TEW2020 Discussion Thread

What if the game tied in to the calendar on the PC it's run on? Is that possible?

That's precisely how it works in EWR if I remember correctly, so yeah that might work. No idea how viable it is in TEW though, as the game is way more complex and I'm sure some things have changed in the last 16-17 years as far as programming.

Nope, we're just supposed to love everything 100% or hate everything 100%.

Exactly. After all, we're on the internet.

Regarding today's entry: As others have already mentioned, tournament tracking is a great addition and to me it is "major" enough that it would have deserved a spot in the earlier part of the journal.

One question I have is whether tournament matches will be recognizable in match histories. So, will it say "Wrestler X beat Wrestler Y in XYZ tournament match"?

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One question I have is whether tournament matches will be recognizable in match histories. So, will it say "Wrestler X beat Wrestler Y in XYZ tournament match"?

The way I did this in TEW 2016 was, I had numerous copies of Singles matches (just copy/paste in the database editor) and ticked the box "Has Name Value" and just created a bunch of matches like "King of the Ring Opening Round", "King of the Ring Semi-Final", etc. etc.

As well as just generic "Tournament Opening Round", etc. and "#1 Contender's Tournament" matches and whatever, whatever.

So, in the match history, it will say "Shawn Michaeals defeated Razor Ramon in a King of the Ring Semi-Final match".

The way I did this in TEW 2016 was, I had numerous copies of Singles matches (just copy/paste in the database editor) and ticked the box "Has Name Value" and just created a bunch of matches like "King of the Ring Opening Round", "King of the Ring Semi-Final", etc. etc.

As well as just generic "Tournament Opening Round", etc. and "#1 Contender's Tournament" matches and whatever, whatever.

So, in the match history, it will say "Shawn Michaeals defeated Razor Ramon in a King of the Ring Semi-Final match".

I know and that's how I'm doing it too. But it would be a nice "quality-of-life" improvement if the game did that automatically for you for tournaments.

With the new way in ring development is now working, will worker improvements be less random? For example a worker improves in aerial when the vet he’s working with isn’t highly rated in aerial. I would like to see a mega man type mechanic here where the younger guy actually learn stuff from the vet that the vet in question is good at. If I want to tailor a young guy to be more technical, I would put him in the ring with technical wrestlers. If course destiny rolls and caps should play a role of how much a certain guy can improve in the area though.

Much love for the tournament tracker finally happening. Been waiting on this one for a long while. Aside from some big announcements I still know are bound to happen, given that the live part of the journal has to bring some things that haven't been mentioned yet, the only thing i want to know now is release date so I can buy the game. :D I don't even care about demo release, I want the full thing. :D:D:D

Brilliant. Stolen.

So simple. I have no idea why I never thought to do this. Definitely doing this in the future! Thanks for the great idea!

Just for clarification: Is the tournament tracker going to be word-based only, or will there be some kind of visual tracker with a bracket display that shows the advancement of winners, etc.?

I'd LOVE to know this too! This makes me extremely excited to see some screenshots! Uggghhh, why are we only like halfway through 2019?!??!?

With the new way in ring development is now working, will worker improvements be less random? For example a worker improves in aerial when the vet he’s working with isn’t highly rated in aerial. I would like to see a mega man type mechanic here where the younger guy actually learn stuff from the vet that the vet in question is good at. If I want to tailor a young guy to be more technical, I would put him in the ring with technical wrestlers. If course destiny rolls and caps should play a role of how much a certain guy can improve in the area though.

Someone correct me if I wrong but I thought this was how it already worked? I've wasted a lot of time considering who to match up with who for targeted stat improvements if not!

Really pumped for the tournament feature. I've been wanting that for years. The Crockett Cup, various Atlanta "Cadillac tournaments", the UWF heavyweight title, all that stuff gonna be happening in my games.

How do you wanna play those Tournaments, if nobody makes awesome and enjoyable mods for TEW2020, because a lot of the great mod makers aren’t active here and nobody knows if they even mod for the new version. :)

The whole game stays and falls with the modding universe. The bigger amount of players play the real life mods, so the decision for me to buy TEW2020 depends on the activity of the dispossessed mod makers.

How do you wanna play those Tournaments, if nobody makes awesome and enjoyable mods for TEW2020, because a lot of the great mod makers aren’t active here and nobody knows if they even mod for the new version. :)

The whole game stays and falls with the modding universe. The bigger amount of players play the real life mods, so the decision for me to buy TEW2020 depends on the activity of the dispossessed mod makers.

There will be mods. There's no doubt about that.

There will be mods. There's no doubt about that.

Of course at the moment there are two or three real good mod makers active. But the best mods were built from the MOD Squad and who knows if they mod again after they getting treated.

No MOD Squad no reason for TEW2020 for me.

Of course at the moment there are two or three real good mod makers active. But the best mods were built from the MOD Squad and who knows if they mod again after they getting treated.

No MOD Squad no reason for TEW2020 for me.

They were treated fine. They were divas who thought they were more important than the game which they’re were not. There will be plenty of great mods for TEW2020

They were treated fine. They were divas who thought they were more important than the game which they’re were not. There will be plenty of great mods for TEW2020

Matter of Opinion. Deleting posts to manipulate a discussion is not fine or me. For me it’s a combination. TEW is worthless without a lot of great real life mods and the real life mods wouldn’t even be here if there wouldn’t be such a great game like TEW. Those two things go hand in hand. And I do not think everybody realized it yet. Without the mods of the MOD squad you won’t even have 5 different time lines of mods out there. Don’t get me wrong. This is my opinion, nobody has to accept it. But without awesome mods I won’t buy the game.