TEW2020 Discussion Thread

I am getting a great feeling that this game is going to run so much better than 2016 and that is something I never could have imagined. As someone who has been playing TEW, EWR, EWB for 20 years I am so grateful that we have Adam Ryland to bless us with these great games. Keep up the good work!

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Historian" data-cite="Historian" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="46105" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>But using your WWE example, it’s also significantly easier for them to rehab a super talented performer who has been dead in the water. I think the change is a good thing and one that keeps momentum from tanking after a very competitive loss.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Not really, they do it the same way you do it in game already. Gimmick changes and turns. See Bray Wyatt. WWE is also extremely fond of the fire or send on vacation wait until everyone forgets then rehire tactic that also works well in TEW, and they’ve ebeen doing that for years.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Sons of Kohral" data-cite="Sons of Kohral" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="46105" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Adam puts way more effort into this than I do my own job.</div></blockquote><p> Probably because he's paid to do something he enjoys.</p>

Loving everything recently announced, the ability to move can be a real game changer. If you end up in slumping area, a move might be good, or if you just can't compete in a battle with other companies, moving and building up can help a lot.

Betting matches are a fun match add for Lucha companies.

Momentum changes are great, as it's something I've always struggled to keep balanced in my games, and the improved AI is amazing. I know it gets better every game, but this sounds like we will be getting closer to the best simulation possible!

And it looks like I just found myself a new challenge. The ability to move companies from one part of the world to another is so juicy. Like can you pull VWA to America and help those guys get to the big leagues? Can you pull a failing British promotion to Canada and keep them afloat in the new scene or vice versa. Sounds like a whole new way for promotions and workers to need the help of a promoter more like myself. One more concerned with building people and places up than climbing the mountain to be the top dog.

And the betting matches sound good too. Those are huge in Mexico and lucha culture so that could be big for those who play Lucha Underground or CHIKARA in real world mods. One question does cross my mind though. For the game's purposes, is "hair" strictly what's on top of one's head? Or could a bald guy with a beard like a Tombstone be eligible to bet his beard using the "hair" game mechanic?

I get the challenges of relocating to a totally different place, but close ones are a thing too. Like moving out of a low importance region or trying to dodge a Regional war.

In my Piledriver save/diary, I was based in South East US as a local company but then bought out MAW who were small. I wrote it out as a merger and carrying on their legacy, but in game terms, given their increased pop in the Mid Atlantic, it made sense to hold shows there. Then there's their roster being known there and the COTT rule of not holding shows in other promotions' home territory. Really wish I could move my home base there, so today's announcement struck a nerve.

Likewise, in my RtG save, I was based in SE Europe, a low importance area that kept dropping in importance, which in turn held back my growth.

If all fails for TCW, now I can just move them to Canada and fight NOTBPW/CGC, or maybe Japan.

Also, how would the move work in terms of affecting size? If you move a company, would the new size be based on the size in the new region at the time of movement, or would it be something different?

Also, how would the move work in terms of affecting size? If you move a company, would the new size be based on the size in the new region at the time of movement, or would it be something different?

That's a question I have, as well. Also, what about workers who are not active in the new area?

That's an interesting question. To take it a step further, given an earlier post about the different growth strategies depend on where a company's based, I'm assuming moving your HQ would also potentially result in a different requirement/strategy to hit the next size level?

That's a question I have, as well. Also, what about workers who are not active in the new area?

They'll probably stay under contract and become active there, same way in TEW16 if someone who isn't active in your region shows up for a show under a Trade Deal or Alliance Loan then becomes available, as far as I remember.

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Steven James" data-cite="Steven James" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="46105" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Also, how would the move work in terms of affecting size? If you move a company, would the new size be based on the size in the new region at the time of movement, or would it be something different?</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> It would be recalculated based on your new home region.</p>

<p>Mass event adding option</p><p> </p><p>

I'm so excited for 2020. I literally look forward to every new update from the 2020 post. I know it's packed with new features & it might sound weird but I am looking forward to the stable changes & the event options. I play Japanese companies almost exclusively. "I'm a ****ing weeb loser, I know." But getting a revamp to those options are so great! May I make a suggestion though. I wish there was an option to do mass event adding.</p><p>

For example,</p><p> </p><p>

You go to your schedule in your save & then you can name your show like, "G1 Climax Day" then it could let you pick how many event you wanna add, including "major, Minor, house show" & then maybe the calendar could pop up "the one that lets you see which workers are available for the next 28 days" you could then pick which days you want the shows to take place on. It would auto generate the 1,2,3 & so on. </p><p> </p><p>

It would make booking your tour dates much easier.</p>

Adam will we be able to rename our promotion in game? Would be cool if you could rebrand your company as it grew or if it relocated. Maybe it has a chance of hurting your momentum or popularity a little. I know this isn't the suggestions thread. Just hoping you could clear this up if this is planned to be in the game or not.

Adam will we be able to rename our promotion in game? Would be cool if you could rebrand your company as it grew or if it relocated. Maybe it has a chance of hurting your momentum or popularity a little. I know this isn't the suggestions thread. Just hoping you could clear this up if this is planned to be in the game or not.

You can do that now through the editor.

You can add this right through editing current 'Narratives' in your game. You can make it change the name, initials and logo on a given date. This will create news stories for the changes. It's only cosmetic, so you wouldn't see the benefits your looking for. Or you can just edit it in the editor. Sounds like something to post in the suggestion thread, as a new cool name or logo could definitely boost or lower momentum I'd think. Although, I'm not sure how the computer could rate the name or logo without a random guess.

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Juce" data-cite="Juce" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="46105" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Adam will we be able to rename our promotion in game?</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Yes. For main companies and children.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Adam Ryland" data-cite="Adam Ryland" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="46105" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Yes. For main companies and children.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Awesome! Thank you!</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Adam Ryland" data-cite="Adam Ryland" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="46105" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Paying workers to lose their mask is already in TEW2016, it wouldn't be removed for the new game.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> It is? How do you do that? I always get declined to take masks and have never known I could pay them to do it. Can you do this in a match?</p>