TEW2020 Product Suggestion Thread

With the removal of a cinematic match penalty to wrestling nerd nirvana, can we get the penalty removed from No-Style Stye too? If there's no style, why would you get penalised for having a cinematic match - the audience shouldn't care what they watch if it was truly no style.

I second this notion

With the removal of a cinematic match penalty to wrestling nerd nirvana, can we get the penalty removed from No-Style Stye too? If there's no style, why would you get penalised for having a cinematic match - the audience shouldn't care what they watch if it was truly no style.

This ^

Please just allow people to modify a product. That would solve everything, rather than having another 50 product options.

This really isn't productive. The desire of many people to have editable products has been expressed in numerous places throughout the forums. This thread is for product suggestions and discussion of product suggestions.

Stoner Puroresu- A style of Puroresu that's meant to merge the Respectful Wrestling of the East with the angles, characters and storylines of the West. Fans expect workers to work gimmicks and have entertainment value, but also treat the in-ring action with the utmost respect and expect hard-hitting psychological matches.

Two suggestions, although I don't know if they could actually work in the game (well, at least the second one) as a product or if it'd be something to add somewhere else:

Burlesque: Pretty much what I've been told the Lucha VaVOOM product is, this company features a mix between comedy, lucha and more "risque" content. Basically how you'd imagine a funny-sexy lucha libre show with drag queens. No long storylines (or even no storylines at all if we consider that a storyline's duration is always more than one show), match quality is important-ish in that it would need high flying and lucha stuff but technical wrestlers would probably struggle there if they are not good at comedy (or have a high Sex Appeal). Feel free to add on it, as I've never actually been to one of their shows but I remember hearing about them and it sounded fun :p

Just to add to this i would suggest it be considered as two products

Lucha Libre Burlesque and Wrestling Burlesque

Both are effectively similar, just one with Lucha Libre as its core culture (see Lucha Va-Voom or Lucha Britannia) and one without. These are shows that market themselves heavily towards adults who are not wrestling fans, who are looking to go for a night out that is a interesting party and sexual spectacle that is on the edge of being a fetish night.

They are effectively a blend of comedy wrestling and burlesque night with matches interdispersed with strip teases, fire breathers, groin angle grinders, magicians, bondage/kink/pain acts, full live music acts, pole dancers etc - often with the wrestlers taking part in the acts, and the burlesque performers working as valets, commentators, even wrestlers (I once watched a burlesque girl dressed up in a giant mascot cigarette costume wrestle a luchador who was try to quit smoking.

Being part of the burlesque and cabaret circuit they are often also openly queer and inclusive so you are more likely to find Exóticos, drag queens, gay and transgender wrestlers on their rosters.

Shows run on the assumption that a lot of their audience have never seen a wrestling match before and need a lot of stimulation. Characters are bold, extravagant, sexual, rude and over the top. Eye-candy matches are definitely a thing as are obviously angles with sex-sells focus. The sexual thrill titillation aspect of the night is a large selling point aesthetic and one of the major drawing reasons and focus so fans definitely expect it along with the comedy (The requirement of sexy stuff is partially the reason i think this differs from Bar Room Entertainment). Hardcore is not a focus or expected by the audience but can definitely be done as it fits in with the freak show type of feel these nights allude to.

Sponsorship they are incredibly appealing to alcohol brands for advertising as well as sponsors who want to foster a cool/quirky brand like Red Bull, Duracell, Pepsi Max, Doritos - much more than other wrestling shows. But obviously they are unappealing to more conservative brands. They would be late night tv, but their frenetic pace and party aesthetics make them gold dust for internet broadcasters.

Short matches to hold the audiences attention, Entertainment over Performance, but Angles to Matches it would likely be about 40:60 or 30:70. A burlesque act is on average 5 minutes long so the wrestling is still relied on to make up a lot of the meat of the show, but they also tend to end with a live bands or DJ set with dance acts which bulk up the end of the night and interval.

<p>Since we can play as any worker not just the avatars how about adding the ability to search for owners and bookers like we can in the database editor. </p><p> </p><p> </p><p> </p><p>

I'm about to test something for a different suggestion and it hit me as I was selecting 8 different owners of smaller companies that I had to search the rosters cause I only knew who 3 of them were.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="hellshock70" data-cite="hellshock70" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="47105" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Since we can play as any worker not just the avatars how about adding the ability to search for owners and bookers like we can in the database editor. <p> </p><p> </p><p> </p><p> I'm about to test something for a different suggestion and it hit me as I was selecting 8 different owners of smaller companies that I had to search the rosters cause I only knew who 3 of them were.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Wrong thread.</p>

On to what should've been here... I'm testing 6 tiny and 2 small companies.

Two (MAW and NYCW) have a product that needs a 20 minute minimum on their matches or they suffer penalties when very few of the talent can go 15-20 minutes. The champions of both companies can't go 20 and if I had to guess between the two (untested theory) Bradley Blaze of MAW is least likely to go 15.

SWF and TCW only have 15 minute reqs for their products and USPW only 10 and they all probably have a lot more talent capable of going 20 minutes.

On a side note both of these champions are considered "major stars" by fans of their companies yet attendance suffered from "a lack of names" when they should be able to carry 50-100% of the weight.

In real world theory Bradley Blaze in his position should be able to work a 10 minute opener in Greensboro, NC then drive an hour to Raleigh, NC, rest about 15-20 minutes (unless he has to do a run-in or promo) before pulling a 10-20 minute main event. And his name alone pulled in at least half the gate of both. 20 minutes shouldn't be an issue at the top. 30... maybe an issue.

My suggestion(s):

1. A reduction on match length requirements for products attached to companies this size.

2. A similar product with lower requirements. Maybe even tiered for example...

Attitude Entertainment (Tiny) only needs 10 minutes

Attitude Entertainment (Medium) 15 minutes

Attitude Entertainment (Titanic) 20 minutes

3. Boost their main eventers enough to fulfill the product reqs. The top 1-4 unless it's a completely crap organization should be able to hit the minimum reqs and the next 2-4 should be close enough to hit it with some more seasoning. And considering the alumni and owners MAW isn't crap.

I think the 5 minute angles for Attitude Entertainment are just way too short. Even if I have someone talented on the stick (say Rock or Austin) they're only pulling an 84 for a 7-8 minute promo to kickoff the show, when IRL those things would routinely pop huge numbers and engagement. People who are already poor on the stick are already going to be penalized, but when you have a product that is expected to be 60% angles and none of your angles can go over 5 minutes even with studs on the mic you end up booking a TON of angles and it's crazy.

Burlesque: Pretty much what I've been told the Lucha VaVoom product is, this company features a mix between comedy, lucha and more "risque" content. Basically how you'd imagine a funny-sexy lucha libre show with drag queens. No long storylines (or even no storylines at all if we consider that a storyline's duration is always more than one show), match quality is important-ish in that it would need high flying and lucha stuff but technical wrestlers would probably struggle there if they are not good at comedy (or have a high Sex Appeal). Feel free to add on it, as I've never actually been to one of their shows but I remember hearing about them and it sounded fun :p

I've added Lucha Va-Voom in 2016 once or twice, and it is a fun product to play around with. I'd welcome something like that in 2020, if we can't get customizable products.

EDIT:

Lucha Libre Burlesque and Wrestling Burlesque

Both are effectively similar, just one with Lucha Libre as its core culture (see Lucha Va-Voom or Lucha Britannia) and one without. These are shows that market themselves heavily towards adults who are not wrestling fans, who are looking to go for a night out that is a interesting party and sexual spectacle that is on the edge of being a fetish night.

Just saw Kamchatka's very good breakdown of how this product might work, so I thought I'd add it to my response, too, just to bring attention to both.

I dunno if this has been brought up enough already, but the one thing I'm not liking in 2020 are having to follow and click the arrows to move the segments around. I miss the tab you can click on and get it to where you want it, or an ability to drag and drop it where you want it. If its been addressed, great!

I dunno if this has been brought up enough already, but the one thing I'm not liking in 2020 are having to follow and click the arrows to move the segments around. I miss the tab you can click on and get it to where you want it, or an ability to drag and drop it where you want it. If its been addressed, great!

Wrong thread.

The "No Style Style" really needs some penalties/restrictions. Created a new promotion with 10 pop in Tohoku and did this show just to test it out:

nostyleshow.png

The product is quite broken. It also says nothing about broadcast or sponsorship in the product info. Maybe make an overall penalty to each segment because of the no style? You can't please everyone even if it's no style. Or atleast but severe restrictions to sponsorship money and broadcasting - they don't know what they are getting. I had a deathmatch, hardcore match and default normal matches in there.

The 70-30 or 30-70 performance/popularity divide also breaks the product and makes it incredibly OP. Why not go for 50-50?

Right now there is no reason why anyone should play with any product besides the No Style product. It's simply put the best product in the game.

EDIT: Jaded run some watcher testing, setting many promotions style to No Style and many got significantly better grades.

USPW 83/84/83/83/85 (PPV)

TCW 76/76/77/79/80 (PPV)

RAW 63/65/66/64

21CW 91/83/84/88/82 (PPV)

CWW getting mainly 50s, ACPW high 60s, MAW all around 60, QAW mostly 60s with one 72. For comparison, a patch 10 watcher I did had USPW mostly around 75. QAW were barely getting out of 50s in the patch 10 so it’s boosted them tons too

Would love to see a split in attitude era, with the way it is in game now label crash tv (or something similar) and a more long-segment friendly attitude era also available.

This x1000.

I wonder why we have these broad penalties anyways. It would make more sense to tie the maximum segment length to the skill being rated on (or to stamina for matches). The way it's done is overly-simple.

This x1000.

I wonder why we have these broad penalties anyways. It would make more sense to tie the maximum segment length to the skill being rated on (or to stamina for matches). The way it's done is overly-simple.

As a real-life example, The Rock and Mick Foley were initially criticised by Vince McMahon for the "This is Your Life" segment running too long. He admitted he was wrong when they got the ratings.

I'd really like there to be some bonuses for some of the more restrictive products? I don't know how you'd incorporate them.

Bonuses for long talky segments in entertainment companies with stars/major stars and hot storylines, so you can really build your show around them? The products that have the line that makes your fans hate half the midcard also giving out that "flavor of the month" attribute thing like candy to their cult heroes? Bonuses to the hardcore stat for hardcore/garbage feds, since even if you personally aren't used to working like that the whole backstage of experienced guys will probably help you put your match together?

The "No Style Style" really needs some penalties/restrictions. Created a new promotion with 10 pop in Tohoku and did this show just to test it out:

nostyleshow.png

The product is quite broken. It also says nothing about broadcast or sponsorship in the product info. Maybe make an overall penalty to each segment because of the no style? You can't please everyone even if it's no style. Or atleast but severe restrictions to sponsorship money and broadcasting - they don't know what they are getting. I had a deathmatch, hardcore match and default normal matches in there.

The 70-30 or 30-70 performance/popularity divide also breaks the product and makes it incredibly OP. Why not go for 50-50?

Right now there is no reason why anyone should play with any product besides the No Style product. It's simply put the best product in the game.

EDIT: Jaded run some watcher testing, setting many promotions style to No Style and many got significantly better grades.

I can replicate cards like this one using a different product on a company with not much more overness than this one. I’m not going to tell you which one because I don’t want you to go asking for that one to get nerfed too. Why you wanna limit people from using a product that gives them freedom is beyond me, it’s not like this is a competitive game.

Most need revision and different perspectives offered. I'm not saying this is how it was done but sure seems like one persons perception of what products consist of being represented. I disagree with many of the definitions and that's not mentioning the ones not included.

I suggest rethinking the process that led to these being represented in game as they are and changing that to avoid this situation. Game was planned to be released by now and the community is still being asked to test and fix products. If that alone doesn't indicate this feature is an issue and needs more thought I don't know what does.