TEW2020 Product Suggestion Thread

Make the Wrestling Nerd Nirvana not hate Deathmatches and like Comedy. Who is the Wrestling Nerd Nirvana, is this AEW? If so, please watch some Dynamite and show me where the fans dislike "too much violence" in matches or think "deathmatches are garbage"? I've never seen this in the real world.

Fans will expect events to be 70% matches, 30% angles

Fans will expect TV shows to be 60% matches, 40% angles

Matches are rated on a ratio of 50:50 in ring action/popularity, whichever is higher

Matches less than 5 minutes cannot achieve a world class score unless it's really good. (Hi, we're the UFC and an occasional 1-2 minute murder spree is 90+ rating if there's a real killer in the cage)

All workers will be expected to be using a gimmick or there will be large penalty

Fans will expect a lot of ongoing storylines

Each show will need at least one match aimed as Story Telling

Major matches without a storyline receive penalty

The company will be attractive to sponsors

Attendance levels are not affected by the state of the wrestling industry

Comedy based gimmicks can be used by Stars, but not Major Stars

Having a wrestler be forced to unmask will add some heat to a segment

Having someone shaved bald as a forfeit adds heat to a segment

No-Style style with 85% matches and 15% angles is the only adjustment left for my perfect product that I want.

Well, my near-perfect product is No-Style Style with 70% matches and 30% angles - for television and for events.

Edit: I would rather see two similar styles with this one difference, than one of us have to eat mud so the other can have cake.

This is why "You can't make in-game products because cheaters" is the worst idea ever. Many of us have very different ideas of what would be fun, find each other's idea of fun to be absolutely unfun. So both you and I cannot be happy. And it's not like any of our suggested products will ever be added, they would've only been added by us individually as we need/want them. Instead, we're like jobbers who must go through creative to beg for a change that Vince will never approve because Vince doesn't see the value in it.

I dislike this type of situation, because it forces both you and I into a situation where neither of us really gets what we like/want, and have no say in the final outcome. We just "get what we get and better like it". Or, "too bad."

Performer - Worker views Professional Wrestling as a form of entertainment, and will not sign to a company based on "Wrestling".

(This is the opposite of the "Old School" attribute.)

Wimpy - Worker's body type will remain "Regular" and strength will cap around 55.

Strong Neck/Back/Legs/Etc - Worker is less likely to injure this body part.

(Does not mean worker won't get injured, it means when injury happens, it will happen to a different part)

2. Modern Three Rings

This one is based on POWW, David McClane's second promotion after he left GLOW with some of the roster as they didn't agree with the comedy hee-haw direction of the company.

Fans will expect TV shows to be 70% matches, 30% angles

Matches are rated on a ratio of 40:60 or 60:40 in ring action/popularity, whichever produces higher rating

Fans are open to any match type.

Fans expect at least one Brawl

Fans expect at least one Technical

Fans expect at least one Entertainment/Comedy

Aimed at 18-35 crowd.

Rabid fan base.

Fans expect everyone to have a gimmick.

The fans will expect there to be lots of ongoing storylines.

Fans expect major matches to have a storyline.

The company is "somewhat" attractive to sponsors.

Comedy based gimmicks can be used even by Stars and Major Stars

Having a wrestler be forced to unmask will add heat to a segment

So, this is like a 3 Rings or No-Style product, that views itself as "Entertainment". It is not "light on the body" (or hard on the body), and is not effected by the state of the wrestling industry.

This product has some inherent challenges, this isn't easy time - there's no "light on the body" bonus, and a few specific Match Based On, which means having a roster capable of this. So this isn't some "baby time" product that's going to be easy to play. Fans are not impacted by the industry which can protect from low industry, but it also means they won't get the big bonuses of a booming industry, either. I think the bonus here is better than the penalty is worse, so this product will not have those bonuses.

(I wish it were possible to make a company More or Less vulnerable to Economic impact, this company - I want it to receive no penalty from bad industry, but I would love the penalties for bad economy to hit this company just a bit harder. While it's casual appeal/base shields it from the industry-at-large, this makes it more dependent on the fickle mood of spenders). I would love the Product Attribute - "Company is more impacted by bad economy, company more impacted by good economy" and for products based more on "Wrestling Fans" to remain more dependent on The Industry than The Economy - then a "neutral" note to make it equally impacted by both, as is default).

What helps, is that fans will accept Performance or Popularity - and have no preferences about Match or Angle Length. This encourages good decision making about match style vs length, and removes the barrier of sagging a card/match when it makes no sense. After all, these fans want both Conor McGregor to perform a 30 second finish, AND they want to see GSP work a guy for 25 minutes. They want to see a Menace for 4 mins, then Rock talk for 20.

<p><em>So, I'll be honest this isn't a product type I feel is "missing". It's just something I would like added to help my own game because I would like to play as it. I don't expect anything to come of it but figure it doesn't hurt to ask.</em></p><p> </p><p>

I'm terrible with names, so it can be called whatever but names like American Lucha, Lucha Fusion, Grindhouse-Telenovela Combined, all get the point across.</p><p>

(essentially trying to reflect what Lucha Underground was,, where you have that hardcore fast paced lucha with some sports entertainment elements)</p><p> </p><p>

It's taking the Grindhouse Lucha and giving it some more Telenovela influence (or vice versa whichever makes more sense)</p><p> </p><p>

So, taking the Grindhouse Lucha product and changing;</p><p> </p><p>

</p><ul><li>TV shows 50/50 matches and angles<br /></li><li>Events 70/30 or keeping it at 80/20<br /></li><li>Add "high spots" to a match aim requirement<br /></li><li>Like in Telenovela, add "Major matches will be penalized if they don't have an associated storyline"<br /></li><li>More attractive to sponsors<br /></li></ul><p></p><p>

Apart from that all the other elements are the same as Grindhouse Lucha</p>

<p><strong>Spot Fest/Stunt Show</strong></p><p> </p><p>

Basically, just as some products replace "Regular" as the standard match aim with "Deathmatch" or "Hardcore", this product could have "High Spots" as its standard match aim, with crazy/stunt bumps and high flying aids being as commonplace as an Irish Whip in your average match. </p><p> </p><p>

On one hand, such a product would probably be very crowd-friendly but, on the other hand, it'd take quite a toll on the workers' bodies.</p>

For the companies that use "important matches should be quite lengthy" I feel like multi-man tag matches with a couple of major stars but also a couple of wrestlers lower down the card shouldn't be classed as important.

a 6 or 8 man tag on a Japanese tour show should never be classed as an important match and should never be expected to go 20 minutes. That's just not how those shows work.

Episodic Aggression - This product is based on Ruthless Aggression with a touch of Episodic and No Style forms. The fans don't want anything that is raunchy or too violent; however, they enjoy 10 minute matches as long as 30 minute matches if they're good. This is also aimed at companies who wish to have a Royal Rumble - really, it's not fun to run them in companies where you get dinged hard for match length. Nor is it fun to create new match, smallest match time possible for a rumble, and fit in a 15 minute royal rumble. Likewise, the HHH/Rock and Bret/Shawn and other classic Iron Man matches are enjoyed by these fans.

Fans will expect TV shows to be 60% matches, 40% angles

Matches are rated on a ratio of 40:60 or 60:40 in ring action/popularity, whichever produces higher rating.

Fans are open to any match type.

Matches must be at least five minutes.

Deathmatches will get severely penalized.

The most violent matches will get severely penalized.

Eye Candy matches/angles will get severely penalized.

Fans expect everyone to have a gimmick.

The fans will expect there to be lots of ongoing storylines.

Fans expect major matches to have a storyline.

The company is "somewhat" attractive to sponsors.

Comedy based gimmicks can be used even by Stars and Major Stars

Having a wrestler be forced to unmask will add heat to a segment

Could a new restriction be made on upper match times along the lines of "Matches that go beyond 15 minutes will be penalized unless it is the main event slot and features a championship"?

This would allow both the 15 minute match restriction, while providing the criteria for Rumbles to succeed - no penalty IF it's in the main event slot AND features a title such as Royale Rumble which "counts as an achievement". It would also help an Iron Man match if there is a title and it's the main event. The restriction involved, obviously, is you must have said match as the main event. If you have an angle in the "main event slot", here comes the ding.

Otherwise, just have no time limit penalties. These fans aren't ADHD so they can pay attention to a 30 minute match or 15 minute angle - if it's good. I wonder if there's a way to say "Matches above 15 minutes get a penalty unless it's really good" similar to how some products don't penalize you IF it's really good.

This is also aimed at companies who wish to have a Royal Rumble - really, it's not fun to run them in companies where you get dinged hard for match length. Nor is it fun to create new match, smallest match time possible for a rumble, and fit in a 15 minute royal rumble..

The lengthy match penalty doesn't apply to Timed-entrance matches/ Battle Royales or Royal Rumbles. This was adjusted on a patch a while back

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="DjRelativity" data-cite="DjRelativity" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="47105" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>The lengthy match penalty doesn't apply to Timed-entrance matches/ Battle Royales or Royal Rumbles. This was adjusted on a patch a while back</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I also mean for things like Gauntlet Matches, War Games, etc. Anything with timed entrances that might involve a few "well known" folks.</p><p> </p><p> I was unaware they had fixed rumbles, I can proceed with my rumble event, then. Thanks for the tip. </p><p> </p><p> The rest of the product I still strongly suggest.</p>

• 3 weeks later...
Hi with No Style Style you can just about any type of promotion you want, the one thing you can't do with it is one that has shorter main events so was wondering if the 15 minutes World Class penalty could be reduced to 10 minutes to allow this. Thanks.

Couple suggestions:

Strong Puroresu should drop the lengthy important match expectation, considering that Strong Style era NJPW main events tended to go 15 minutes on average.

Royal Puroresu I don't know why crazy/stunt bumps are taboo, considering all the crazy s--- the Four Pillars did in the 90's.

Just a couple of tweaks for added realism is all.

<p>Not really a product suggestion but more of a Porduct related feature request:</p><p> </p><p>

Can we please get two different versions of the "integrated women" selection?</p><p> </p><p>

In real life, companies like Gatoh Move are MAINLY all women feds but that do also use a few male wrestlers like such as Baliyan Akki. There is the option of having a "Large Womens Division" but this means that they won't ever face off against eachother. so can we have two types of Integrated products.</p><p> </p><p>

"Integrated - Mostly Women"</p><p>

"Integrated - Mostly Men"</p>

• 3 weeks later...

This is less of a new Product Suggestion and just an issue I see with an existing definition.

Wrestling Nerd Nirvana has what appears to be a very major oversight...

"Fans will be put off by overbooked matches"

"Each show will need at least one match aimed at Wild Brawl, Car Crash, or Mayhem"

Doesn't that conflict? Mayhem says it automatically adds "Overbooked" and while I haven't tested it (afraid to), it feels like this reads that if I used Mayhem to fulfill that requirement, I would actually get penalized anyway because the fans wouldn't like the overbooked nature of that match? Or am I overlooking something? I just use Wild Brawl and Car Crash for now because I'm not sure Mayhem matches could even work given the other comment. Is that an oversight?

EDIT: actually I just tested and yes, it DOES in fact tank the match rating. So I'm just really confused why that product is built in such a way that it wants you to use a match type that you get penalized for. That makes 0 sense to me.

Couple suggestions:

Strong Puroresu should drop the lengthy important match expectation, considering that Strong Style era NJPW main events tended to go 15 minutes on average.

Royal Puroresu I don't know why crazy/stunt bumps are taboo, considering all the crazy s--- the Four Pillars did in the 90's.

Just a couple of tweaks for added realism is all.

Agreed to both of those. I would also add in some angle time for Strong Puroresu, as NJPW featured quite a bit of angles and promos over the years, more so now but also in the '80s and definitely the '90 onwards.

My suggestion is for something representing joshi pro-wrestling of the '80s and '90s. Stylistically it would be like the Fast & Furious product but with some larger than life characters that joshi often featured, such as Dump Matsumoto, Bull Nakano, and Akira Hokuto. A little bit more orientated towards entertainment and larger than life characters but not all the way. Blood wasn't featured often but it certainly didn't turn off viewers and added to the drama when it was used. Hair matches should carry extra weight, and overbooked matches shouldn't be penalized because they often featured weapons and some interference though nothing crazy. VICTORY THROUGH GUTS was AJW's motto and would be a very cool product name if that's allowed.

Apologies if something like this was suggested earlier.

This is less of a new Product Suggestion and just an issue I see with an existing definition.

Wrestling Nerd Nirvana has what appears to be a very major oversight...

"Fans will be put off by overbooked matches"

"Each show will need at least one match aimed at Wild Brawl, Car Crash, or Mayhem"

Doesn't that conflict? Mayhem says it automatically adds "Overbooked" and while I haven't tested it (afraid to), it feels like this reads that if I used Mayhem to fulfill that requirement, I would actually get penalized anyway because the fans wouldn't like the overbooked nature of that match? Or am I overlooking something? I just use Wild Brawl and Car Crash for now because I'm not sure Mayhem matches could even work given the other comment. Is that an oversight?

EDIT: actually I just tested and yes, it DOES in fact tank the match rating. So I'm just really confused why that product is built in such a way that it wants you to use a match type that you get penalized for. That makes 0 sense to me.

Did anyone find a way to fix this for existing save files (since this likely won't be fixed in those games from v1.21)?

Why is Crash TV the number 1 result when you search for AEW now? It's not even close. The second result, Episodic Entertainment, is still not even close. The third result is Wrestling Nerd Nirvana which despite seemingly being invented specifically for AEW is still not even close despite the necessary changes being posted months ago, yet somehow overbooking managed to get fixed? I'm not going to complain about new products being added because it's exclusively a good thing, but how is something like Memetic Wrestling making it in when months after release we still don't even have a good product for the #2 promotion in the world?

Why is Crash TV the number 1 result when you search for AEW now? It's not even close. The second result, Episodic Entertainment, is still not even close. The third result is Wrestling Nerd Nirvana which despite seemingly being invented specifically for AEW is still not even close despite the necessary changes being posted months ago, yet somehow overbooking managed to get fixed? I'm not going to complain about new products being added because it's exclusively a good thing, but how is something like Memetic Wrestling making it in when months after release we still don't even have a good product for the #2 promotion in the world?

Agreed entirely. What is WNN supposed to represent if not AEW? That promotion is one of the top things people want to book right now, and everyone is getting stupid penalties and restrictions that wouldn’t exist IRL.

What is WNN supposed to represent if not AEW? That promotion is one of the top things people want to book right now, and everyone is getting stupid penalties and restrictions that wouldn’t exist IRL.

It is meant to be AEW, yes. If you'd like changes to that specific product, post them and I'd be happy to consider them for a future patch.

Wrestling Nerd Nirvana:

Matches are rated on a ratio of between 40:60 and 55:45 in-ring action/popularity depending on what gets the best rating

The in-ring focus here is far too low. To imply AEW has a lesser focus on in-ring action than WWE is just not true. A better split would be 40:60 and 65:35, or potentially even as high at 70:30. This accurately displays that for most talents, in ring performance is key, while also recognizing the popularity of guys like Jericho or Moxley greatly contributes.

Deathmatches will be severely penalized

Dangerous Match Setups will be penalized

Fans will be put off by matches that are too extreme

Each of these could probably use a step down in penalization. A good example is the Omega/Moxley deathmatch. It wasn't for everyone and got some criticism, but I would call that "penalized" rather than "severely penalized." They have a fair share of dangerous and extreme matches, which aren't offputting to much of their audience/

Gimmicks will not be necessary, but will have an impact if used

The only people without gimmicks are the jobbers on Dark. Everyone else has some semblance of a gimmick, enough to consider it to be necessary.

The fan base will be very opinionated and will turn on workers they don't feel belong

This setting unfairly penalizes workers who are more developmental or younger, and are still finding their way up in skill, but still very much fit in on the roster. To say someone like Anna Jay, Ricky Starks, or Will Hobbs get penalties like this in real life isn't accurate.

If this could be edited in some way to only apply if they're at the level of Star/Major Star, that could be cool.

Wrestling Nerd Nirvana:

Matches are rated on a ratio of between 40:60 and 55:45 in-ring action/popularity depending on what gets the best rating

The in-ring focus here is far too low. To imply AEW has a lesser focus on in-ring action than WWE is just not true. A better split would be 40:60 and 65:35, or potentially even as high at 70:30. This accurately displays that for most talents, in ring performance is key, while also recognizing the popularity of guys like Jericho or Moxley greatly contributes.

Deathmatches will be severely penalized

Dangerous Match Setups will be penalized

Fans will be put off by matches that are too extreme

Each of these could probably use a step down in penalization. A good example is the Omega/Moxley deathmatch. It wasn't for everyone and got some criticism, but I would call that "penalized" rather than "severely penalized." They have a fair share of dangerous and extreme matches, which aren't offputting to much of their audience/

Gimmicks will not be necessary, but will have an impact if used

The only people without gimmicks are the jobbers on Dark. Everyone else has some semblance of a gimmick, enough to consider it to be necessary.

The fan base will be very opinionated and will turn on workers they don't feel belong

This setting unfairly penalizes workers who are more developmental or younger, and are still finding their way up in skill, but still very much fit in on the roster. To say someone like Anna Jay, Ricky Starks, or Will Hobbs get penalties like this in real life isn't accurate.

If this could be edited in some way to only apply if they're at the level of Star/Major Star, that could be cool.

All done for the next patch.