A thought off the top of my head for Des is you could put him in a stable with a capable talker cutting promos for him(he's not bad at it per say but a better talker helps). Maybe a reborn Chase Agency(A rename wouldn't be a bad idea though) with Remo(who again, not the worst talker but give him a manager and I think he really grows into the next level as your alpha heel) as the main client(to give it teeth and credibility right off the bat) and then you can put Des as the second and then you can always find the right pair of young, hungry guys in a team to put with them and see what he does in a role like that. A heel Des that's corrupted by the money feels like a natural foil for Joey Morgan or a Valiant or Gillmore even. You also have potential feuds with people like Rogue or even Brandon James himself if you don't mind either of them working the face spot. Idea is if he does well enough as the second in command you give him more to do later and see how he takes off in that sort of spot. But character wise in this incarnation I'd make him a spoiled athlete living the high life, flaunting it a little, and then just doing whatever it takes from a mental standpoint to keep this new found lifestyle to give him some depth and add an element of desperation at times from a character standpoint.

It's a thought though.

• Replies 454
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="SIser187" data-cite="SIser187" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41303" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>A thought off the top of my head for Des is you could put him in a stable with a capable talker cutting promos for him(he's not bad at it per say but a better talker helps). Maybe a reborn Chase Agency(A rename wouldn't be a bad idea though) with Remo(who again, not the worst talker but give him a manager and I think he really grows into the next level as your alpha heel) as the main client(to give it teeth and credibility right off the bat) and then you can put Des as the second and then you can always find the right pair of young, hungry guys in a team to put with them and see what he does in a role like that. A heel Des that's corrupted by the money feels like a natural foil for Joey Morgan or a Valiant or Gillmore even. You also have potential feuds with people like Rogue or even Brandon James himself if you don't mind either of them working the face spot. Idea is if he does well enough as the second in command you give him more to do later and see how he takes off in that sort of spot. But character wise in this incarnation I'd make him a spoiled athlete living the high life, flaunting it a little, and then just doing whatever it takes from a mental standpoint to keep this new found lifestyle to give him some depth and add an element of desperation at times from a character standpoint.<p> </p><p> It's a thought though.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I'm basically doing that James idea with Allen with a little twist. Allen is being "controlled" by James who is paying him to demolish people (not that Allen needs the motivation). Now James is starting to have a problem keeping him under control and struggles to stop Allen from beating down opponents. My next PPV is Master of Puppets and I have a "manager's pick" tournament where eight managers pick their client and the winner of the tournament makes the main event of Supreme Challenge. Allen is going to turn on James when he doesn't give up his spot for the title turning James face and setting up a match for them at SC.</p><p> </p><p> Since most of my stories are ending at SC, Davids will probably pair off with Rogue or Gilmore (both faces at this point) but I'm not super thrilled about him. Just ending up liking other guys to push I think. He's the only one of my gatekeepers that isn't in that spot because of time decline though.</p>

I had the same problem with Des. Part of the problem is he also had excellent chemistry with three different people tagging. The first was Steven Parker so I had them team for a good 6 months until Parker turned on him and elevated to Main Event. Then randomly I had him team with Ross Henry which again was excellent chemistry. Eventually Ross just kept gaining popularity and had to leave him behind. Now a couple months ago in a throw a way dark match I teamed Des with El Mitico Jr and they had excellent chemistry. So I am running with them as my Mid Card babyface team for the time being.

<p>Des is still out with his starting injury on my SWF file but I have a couple of ideas up my sleeve for him. I know that I'm definitely gonna attempt to seriously pull the trigger on his push and already have a feud in place for him.</p><p> </p><p>

American Machine has been feuding with The Platinum Blondes in his absence, struggling to beat the numbers game and again struggling when recruiting other tag team partners. When Des returns he will steamroll the Blondes basically single handed. I intend to have him give a good showing in the battle royale at Welcome To The Jungle and use that same match to set up a feud for him with a bona fide main eventer (probably Brandon) and I've even hired a guy and slapped an evil foreigner gimmick on him with the express intention of building him only for Des to smash him. </p><p> </p><p>

I don't even have any great love for Des but I decided to see if I could really get behind him and launch him as a proper top level star on this save file just because A) I've never really done much with him before and B) I want to dispel the myth that it's only fun to book heels in the SWF</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="The Dynamite Sid" data-cite="The Dynamite Sid" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41303" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Des is still out with his starting injury on my SWF file but I have a couple of ideas up my sleeve for him. I know that I'm definitely gonna attempt to seriously pull the trigger on his push and already have a feud in place for him.<p> </p><p> American Machine has been feuding with The Platinum Blondes in his absence, struggling to beat the numbers game and again struggling when recruiting other tag team partners. When Des returns he will steamroll the Blondes basically single handed. I intend to have him give a good showing in the battle royale at Welcome To The Jungle and use that same match to set up a feud for him with a bona fide main eventer (probably Brandon) and I've even hired a guy and slapped an evil foreigner gimmick on him with the express intention of building him only for Des to smash him. </p><p> </p><p> I don't even have any great love for Des but I decided to see if I could really get behind him and launch him as a proper top level star on this save file just because A) I've never really done much with him before and B) I want to dispel the myth that it's only fun to book heels in the SWF</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Nice. Ya I feel like all my "up and coming" stars are all heels. The only big time faces that are home grown are Valiant and Jimmy Hernandez. My other high level faces are all stolen from else where like Rocky Golden, Wolf Hawkins and Nicky Champion.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="sabataged" data-cite="sabataged" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41303" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Nice. Ya I feel like all my "up and coming" stars are all heels. The only big time faces that are home grown are Valiant and Jimmy Hernandez. My other high level faces are all stolen from else where like Rocky Golden, Wolf Hawkins and Nicky Champion.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I do like Valiant and Hernandez though and enjoy booking them. Valiant has been in an overarching story since the beginning about him finally winning his first SWF title and I've really enjoyed booking it. He has lost number 1 contender's matches. Made it far in tournaments and battle royals to fall short and has never gotten a title match for the entire save. He's been turned on by his protege Spade, attacked by Vengeance and sent into a long losing streak.. basically everything to derail him over almost a year and a half. Now the booking has made it look like Jimmy Hernandez is about to leapfrog him for the title leading up to Supreme Challenge. He's finally going to breakthrough and win the title off Joey Morgan (who has been booked strong and has had insane matches to finally bring the title prestige to 100) and get his "Supreme Moment".</p><p> </p><p> Heels are usually more fun because they are generally driving the conflict. When you're booking, you probably notice the heel more because you're like "oh the heel does this to the face to move the story along". The face is usually reactionary in the story telling of a feud and good faces generally are just overcoming odds. I can see why it's harder to get excited for faces but I don't know if that's something exclusive to SWF.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="marsupial311" data-cite="marsupial311" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41303" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I do like Valiant and Hernandez though and enjoy booking them. Valiant has been in an overarching story since the beginning about him finally winning his first SWF title and I've really enjoyed booking it. He has lost number 1 contender's matches. Made it far in tournaments and battle royals to fall short and has never gotten a title match for the entire save. He's been turned on by his protege Spade, attacked by Vengeance and sent into a long losing streak.. basically everything to derail him over almost a year and a half. Now the booking has made it look like Jimmy Hernandez is about to leapfrog him for the title leading up to Supreme Challenge. He's finally going to breakthrough and win the title off Joey Morgan (who has been booked strong and has had insane matches to finally bring the title prestige to 100) and get his "Supreme Moment".<p> </p><p> Heels are usually more fun because they are generally driving the conflict. When you're booking, you probably notice the heel more because you're like "oh the heel does this to the face to move the story along". The face is usually reactionary in the story telling of a feud and good faces generally are just overcoming odds. I can see why it's harder to get excited for faces but I don't know if that's something exclusive to SWF.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Yep I agree. I have more or less booked Valiant as my figurehead. I was going to place him in that role until I did a brand split and went on a signing spree. Within a 3 month time I had tons of big names hit the free agent market so it was too much to pass up. I did a tri-brand split for about a year game time after calling up a ton of guys. Eventually that was burning me out so I dropped one brand, releasing a few aging guys, and then sticking with the dual brand split.</p><p> </p><p> Good news is that most of the guys I released all went to TCW and they are finally turning the corner. They were in pretty bad shape for the past 6 months or so after losing literally everyone to either SWF, USPW, or SOTBPW.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="madjock" data-cite="madjock" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41303" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>have Remo and Marat had any altercations or matches against each other?</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I have not. They have always been on separate brands. Now with Primus and Hellion more over than Marat I am working on phasing him out. I recently resigned Rich Money so Remo has been doing a lot of tags recently. He spent the first 18 months game time as my #1 heel</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="madjock" data-cite="madjock" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41303" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>have Remo and Marat had any altercations or matches against each other?</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> If you're asking about in canon I would assume that they have never had a match since I think by the time Remo was in the main event, Khoklov was gone. If not, they were both heels anyway.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="marsupial311" data-cite="marsupial311" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41303" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>My next PPV is Master of Puppets and I have a "manager's pick" tournament where eight managers pick their client and the winner of the tournament makes the main event of Supreme Challenge. Allen is going to turn on James when he doesn't give up his spot for the title turning James face and setting up a match for them at SC.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> This is a great idea. If you're still looking for ideas, I had Black Hat Bailey start managing in addition to his road agent duties, and he ended up having amazing chemistry with Marshall Dillon. </p><p> </p><p> I've kept Des around the upper midcard area, but he might be my most improved worker overall. He can very much hold his own on the mic, and his psych, basics, etc. are getting into the upper 80s. I could push him to the moon right now, but I never run out of ways for him to just miss out on the NA title. The plan is to eventually pair him up with Ross Henry when I call him up, turn him heel, and have him finally win the NA title. </p><p> </p><p> IMO Remo and Khoklov are career heels, so I could easily imagine them never having faced off outside of battle royals and what not.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="marsupial311" data-cite="marsupial311" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41303" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I do like Valiant and Hernandez though and enjoy booking them. Valiant has been in an overarching story since the beginning about him finally winning his first SWF title and I've really enjoyed booking it. He has lost number 1 contender's matches. Made it far in tournaments and battle royals to fall short and has never gotten a title match for the entire save. He's been turned on by his protege Spade, attacked by Vengeance and sent into a long losing streak.. basically everything to derail him over almost a year and a half. Now the booking has made it look like Jimmy Hernandez is about to leapfrog him for the title leading up to Supreme Challenge. He's finally going to breakthrough and win the title off Joey Morgan (who has been booked strong and has had insane matches to finally bring the title prestige to 100) and get his "Supreme Moment".</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Huh. I'm aiming to do basically the same thing with Valiant. I want him to hopefully supplant Jack Bruce as the face of the company but I want to wait at least a year, maybe two, before I finally have him win the big one and claim the SWF Championship</p><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41303" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Heels are usually more fun because they are generally driving the conflict. When you're booking, you probably notice the heel more because you're like "oh the heel does this to the face to move the story along". The face is usually reactionary in the story telling of a feud and good faces generally are just overcoming odds. I can see why it's harder to get excited for faces but I don't know if that's something exclusive to SWF.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Yeah that makes a lot of sense, actually</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="tywood2022" data-cite="tywood2022" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41303" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>This is a great idea. If you're still looking for ideas, I had Black Hat Bailey start managing in addition to his road agent duties, and he ended up having amazing chemistry with Marshall Dillon. <p> </p><p> I've kept Des around the upper midcard area, but he might be my most improved worker overall. He can very much hold his own on the mic, and his psych, basics, etc. are getting into the upper 80s. I could push him to the moon right now, but I never run out of ways for him to just miss out on the NA title. The plan is to eventually pair him up with Ross Henry when I call him up, turn him heel, and have him finally win the NA title. </p><p> </p><p> IMO Remo and Khoklov are career heels, so I could easily imagine them never having faced off outside of battle royals and what not.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Davids has a short term feud but at Supreme Challenge, he's putting Wade Orson over (because I like Orson a lot even though he's nothing insane in terms of actual ability) </p><p> </p><p> I picked up Floyd Goldworthy right before The World is Watching and now I've got him in a storyline leading up to the tournament. Goldworthy tried to recruit Bruce but Bruce doesn't like his heel tactics and whatnot. Bruce has matches but can't seem to get anyone to sponsor him in the tournament but Goldworthy continues to recruit. Bruce is getting ready for a match and Goldworthy comes in and pats him on the back right before commercial. </p><p> </p><p> Bruce and Davids have a match on Supreme TV. Bruce is about to finish Davids when Goldworthy comes down to the ring and starts clapping for Bruce and cheering him on. Bruce is distracted and tries to get Goldworthy to go away. Once Goldworthy gets on the apron, he hits Bruce and then Davids spears him. Davids and Goldworthy stomp on Bruce and Davids hand is raised (Davids is already heel so no turn).</p><p> </p><p> Goldworthy announces Davids as his pick and Bruce demands a rematch with Davids where Goldworthy will have his second client Marat Khoklov come and attack Bruce to set up Khoklov/Bruce at Master of Puppets.</p><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="The Dynamite Sid" data-cite="The Dynamite Sid" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41303" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Huh. I'm aiming to do basically the same thing with Valiant. I want him to hopefully supplant Jack Bruce as the face of the company but I want to wait at least a year, maybe two, before I finally have him win the big one and claim the SWF Championship<p> </p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Valiant's match ratings have been lower than I expected and he's not showing up as a good figurehead so I'm passing the torch from Bruce to Hernandez eventually but I think Valiant will pick up a couple title runs over the next few years while Hernandez gets established in the role. Morgan will likely carry the match at Supreme Challenge so we'll see if the title can boost Valiant enough to get consistent 90's matches instead of the 80-85's he's been putting up.</p>

• 2 weeks later...
So what do you guys do with Matty Faith? He obviously seems like a guy that should be successful in SWF but he has... other issues. Name value is enough and him vs. Jack Bruce just seems like something has to happen at some point.

The steroids are a very good thing early. They can help to raise his star quality I believe. He's awesome in the sense of the stories you can do with him being the son of the iron man. Otherwise, he's awful.

• 4 months later...
<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Kingster" data-cite="Kingster" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41303" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Looking to start a serious SWF game for the first time. And while reading stuff about their workers and the promotion, a question came up: Has it ever been mentioned how the Chase Agency broke up in SWF kayfabe?</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Well not every stable in wrestling has had some huge breakup angle. Sometimes stables just drift apart, slowly or suddenly. I'm assuming that Emma Chase just started commentating and the stable was sort of forgotten about.</p>

<p>There isn't anything canon mentioned in any bios, so its open to interpretation. If it was a planned thing, it would have been easy to wrap a storyline around it. Emma and her stable are feuding with someone long term. A stipulation match gets made, with something on the line for the babyface. So Emma has to put something on the line as well - her right to be a manager (I love the idea of manager's licenses) or leadership of the stable or something. </p><p> </p><p>

But like BC says, it certainly doesn't have to be a big thing. A major event. They could simply have moved her from the ringside to the booth with no fanfare.</p>

<p>Given the SWF World Heavyweight Championship, the past storylines in TEW 2013 and the departures in November 2014 of Steve Frehley, Rich Money and Cheerleader Dawn, The Chase Agency could have plausibly ended its run at Christmas Chaos 2014. </p><p> </p><p>

Potential main event (as stipulation, if The Chase Agency loses the stable is disbanded and Emma Chase loses her managerial license):</p><p> </p><p>

Jack Bruce, Valiant, Christian Faith and Angry Gilmore vs The Chase Agency (Brandon James, Rogue [sWF World Heavyweight Champion], Paul Huntingdon) plus Marat Khoklov.</p><p> </p><p>

In January 2015 Chase moved to the commentary booth alongside Duane Fry and Peter Michaels while Krissy Angelle arrives in SWF to manage Brandon James.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Kingster" data-cite="Kingster" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41303" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Looking to start a serious SWF game for the first time. And while reading stuff about their workers and the promotion, a question came up: Has it ever been mentioned how the Chase Agency broke up in SWF kayfabe?</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Well The Chase Agency had two "alphas" so to speak, with Brandon James and Rogue both being around that Main Event level (and both men at some point being SWF Champions), so it's not a stretch to imagine that they broke up because of in-fighting between them. What Huntingdon had to do with it all is beyond me.</p>

<p>Thanks for the comments. Yeah, I guess a breakup story didn't necessarily have to happen. I was just thinking about possible ways the stable could have been written off.</p><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Kitarzu" data-cite="Kitarzu" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41303" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Given the SWF World Heavyweight Championship, the past storylines in TEW 2013 and the departures in November 2014 of Steve Frehley, Rich Money and Cheerleader Dawn, The Chase Agency could have plausibly ended its run at Christmas Chaos 2014. <p> </p><p> Potential main event (as stipulation, if The Chase Agency loses the stable is disbanded and Emma Chase loses her managerial license):</p><p> </p><p> Jack Bruce, Valiant, Christian Faith and Angry Gilmore vs The Chase Agency (Brandon James, Rogue [sWF World Heavyweight Champion], Paul Huntingdon) plus Marat Khoklov.</p><p> </p><p> In January 2015 Chase moved to the commentary booth alongside Duane Fry and Peter Michaels while Krissy Angelle arrives in SWF to manage Brandon James.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I like this a lot as it actually makes a whole lot of sense.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Kingster" data-cite="Kingster" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41303" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I like this a lot as it actually makes a whole lot of sense.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Thanks. I wonder if someone in the past ever thought of Chase as the C-Verse on screen equivalent of Paul Heyman. Phil Vibert comes first to mind but given the evolution of Emma in TEW 2016, now the parallel could fit even more.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Kitarzu" data-cite="Kitarzu" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41303" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Thanks. I wonder if someone in the past ever thought of Chase as the C-Verse on screen equivalent of Paul Heyman. Phil Vibert comes first to mind but given the evolution of Emma in TEW 2016, now the parallel could fit even more.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Emma's very much open to interpretation so you could really paint her from the cold-hearted business-type manager to a valet who flashes people to distract them - so I guess it depends on your image of her. Vibert has that suited-up look and owned a Cult-level hardcore federation that went broke after years of challenging the big two, so he kinda sticks out as the best comparison to Heyman imo.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Kitarzu" data-cite="Kitarzu" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41303" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Thanks. I wonder if someone in the past ever thought of Chase as the C-Verse on screen equivalent of Paul Heyman. Phil Vibert comes first to mind but given the evolution of Emma in TEW 2016, now the parallel could fit even more.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> As Codeydbw said I think Vibert is the Cverse interpretation of Heyman. I can't wrap my head around any sort of interpreation from the real world from Emma. The closest thing I can come to is early days Sunny (Tammy Sytch). She ran a business suit bitchy gimmick like Emma in SMW. I know she never really did that in WWF since she was used as more of a diva body girl. In her hey day she was known as a great promo. I think this may be some of the inspiration for Emma.</p>