Small Questions Thread & "Living FAQ"

Is it possible to turn one of your negative influences into a positive one? Or even a neutral one? If so, what's the best way to go about it?

I don't know about turning into a positive influence, but I have had a few negative influences turn neutral.

It was the locker room leader that did it. The worker that was a negative influence did a 'bad thing' and was brought before their wrestlers' courtroom with the locker room leader as the judge. When that leader fixed it, the negative influence improved enough to be a neutral influence. Not on their character sheet (which still said "usually a bad influence"). But on my backstage page.

I guess if that same worker keeps getting brought into the courtroom they could turn positive. But eventually they'll be neutral and stop making messes before that.

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="shadowmaster" data-cite="shadowmaster" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>So, I have a cult size Fed with a few child companies. I received a notification that a couple of my works developmental contracts were coming to an end. I tried to offer them Developmental contracts - they weren't interested.<p> So, I resigned them to written contracts. It then told me I extended their contracts. I then noticd that it put them on my main feds roster instead of leaving them in the child company. A couple of these workers had titles so it looks like even though I moved them back their original child company the same day they came up, that they vacated the title.</p><p> So my 2 questions are....</p><p> 1. Whats the best way to get them to accept Developmental contracts?</p><p> 2. If I don't re-up them, will the child company sign them?</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> You could sign them to written contracts and then send them to development either "to train others" or "to work down there"</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Gungner" data-cite="Gungner" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>The one you pick as the loser, will be the first man eliminated.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> That's at least something. Thank you, hammerglenn and deknegt for replying.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Gungner" data-cite="Gungner" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Is it possible to turn one of your negative influences into a positive one? Or even a neutral one? If so, what's the best way to go about it?</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> </p><p> Surround them with positive influences, try and limit the presence of other negtive influences, and meddle in their relationships to make them friends with good people.</p>

I added a third member to the broadcast booth and got a message that they clashed horribly when at announcers booth together for one of the original members but they worked extremely well with the other. Worth it to keep the third member as the two competing comments cancel each other out? Or is the "clash" more of a sexton/graves type thing where they bicker cause of face/heel dynamic?

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="mlewi101" data-cite="mlewi101" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I added a third member to the broadcast booth and got a message that they clashed horribly when at announcers booth together for one of the original members but they worked extremely well with the other. Worth it to keep the third member as the two competing comments cancel each other out? Or is the "clash" more of a sexton/graves type thing where they bicker cause of face/heel dynamic?</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> What you can do is book a show, run it with the three man booth. Take notes on the grades you get. Before you advance to the next day, back out of the game and then reopen it and remove the third man from each match. That will show you if it's worth it to keep them.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Jaysin" data-cite="Jaysin" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>What you can do is book a show, run it with the three man booth. Take notes on the grades you get. Before you advance to the next day, back out of the game and then reopen it and remove the third man from each match. That will show you if it's worth it to keep them.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> And turn off all the user preferences that can affect grades. Like, you never want to test with Crowd Management on.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Gungner" data-cite="Gungner" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Is it possible to turn one of your negative influences into a positive one? Or even a neutral one? If so, what's the best way to go about it?</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Well, I've found a few things that work. First, when dealing with locker room incidents, if you choose the right one, their behavior will improve. If they're really negative, it won't change things much, but I've seen it knock someone to neutral or positive. The "Wrestler's Court" with a locker room leader will often have the same effect.</p><p> </p><p> Bonuses and praise during post-event speeches can do it too.</p><p> </p><p> Finally, if the negative influence has any positive relationships, hire them. For example, when I play OLLIE, I always hire Chica De Partido. She's Luis Montero's wife, and he's a negative influence, and that simple hire is enough to knock him up to neutral almost every single time I've played.</p><p> </p><p> And yes, you CAN turn a negative influence into a positive influence if you're very lucky. I've seen it happen with Cosmic Rider, again in OLLIE, a feat I was quite surprised by.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="obfirmo" data-cite="obfirmo" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>After contract talks have fallen through how long do you have to wait before a wrestler is willing to talk again?</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Six months.</p><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Jazz49ers" data-cite="Jazz49ers" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>How can I get one of my child companies to join my alliance? I've tried at least 10 different owners, most with "open" for their feelings on pacts, some with normal but my invite to join the alliance is always rejected. What am I missing?</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Is there any negative relationship with an existing member promotion in the alliance? Do they fail on any of the membership criteria?</p>

Do developmental trainers have to be active wrestlers? Do they affect the skills of dev trainees based on what the trainer is good at? Would be it be prudent to send down someone with good entertainment skills as a trainer so that they could help the trainees develop their entertainment skills?

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="YoungNoble" data-cite="YoungNoble" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>If you are running all of your shows in NE, it is probably spillover pop</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> </p><p> Not if he's being broadcast everywhere equally though. I've had the same thing happen using a smaller fed with nationwide coverage. 4 out of 7 areas gained pop at an extended rate so I dont think spillover makes sense there</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Teh_Showtime" data-cite="Teh_Showtime" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Spillover is different for each area though, it’s not a flat rate across the country in the US though I think it is in Japan and Mexico</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Agreed. But i've seen this happen in one save and not the next using the same database, so there has to be another underlying reason. The spillover would affect both saves equally, no?</p><p> </p><p> There would be a 44,44,56,56,56,44,44,56 for instance in one save, yet flat 56's across the board in the next with nothing (that I know of) set differently.</p><p> </p><p> Edit:</p><p> </p><p> </p><p> I could just be missing something obvious, but this has bugged me more than once and i can usually figure out cause and effect in this game pretty well.</p><p> </p><p> Second edit..</p><p> </p><p> </p><p> Would differing popularity in the regions correlate to larger pop increases?</p><p> </p><p> Eg. Tri state 80 pop, all others 60. would a workers pop growth in tri state increase faster than the other regions?</p><p> </p><p> That could explain the disparity.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="James Casey" data-cite="James Casey" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Is there any negative relationship with an existing member promotion in the alliance? Do they fail on any of the membership criteria?</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Yep, turns out they do have a negative relationship with one of the other promotions. I'm guessing there is no way I can change this, short of ending my relationship as parent company of one of them, taking them over, and hoping they agree to end the negative relationship?</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Jazz49ers" data-cite="Jazz49ers" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Yep, turns out they do have a negative relationship with one of the other promotions. I'm guessing there is no way I can change this, short of ending my relationship as parent company of one of them, taking them over, and hoping they agree to end the negative relationship?</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I've noticed that owners who are friends are less likely to start or continue hostilities. Not sure if this is how it works, but you could always edit the relationship and see what happens.</p>

<p>I'm not very good at translating set products into what the closest real life products are. If I'm running an equal pop and performance product that is </p><p> </p><p>

Key - mainstream</p><p>

Heavy - cult</p><p>

Medium - traditional, modern, hardcore and daredevil</p><p>

Everything else is low with no hyper realism. Angles and matches go over great. It's almost been a fool proof product the way I book but what is it in your opinion?</p><p>

Modern hardcore sports entertainment? Lol</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="whatwuzthat69" data-cite="whatwuzthat69" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I'm not very good at translating set products into what the closest real life products are. If I'm running an equal pop and performance product that is <p> </p><p> Key - mainstream</p><p> Heavy - cult</p><p> Medium - traditional, modern, hardcore and daredevil</p><p> Everything else is low with no hyper realism. Angles and matches go over great. It's almost been a fool proof product the way I book but what is it in your opinion?</p><p> Modern hardcore sports entertainment? Lol</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Lucha Underground without the lucha</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="whatwuzthat69" data-cite="whatwuzthat69" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I'm not very good at translating set products into what the closest real life products are. If I'm running an equal pop and performance product that is <p> </p><p> Key - mainstream</p><p> Heavy - cult</p><p> Medium - traditional, modern, hardcore and daredevil</p><p> Everything else is low with no hyper realism. Angles and matches go over great. It's almost been a fool proof product the way I book but what is it in your opinion?</p><p> Modern hardcore sports entertainment? Lol</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> It’s basically like 2000 WWF. The modern/daredevil of the TLC era, hardcore elements up and down the card, maybe just missing some risqué but it’s pretty much exactly late attitude era IMO.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="LloydCross" data-cite="LloydCross" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>What drives the match bonus in the dirtsheet for "being well-booked"?</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I think it’s generally open match - might only get it when it’s between two people of same/similar pushes, but am unsure.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Jaded" data-cite="Jaded" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I think it’s generally open match - might only get it when it’s between two people of same/similar pushes, but am unsure.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Makes sense. The time I got it was the first time I ever actually used Open match (I kind of assumed it was the default).</p>