<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="tywood2022" data-cite="tywood2022" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41303" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>What's everyone's path to International/Global? I never had a problem getting there in 2013, but it looks like you need to expand to at least one other game area other than USA/Canada/Mexico. I'm in May 2017 and hadn't really thought about it until I tried to sign an international star.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Easy way is to spend the money and create your own broadcaster. If you want to save a bit of coin at the beginning you can make it only have coverage in the new game area that you want to expand to. That way you can set your tv show to be on C.A.N.N in North America and on your own broadcaster in Japan, EU, Aus, or UK.</p><p> </p><p> Fastest way to rise is to look at the industry trends in the other regions. See if you are trending positive anywhere. That would make pop grow faster there.</p>

• Replies 454
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

<p>It's Feb 2017 in game and Brandon James' contract just came up. He's a solid guy in the main event scene but Morgan and Hernandez have pushed him out of the top 5 for national battles. His matches are suffering because he's not in a storyline (lots of 79's lately) and he's in the "creative has nothing for you" rut that I can't seem to dig out of. He's 40 but his skills aren't in time decline.</p><p> </p><p>

I like the guy, he was in the main event with Rogue at Supreme Challenge and they put on a 94 rated Last Man Standing match so I know he can carry shows if he's included in a hot story line but I just don't know what to do with him. Turn him face and have him put over Allen? Have him go over someone like Crippler? Keep him heel and insert him into a feud just to be there?</p><p> </p><p>

So what do you do with James? Obviously a good worker but I just can't seem to find anything for him.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="marsupial311" data-cite="marsupial311" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41303" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>It's Feb 2017 in game and Brandon James' contract just came up. He's a solid guy in the main event scene but Morgan and Hernandez have pushed him out of the top 5 for national battles. His matches are suffering because he's not in a storyline (lots of 79's lately) and he's in the "creative has nothing for you" rut that I can't seem to dig out of. He's 40 but his skills aren't in time decline.<p> </p><p> I like the guy, he was in the main event with Rogue at Supreme Challenge and they put on a 94 rated Last Man Standing match so I know he can carry shows if he's included in a hot story line but I just don't know what to do with him. Turn him face and have him put over Allen? Have him go over someone like Crippler? Keep him heel and insert him into a feud just to be there?</p><p> </p><p> So what do you do with James? Obviously a good worker but I just can't seem to find anything for him.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Brandon is one of my faves and I'm never at a loss with something for him. If you've really hit that much of a creative wall with the guy I would say turning him face seems logical. Start him off feuding with Allen and go from there. See what possibilities spring to mind. In my mind, babyface Brandon smashing a mouthy heel (Eric, Starr, Spade, Awesomeness) is always a crowd pleaser</p><p> </p><p> He's so versatile I would definitely say keep him around, even if you are starting to cycle him down the card</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="marsupial311" data-cite="marsupial311" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41303" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>It's Feb 2017 in game and Brandon James' contract just came up. He's a solid guy in the main event scene but Morgan and Hernandez have pushed him out of the top 5 for national battles. His matches are suffering because he's not in a storyline (lots of 79's lately) and he's in the "creative has nothing for you" rut that I can't seem to dig out of. He's 40 but his skills aren't in time decline.<p> </p><p> I like the guy, he was in the main event with Rogue at Supreme Challenge and they put on a 94 rated Last Man Standing match so I know he can carry shows if he's included in a hot story line but I just don't know what to do with him. Turn him face and have him put over Allen? Have him go over someone like Crippler? Keep him heel and insert him into a feud just to be there?</p><p> </p><p> So what do you do with James? Obviously a good worker but I just can't seem to find anything for him.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I like James too, especially if he's not on time decline. Is there a young worker you could pair him with in a tag team? He should be a good trainer for one of your bright prospects (Maybe Primus?)...and there's always the eventual team splitting storyline down the road...</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="tywood2022" data-cite="tywood2022" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41303" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>What's everyone's path to International/Global? I never had a problem getting there in 2013, but it looks like you need to expand to at least one other game area other than USA/Canada/Mexico. I'm in May 2017 and hadn't really thought about it until I tried to sign an international star.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I think others already mentioned it but by purchasing your own broadcaster and making it Commercial it will quickly increase your overness. I made it to Global in about 2 years by running 2 PPV's a month purely for financial gain. I also bought out several companies in other regions that gave me their popularity.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="The Dynamite Sid" data-cite="The Dynamite Sid" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41303" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Brandon is one of my faves and I'm never at a loss with something for him. If you've really hit that much of a creative wall with the guy I would say turning him face seems logical. Start him off feuding with Allen and go from there. See what possibilities spring to mind. In my mind, babyface Brandon smashing a mouthy heel (Eric, Starr, Spade, Awesomeness) is always a crowd pleaser<p> </p><p> He's so versatile I would definitely say keep him around, even if you are starting to cycle him down the card</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> After writing it out I feel better about turning him face. Both him and Angry Gilmore seem to find themselves as bit players in story lines lately but Gilmore has the advantage of great psych so having him bounce around builds my guys. James/Allen building towards Supreme Challenge definitely sounds like a solid program though.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="marsupial311" data-cite="marsupial311" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41303" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>After writing it out I feel better about turning him face. Both him and Angry Gilmore seem to find themselves as bit players in story lines lately but Gilmore has the advantage of great psych so having him bounce around builds my guys. James/Allen building towards Supreme Challenge definitely sounds like a solid program though.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I turned Brandon James face to have him feud with my monsters. I just looked and his win/loss record in my SWF game is 18-69. But he remains over in the high 80's due to his high star quality.</p>

Brandon's never been a guy I found that interesting, but he's a useful enough member of the roster. Turn him face since he's spent about 20 years being a heel.

He is great brawling ability. If you find another 70+ brawling to match up with him he can do some 90+ matches pretty easily. The star quality alone carries him to good matches in entertainment companies

<p>Big Money Brandon? With no Rich Money, he becomes that rich snobby heel, but not using it in a cowardly way. He uses it to get opportunities that he doesn't necessarily deserve. He flaunts his wealth by wearing fancy clothes and designer shades, expensive jewelry etc. Basically just overly obnoxious. You can bring Emma Chase off the table to manage him, or stick with Krissy. Perhaps he pays for a stable to beat the hell out of people and only works matches when he has something to gain financially or status whether is a title or stipulation that he wants to take advantage of. </p><p> </p><p>

He's a very flexible character. I don't use him as face too much, so can't really help you there.</p>

<p>So I finally decided how to get James involved in my game (Feb 2017). Might lead to a face turn eventually.</p><p> </p><p>

Right now I've got a hot feud between James Hernandez (Face), Jefferson Stardust (Face, turned him at the beginning of my game over a year ago) and Primus Allen (Heel). Hernandez and Jefferson were finding themselves being stuck in tag teams and both had singles aspirations. They challenged each other to a match but Primus Allen crashed the party and laid them both out. Jefferson and Hernandez start looking for Allen but he avoids them for a little while.</p><p> </p><p>

A couple weeks before the next PPV, Allen attacks Jefferson and Hernandez and put Jefferson through a table. As medics go to take Jefferson away, the camera zooms out to see a pleased Brandon James with a stack of cash. James laughes as he slaps the cash against Allen's chest and says "not a bad investment at all". </p><p> </p><p>

Hernandez gets a match against Primus at the PPV. Primus dominates most of the match but Hernandez get a short flurry in and rolls Primus up for the upset victory. James hits the ring and the two on one beatdown of Hernandez leads to Jefferson returning with the steel chair equalizer and clearing the ring.</p><p> </p><p>

Now we're building up to the next PPV and a tag match. Not sure where I'm going to take this feud because I want to continue it for two more events since I'll have a few guys leaving other feuds at that time but right now, James is relevant again!</p>

<p>A lot of people see Richard Eisen as Vince McMahon. While on certain things is a right assumption, for example like becoming the most powerful man in all wrestling world while directing a sports entertainment company, in other he is completely the opposite.</p><p> </p><p>

Probably the strongest difference and yet forgotten by many, VKM has never made a problem of re-signing his superstars over and over, even after some rocky relationships. Richard Eisen instead never rehired an active wrestler that worked for him. The only two workers ever brought back, working as road agent, are Marcus McKing and Black Hat Bailey.</p>

A lot of people see Richard Eisen as Vince McMahon. While on certain things is a right assumption, for example like becoming the most powerful man in all wrestling world while directing a sports entertainment company, in other he is completely the opposite.

Probably the strongest difference and yet forgotten by many, VKM has never made a problem of re-signing his superstars over and over, even after some rocky relationships. Richard Eisen instead never rehired an active wrestler that worked for him. The only two workers ever brought back, working as road agent, are Marcus McKing and Black Hat Bailey.

Very much agree.

Eisen has also never gone outside of the wrestling business, which Vince has done repeatedly. Or tried to. Eisen isn't much of an onscreen character - Vince quite obviously is. Eisen has always kept the SWF roster fairly small, while the WWF/E has almost always had a bloated roster.

Its really easy to look at Eisen as pretty much just Vince, but if you really look at the canon history of the SWF, they are really quite different.

Very much agree.

Eisen has also never gone outside of the wrestling business, which Vince has done repeatedly. Or tried to. Eisen isn't much of an onscreen character - Vince quite obviously is. Eisen has always kept the SWF roster fairly small, while the WWF/E has almost always had a bloated roster.

Its really easy to look at Eisen as pretty much just Vince, but if you really look at the canon history of the SWF, they are really quite different.

I don't think Eisen has quite so many skeletons in his closet or major law suits to his name either does he

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="The Dynamite Sid" data-cite="The Dynamite Sid" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41303" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I don't think Eisen has quite so many skeletons in his closet or major law suits to his name either does he</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Besides the Operation Lullaby thing I think Rick is actually quite clean.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Bigpapa42" data-cite="Bigpapa42" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41303" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Very much agree. <p> </p><p> Eisen has also never gone outside of the wrestling business, which Vince has done repeatedly. Or tried to. Eisen isn't much of an onscreen character - Vince quite obviously is. Eisen has always kept the SWF roster fairly small, while the WWF/E has almost always had a bloated roster. </p><p> </p><p> Its really easy to look at Eisen as pretty much just Vince, but if you really look at the canon history of the SWF, they are really quite different.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I never have done SWF diary, even a diary in general, but more or less this would be my Richard Eisen. </p><p> </p><p> Between the two brothers, I have a preference for Eric over Jerry. The younger seems for me the one closer to his father way of working behind the scenes with a bit of running things on screen like Triple H. Eric favors Smart Mark Entertainment; Jerry instead Pure Entertainment, like Sam Strong.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="marsupial311" data-cite="marsupial311" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41303" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>So Des Davids' bio definitely mentions his athletic background but it says that he is not suited to that gimmick? Can that be fixed? It's rated Legendary but doesn't fit which is driving me insane.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Legitimate Athlete gimmick by default requires excellent athleticism. If Des goes under 90 he'll no longer be suited to that gimmick. I would render to guess that the feature that shuffles skills by a few points at the start of each game probably changed Des from a 91 athleticism to something in the high 80s. Or maybe his injury dropped his athleticism a few points.</p><p> </p><p> It's not a huge problem if he's already playing the gimmick to a legendary level.</p><p> </p><p> You can just go into the editor and bump his athleticism skill above 90 if you really just don't want that note anymore.</p><p> </p><p> Or if you want to be realistic hire a dirty doctor and try to get him on the juice so he can hopefully become more athletic...</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="d12345" data-cite="d12345" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41303" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Legitimate Athlete gimmick by default requires excellent athleticism. If Des goes under 90 he'll no longer be suited to that gimmick. I would render to guess that the feature that shuffles skills by a few points at the start of each game probably changed Des from a 91 athleticism to something in the high 80s. Or maybe his injury dropped his athleticism a few points.<p> </p><p> It's not a huge problem if he's already playing the gimmick to a legendary level.</p><p> </p><p> You can just go into the editor and bump his athleticism skill above 90 if you really just don't want that note anymore.</p><p> </p><p> Or if you want to be realistic hire a dirty doctor and try to get him on the juice so he can hopefully become more athletic...</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> His athleticism is at 91 and hasn't moved since the beginning. His "Legitimate" performance rating is a 39 though so maybe that's doing it? Athletic Ability is the only thing that's required for the ability so is there another stat contributing?</p><p> </p><p> I think that's the most frustrating thing is that by the looks of everything, he shouldn't have that note.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="marsupial311" data-cite="marsupial311" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41303" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>His athleticism is at 91 and hasn't moved since the beginning. His "Legitimate" performance rating is a 39 though so maybe that's doing it? Athletic Ability is the only thing that's required for the ability so is there another stat contributing?<p> </p><p> I think that's the most frustrating thing is that by the looks of everything, he shouldn't have that note.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Yes, he lacks enough legitimate performance to make his gimmick believable at its full potential. It's a lesser penalty compared to not filling the requirements, and your Des Davids "Legendary Legitimate Athlete" gimmick will offset the low rating.</p>

<p>I can't seem to get Des Davids out of my tag team division. He always ends up there. He was with American Machine and then went solo briefly when I let Machine go, then he floundered in a couple tags before he went on a run with Marshall Dillon (which is where he is now).</p><p> </p><p>

I'd love to give him a solo push with one of my midcard titles but he's like second or third in my mind at any given time.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Rebby" data-cite="Rebby" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41303" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I can't seem to get Des Davids out of my tag team division. He always ends up there. He was with American Machine and then went solo briefly when I let Machine go, then he floundered in a couple tags before he went on a run with Marshall Dillon (which is where he is now).<p> </p><p> I'd love to give him a solo push with one of my midcard titles but he's like second or third in my mind at any given time.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> In my game, he is firmly stuck in the "upper midcard gatekeeper" position. I had him set up for a big return that would lead to him and Mikey Lau getting over but then Lau signed with USPW and I found Davids underwhelming. I turned him heel once his gimmick rating started to fall and had him take out Wade Orson so that Orson can recover from a minor injury off screen and they'll end their feud at Supreme Challenge.</p><p> </p><p> Seems like I've got a lot of people in his position. Heels with not much to do so they get in short feuds with faces that need a debut feud. Then they start beating enhancement talents in the meantime.</p>