TEW2020 Discussion Thread

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="gazwefc83" data-cite="gazwefc83" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="46105" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Im looking forward to finding out this games colour scheme. I need to know if it clashes with the pic pack iv been working on (fingers crossed).</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Oof, that would suck! Crossing my fingers for you man</p>

Hyped?! It scares the bejesus out of me each and every time I booth the thing up. TEW16 has shortened my life by months, at the very least. It's bad for your health is what it is. Now shut up and take all my money.

Same! Every damn time I jump out of my seat. It's always louder than expected lol

<p>I have a question about multiple gimmicks. I have recently gotten hooked in the local scene with both WWC and IWA becoming good again. As always I will try to create a Puerto Rican database for mod makers, but it has come to my attention WWC has some guys compete twice under different gimmicks on the same night. For what I have heard, their masked tag team champions La Revolucion are two guys who compete without masks with their proper singles gimmicks and then team up under the hoods under the different La Revolucion gimmick. How could this be simulated in TEW? Especially when La Revolucion are babyfaces but one of the masked men is a heel when he competes without the mask. </p><p> </p><p>

I guess it is a similar situation to the Three Faces of Foley showing up on the same Royal Rumble Is it doable? I need to know because if not I need to figure out a workaround</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="TEWFan" data-cite="TEWFan" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="46105" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I have a question about multiple gimmicks. I have recently gotten hooked in the local scene with both WWC and IWA becoming good again. As always I will try to create a Puerto Rican database for mod makers, but it has come to my attention WWC has some guys compete twice under different gimmicks on the same night. For what I have heard, their masked tag team champions La Revolucion are two guys who compete without masks with their proper singles gimmicks and then team up under the hoods under the different La Revolucion gimmick. How could this be simulated in TEW? Especially when La Revolucion are babyfaces but one of the masked men is a heel when he competes without the mask. <p> </p><p> I guess it is a similar situation to the Three Faces of Foley showing up on the same Royal Rumble Is it doable? I need to know because if not I need to figure out a workaround</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I believe you can change wrestlers to a different alter ego during the event easily in the 2020 version, as you can get back to the booking screen mid-event, but I believe you can't change their disposition back and forth?</p>

Of TEW 2020?

I haven't watched much wrestling since 2001 but I really want to play this new game, (I've started watching a little bit of wrestling again recently, mostly AEW)

The difficulty level would be entirely about what company you choose, in what context, and what options / preferences you have selected. There's not a specific difficulty level option if that's what you meant.

The difficulty level would be entirely about what company you choose, in what context, and what options / preferences you have selected. There's not a specific difficulty level option if that's what you meant.

thanks for the reply, and that's good to know, seems like i can set what i want in the game which is similar to Football Manager.....perfect.

thanks for the reply, and that's good to know, seems like i can set what i want in the game which is similar to Football Manager.....perfect.

Yeah there's plenty of similarities in some ways. Playing as a big company vs a local company feels a bit like the difference of starting FM as a champions league side vs a lower league team.

Also although it doesn't quite have anything like an assistant manager in FM, the preferences you can change mean that just like FM you can chose to get involved in every aspect of the game or if it's overwhelming it's easy to simply things just like you can get your assistant to take care of whatever you can't be bothered with in FM.

Most of the real world mods are intentionally set to be extremely easy. So if you want to fantasy book with a real world mod you should have no issues.

CVerse, most of the big companies are fairly forgiving with a few exceptions, TCW is challenging especially for a new player.

Then there’s masochistic things you can do like making a custom company in Australia.

Meanwhile WMMA 5 had very, very few bugs. For a game built from scratch, that's good stuff.

It's indeed a rare sight nowadays. I've developed a healthy habit of not playing games at release anymore, but I might make an exception to the rule when this hits.

WMMA5 ended up releasing with only one of two major bugs (aka features not working in certain settings), but you had to do really specific things to cause them, or be really unlucky. I expect the same might happen here, but given the report posted today it seems really unlikely anything gamebreaking would be in release.

It's indeed a rare sight nowadays. I've developed a healthy habit of not playing games at release anymore, but I might make an exception to the rule when this hits.

WMMA5 ended up releasing with only one of two major bugs (aka features not working in certain settings), but you had to do really specific things to cause them, or be really unlucky. I expect the same might happen here, but given the report posted today it seems really unlikely anything gamebreaking would be in release.

Once the masses get their hands on it and start doing all sorts of untested things, we'll break the game I'm sure. We always do. That's why the one-week public trial with 30 days in-game of playtime usually works really well (I'm assuming we'll get that again). By the time it releases for sale, most big bugs have been caught and patched. And then we'll get minor updates to fix bugs that pop up here and there. That's how I expect it to go anyway. I'm really pumped!!

Dear Adam,

Coronavirus has turned the world on it’s head. Most of us are probably going to essentially be quarantined, I’m going to be out of work (waiter/server) for a month, maybe two.

Even if it’s not completely finished it sounds like TEW2020 is in good shape and pretty stable. Is there anyway we can get TEW2020 released early? I’m sure many of us would appreciate some sort of early access at this time knowing full well the game may have some bugs/flaws/features disabled or we may lose our saves when the final version is out. I honestly can’t think of a game I’d rather spend time with during this period than TEW. The next few months will be rough, and it would be a godsend to be able to play 2020. I have no doubt I’m not the only one to feel this way.

Please consider it. Hope everyone is staying healthy and safe.

This will have been asked somewhere so I apologise.

How long after release will we get a real world mod that is playable?

We'll be able to convert 2016 mods to 2020 mods, so we'll have "playable" mods day one. It'll probably be a few months before we see a real world/historical mod designed to take advantage of all of TEW2020's bells and whistles.