TEW2020 Discussion Thread

<p>Haven't had a lot of time to post much on here lately, but was so excited to see this announced over the weekend. Today's dev diary entry noting that you can now play as and book child companies must be a welcome addition. I don't think it's going out on a limb to say it was the most requested feature since Alliance Championships going back to TEW 13. </p><p> </p><p>

I am curious to see how setting the AI to book your development company will change things however. Will you be able to send the AI advance notice that you're calling up a worker forcing them to drop a championship or have farewell match. While I do imagine that many people will probably choose to book both their main company and their developmental brand, if you wanted to lighten your own load and task the AI with the job, what will that look like?</p><p> </p><p>

All and all, this will be exciting for sure. A full rebuild/redesign should really make for some interesting changes.</p>

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Gabriel" data-cite="Gabriel" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="46105" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>A good way to deal with the weight classes would be to allow mod-makers to customize them, and allow each promotion to either use the generic/default weight classes, or design their own. That way, companies that want to have those different divisions can do so... and the Cruiserweight/Junior Heavyweight limits can be specific to promotions, as there are many who use different limits than others.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I'd be 100% on board with that.</p>

<p>Just to add one more thought...I think the thing that I most excited about/hopeful for is that the next iteration has more options for different types of tv shows. I had made suggestions (as have many others) since the launch of TEW 16 that there be more ways to support different ways that wrestling has been presented through the ages and regions. </p><p> </p><p>

Whether its studio wrestling, house show highlight shows (like the old Prime Time or even All-American, etc) or tapings and Japanese tour highlights, wrestling has come in many ways outside of what WWE has done for the last 25 years. I'm really excited to see what Adam has up his sleeve to present different styles of wrestling tv shows.</p>

Just to add one more thought...I think the thing that I most excited about/hopeful for is that the next iteration has more options for different types of tv shows. I had made suggestions (as have many others) since the launch of TEW 16 that there be more ways to support different ways that wrestling has been presented through the ages and regions.

Whether its studio wrestling, house show highlight shows (like the old Prime Time or even All-American, etc) or tapings and Japanese tour highlights, wrestling has come in many ways outside of what WWE has done for the last 25 years. I'm really excited to see what Adam has up his sleeve to present different styles of wrestling tv shows.

Agreed. The ability to do big in-advance tapings like taping a months shows at once would also be welcome.

Absolutely hyped about this news and the first journal entry is just amazing! Can't wait to hear more about the game. I'm really glad that you can do it with both AI and Human promotions as well.

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="stratusfaction" data-cite="stratusfaction" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="46105" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div><p> </p><p> Fingers crossed that we get the option to play as a developmental company. That is literally my only wish! Either way, I'll be lined up to throw ALL my money at Adam!</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> It looks like my wish is coming true! Adam sir, you are seriously a miracle worker. I don't even need to read the rest of the journal entries. Just take my money please.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="absolutelyridiculous" data-cite="absolutelyridiculous" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="46105" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I hope the parent companies can force you to use/push their pet guys, within reason.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> If Owner goals are a thing you can bet it will happen. Only question is will it be used smart by whatever the companies worker preferences are. Like USPW uses big menacing heels so a guy like Killer Shark if he was in USPW would be a huge guy in dev they should want you to push.</p>