TEW2020 Discussion Thread

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wonder if multiplayer has received any improvements. That's perhaps going to be the most important.

Also I wish for of war would come back but only as a selectable option

The only multiplayer change I remember seeing was the 'Switching Player Order' in entry #4 of the Phase 1 journal.

Fog of war has been replaced by 'scouting' as detailed by Adam here: link

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Jaysin" data-cite="Jaysin" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="46105" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Does 2020 have the same resolution as 2016?</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> It's larger.</p><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Adam Ryland" data-cite="Adam Ryland" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="46105" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>As we've confirmed before, TEW2020 is going to be at a 1366x768 resolution which means that it's physically wider than previous games.</div></blockquote>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Jaysin" data-cite="Jaysin" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="46105" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Cheers. I tried searching but the forum kept closing the search bar when ever I clicked it. Hopefully my tablet is big enough to play it still. Not sure on it's resolution honestly.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> WMMA5 is 1366x768 as well - if you don't have it, maybe download the demo to see if that works?</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Jaded" data-cite="Jaded" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="46105" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>WMMA5 is 1366x768 as well - if you don't have it, maybe download the demo to see if that works?</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> That's a great idea! I'll give that a shot</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Jaysin" data-cite="Jaysin" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="46105" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Cheers. I tried searching but the forum kept closing the search bar when ever I clicked it. Hopefully my tablet is big enough to play it still. Not sure on it's resolution honestly.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> <a href="https://images.hdqwalls.com/download/firewatch-sd-1366x768.jpg" rel="external nofollow">https://images.hdqwalls.com/download/firewatch-sd-1366x768.jpg</a> - It's about that.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Tew101" data-cite="Tew101" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="46105" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>So the game is full screen? I downloaded WMMA5 and the demo is full screen?</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> It's not full screen. You just have the same resolution as the game.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Nicolasloizel" data-cite="Nicolasloizel" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="46105" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Does someone have informations about announcer role like Finkel/Penzer/Chimel, if in this game they have a importance or not like the other games?</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> That hasn't been mentioned so it's probably the same as 2016.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="hyretic" data-cite="hyretic" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="46105" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>That hasn't been mentioned so it's probably the same as 2016.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> And was it in 2016? Realistically it could add something to the event, but it'd have to be a minor thing. I guess you could add Finkel to the announcer's desk, and if his skills exceed that of the main commentator you can get a bonus.</p>

I forget which combination of computer and TEW it was, but one time it was just a bit too big for my resolution but I fixed it by moving my taskbar to the left instead of at the bottom. Was a pain, but it worked.

Sadly it's the width of the new game that is the problem.

Just smashed out my uni assessment in 6 hours so I wont be stressing about it when the demo is released. (I have two days off work when the demo is released, and was going to do the assessment then, but thought I shouldn't waste time on uni work.)

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Jaysin" data-cite="Jaysin" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="46105" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I can only make my resolution smaller, not larger to fit the game.</div></blockquote><p> Have same problem</p>

<p>Starting to get ridiculously hyped for the game now. First plans after taking a look around will hopefully be MAW (unless it's dead) but then I want to try and do a full COTT save which would be extremely difficult but rewarding as hell.</p><p> </p><p>

Also, really interested to see how India will be implemented into the C-Verse as I feel that could be a great place to try and build up an entire scene in a long term save</p>