Official "Booking Committee" Thread

I'm interested to know how people have booked Shane Sneer, or how they've taken him to be as a character. I feel like I want to book him as a less-jokey Bobby Heenan but I'm just curious to see what other people have done.

He's definitely a weasel and usually a sports agent type. He's always looking for a shortcut or a loophole to gain an advantage. He's smart, clever, but his overconfidence is his downfall.

Ive began 1996 mod as ECW and need ideas for Dwayne Johnson, he'll be called Rocky. I'm thinking of teaming him with Mikey Whipwreck as an underdog tag team, but I'm not 100% sure about it. Anybody got any ideas?

I don't think he'd really work as an underdog in somewhere like ECW... at that time he'd have been coming pretty much straight off his brief stint in the CFL and, even with pro-wrestling's tendency to exaggerate height and weight he'd have been what... 6'3'' at the shortest and 240lbs+ of pretty much pure muscle. He'd have towered over pretty much everyone in ECW, let alone Whipwreck.

Couple of options that spring to mind:

1) Basically replicate the way Tommy Dreamer was introduced a few years earlier but ramp it up even more; might be worth having him as a heel who think he's a face (think Bo Dallas in NXT but probably with less comedy). Rocky can be presented as the prototypical "WWF style" wrestler, have him keep beating the undercard while getting heat etc etc. Foley was doing his anti-hardcore, pro WWF/WCW thing at this point so you could well have them work that angle together... Foley takes Rocky under his wing, tells him not to listen to the ECW fans, cuts promos telling Rocky to only stay here until one of the big buys comes calling, tells him to not do anything hardcore etc etc.

2) The Dudley's had an extended family at this point, so as well as D'Von, Bubba, Spike, Big Dick and Sign Guy there was also the lesser known Chubby Dudley, Dances with Dudley, Dudley Dudley and, while I think he'd left by 1996 after an injury, Snot Dudley. Adding "Rocky Dudley", the result of Daddy Dudley's vacation to the Pacific Islands, is an easy way to introduce Rocky and gives him a chance to develop. When you want to break him away from the Dudley's and change gimmick, a paternity test revealing he wasn't actually Daddy Dudley's son but instead Rocky Johnson's is a pretty ECW way of doing things.

3) In 1996 the The Samoan Gangster Party (Samu and the future Rosey) were in ECW weren't they? Rocky could be a third member of that group, playing up his maternal heritage.

4) At that point in ECW if you wanted guys who actually looked like they were in shape then either the Pitbulls or the Eliminators were your go to guys. Have Rocky be the third man for one of those teams, which gives him a great chance to learn by being involved with some of the top wrestlers in the promotion.

Championships

So, I am planning on having a two person game between my friend (a first time TEW user) and myself (I bought 2013 a year or so ago). Basically we're going to take a real-world mod, he's going to take over WWE, I'm going to take TNA or build a new one that is going to basically take TNA's spot. I also am going to get the rights to a few WWE wrestlers.

Point being, I am planning on taking Brock Lesnar (the way I got him is a long story) having him win my top championship and have him keep it until 2016 or 2017, but I want him to lose it via interference. When he loses it, I want him to take a few months off and come back and have his own championship belt that he claims is the real world championship (similar to Jay Briscoe in ROH in 2013). How do I book something like that in TEW?

Also, I am leaning towards this being a new fed rather than TNA). I want this fed to be an international one, but I am not sure if going to Canada or England is better. If I go to Canada, I have an easier Television situation. However, England has other smaller companies with a lot of solid talent that can be used to build my company. How should I go about this?

So, I am planning on having a two person game between my friend (a first time TEW user) and myself (I bought 2013 a year or so ago). Basically we're going to take a real-world mod, he's going to take over WWE, I'm going to take TNA or build a new one that is going to basically take TNA's spot. I also am going to get the rights to a few WWE wrestlers.

Point being, I am planning on taking Brock Lesnar (the way I got him is a long story) having him win my top championship and have him keep it until 2016 or 2017, but I want him to lose it via interference. When he loses it, I want him to take a few months off and come back and have his own championship belt that he claims is the real world championship (similar to Jay Briscoe in ROH in 2013). How do I book something like that in TEW?

Also, I am leaning towards this being a new fed rather than TNA. I want this fed to be an international one, but I am not sure if going to Canada or England is better. If I go to Canada, I have an easier Television situation. However, England has other smaller companies with a lot of solid talent that can be used to build my company. How should I go about this?

The British wrestling scene is booming right now and really has the potential to become bigger than the days of Haystacks. It has the talent, all it really needs is the money to grow. I think a British wrestling company could be a very interesting challenge, a lot of young top prospects around. I think you'd be going up against TNA in Britain as they have a show on Challenge TV

Ive began 1996 mod as ECW and need ideas for Dwayne Johnson, he'll be called Rocky. I'm thinking of teaming him with Mikey Whipwreck as an underdog tag team, but I'm not 100% sure about it. Anybody got any ideas?

I'd debut him with F.B.I. with Tommy Rich and Tracey Smothers -- Rock can start as a comedy character and slowly build him, eventually turning on his stable-mates and beating them subsequently. Rich and Smothers would both be good for his development.

I'd consider putting him in a Public-Enemy hip-hop duo. Stevie Richards and Jimmy Del Ray come to mind as plausible teammates -- you're looking for someone small who can play a comedy character in a pinch with basics. He'd naturally feud with The Gangstas and The Dudleys.

If you have still have them (or WCW releases them), I'd make Rocky the third member of The Public Enemy -- Rocco can really help the guys skills out -- and I think the role fits him well. Again, have the three face off against either The Dudleys or the The Gangstas.

A bit of a long shot: Have Rocky join the B.W.O. "Hollywood" Rocky Boulder could re-use Steve Austin's gimmick -- pair him with Stevie for maximum skill gain.

Something from the TGA 1987 mod that will be released by Genadi.

I'm thinking of creating Prince (the singer) to start off as Mania cele guest and transition into a manager. With his unique look and charisma he'd be great.

Good Idea? bad idea?

anyone good at renders?

Unique look but not much of a talker. Actually very shy in intervews. Probably be a face manager. Dont think he has the skills to be a heel.

Looking for a storyline to get me into a SWF save and have just had part of an idea.

Skull DeBones creates a stable called the Summoning along side The Crippler, Scythe and ????

Crippler will be the guy doing most of the leg work at the top of the card for Skull.

Skull will have the occasional match at PPV but is mostly the puppet master.

Scythe will be there to get over.

They will feud with/ target Remo, Bruce , Mikey Lau and Frankie Perez??? (not set on Perez)

Skull will initially injure Bruce, Bruce will be the talker of the gus trying to stop the Summoning. He'll recover an have his revenge on Skull.

Cali Dragons will try and get avenge Bruce and have to get through the hurdles of Scyth and ??? to try and reach Skull... Mikey will get a 1v1 with Skull, if he gets popular enough he may beat him.

Crippler targets the champion Remo..

By the end I want Scythe, Mikey to be main eventers, Crippler to have had a title run and maybe Perez to be Upper Midcard.

Looking for a storyline to get me into a SWF save and have just had part of an idea.

Skull DeBones creates a stable called the Summoning along side The Crippler, Scythe and ????

Crippler will be the guy doing most of the leg work at the top of the card for Skull.

Skull will have the occasional match at PPV but is mostly the puppet master.

Scythe will be there to get over.

They will feud with/ target Remo, Bruce , Mikey Lau and Frankie Perez??? (not set on Perez)

Skull will initially injure Bruce, Bruce will be the talker of the gus trying to stop the Summoning. He'll recover an have his revenge on Skull.

Cali Dragons will try and get avenge Bruce and have to get through the hurdles of Scyth and ??? to try and reach Skull... Mikey will get a 1v1 with Skull, if he gets popular enough he may beat him.

Crippler targets the champion Remo..

By the end I want Scythe, Mikey to be main eventers, Crippler to have had a title run and maybe Perez to be Upper Midcard.

Some thoughts: Vengeance is PPV-only, so he shouldn't necessarily be "leader". I'd have him "put out" Jack on PPV (say, Monster Unleashed). I'd have the Crippler in the Main Event and give him the title run. Have Jack out for a month or two.

Again, "Crippler" is more of a "serious character" -- you'd want something more fantasy-oriented. I'd consider an evil Lobster Warrior for the position, or possibly him under cult leader/occult.

I'd have Crippler/Morissette "summon" Vengeance to take out Jack, and have Vengeance accept the alliance on PPV.

Frankie Perez is perfect as "Kill Switch" in Vengeance's stable -- a secret weapon. I'd have him go against Jack or Remo at some point in a title match.

Mikey is a natural opponent at this point to Frankie -- the Cali Dragons have been consistently defunct as a unit since 2007 anyway. Down the line, Frankie could re-join the group. It's a great way to "add" Mikey to the fight against Vengeance and get him involved.

Scythe would be Vengeance's personal protege -- I'd involve him in a couple PPV victories.

Eventually, I'd have Kill Switch/Perez turn on Crippler and temporarily "re-form" the Cali Dragons. I think Scythe should get a short face run -- I'm pretty sure he's somewhat capable as a face -- and retire Vengeance and "inherit" his skills. [Vengeance actually spent most of his career as a face].

Filling out the feud:

I'd put the "forth member" under the "Lobster Warrior" mask. This is an opportunity to put a rocket on someone, so choose wisely, and consult "creative meeting" before making a decision. I'd personally place Xavi Ferrera, Drake Young, Ant-Man and James "The High Flyin' Hawaiian" Adams on my shortlist for the role.

John Greed is a perfect fit for Vengeance's stable, bringing them up to five members with four contracted for TV. This would allow for both mid card and main event feuds.

"Summoning": Chris "The Crippler" Morissette, Vengeance, John Greed, Kill Switch, Scythe

Face Alliance: Jack Bruce, Remo, Mikey James, "Lobster Warrior"

I'd have "The Crippler" lose to Bruce with a rage DQ, Vengeance injuring Bruce/Remo leading to a vacated title (I'd actually have Bruce beat Remo, and have Remo turn face) and "The Crippler" beating Bruce/Remo in the rematch.

I'd have Bruce/Remo reclaim the World Title upon returning, make 1 or 2 defenses, Kill Switch will challenge for the title, lose by rage DQ, and Scythe will lay out the champion, taking him out for a month.

I'd have The Crippler beat either Bruce/Remo for the vacated title, have Mikey beat Kill Switch in a #1 Contenders match, and eventually have Mikey go over "The Crippler". I'd build to career vs. career matches at Supreme Challenge 2017 between "Lobster Warrior" vs. "The Crippler" and "Scythe" vs. Vengeance. "Lobster Warrior" and "Scythe" will go over, Mikey James will go over Kill Switch and the two will make up, effectively ending the stable and the storyline.

I'd send both Vengeance and "The Crippler" down to developmental after the loss and let them wind down careers as trainers.

I'd build to Mikey James vs. Scythe or John Greed depending on destiny roll for 2018.

Some great ideas and nice fleshing out, Forgot about Perez as Killswitch, perfect addition.

Not sold on Greed to be part of the group, need to have a sister gimmick or be someone deadly in the ring like Crippler.

Lobster Warrior, nice touch, I'll see if I can fin the right guy for the job, a young guy who needs a gimmick to start their ascent to the top.

I've also got Gilmore, Brandon and Valiant that I want to do something with. perhaps not in the Summoning story.

Thinking of Brandan to feud with and put over a rising star, thinking Zimmy, it annoys me that in their bio it's said for years the are being built up slowly, I expected them to be in amongst the main event as singles stars, or at least one of them. So Zimmy will be feuding with The Big Cat, Randy will be feuding With Joey Minnesota for the North American title.

Valiant and Gilmore I'm just sticking together as a tag team or something, let them help bring up the tag division until their time comes to head towards title feuds.

There is a group of guYs with stats that are good enough to be solid part of the tag team and midcard but the are guys I have no connection too, no interest to do something with.

I'm in two minds, as on the one hand i'd like to replace them with guYs I have a connection with, mostly all goT the skills to midcard SWF alongside guys like Foxmask that I'd like to have a top level run in my company for a year or two. On the other hand the guys i have no connection too are usfull as the are the group that I won't min jobbing to the rest of the roster.

I need a name for one of my titles. I'm going to be running a RW mod but with a modified roster for the WWE and using the World Title and IC Title as my main two titles but I need a name for my lower end title. I don't want it to be the US Title and don't think I want a TV Title cause that will force me to try use it on every TV show. Any ideas for me?

I need a name for one of my titles. I'm going to be running a RW mod but with a modified roster for the WWE and using the World Title and IC Title as my main two titles but I need a name for my lower end title. I don't want it to be the US Title and don't think I want a TV Title cause that will force me to try use it on every TV show. Any ideas for me?

A TLC (Table, Ladders and Chairs) Title -- and it can only be defended in TLC matches.

It's a great way to incorporate high spots, and with multiple meanings, can be incorporated into storylines -- a "ravishing" heel would have a field day with it as would Gold Dust.

A TLC (Table, Ladders and Chairs) Title -- and it can only be defended in TLC matches.

It's a great way to incorporate high spots, and with multiple meanings, can be incorporated into storylines -- a "ravishing" heel would have a field day with it as would Gold Dust.

Not looking for it to be a gimmick title because then it would be the same idea as a TV title where I'm stuck using it certain ways. Just hoping for a cool or catchy name.

<p>I had an idea where I want to dedicate a month to a trios tournament in my TNA 2004 game. I was just wondering how I could do that though with my schedule. I doubt I could do three pay per views in one month to accurately copy the experience without losing money on the deal. I dunno. I just want to make a prestigious main event trios tournament.</p><p> </p><p>

I'd need to do 15 matches I believe.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Captain2" data-cite="Captain2" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41193" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I had an idea where I want to dedicate a month to a trios tournament in my TNA 2004 game. I was just wondering how I could do that though with my schedule. I doubt I could do three pay per views in one month to accurately copy the experience without losing money on the deal. I dunno. I just want to make a prestigious main event trios tournament.<p> </p><p> I'd need to do 15 matches I believe.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Are you still on the weekly PPVs or do you have Impact? And what format are you planning like how many teams and is it knockout or a league?</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Mildly_Amusing" data-cite="Mildly_Amusing" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41193" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Are you still on the weekly PPVs or do you have Impact? And what format are you planning like how many teams and is it knockout or a league?</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I have impact and monthly pay per views. Knockout would be my preferred path.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Captain2" data-cite="Captain2" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41193" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I have impact and monthly pay per views. Knockout would be my preferred path.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> So that's 15 matches across 5 shows :S Best I could think of is the first round on impact (8 Matches or 2 a show) while have the PPV completely centred on the QFs, SFs & Final (7 Matches).</p><p> </p><p> Or do it over more than one month</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Mildly_Amusing" data-cite="Mildly_Amusing" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41193" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>So that's 15 matches across 5 shows :S Best I could think of is the first round on impact (8 Matches or 2 a show) while have the PPV completely centred on the QFs, SFs & Final (7 Matches).<p> </p><p> Or do it over more than one month</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Hrm well it sounds doable that way.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Mildly_Amusing" data-cite="Mildly_Amusing" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41193" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>So that's 15 matches across 5 shows :S Best I could think of is the first round on impact (8 Matches or 2 a show) while have the PPV completely centred on the QFs, SFs & Final (7 Matches).<p> </p><p> Or do it over more than one month</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Yeah, having a "trios championship qualifier match" on your weekly shows should build it up nicely. I'd run it down to four teams and build some story lines out of the qualifier and first round matches.</p>

<p>Still planning my WCW game with the BH's 1996 mod. As some of you know, I want a show based entirely on the Cruiserweight division. A real weight split where there's no crossover (except Benoit and Pillman, because Horsemen). I'm having an issue with tag teams, namely the Hardys and Edge and Christian.</p><p> </p><p>

Both teams had one guy low enough to be a junior heavyweight (Jeff and Christian) but one in the 230-240 area (Matt and Edge).</p><p> </p><p>

Is there a rule regarding total combined weight or something? Where would you put them?</p>

Yeah, having a "trios championship qualifier match" on your weekly shows should build it up nicely. I'd run it down to four teams and build some story lines out of the qualifier and first round matches.

Yeah. now to come up with teams. I'm about three short. Unless I decide to go a bit silly and have Samoa Joe entirely by himself.