrestler specific changes to the moves with out changing it in the actual database. Can't quite figure it out. </p><p>

Update- I've also tried to make new moves into the database but that doesn't work either, they aren't seen in my current career. If anyone knows of a work about please lmk.</p>

All Undead Reaction does is stops momentum from changing. They don't lose any and you don't gain any. They still take damage as normal, but the momentum won't change.

You can wail away on Khoklov all you like with Upper Body Strikes, and he will lose health (slowly, due to Steel Skull...), but you won't gain any momentum and he won't lose any.

As for editing moves during a game, you'll need to use the in-game (aka, "live") editor, rather than the pre-game editor. You can import the moves you've created into a game from there, and create others as you go. As far as I know it's not possible to have moveset-specific pictures, as regardless of who is using the move it's the same move in the database.

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="37207" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Let's say a wrestler is an Indy Star main eventer working a Small company. Can that wrestler ever gain popularity to Well Known status' date=' or [b']have they reached their limit for that level?[/b]</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Same with Large companies and getting to Mega Star status; it's impossible to get to that popularity except in Mexico, Canada, USA, or Japan (with SOTBPW, NOTBPW, TCW/SWF, and BHOTWG, respectively). And to get <em>hired</em> by one of them, you <strong>need</strong> to have worked in a Medium or higher company</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="D-Lyrium" data-cite="D-Lyrium" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="37207" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>As for editing moves during a game, you'll need to use the in-game (aka, "live") editor, rather than the pre-game editor. You can import the moves you've created into a game from there, and create others as you go. As far as I know it's not possible to have moveset-specific pictures, as regardless of who is using the move it's the same move in the database.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> You got me in the right direction. I create the move in the default editor. Make it a trademark move of my wrestler. Then import is in the Live Editor, then add it my moves list! AWESOME! Wrestler specific. Of course this process would have been easier before I started my career but nonetheless this works.</p>

• 3 weeks later...
<p>I never saw this response for some reason.</p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Adam Ryland" data-cite="Adam Ryland" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="37207" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="BAPACop" data-cite="BAPACop" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="37207" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>1. How do I increase popularity above Indy Star? Since gaining that popularity level I have successfully completed seventeen straight storylines, but have yet to see a popularity-increasing one.<p> </p></div></blockquote><p> You can't get above Indy Star on the independent scene, you would need to find employment. If you view the Popularity screen you can see a graph of what the different levels are, and you will see that there is nothing above Indy Star in the unemployed \ independent column.</p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="BAPACop" data-cite="BAPACop" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="37207" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>2. How do I get a title match?</div></blockquote><p> On the independent scene? You don't, by virtue of the fact you're not working for a single company so there's no belts. In employment, you would get title storyline opportunities when you've won a set number of storylines in a row and are eligible for a title.</p></div></blockquote><p> I'm not on the independent scene; I'm employed and have been for quite a while. I now have twenty storylines completed successfully in a row since moving to current popularity level with no popularity-increasing storylines being offered.</p><p> </p><p> How do I determine whether or not I am eligible for a title?</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="BAPACop" data-cite="BAPACop" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="37207" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I'm not on the independent scene; I'm employed and have been for quite a while. I now have twenty storylines completed successfully in a row since moving to current popularity level with no popularity-increasing storylines being offered.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Eventually one will show up, it's impossible for them not to. Make sure you're not holding on to a title, as that limits what storylines are available until you've either lost it or vacated it after proving yourself.</p><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="BAPACop" data-cite="BAPACop" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="37207" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>How do I determine whether or not I am eligible for a title?</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> By viewing the title's requirements. If you're the right gender, roster position and weight then you're fine.</p>

By viewing the title's requirements. If you're the right gender, roster position and weight then you're fine.

What if the roster position isn't technically possible, like a Women's title being Midcard level in a promotion where there's just a generic Women's Division?

<p>Adam, if BAPACop's wrestler was an Indy Star Main Eventing a Small company, would he ever get offered popularity gaining storylines - or has he reached his max for that company?</p><p> </p><p>

I am pretty sure you get blocked off from gaining further popularity when at that Main Event threshold. At least that is what is happening in all my games.</p>

• 2 months later...
When you activate another area, do you always start as unknown? Even though you're really popular in a country where you'd think that other country's fans would be following or getting the tv in a real-life hypothetical scenario.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Archived