TEW2020 Discussion Thread

I went through the journal and found no reference or missed a few things:

1) in Tournaments the penalised for a match with both wrestlers FACE OR HEEL still active?

2) there a bounus in popularity (or special situation) for a wrestler who makes his debut or returns after a long period (injuries etc.)?

3) Do not penalised the ratings of the match if the two wrestlers are not in rivalry but can provide a good match?

4) More options to see who are the top wrestlers in the game and what are the best matches, not just at the end of the year.

Maybe make a monthly summary?

1/ Why wouldn't it be active? Because it's a "tournament" the fans are supposed to like face matchups? Doesn't make sense.

3/ Why would there be a penalty? You're referring to the lack of a bonus (from a hot storyline), which is normal.

4/ You can put suggestions in the suggestion thread.

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1/ Why wouldn't it be active? Because it's a "tournament" the fans are supposed to like face matchups? Doesn't make sense.

3/ Why would there be a penalty? You're referring to the lack of a bonus (from a hot storyline), which is normal.

4/ You can put suggestions in the suggestion thread.

Because when there’s a tournament for a championship, or something like the KOTR, or just an exhibition tournament to decide the “best in the world” , fans should be a bit more forgiving and understanding when it comes to face vs face or heel vs heel matches in those settings.

With the way it is now, it almost discourages the user to not book any tournaments because we have to abide by strict face vs heel guidelines when setting up brackets and winners.

With the way it is now, it almost discourages the user to not book any tournaments because we have to abide by strict face vs heel guidelines when setting up brackets and winners.

That's exactly the same restriction that real life bookers are working under. That's why tournaments are often structured in a way that still pits babyface against heels whenever possible. It's part of the challenge. Having said that, the new product settings will have a slider that you can use to determine babyface/heel strictness in your company. I believe the middle option will allow you to have babyface and heels, but without penalties for booking a babyface/babyface or heel/heel match.

Because when there’s a tournament for a championship, or something like the KOTR, or just an exhibition tournament to decide the “best in the world” , fans should be a bit more forgiving and understanding when it comes to face vs face or heel vs heel matches in those settings.

Fans aren't forgiving though. In real life those matches don't get as great a reaction. Especially heel vs heel.

Penalties aren't as scary as some people seem to think they are. Your second-on-the-card match going from a C+ to a C isn't going to kill your game. It's like beating a boss in a video game with 60% health remaining instead of 65%. You hit the wrong button and got hit one more time. You still beat the boss. Relax.

You don't need every match to be a banger. In 2016, the only matches that particularly mattered were your best match and your second best match. In 2020 it is changing so that your product settings can determine if they all need to be high quality or not and how much of an effect disposition will have.

You don't need every match to be a banger. In 2016, the only matches that particularly mattered were your best match and your second best match. In 2020 it is changing so that your product settings can determine if they all need to be high quality or not and how much of an effect disposition will have.

More specifically, it was the main event and then the second best match.

I still think this comes mainly to product and presentation. If hyped correctly, any 2 great stars could have a good match regardless of disposition. This being related to the new product features seems great, imo. Obviously one is not gonna get A* in every same-disposition combo, especially with the lower card, but as far as big start and certain moments, yeah I think it is far more about the presentation and booking skills, so I think these new features might reflect it better.

Can't find the post asking about the womens division back, but was rereading some parts of the journal about products and came across this

Firstly, the Women's Wrestling selection has been expanded so that if you give a company a division, you can now select the size of it: small, medium, or large. This allows you to better reflect reality, especially with how the WWE has greatly enlarged the size and importance of their women's division over the past few years.

So if you're reading this hope that clears things up a bit. I forgot a lot about the new product stuff and I'm happy I reread it because now I'm really excited again. It's going to be so much easier to craft a promotion to your exact will now and give things your exact personal flavors

I hope this doesn't come off as boot kissing but I want to thank Adam & the others working on the game. It is nice having something to look forward to in this weird time in the world. It also helps that I can see myself spending thousands & thousands of hours playing TEW2020. Just like I did with 2013 & 2016.

That same feeling goes to anyone making content to help keep our minds off of the epidemic we are facing.

Things will go back to normal. Just don't know when, and it's great to have stuff like this to look forward to playing.

I hope this doesn't come off as boot kissing but I want to thank Adam & the others working on the game. It is nice having something to look forward to in this weird time in the world. It also helps that I can see myself spending thousands & thousands of hours playing TEW2020. Just like I did with 2013 & 2016.

That same feeling goes to anyone making content to help keep our minds off of the epidemic we are facing.

Things will go back to normal. Just don't know when, and it's great to have stuff like this to look forward to playing.

amen!

Completely agree. Even though I don't have much money for free spending right now(that will change soon) I'm still planning on buying as soon as possible since I know I'll get a good 3-4 years of enjoyment of the game

Whole Heartedly agree. Thank you Adam and team, about to lose myself in another great game and bring TCW back to higher ground. :-)

Trevor L.

amen!

Completely agree. Even though I don't have much money for free spending right now(that will change soon) I'm still planning on buying as soon as possible since I know I'll get a good 3-4 years of enjoyment of the game

/nod, I agree with all above.

Great that the manual is expanded more. Road agent notes are often clear enough, but I for one get the feeling I still don't 100% know what these mean (and I'm playing the game on and off for over a decade :p).

Yeah, I'm glad as well. I've always thought the notes were kind of "common sense", but there have been posts in the past with question and seeing an answer that wasn't what I thought at all. As soon as I seen it, it made sense, but I thought something totally different.

Fact is, many things I've learned reading questions others have asked, thinking I already knew the answer. Some things required testing over a couple of decades to understand, like the kinds of effects negative lifestyles had over time. It makes sense when you test it, but if I didn't test it I would have believed a total different outcome.

So I've had a sudden pang of concern over the my ability to play this new version on my old Vista laptop. I'm far from a tech wiz so I thought I'd better check before I even get the demo.

The new resolution is 1366x768; my screen is apparently 1440 x 900. So am i right to say that this will hog my screen but it will run?

So the beta is coming out, and then final version a week later.

Is there any reason to not buy the beta? Will the final version be any different?

The free demo is coming out, then the full game a week later, like Adam's releases usually do (unless I've missed something), you can't buy it before the full release.

The free demo is coming out, then the full game a week later, like Adam's releases usually do (unless I've missed something), you can't buy it before the full release.

Ahhh thanks for clearing that up. Would a road to Glory in TEW 2020 be fun?

I did one in Thunderverse that was awesome.

Really the game is only limited to your imagination. If you enjoy the core of the game and get bored of the present mods. You could always just make your own. Plus inadvertently, this game has made me one thousand times better at editing pictures, using excel & understanding the process of working on a project. The game does more than most by being a near endless amount of possibilities.

It might be tough to buy a game at this time, but you pay for something that will (like you said) give you 3-4 years of fun.

Hey GDS! You should set up the TEW 2020 sub-forums! The downtime would give some of the Dynasty/mod/pic creators a chance to get started on their Dynasties (or other media) and post some set-up material!

Just a thought.. wasn't sure where else to put it!

Hope everyone is staying safe! Less than 2 weeks til we get to try TEW 2020 out! Maybe it's the quarantine speaking... but I'm WAAAAY hyped for this.

Just got my stimulus check 35 bucks is ear marked for TEW2020. Thank you Adam for 20 years of gaming. I found EWD when I was about 13 and have followed your games ever since. And thank you to the whole GDS team for all the work you guys do. Finally thank you to everyone here, we may not always get a long but this is my place to escape and bs about TEW and wrestling and has been for years.

Something I've been wondering that may or not have been addressed is whether or not there's been more future debuting wrestlers added to the database. Previously, the last (I think) pre-made wrestler to debut was Tommy Cornell Jr. in 2025. That was fine in 2016 because it was around 10 years out, but now that's only 5 years into the game. Even if I run with a larger company that has two brands, I can myself hitting that point pretty quickly.

Now, I like the variety that comes with randomly generated wrestlers, but I also like to work with pre-made guys that are debuting in the future, especially seeing ones that are second or third generation wrestlers. Now we get a bunch of next generation masked wrestlers, but I don't think I ever remember seeing sons and daughters debuting randomly.