Tag Teams / Stables / Naming Thread Suggestions

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Chikbot" data-cite="Chikbot" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41263" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I need a tag team name for Razor Ramon and Scotty Riggs(Renamed Scott Shaver) for a 96 WWF game. <p> </p><p> The story is, Ramon brought Shaver as his best friend from Cuba, they have similar gimmicks. The current name I'm using is Team Machismo</p><p> </p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I'd rename Scotty's finisher to Close Cut and call the team Cutting Edge because WRESTLING.</p>

Doing a 1994 WWF game and bringing in Public Enemy. Because it's 1994 WWF I've decided to package them with Crustacean gimmicks. Mainly because I want to change Rocco's name to Rock Lobster. I'm struggling to think of a pun for Grunge and a tag team name. Anyone have suggestions?

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="ReyRey619" data-cite="ReyRey619" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41263" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Doing a 1994 WWF game and bringing in Public Enemy. Because it's 1994 WWF I've decided to package them with Crustacean gimmicks. Mainly because I want to change Rocco's name to Rock Lobster. I'm struggling to think of a pun for Grunge and a tag team name. Anyone have suggestions?</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Maybe call him Prawny Grunge and the team could be known as Shellfish Desires.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="cappyboy" data-cite="cappyboy" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41263" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Maybe call him Prawny Grunge and the team could be known as Shellfish Desires.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Damn you, Russo!</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="S_Joker" data-cite="S_Joker" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41263" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>New name for canadian worker El Phantasmo? And for a canadian stable (please dont suggest Team Canada)?<p> Thanks.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> What kind of gimmick do you plan on using with Phantasmo? </p><p> </p><p> Also, when I ran an '01 game on TEW '10 (I believe) I took Benoit, Edge, Christian, Jericho & Storm and named them "Canada's Finest".</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="S_Joker" data-cite="S_Joker" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41263" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>New name for canadian worker El Phantasmo? And for a canadian stable (please dont suggest Team Canada)?<p> Thanks.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> For the Canadian stable, how about you pull from O Canada and call this stable The True North?</p>

<p>Looking for a name for the stable of Jay Chord, Davis Wayne Newton and The Canadian Blondes (Flash Savage & Ozzie Golden). The story is they're all former MAW guys in the Rip Chord days, and they're tentatively going to be The House of Chord, but I want to see if there's a better idea out there.</p><p> </p><p>

Also, they're going to be feuding with Greg Gauge, The Aces of Mayhem (Ace Youngblood & Max Mayhem) and another guy to be determined (Stan Manna and Riley McManus are already on my roster but I'm not excited to use either of those 2), so if there's a stable name there that works for a reference to Sam Keith's MAW, that wouldn't hurt either.</p><p> </p><p>

This is in a created company, for the record, not MAW itself.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Terra Ryzin" data-cite="Terra Ryzin" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41263" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Looking for a team name between Shawn Stasiak and Mark Jindrak, I called them Perfect Event, but realized that's Palumbo and Stasiak's team name. I've not got a lot planned for them, a run or two with the WWF Tag Team titles might be in order however.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> What about "Planet Perfect" or just "The Perfection"?!</p>

What about "Planet Perfect" or just "The Perfection"?!

Planet Perfect definitely came to mind, and what I was going to go with, I made a place holder name for them, Absolutely Flawless, as you know.. They have abs.. and think they are flawless; perfect. Yeah, that. Tough decision between Absolutely Perfect, and Planet Perfect, thanks for both of the suggestions.

<p>Feels odd to be posting again in this thread after not too long ago..</p><p> </p><p>

Whatever. Anyway, I was looking for suggestions on the teaming of Sean Morley and Charles Wright, the former Right to Censor, obviously I could try to spin things back and have both or either go to their old Adult Film Star, and Pimp gimmicks, but after the poor reception Godfather got going back into his gimmick in 2002 led me think otherwise.</p><p> </p><p>

Instead, they are both faces now, and are already under No Gimmick Needed .. gimmicks. So, I guess I could keep teaming them as they are with their real names, but thought someone might have a better idea, suggestions?</p>

<p>I would have themade as their old characters, need some color in the midcard.</p><p> </p><p>

You could do skits involving them in their undisclosed business venture. Godfather would bring girls for Venus to use in his videos. Could be a way to introduce new women or debut new guys. Godfather brings Venus a new girl.. the new girls brother/bf comes looking for them to stop the girl before she appears in a video, a match or feud occurs.</p><p> </p><p>

Venus and Godfather have a talk show called the Casting Couch. Etc.</p><p> </p><p>

I may also consider. Having Venus as Venus but altering Godfather into more of a Manager/agent role. Still blinded up a little but more toned down, he'd have a women on his side but the pimp gimmick would be played down a bit and he would be a charismatic manager for Venus. He could always be his tag partner on occasion. I'd call him somthing like Pimpin Charles Wright.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Terra Ryzin" data-cite="Terra Ryzin" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41263" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Feels odd to be posting again in this thread after not too long ago..<p> </p><p> Whatever. Anyway, I was looking for suggestions on the teaming of Sean Morley and Charles Wright, the former Right to Censor, obviously I could try to spin things back and have both or either go to their old Adult Film Star, and Pimp gimmicks, but after the poor reception Godfather got going back into his gimmick in 2002 led me think otherwise.</p><p> </p><p> Instead, they are both faces now, and are already under No Gimmick Needed .. gimmicks. So, I guess I could keep teaming them as they are with their real names, but thought someone might have a better idea, suggestions?</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Got any women to call up/sign? Have those two start the Diva Search, given their qualifications.</p><p> </p><p> Otherwise, do some comedy. Have them keep appearing in segments that look like they're getting back into their old ways (a woman giving Wright money, a man approaching Morley with a camcorder, etc) but it's all innocuous things and they're like, "no no no I can explain!"</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Rayelek" data-cite="Rayelek" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41263" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Got any women to call up/sign? Have those two start the Diva Search, given their qualifications.<p> </p><p> Otherwise, do some comedy. Have them keep appearing in segments that look like they're getting back into their old ways (a woman giving Wright money, a man approaching Morley with a camcorder, etc) but it's all innocuous things and they're like, "no no no I can explain!"</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Hm, I like both of those ideas. I'll definitely try my hand at them, thanks for the suggestions. Otherwise they would've just been my plain janes.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Rayelek" data-cite="Rayelek" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41263" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Looking for a name for the stable of Jay Chord, Davis Wayne Newton and The Canadian Blondes (Flash Savage & Ozzie Golden). The story is they're all former MAW guys in the Rip Chord days, and they're tentatively going to be The House of Chord, but I want to see if there's a better idea out there.<p> </p><p> Also, they're going to be feuding with Greg Gauge, The Aces of Mayhem (Ace Youngblood & Max Mayhem) and another guy to be determined (Stan Manna and Riley McManus are already on my roster but I'm not excited to use either of those 2), so if there's a stable name there that works for a reference to Sam Keith's MAW, that wouldn't hurt either.</p><p> </p><p> This is in a created company, for the record, not MAW itself.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Bumping this, and also requesting a name for Danny Fonzarelli in same company. He's coming in as a heel with a "Demon" gimmick, was gonna use Jay Daniels (as somewhere between Jay Darkness and Danny Fonzarelli) but having Jay Chord, I don't want 2 Jay's if I can help it. Any thoughts?</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Rayelek" data-cite="Rayelek" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41263" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Bumping this, and also requesting a name for Danny Fonzarelli in same company. He's coming in as a heel with a "Demon" gimmick, was gonna use Jay Daniels (as somewhere between Jay Darkness and Danny Fonzarelli) but having Jay Chord, I don't want 2 Jay's if I can help it. Any thoughts?</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Daniel Karmack. Karmack (or Carmack or whatever your preferred spelling) is a cool name)</p><p> </p><p> Or you could just lengthen out the Jay to Jason. Jason Daniels sounds fine to me</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Rayelek" data-cite="Rayelek" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41263" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Bumping this, and also requesting a name for Danny Fonzarelli in same company. He's coming in as a heel with a "Demon" gimmick, was gonna use Jay Daniels (as somewhere between Jay Darkness and Danny Fonzarelli) but having Jay Chord, I don't want 2 Jay's if I can help it. Any thoughts?</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Maybe Danny Darko (cheesy, a little...but what wrestling company hasn't used a cheesy pop culture reference now and then).</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="The Dynamite Sid" data-cite="The Dynamite Sid" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41263" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Daniel Karmack. Karmack (or Carmack or whatever your preferred spelling) is a cool name)<p> </p><p> Or you could just lengthen out the Jay to Jason. Jason Daniels sounds fine to me</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> This inspired me, going with Daniel Karnak, as in Karnak, Demon of Wounds from an old webcomic I used to read, thanks.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Rayelek" data-cite="Rayelek" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41263" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>This inspired me, going with Daniel Karnak, as in Karnak, Demon of Wounds from an old webcomic I used to read, thanks.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Don't thank me, thank Oculus VR's John Carmack</p>

<p>I'm introducing a tournament for my WWE save, essentially to replace Money in the Bank (Winner gets title shot whenever they want) and has a two stage format. </p><p> </p><p>

The first stage will be competitors being split into four groups of four, they compete in a league style system where 3 points for a win, 1 for a draw and 0 for a loss, each wrestler competes three times. The top two progress. </p><p> </p><p>

The quarter finals, semi finals and the finals will take place over two days, with the winner getting a title shot for any title of their choice. </p><p> </p><p>

My problem is that I need a name for the tournament, I could go for King of the Ring, but I'm not sure about changing the format.</p>