Thunderverse Discussion Thread

• Replies 726
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thanks to everyone for playing along with the countdown too. We didn't expect someone to work it out from the very first picture, but it was fun all the same. Particularly when PhenomenalPat decided to throw a curveball into the mix. :D

This must've been already asked at some point, but I'm not sure what to search for to find it - what app/program do they use to create characters for Thunderverse?

The renders? Pretty sure either J or Hero said they use Daz 3D the other day. Same tool most Cornellverse renderers use.

493377099_AaronPricepromises.jpg.c71bee3e378ccaa844ff65fedee80994.jpg

My AWF game is going really interesting so far. I assume everyone is busy playing but I have had a blast. So many people wanting to put over Aaron Price, who I was happy to just leave at an upper midcard level but he now might be in line for a push I was planning on giving to Daryl Lance. I rehired Giroux to come in and put over some guys, try and use his overness. I had him lose to Lance at the Feb PPV and Lance didn't get a single point of overness at all. I did use the protect note on Giroux but other than that theres no reason he shouldn't have got at least a few points of pop. Either way, I am thinking of pivoting to Price and have him as my eventual number 2 face behind Derrick Romeo.

Hows everyone else's games going? Any interesting developments/observations?

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Grfcboy95" data-cite="Grfcboy95" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="47493" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>[ATTACH]7856[/ATTACH]<p> </p><p> My AWF game is going really interesting so far. I assume everyone is busy playing but I have had a blast. So many people wanting to put over Aaron Price, who I was happy to just leave at an upper midcard level but he now might be in line for a push I was planning on giving to Daryl Lance. I rehired Giroux to come in and put over some guys, try and use his overness. I had him lose to Lance at the Feb PPV and Lance didn't get a single point of overness at all. I did use the protect note on Giroux but other than that theres no reason he shouldn't have got at least a few points of pop. Either way, I am thinking of pivoting to Price and have him as my eventual number 2 face behind Derrick Romeo.</p><p> </p><p> Hows everyone else's games going? Any interesting developments/observations?</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> </p><p> I'm only 3 shows into my save with AWF working towards the first PPV but your workers must know something mine don't because I wouldn't look at Price and have 'superstar' scream out at me. Great worker but would never have considered him for a monster push the way you could be lining up for him. If people start coming forward with those offers for Eddy Lemaitre or Sharif Awar in my save well now we're talking. Out of curiosity, I'm guessing Samoa Afasa is Leati Iaukea?</p><p> </p><p> My first signings were Caleb Adonis & Lenny Rhodes being teamed as heels known as The Fabulous Duo with Adrienne returning to manage them. I've also snapped up Prophecy out of retirement who'll come and work a program with Core. Given it's 70/30 pop/in-ring there shouldn't be too much dinging for the vet given his stats are still excellent despite his age.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Sco xY2Jx" data-cite="Sco xY2Jx" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="47493" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I'm only 3 shows into my save with AWF working towards the first PPV but your workers must know something mine don't because I wouldn't look at Price and have 'superstar' scream out at me. Great worker but would never have considered him for a monster push the way you could be lining up for him. If people start coming forward with those offers for Eddy Lemaitre or Sharif Awar in my save well now we're talking. Out of curiosity, I'm guessing Samoa Afasa is Leati Iaukea?<p> </p><p> My first signings were Caleb Adonis & Lenny Rhodes being teamed as heels known as The Fabulous Duo with Adrienne returning to manage them. I've also snapped up Prophecy out of retirement who'll come and work a program with Core. Given it's 70/30 pop/in-ring there shouldn't be too much dinging for the vet given his stats are still excellent despite his age.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I'm honestly with you, my first month I definitely didn't have any plans for him beyond being my upper midcard guy, someone a genuine heel could beat and mean something but never main event. I think he has a good destiny roll in my save because I also got the news item about him receiving a push? I can't remember exactly how it goes but I think it has something to do with his pop cap? And yeah if Giroux and Core want to put him over it seems like there's something to it. I just hit the April PPV and Price is dropping the US title to Edi Kadivar thanks to interference from Core, so I'll be running that feud first. If he puts up solid numbers, improves a bit then Price could be off to the races as far as I'm concerned. I consider this feud to be his big moment to break out.</p><p> </p><p> Sharif Awar is also getting a push obviously, he's too good to ignore. I just kicked off a Awar Vs Giroux program. I envision it culminating in Awar getting a win at Wrestlefest but Giroux is going to build up all the heat on the way there. Eddy Lemaitre is on my NBT list but he's just so unknown I need a good program to get him going in the undercard. </p><p> </p><p> And yeah Samoa Afasa is Leati Iaukea. I didn't like his original name and in his bio it mentions his uncle Afasa the Headhunter. I thought with bringing him into AWF I'd give him a new ring name, and I see him in a similar vein to Roman Reigns and Samoa Joe (hence the Samoa prefix). </p><p> </p><p> I've made a decent amount of roster changes. Merengue, Corporal Punishment both got poached by PWI (literally not sad about either of them going) once they hit big size. I cut the starlets division as it feels a bit half assed in AWF, and honestly I never give the women the time they deserve. I kept a few with good entertainment stats and made them managers (Amy Ladner is managing Iaukea for example). I also got rid of Riley Johansen because my owner goal was to not sign or re-sign anyone with less than 60 athleticism. Jobbed all the of the guys out before they left too. I like that tag team you've gone with, Division feels light in AWF. I signed the Bollywood Knights to be ALPHA's next feud after the Devastators. I also got Jake Boone to put him back with N8 Omega and i'm building them up with a feud against the High Rollers. My TV time has been tight but I do like booking a shorter show, it makes it easier to get through them. Other signings include Tyshawn Martial, Cross, Tori Esparza, Dread Nocturn and Bryce Christensen.</p>

Question for someone a little more seasoned in T-Verse since this is my first time playing it. I'm trying to learn AWF.

AWF Retribution is a new show presumably debuting in the first week of January 2021, but the first show I'm booking says it's #40? The reason I am assuming it's a new show is because Jonah Huntley's bio says he debuted on the final Shockwave of the year and you would expect that to be a big moment on an A show - but that show isn't active. Unless Retribution was a 'B' show for awhile but now is the A show?

Do I just need to stop reading into this so much and use my imagination? Does anybody even care or is it just me. LOL

In my GBWF game, Sylvain Charles has decided to relocate to Wales. He was then an hour late to pick up his travel partner for a show in Newcastle... :rolleyes:

The same day Sylvain relocated, Adam Nagasaki suffered a fractured rib on an indy show in Cardiff. Given that the match was against The Blood Brothers I shouldn't be massively surprised, I suppose, but I do wish these random Independent Shows would be a bit more careful with my roster!

http://puroresu.de/wp-content/uploads/2021/07/UPJ.png

The Kinjo era! [April 2021]

DISCLAIMER: I have never played more than an in-game month of T-Verse before in any version of the game. My good pal Dalton convinced me to give the mod another try and I toyed around with ideas for my first save. I had my eyes on GSW, LETHAL, HoH and UPJ -- The latter won and now we're here. I'm a big puro fan, so UPJ should be my hobbyhorse after watching puro for ages and having a long running diary with WCG.

As my first act I adjust most of the schedule. Why? Just for fun reasons. My free time is limited with two kids, a full time job with different working shifts and, of course, my diaries -- So it doesn't make sense for me to run 3450 Korakuen Hall shows on a tour. The Ozeki Summit, Procession Of Champions and Hall Of Immortals stayed in their positions while others were shoved around a bit. I love to sprinkle tiny shows here and there, just like the old "New Japan Live In xx" shows before Bushiroad took over.

January: Ultimate Showdown In Fukuoka (Bonus two day tournament for the inaugral UPJ Intercontinental title)

February: Unity In Sapporo, Unity In Hiroshima

March-April: Two tiny non televised shows in Sendai and Fukushima, Ozeki Summit

April: Junior Tag Mountain Climb (Three day knockout tourney)

May: Emperor's Festival (golden week-ish show), First Voyage In Osaka

June: Procession Of Champions

July: Junior Mountain Climb

August: Summer Fever In Yokohama

September: Blue Rhino Cup

October: Anniversary Parade

November: Hall Of Immortals

December: Winter Spirit In Nagoya

As you can see I created an IC title. Honestly I'm not the biggest "second tier" title guy, but I kinda like to have it for a couple of years. I'm thinking about renaming the International Heavyweight to World Heavyweight just for aesthetics reasons tho, I mean International and Intercontinental is a bit.. weird to have.

I hired a tons of guys to booster the juniors for example or just to have a more diverse roster or just for my personal taste which is Bishop for example. I'm a Giant Bernard guy, I loved his NJPW run and Bishop is literally Bernard. He's old and not that good anymore but I love him, so he came back to UPJ. Other hirings were Go Takahashi, Talisman, KAMIKAZE, Fergus Storm , Nobuhisa Yasutaka and more. Speaking of Nobuhisa Yasutaka, he was a part of the two day IC-tournament and did pretty well..

It was a sixteen men tournament, the last four were Yasutake, Waotaka Eda, Juro Deguchi and his nemesis Oda Yamawaki. Deguchi defeated Yamawaki and had to face the new guy Yasutake. The 44 year old Deguchi locked in his Hold to defeat Yasutaka to become the first UPJ Intercontinental titleholder. Yes the Shinsuke Nakamura vibes were one of the main reasons to give him the title in first place! Spoiler here, Deguchi didn't that great to be honest. Maybe I've got higher expectation.. Deguchi was impressed with Yasutake and offered him a place in HardRock City, which was accepted.

All default factions are still active, but I have my eyes on the United Throne to be honest. The faction doesn't make sense when you have a whole Hontai, so they all can fight in the Main Unit. "HRC" hired Nobuhusa Yasutaka (Like I said before) and young Jin Haryko. Ignite Muscle Army got Bishop, still thinking about adding juniors to the group and last but not least the Kinjo-jidai went for KAMIKAZE and Shinji Uchikawa.

What about the first shows? Kintaro Kinjo may already 40 years old, but this guy is still the best wrestler out there. Kinjo defeated Erik van Rijn in January and went on to beat newly debuted Bishop in February to enter the Ozeki Summit as the reigning champion. Juro Deguchi's first and only title defense was against Ryotaro Naruto in February in Sapporo, which got a 69 rating. A bummer. Junior champion still reign supreme over the division with a successful title defenses against Hidetsugu Genji (Jan) and Jin Fujiwara (Feb). The whole Fujiwara-Kozue stuff isn't over yet, but I don't see anyone who could beat him beside Furosoto. Shingo Hashi is at DIASPORA now, Thunder Iesada retired and of Goto they got rid off -- The last Junior champs are all gone except Kozue and Furosoto. The division needs fresh faces asap.

Jr. Tag Team titles are still over the shoulders of Cameron Cody and Junichi Matsuo, who defeated Nakada & Yamada and the Tokyo Tigers in the first months. Nakada & Yamada won a special tag match just before the Ozeki Summit and challenged again for the jr. tag strap. The Heavyweight tag scene went a bit messy! Atonga and Ebisawa has beaten the team of Eda and Torture but just days before their next titlematch against Strength & Honour Atonga got injured and the title were vacated. Typical stuff here when the replacement team, of all things Eda and Torture, came in and won the titles.

Ozeki Summit, twenty men, one prize -- Block A was stacked with stars like Kintaro Kinjo, EVR, Juro Deguchi, Katsuhiko Ishii and the returning Scott Nicholls. To the surprise of many it was Ishii who pinned EVR on the last day of Block A to advance to his first final!! Kinjo, Nicholls, EVR and Deguchi were left behind.

Block B were lead by Kato and Oda Yamawaki until the last block day. Kato could have write history to be the first guy who manage to win the Summit three times in a row, but the Three-peat was denied by Yamawaki. To be honest I wasn't sure about the decision, I kinda like the fact that Kato could have write history but in the end I did not pull the trigger.

So it came down to Ishii and Yamawaki - Who will be the winner and face the champion at Procession Of Champions? Oda Yamawaki used the Tokyo Tower to beat Katsuhiko Ishii after 34 minutes in a grueling fight. After losing the title to Kintaro Kinjo twice, Yamawaki needs to beat Kinjo now, provided that Kinjo is still the champion in June. Nevertheless the achievement is big for Ishii and the first seed for the future was planted with reaching the finals..

Wow! Don't want to spoil anything but some of the changes in the US are cool! Spent an hour starting my AWF save just looking through all the workers and bios catching up with everything!

One of my biggest peeves with the original Thunderverse was that the world was very static with obvious unrealistically slotted orgs into 3 obvious groups. Small, Regional, and Cult with few deviations. And from a gameplay perspective, this was a neat idea, but it also meant that each company was a little too by the numbers beyond the gimmicks/RW comparisons. If this is improved and nothing else it will be a huge success for me.