TEW2020 Discussion Thread

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looking forward to the live journal starting on Monday. I don't think I've ever been more excited for a game in my whole life!

God that sounds sad.

Nah, man. If you had said you've never been more excited for anything in your while life, then maybe you'd have a point though. Lol.

Really hoping we get some changes to the way ppa vs written contracts are worked out, especially when it comes to fed size. The way it is in TEW 2016, basically everybody on a ppa makes at least 5 times what they should per show, which ends up causing every low level promotion (and even medium touring promotions) in historical sims to instantly bankrupt themselves. It'd be great if the system was balanced to allow more creative control for the workers and less income demands to simulate running a merch table instead of promotion specific merchandise.

What I'm looking forward to, in a broad sense, is a game that is more user friendly with more depth than previous TEW. I really am just hoping the learning curve isn't too steep. Also, the more customization in the game, the better.

From reading the diary, it seems Adam is on the right track in all the above. I've got the itch to play again for the first time in 5 years. Fingers crossed.

April-July seems like such a long wait, but good things come to those who are patient. :)

I like the fact that the threads for product and attribute suggestions will be opened so early; this allows for people to think up and suggest all the products they want, so once the game comes out, the experience is already going to be as complete as possible.

The apparent scope of the game makes me very optimistic that this is going to be an awesome TEW experience. Looking forward to still hearing about new features through August!

April/July is a long time away. I personally am willing to wait though. I'm a firm believer in letting someone take their time to make something amazing, instead of rushing a half baked product out to please the people. As much as it will suck, waiting another year for the best TEW game ever will be worth it.

I imagine it's hard for Adam to predict when it will actually be completed with any degree of certainty... Who can say what will happen once testing begins? If it all runs smoothly, probably an earlier release. If testing and leveling goes a bit more awry then it'll take longer.

My guess is he played it safe and is giving himself maximum flexibility on the release schedule so no one tries to hold his feet to the fire to rush it out.

I imagine it's hard for Adam to predict when it will actually be completed with any degree of certainty... Who can say what will happen once testing begins? If it all runs smoothly, probably an earlier release. If testing and leveling goes a bit more awry then it'll take longer.

My guess is he played it safe and is giving himself maximum flexibility on the release schedule so no one tries to hold his feet to the fire to rush it out.

These were my thoughts as well. As he said in the post, there is no way to gauge how long testing will take. For me, there is no issue for waiting since I am very confident that this will be the best TEW in the series. As others have said, waiting for a much more polished game is better than releasing one that still needs tuning.

On another note,I'm very excited for the attributes suggestion thread to be opened up. There are many from WMMA5 that can be plopped into TEW and I'm sure there are some really unique ones that can be conjured up. As for the products, I am still shaky about how the new system will play out.

That feeling when you realize how far away the game's release still is.

giphy.gif

Yeah, how mean is Adam, huh? In his original journal post he said TEW2020 might come as soon as christmas 2019. Now he's talking about april-july 2020.

Seriously though, I rather have him taking his time for a complete product. I don't want an unfinished product, nor do I want people crunching themselves to death for a release as seems to be standard affair in videogame land.

The original aim was to release the game in the summer of 2020. However, things have been progressing so well that I suspect we may now be looking a little earlier than that, possibly even Christmas 2019. You'll be reading about the progress in the upcoming developer's journal, and so the release date will be clearer as we move through the next year.

It was never a promise. And he clearly stated that the release date would be clearer towards the end of this year.

It'll come when it comes. I have zero problem with it being delayed. The next one after that, if ever there would be one, would be years apart from the 2020 release so I want this iteration to be the best TEW game there ever was.

“A delayed game is eventually good, a bad game is bad forever.”

― Shigeru Miyamoto

Some things I did not see referred to them or I missed them:

1) in Tournaments like G1 did not penalised a score for a match with both wrestlers FACE OR HEEL

2) A bonus in popularity (or special situation) for a wrestler who makes his debut or returns after a long period (injuries etc.)

3) Do not penalised the ratings of the match if the two wrestlers are not in rivalry but can provide a good fight

4) booking the rivalry you want for your long-term development territory without making a booking for any weekly show

5) More options to see who are the top wrestlers in the game and what are the best matches, not just at the end of the year.

Maybe make a monthly summary?

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="TeemuFoundation" data-cite="TeemuFoundation" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="46105" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Adam has answered to you already, in this very thread:</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I'm aware of his reply, but my question is basically the same as the poster that asked after me. Maybe loading times would be bigger for Asia divided into 2 or 3 regions, I dunno. Like I said, I get WHY India is there, especially in the current context of markets and all of that, just too bad it doesn't happen to bring more of Asia with it.3</p><p> </p><p> Edit: On today's entry, very good stuff. I like that there is still things to add and that it is taking its time, which means a more polished, well thought game. Seems fine by me, even if we wait a bit longer.</p>