How Will TEW 2016 Change Your Booking?

I always fire all the female wrestlers, but I might actually keep a womens division.

I actually was the same, and now thanks to NXT, most of my favourite wrestlers are women. It's easier to book women like Asuka, Bayley and Sasha who are talented, instead of trying to book Kelly Kelly vs The Bellas. I remember they once feuded in 2011 because the Bellas said Kelly was too fat to be champion and that she airbrushed her pictures. Or even worse when the Bellas and Paige had a 3 month feud because Paige was too pale. It was embarrassing to watch women in WWE until the NXT women started to catch people's attention

1 - The major shakeups that Adam said happen every two-four years is fantastic for me to make my long term games more enjoyable. Typically if I started to get bored or lose interest I would do a major shake up myself (I would fire my top stars or create a new rival) so now I don't really need to do this.

2 - I love that I can have a developmental company that only consists of my own workers

3 - I love that we have more money in the bank now

4 - I love that we can build our own broadcasting company

5 - My only wish is that my booking strategy will still be effective in TEW 2016 as it was in TEW 2013. I book the same formula for each A show and B show and I may have to tinker with it a bit but hopefully it all works out.

6 - I give bonuses to my workers for winning awards or being in the top 100 of the end of the year awards so now I can do it twice!

7 - I love that each company can have their own Hall of Fame. It really makes a long term game more interesting. I did this in my own game but it was really just my authority figure having a self-interview.

8 - Allows booking gimmick and turns easier

9 - Overall, I feel like the long term play was really enhanced. My only wish is that booking screens are 60% similar to TEW 13 but if not it isn't a big deal I don't complain about TEW stuff because in my simple mind I cannot fathom how much time it takes to make TEW.

Thanks for twenty plus years of fun

I think some things I'll look to do is

1) Mega push some monsters in a SE company. Like a Strowman etc.

2) Try different things like UFC has with free to air shows. Basically try so many things on my network. Like a certain style series and really try push the undercard to have as many options as possible.

Excited at the prospect.

I don't see it changing booking much at all except the need for a dedicated color commentator.

The most consistent ways to get people over are still dominate, commentary, and referee. Just use Keep Strong and have the overness spread out that way.

Only the main event really matters for show grade. Use as many angles as possible.

2 - I love that I can have a developmental company that only consists of my own workers

Man, now I really wish I had told people lol. I don't consider myself a knowledgeable player, so I figured this was probably fairly well known if I could figure it out.

When you open your developmental company, go to the editor and give them the hiring rules "nobody under 25" and "nobody over 21". The notes are contradictory, making it impossible for any character to meet those requirements. Because no workers exist, they can't hire anybody.

Man, now I really wish I had told people lol. I don't consider myself a knowledgeable player, so I figured this was probably fairly well known if I could figure it out.

When you open your developmental company, go to the editor and give them the hiring rules "nobody under 25" and "nobody over 21". The notes are contradictory, making it impossible for any character to meet those requirements. Because no workers exist, they can't hire anybody.

That is clever. I never even looked at those rules really. Thanks for that.

As the series has went on I've increasingly kina booked gamey, like who I push heavily depends on the the guys stats. If say Pillman capped out at 70's for his stats i'll sop my plans to book him towards he Heavyweight title.

Where as before on say TEW2005 I'd have not put so much emphasis on purely looking a stats.

I'm thinking for TEW16 i'll go back to my old ways a bit and as long as they can hold their own, if they get over then they get over and if they can maintain the ratings I need to main event they will get pushed regardless on if they are getting old or don't have 80's/ 90's on their stats.

Think i'll have more fun that way and will open up more chances/

TV-Specials, and being able to call up development and local workers for a one-time appearance is two big new features, and probably my two favorites.

Oh yeah, I forgot about tryouts! That's going to be a huge addition to the game. Local worker holds his own in a squash match? Sign him to a developmental contract. Developmental prospect? Give him a B-show or even pre-show storyline to see if he's ready.

I just realized this yesterday, and while technically this doesn't change my booking I know I'm not the only person here that enjoys "watcher" games...but the whole auto-booker feature eliminates any desire to ever do a "watcher" game for me.

Auto-booker, in my mind, will make the game so much quicker to run through as an indy. I used to love simply just watching the world evolve and I would normally closely follow a handful of promotions. This way I can actively be involved with a promotion without having to be ultra hands on (unless I want to be)

This one feature is a total game-changer for me.

Part of my excitement for 2016 is tied to the fact that... honestly, it WON'T change my booking much at all. I'm agreeing with Remi again (but I won't quote him this time in case he thinks I'm stalking him) that I already book the hell out of stables and tag divisions, and even have a Bayley or two (or three; gotta hedge those bets on the destiny rolls).

Honestly I thought it would be hard to top 2013, I can still play it for days and just delving into 6-12 months of missed content on the forums is making me glee the hell out and get right back into the EXISTING game. But the changes in 2016 are so damn complimentary to my playstyle, I couldn't be more thrilled. It's fixing things I didn't even consider broken, and still managing to fix them.

Adam is a damn genius. It must be something we put in the water over here.

Part of my excitement for 2016 is tied to the fact that... honestly, it WON'T change my booking much at all.

This does seem like a fantasy booking/quality of life release. Most of the changes make the game easier and the changes intended to make the game more difficult will have almost no impact. The AI gets back but it'll still be miles away from all the tools the player has and finances are easy as long as you focus on building popularity in one area.

Lots of quality of life like autobookers/easier angle creation etc. but I'm not sure that the UI is a large barrier to entry as it was in say WMMA where negotiating contracts constantly ruined the experience.

I actually was the same, and now thanks to NXT, most of my favourite wrestlers are women. It's easier to book women like Asuka, Bayley and Sasha who are talented, instead of trying to book Kelly Kelly vs The Bellas. I remember they once feuded in 2011 because the Bellas said Kelly was too fat to be champion and that she airbrushed her pictures. Or even worse when the Bellas and Paige had a 3 month feud because Paige was too pale. It was embarrassing to watch women in WWE until the NXT women started to catch people's attention

This always amazes me. A women's division can be a profit center in and of itself so ditching it just because seems totally backward to me. I don't book men's promotions often (it's way too easy to me) but when I do, my women's division saves me tons of money and after a while, they can main event TV shows which saves me from having to use upper card talent.

It's like Schick or Gillette cutting their women's razor lines despite the fact that it's simply a men's razor colored pink and marked up 20% or more.

For me, I think the big thing is I'm going to have to get accustomed to a significantly different pool of talent when TEW16 arrives. I couldn't get comfortable with 13 for story structure reasons so I've stayed mostly in the TEW10 frame of mind. And looking through the 2010 C-Verse it's starting to occur to me that guys I've depended on as "figureheads" in the past like Bob Casey and Ted Brady could be retired and onto the functionary phase of their careers as road agents, color guys and the like. Young guys I try to keep from getting lost in the shuffle will have been in the shuffle turning into the Buck Grahams and Leo Davises of the C-Verse. And the guys in between could be my new Caseys and Bradys. I particularly wonder where my color people might come from since I tend to favor aging valets like Abi Romanov and Charlene in that capacity. Ladies like that may have left the biz completely by 2016.

On the other hand, one guy I'm looking forward to booking if he hasn't found a regular contract is Remmy Honeyman. I always wanted to grab him from his debut in 2010 but he sticker shocks me coming out of the gate. Had him in one of the failed attempts to get off the ground in 13 so I'm hoping he still needs me in 16. Dude could be an early contender for my figurehead in 16 if he does. Cip Conduit should be fun too. But I may be hoping for a 10 or 13 C-Verse mod with him. My dream pairing for Cip is Crash Lewis and he's another I could see having hung his gear up in C-Verse 16. But maybe I'll get lucky and the Down East Destroyers can finally live after all.

I don't see it changing booking much at all except the need for a dedicated color commentator.

The most consistent ways to get people over are still dominate, commentary, and referee. Just use Keep Strong and have the overness spread out that way.

Only the main event really matters for show grade. Use as many angles as possible.

Why don't you change your booking style?

Archived