Official "Booking Committee" Thread

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="StarsOverStalingrad" data-cite="StarsOverStalingrad" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41193" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I'm looking for ideas on how to handle the Women's championship at Summerslam 2019. Ronda unified the belts by winning at Wrestlemania. Here is how her title defenses have gone:<p> </p><p> 1. She beat Alexa Bliss on Raw.</p><p> 2. She beat Stephanie at Super ShowDown</p><p> 3. She beat Asuka at Stomping Ground</p><p> 4. She beat Natalya at Extreme Rules.</p><p> </p><p> Now at Summerslam, Ronda is facing AJ Lee who returned at Extreme Rules, and Bayley who is currently Ms. Money in the Bank.</p><p> </p><p> So what should I do?</p><p> A. Have Ronda retain</p><p> B. Have AJ Lee win</p><p> C. Have Bayley win w/o cashing in.</p><p> D. Have Bayley win after cash in post-match.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> What do you want the match to be at WM? Personally I'd have AJ tap Bayley, and win the belt after Ronda trashes them both. Then I'd have Ronda accidentally hit a fan and get suspended pending anger management. I'd then have Ric Flair ripoff Jack Nicholas for like 3 months until Charlotte is drafted to RAW and she beats AJ at Rumble. Ronda wins the Rumble, set-up Charlotte vs. Ronda for Mania with Ric as special guest referee. And Bayley still holding the briefcase. That's my story.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Makhai" data-cite="Makhai" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41193" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>What do you want the match to be at WM? Personally I'd have AJ tap Bayley, and win the belt after Ronda trashes them both. Then I'd have Ronda accidentally hit a fan and get suspended pending anger management. I'd then have Ric Flair ripoff Jack Nicholson for like 3 months until Charlotte is drafted to RAW and she beats AJ at Rumble. Ronda wins the Rumble, set-up Charlotte vs. Ronda for Mania with Ric as special guest referee. And Bayley still holding the briefcase. That's my story.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Based on my limited, second hand understanding of the personas involved this sounds like it could be pretty good. But a question does jump in my head before I try to build on it. The way I understand Bayley to have done over the years is that her dominant persona is as Wrestling's Little Sister. The goody two shoes uber face. She still doing that for you, Stars? Because if so, then Makhai's scenario begs another question. Has there ever been a scenario where either WWE or just you personally had a briefcase holder who was too nice to know what to do with it and ended up having to rush cashing in at the last minute because he/she drug their feet over the case's life cycle? If my limited knowledge still applies, that would seem to be the logical conclusion here. </p><p> </p><p> For me the ideal ensuing scenario is that Bayley wins the last second cash-in and walks away from Mania as champ. Various heels line up to prove her unworthy because of her mishandling of the cash-in. Bayley digs in her heels to try and prove her worth as champion and which side will prevail? Will Bayley prove her worth? Or will one of the heels sneak their way to the belt and show Bayley up?</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="cappyboy" data-cite="cappyboy" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41193" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Based on my limited, second hand understanding of the personas involved this sounds like it could be pretty good. But a question does jump in my head before I try to build on it. The way I understand Bayley to have done over the years is that her dominant persona is as Wrestling's Little Sister. The goody two shoes uber face. She still doing that for you, Stars? Because if so, then Makhai's scenario begs another question. Has there ever been a scenario where either WWE or just you personally had a briefcase holder who was too nice to know what to do with it and ended up having to rush cashing in at the last minute because he/she drug their feet over the case's life cycle?</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> </p><p> The cutesy underdog character that had money all over it, that Dusty and Co. developed was murdered by Vince as everyone predicted to the point she started getting booed and was turned heel. She still has the vestigial entrance, but really her character is that she's just another DIVA out for herself. It's been ages since she hugged little girls at ringside. Right now she's just a solid hand with no character and a cool entrance. </p><p> </p><p> Seth has held the briefcase all the way til Mania, granted he was a heel with stooges at the time. You could go with this storyline though and have her cash on the RAW before MitB and lose because she doesn't have the element of surprise, or better yet, have her forget when the contract voids and lose her shot like an idiot babyface if you wanted. All depends really on what Stars is up too.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Makhai" data-cite="Makhai" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41193" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>The cutesy underdog character that had money all over it, that Dusty and Co. developed was murdered by Vince as everyone predicted to the point she started getting booed and was turned heel. She still has the vestigial entrance, but really her character is that she's just another DIVA out for herself. It's been ages since she hugged little girls at ringside. Right now she's just a solid hand with no character and a cool entrance. <p> </p><p> Seth has held the briefcase all the way til Mania, granted he was a heel with stooges at the time. You could go with this storyline though and have her cash on the RAW before MitB and lose because she doesn't have the element of surprise, or better yet, have her forget when the contract voids and lose her shot like an idiot babyface if you wanted. All depends really on what Stars is up too.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Thanks for the insight, Brother MAkhai. When you've already been skeptical of WWE writing for several years and then your broadcast signal goes wonky and you're mysteriously getting Spanish telecasts when you ought not be, it can be easy to lose track. Secondhand info can only get one so far. But boy do I like your idea of the face forgetting when the contract voids and then having to live that down. That would be some golden TV in its own right.</p>

• 2 weeks later...

<p>Started a save as AEW and just ran my first Dynamite:</p><p> </p><p>

PAC Def Adam Page (67)</p><p>

Awesome Kong Def Britt Baker for AEW Womens Title (44)</p><p>

Cody Def Sammy Guevara (52) - <em>Jericho attacked Cody after match.</em></p><p>

Shawn Spears Def Jimmy Havoc and Chuck Taylor (49)</p><p>

Lucha Bros Def A boy and his dinosaur (54)</p><p>

Jericho and LAX Def The Elite (78) -<em> Moxley ran in for the finish, attacked Omega</em></p><p> </p><p>

Show Rating: 69</p><p> </p><p>

I need a name for a October PPV based around Halloween - any suggestions?</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Gravyb0y" data-cite="Gravyb0y" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41193" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div><p> I need a name for a October PPV based around Halloween - any suggestions?</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> WrestleWeen</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Gravyb0y" data-cite="Gravyb0y" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41193" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div><p> I need a name for a October PPV based around Halloween - any suggestions?</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> </p><p> Trick or Elite</p><p> </p><p> Halloween Hell</p><p> </p><p> Halloween Horrors</p>

I would like some suggestions on what to do for an SWF save using Lavelluk's mod, I am gonna try and revive SWF and take it to a TV-14/attitude era esq direction but im wondering if people had any ideas on how to do so, like gimmick changes, who to hire, who to fire, etc etc. Hope im not bugging people

I'm trying to pick a new Black Tiger in my NJPW game, but I'm really having a hard time deciding between several options. How do you decide who to give these legacies to? Is it based on potential overness gains or talent level? Is it based on star quality, or being as close to the original as possible with regards to ability?

On a scale of 1 to 10, How bad of an idea is it to have Wolf Hawkins beat James Bruce in his first SWF feud? I know Bruce is the "figurehead" but Remo is the real foundation of the company and Bruce is also 43. Hawkins is 31 and he's only 3 points less popular.

About -5 I think. Wolf is one of about five guys who could put into that bracket. He should win decisively.

I'm trying to pick a new Black Tiger in my NJPW game, but I'm really having a hard time deciding between several options. How do you decide who to give these legacies to? Is it based on potential overness gains or talent level? Is it based on star quality, or being as close to the original as possible with regards to ability?

I've been obsessed with fantasy booking the Tiger legacy in recent months, so all I can say is that Black Tiger should always be either a catch-based junior or someone from the dojo like Rocky Romero or TJ Perkins. Never a Japanese wrestler, but German, British, Irish, Canadian or American is fine.

The gimmick should always be the make of a new wrestler, not something you give to someone coming in with a pedigree. Star Quality should be a factor, but I'd make it a secondary filter factor following the regional background.

I'm looking for a rename for a guy I'm pulling in. He's currently working for SWF under the name Kenneth Savage. I'm a regional fed, and I already have a Micheal Savage; the combination of "SWF wouldn't allow it" and already having one, I'd like a new name. But I want something that would be reminiscent of his original name as well.

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Hashasheen" data-cite="Hashasheen" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41193" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I've been obsessed with fantasy booking the Tiger legacy in recent months, so all I can say is that Black Tiger should always be either a catch-based junior or someone from the dojo like Rocky Romero or TJ Perkins. Never a Japanese wrestler, but German, British, Irish, Canadian or American is fine. <p> </p><p> The gimmick should always be the make of a new wrestler, not something you give to someone coming in with a pedigree. Star Quality should be a factor, but I'd make it a secondary filter factor following the regional background.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I agree with all of this. My issue is that, after you've filtered out the workers that don't fit, how do you choose exactly which one to go with? Do you lean towards higher overness potential but while solid not quite world class in the ring? Do you favor the worker with higher star quality? Or do you go with the excellent worker even though they may never exceed C+ popularity?</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="soxfan93" data-cite="soxfan93" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41193" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I agree with all of this. My issue is that, after you've filtered out the workers that don't fit, how do you choose exactly which one to go with? Do you lean towards higher overness potential but while solid not quite world class in the ring? Do you favor the worker with higher star quality? Or do you go with the excellent worker even though they may never exceed C+ popularity?</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Mark Rocco wore the Black Tiger Mask the longest at 8 years, during a time when the British wrestling scene was collapsing into itself. Most other Black Tigers didn't actually wear the gimmick all that long and were largely supporting players in the junior division during and after their mask years. So I would personally suggest you go with the excellent worker with C+ pop rather than anything else. A wrestler who can be more than the mask should get that opportunity, but if all they are is the mask then that's just what they are.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="steev42" data-cite="steev42" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41193" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I'm looking for a rename for a guy I'm pulling in. He's currently working for SWF under the name Kenneth Savage. I'm a regional fed, and I already have a Micheal Savage; the combination of "SWF wouldn't allow it" and already having one, I'd like a new name. But I want something that would be reminiscent of his original name as well.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Ken Sergeant</p><p> Kenny Savante</p><p> Lord Kenneth S. Average</p><p> Mr S.V.G</p><p> Ken Supreme</p>

In a 2001 WCW lives game, I have three of The New Horsemen determined, but I need a fourth.

Ric Flair has been the leader to this point, but he’s scaling back his in-ring career now as we come to the end of 2001. Current members are “The Rainmaker” Bryan Daniels, “The Crippler” Lance Storm, and the man Flair took on as a protege, “The Specimen” Mark Jindrak. Original plan was for Flair and Jindrak to win the Tag Team titles at Starrcade, but am now thinking Storm and Jindrak will instead, as Flair is 9 years in decline. Daniels (Bryan Danielson, of course) is my current TV champion and has made 6 defenses, all by Figure Four. First question is who should take over the Horsemen when Flair is done in the ring. I was planning on Danielson, but now that Flair has Jindrak as his protege, I’m considering him as well.

I’m considering Samoa Joe, Colt Cabana, David Flair, AJ Styles, and Steve Corino already, but definitely open to other suggestions. EDIT: Horsemen are heels.

If Jindrak can improve enough he would fill that Flair spot (have them win the tag titles, being in a tag will hide Flair's decline, and Jindrak will improve a lot at the same time.)

As for the fourth? Styles at this point is to white meat to be a heel, Joe can fit the Arn role pretty well, Cabana maybe but like Styles, he isn't really a good fit in a heel group. Corino on the other hand would be a perfect fit and with a make over could actually be the perfect Flair replacement. He already has the charisma and in ring skills. He just needs to start the stylin' and profilin'.

<p>Running an MLW save, currently in October 2018, using the WWE split mod (can't remember the actual name of the mod, but the one where all the WWE shows are broken down into their own separate promotion). 3 questions:</p><p> </p><p>

1. Trying to come up with 4 or 5 talents that can be used as jobbers. I know, the short answer is I could pretty much pick anybody and make them a jobber, but I want to find guys that won't complain about losing every match. Any suggestions?</p><p> </p><p>

2. Trying to find a new opponent for a main event title feud. Current champ is Jeff Cobb. Possible options currently on the roster are MVP, "Filthy" Tom Lawlor, and Tommy Mercer. I don't want to sign anybody new for the main event scene right now because I have more than enough capable guys.</p><p> </p><p>

3. Right now, my MLW Tag Team champs are the Lucha Bros. Trying to find some teams to feud with them. I can throw some guys together on the current roster, but my best bet is going to be to sign some experienced tag teams, as in my save, no tag team on the MLW roster really matches up with the Lucha Bros. I could always bring in LAX, but that's been done in real life. Any ideas, I would sure appreciate it. Thanks.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="sportsfanmas" data-cite="sportsfanmas" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41193" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Running an MLW save, currently in October 2018, using the WWE split mod (can't remember the actual name of the mod, but the one where all the WWE shows are broken down into their own separate promotion). 3 questions:<p> </p><p> 1. Trying to come up with 4 or 5 talents that can be used as jobbers. I know, the short answer is I could pretty much pick anybody and make them a jobber, but I want to find guys that won't complain about losing every match. Any suggestions?</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> First question that comes to mind is whether you have Ariel Dominguez or not. This is exactly how MLW tells to use him in reality. Another name that comes to mind is Sam Thompson. I know OVW put TV gold on him but he's rather a small guy to envision him getting much traction outside the Davis Arena. Maybe someone like Ashton Kove and William Lutz. Been a few months behind with OVW but last I saw they were essentially jobbers. Heck, just scan OVW's undercard and think about grabbing guys who have the right personality for your purposes. They'll get better exposure for you than in Louisville. </p><p> </p><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="sportsfanmas" data-cite="sportsfanmas" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41193" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>2. Trying to find a new opponent for a main event title feud. Current champ is Jeff Cobb. Possible options currently on the roster are MVP, "Filthy" Tom Lawlor, and Tommy Mercer. I don't want to sign anybody new for the main event scene right now because I have more than enough capable guys.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I like the MVP idea. The splashy big name vs the bare bones, straight ahead mauler sounds like a natural clash of personas.</p><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="sportsfanmas" data-cite="sportsfanmas" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41193" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>3. Right now, my MLW Tag Team champs are the Lucha Bros. Trying to find some teams to feud with them. I can throw some guys together on the current roster, but my best bet is going to be to sign some experienced tag teams, as in my save, no tag team on the MLW roster really matches up with the Lucha Bros. I could always bring in LAX, but that's been done in real life. Any ideas, I would sure appreciate it. Thanks. </div></blockquote><p> </p><p> What alignment are the Lucha Bros in your game? I know they would have been faces in real having broken away from Promociones Dorado. Have you taken them the same direction? Because if you have, we're looking for teams that would work as henchies. War Machine available or they getting spoiled by WWE? Is Jax Dane available so you could have him be the War Kings with Mercer? Selena took on Los Parks to make up for losing Penta & Fenix. That could be a way for you to go if you don't mind mimicking reality. How about Jacob Fatu? Maybe have him work with Lance Anoi'a and have a battle of the Samoan legacy vs the Lucha Bros.</p>

Help

Hello, i have not been playing TEW for too long, i am a newbie really, but i need some help with getting better show grades. I have read up extensively but nothing seems to help, i run storylines, i put main eventers against main eventers and mid-carders against mid-carders etc, i use angles, i play to strengths, yet i still get cards of like 45-55 max. I'm losing money monthly, popularity going up in 10 and down in 15 basically every show. I have done 5 shows and 1 PPV so far and am using a real world database and im owner of AEW. Any tips would be great!

Maybe the MOD has workers popularity too low for the company (3rd ranked company in the game)?

Hello, i have not been playing TEW for too long, i am a newbie really, but i need some help with getting better show grades. I have read up extensively but nothing seems to help, i run storylines, i put main eventers against main eventers and mid-carders against mid-carders etc, i use angles, i play to strengths, yet i still get cards of like 45-55 max. I'm losing money monthly, popularity going up in 10 and down in 15 basically every show. I have done 5 shows and 1 PPV so far and am using a real world database and im owner of AEW. Any tips would be great!

Maybe the MOD has workers popularity too low for the company (3rd ranked company in the game)?

In general, the AEW popularity will be lower than their overall company ranking, but that is accurate to reality. Sammy Guevera (I could be spelling that wrong) is an almost unknown in modern wrestling. He's never been on national TV or PPV before AEW, yet is apart of their featured stable.

You'll want to get some more popular workers. Are you using the *right* kind of angles. Are you giving guys who can really talk time to talk? Guys with menace angles to be menacing? (This means rated on menace). Are you putting workers in angles rated on their overness (popularity) when they don't have a lot of popularity? I'm happy to help you figure it out. Feel free to send me a PM.