Underrated C-Verse wrestlers

I love me some El Mitico Jr., for sure. As far as younger guys who aren't particularly over to start with, you can't go wrong with any of Ernest Youngman, Kirk Jameson, and Greg Gauge. Aldous Blackfriar is good, solid midcard fun as well once he matures; if you've got a good developmental system, he's a perfect guy to sign, stash for a year, and bring up when he's ready for prime-time.

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="HRTVAndrew" data-cite="HRTVAndrew" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="43724" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I love me some El Mitico Jr., for sure. As far as younger guys who aren't particularly over to start with, you can't go wrong with any of Ernest Youngman, Kirk Jameson, and Greg Gauge. Aldous Blackfriar is good, solid midcard fun as well once he matures; if you've got a good developmental system, he's a perfect guy to sign, stash for a year, and bring up when he's ready for prime-time.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I'm a fan of every one of these guys, especially El Mitico Jr. Give him time and he is a main event player putting on great match after great match.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="HRTVAndrew" data-cite="HRTVAndrew" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="43724" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I love me some El Mitico Jr., for sure. As far as younger guys who aren't particularly over to start with, you can't go wrong with any of Ernest Youngman, Kirk Jameson, and Greg Gauge. Aldous Blackfriar is good, solid midcard fun as well once he matures; if you've got a good developmental system, he's a perfect guy to sign, stash for a year, and bring up when he's ready for prime-time.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Ernest Youngman is a great prospect but I hate his name with a passion! Definitely a first signing for me in every game to turn into a future Main Event heel after some time as the lead in a Midcard stable</p>

<p>Two of my favorite saves were due to young talent having excellent chemistry. In my SWF save I had Ernest Youngman and Logan Wolfsbaine have excellent chemistry their first show as enhancement tag team. I booked them every single show. It took almost a year but eventually they had a high enough pop that I could use them as my top face team. They both turned into fantastic workers with 90's psychology too.</p><p> </p><p>

My current save I started as a Small company and am now at Regional. I had El Mitico Jr and American Elemental II have excellent chemistry as an enhancement face tag team as well. I am now pushing them the same way I did with Ernest and Logan. </p><p> </p><p>

One guy I seem to snap up a lot but doesn't seem to get much love from others is Bradford Peverell. He is older but he has really good brawling to start and good enough basics/psychology.</p>

<p>I'll throw in someone who I always find a use for, both in the midcard and in the main event(like in my current TCW). </p><p> </p><p>

John Greed.</p><p> </p><p>

I love Greed. Bit on the older side when you start(around 37 I believe) but he has pretty good entertainment skills. He's fairly decent in the ring, not great, but not bad at all. Plus, he has high SQ, which is great. I've found him to have a nice "utility man" quality to him as I can plug him into any situation and he'll generally produce. Need him in a tag team? That would work. Need him to be paired with a monster and/or a stable with him as the mouthpiece? That would work too. He's one of my favorite guys in the C-Verse due to his versatility.</p>

<p>Good to see some guys throwing up some of the Australian C-Verse talent around. Completely agree with names being thrown around like Swoop McCarthy, and I love Lothar Prellinger's overall look. Whenever i play I just have him in my game just because of the storylines I build around him. As well as Boo Smithson, the man is incredibly talented just not marketable. </p><p> </p><p>

- Nicky Gilbert - RAW - Great Star Quality, Alright Mic/Ring work</p><p>

- Skyscraper - RAW - Great Menace and Star Quality, in the right promotion can become</p><p>

- Kian Owens - RAW - Star Quality through the roof, being so young if you get him paired up with a decent worker to help develop him he becomes an absolute star.</p><p> </p><p>

There are then so many more guys in the Australian scene that I love working with.</p>

<p>California Love Machine - This guy has been Main eventing for my CZCW for 3.5 out of the 4.5 years I've been going with it.</p><p> </p><p>

Currently my No 2 face of my cult CZCW and current Champion. </p><p> </p><p>

Put on great performances and developed very well with his performances growing with CZCW raise in pop.</p><p> </p><p>

He got muscular and agreed to go up a weight class and his SQN is now pretty good. Good enough for a Main eventer that's not going to be your no1 guy.</p><p> </p><p>

At one point he was the Jerry Lawyer of California with 90 pop in the region.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Lo-Drew" data-cite="Lo-Drew" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="43724" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I'll throw in someone who I always find a use for, both in the midcard and in the main event(like in my current TCW). <p> </p><p> John Greed.</p><p> </p><p> I love Greed. Bit on the older side when you start(around 37 I believe) but he has pretty good entertainment skills. He's fairly decent in the ring, not great, but not bad at all. Plus, he has high SQ, which is great. I've found him to have a nice "utility man" quality to him as I can plug him into any situation and he'll generally produce. Need him in a tag team? That would work. Need him to be paired with a monster and/or a stable with him as the mouthpiece? That would work too. He's one of my favorite guys in the C-Verse due to his versatility.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Yes. </p><p> </p><p> I had nothing for him until I did a roll call for the Occult gimmick and I gave it to him. He had the rating up to Legendary within a month or so and he basically got himself over. I just changed his name to Greed to turn him into a Bray Wyatt-esque stable leader. I didn't do him any favors at first but he started to shoot up the card on his own promos and I just started to go to work for him in the storylines. I don't think I never got far enough in that game to give him the big title, but he was on his way to at least a quick run with it. </p><p> </p><p> The biggest downside with him is age, but his promo work is still worth keeping him around if you give him a chance to raise his stats.</p>

I almost always sign Aldous Blackfriar. There's just something I love about his gimmick, and he can put on decent matches as well. Miller Fforde is another I usually sign. The Heartbreak Express is a solid team, and their young, so if I play as a bigger company, I usually sign them to a developmental deal.

• 2 weeks later...
<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="claxton110381" data-cite="claxton110381" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="43724" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I almost always sign Aldous Blackfriar. There's just something I love about his gimmick, and he can put on decent matches as well. Miller Fforde is another I usually sign. The Heartbreak Express is a solid team, and their young, so if I play as a bigger company, I usually sign them to a developmental deal.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Yeah son Blackfriar is my dude. Also: El Mitico is NOT underrated, guys.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Poputt" data-cite="Poputt" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="43724" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Yeah son Blackfriar is my dude. Also: El Mitico is NOT underrated, guys.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I'd agree El Mitico is definitely not under-rated. </p><p> </p><p> You know who gets a lot of hate despite actually bringing a lot to pop>perf feds. Big Smack Scott. I know his attitude is garbage, but his SQ is very good and ent skills are more than good enough to put on great angles. Plus, he's a great improviser too which boost his promo's too. I know his in ring work isn't amazing, but it isn't bad. So as a worker he is under rated.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="petecrimson00" data-cite="petecrimson00" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="43724" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Bulldozer Brandon Smith.<p> </p><p> Guy is Vader and could be one of the best gaijins in Japan history or should be main eventing TCW by now. Like I would love to see an alliance between PGHW and TCW based on him and Bryan Vessey, etc.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I dont know if I consider him overrated. I know most people pick him up in their company. A quality big guy who can work heel or face.</p>

<p>Love this thread, and since I haven't seen any love dropped for some of the ladies yet, I'll go ahead and throw out Teresa Perez and Laura Flame. Flame always puts on quality matches for me(she may even not count as underrated lol), and Teresa Perez is great as my technical masterclass-churning women's division stalwart. </p><p> </p><p>

I'll also second Aldous Blackfriar. He's at the head of a cult of giants in my game, and about to win the equivalent of the cruiserweight belt. He's a joy, on the mic and in the ring.</p>

• 1 month later...
<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="43724" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div><p> </p><p> Bulldozer Brandon Smith.</p><p> </p><p> Guy is Vader and could be one of the best gaijins in Japan history or should be main eventing TCW by now. Like I would love to see an alliance between PGHW and TCW based on him and Bryan Vessey, etc.</p><p> </p><p> </p><p> </p><p> </p><p> Bulldozer Brandon Smith - Basically the C-Verse's version of Stan Hansen, so if you're playing as a Puro fed and you haven't signed him yet then what are you doing</p><p> </p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I brought him into PGHW and was not impressed.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Azul" data-cite="Azul" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="43724" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I brought him into PGHW and was not impressed.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I had him in a PGHW game and he was great. Had great chemistry tagging with Raymond Diaz and the two pushed each other to be my most over performers. Had great series against KitoGuchi and Kawashima & Koiso. Bulldozer had a great singles run as International champion too. Damn thing about destiny rolls, eh?</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="RingRider" data-cite="RingRider" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="43724" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Damn thing about destiny rolls, eh?</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Yeah I guess so. I've only played one long term game in the Cornellverse, so I don't have any sample size. Thanks for the tip though, I'll make sure to sign him again.</p><p> </p><p> This is a really fun thread, one of the reasons why I bumped it.</p>