What's Going on in Your Game?

12 minutes ago, xRainx said:

I'm two years into a RTG game as a women's promotion in the Tri-State region, and I'm pretty sure that this save hates women's wrestling.

In 2020, Alina America (QAW champion and the ace of the company) died in an accident. Now, at the end of 2021, Talia Quinzel (my champion and ace) just broke her neck in a title defense against Lucy Stone-McFly, who won the title in an audible. Talia had been my champion for nearly 2 years, and Lucy has about 2 months of experience as a pro.

Was her neck injury Lucy's fault?

44 minutes ago, Mokoa said:

Was her neck injury Lucy's fault?

Luckily, it was not! Unluckily, CWA decided to go on a hiring spree despite being $4 million in the hole. And guess who their first fire was..... Lucy Stone-McFly! So I gave Lucy a short month reign and transitioned the title over to Danielle Sweetheart. Dropping the belt to Danielle was always the plan, but not quite so soon. Lucy's been developing quickly, and I wanted to give her at least a few months.

The save has been relatively painless so far, so I had all of this coming, but man... It really hits all at once.

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, xRainx said:

Luckily, it was not! Unluckily, CWA decided to go on a hiring spree despite being $4 million in the hole. And guess who their first fire was..... Lucy Stone-McFly! So I gave Lucy a short month reign and transitioned the title over to Danielle Sweetheart. Dropping the belt to Danielle was always the plan, but not quite so soon. Lucy's been developing quickly, and I wanted to give her at least a few months.

The save has been relatively painless so far, so I had all of this coming, but man... It really hits all at once.

That reminds me of an old save I had as 5SSW where my champion Yuma Maruya decided to announce her retirement a week into the save. A midcard workhorse in Sae Akutagawa left the company not even a month in and HEART Saitoh had a neck injury because of a botch from Eri Sato, who she was feuding with. 

It's a shame that you lost Lucy and was forced to hotshot the belt.  Also, Alina America must be missed as she was a big name you could use in a situation like this.

On 6/27/2022 at 12:51 PM, MaiTyLer said:

WrestleLyfe: Year 5 (May 2024 - January 2025)

WrestleLyfe: Year 6 (January 2025-January 2026)

1 year later after a bit of IRL neglect, getting a job, and new forums, Ozfest 19 (XIX) has finally been booked, published, and come out as our second best ever show at a 90, While I was you know what blocked by the Go home TV show with a 91 🤡. The wrestling world is going through a sort of new boom, with Wrestleworld helping make alot of the indies become almost super indies, but they don't really offer large contracts out, the only real one was Costal Zone, and they have grown to the point of being out of Wrestleworld, and competing with the big 3 (Although they are really struggling to steal anyone of note). The other fresh indies are doing fine, only Sumatra Championship Wrestling are in the red (Mexico fed I've used as a tax write off because I don't really need the money, but I'm on my last go to save them) and no one has folded since CWA in Canada in '24.

My 5K Alliance feud has reached its "Climax" as Jack Avatar beat his partner, Rod Sullivan, & Champ Lynx to win the APW Commonwealth Title, I'm not going to lie, I was kinda scared they would reach the right amount of match ratings to justify the switch, but the story was there, and in teh span of a month, Jack went from 60s to 78s, the journey has been complete. Now for the next part..Him and Yuta are still Tag Champs, I'm thinking of vacating them, which I don't like to do, but A its my save why care and B I don't have to suck all the newly gained pop off of them just yet, might have to consult the Booking Committee thread.  JT Ace retained his Aussie Belt over Pumpkin Jack, Ace has been up the card, but he still is a work in progress, he only did a 51 to Jack's 79, he's on a whole other level, but Jack is starting to get inside his own head after a month out with a sprained ankle, thought of giving him the belt in a shock short reign but mess with my backstage I don't forget. The Quest (Kian Owens and Louie Louis) had an awesome match with SubUrban Legend and Killer B, Brisbane Devil ended a six month feud with Pookie Possum, and Christian Gerard won a battle royal for a title shot. All of these guys are the backbones of the rooster, but good lord Legend and Gerard are the two standouts for simply best like holy hell, they just entered a program with each other based on that alone. Will Beaumont beat Buckminster Snark in a match to both have Will on da card and have Snark get alittle more over to hopefully move into the upper midcard. Other noteworthy things are The Children of Sport won a 4v4 lol, Monday Next wrestled the pre-show since the time decline is finally starting to hit him and hit him hard, and "The Kiwi Supremacist" Paul Reinhold won a showcase match, as he has become one of my favorite gimmicks. The next year (and my last as according to my game rules, will mostly be about using all these big names to finally overtake RAW in terms of ratings (I'm so close) and complete the finally legacy of my huge storyline idea.

6 years in game and USPW still are the dominate force in wrestling, although the war with SWF is still decently close, but Rocky Golden "USED ONLYFANS" and as such was cancelled and let go. Thus the hit in star power has been a decent turning point. 21CW are seemingly recovering from the big talent raids in the early 2020s by pushing Apollo Prince, and TCW is still chugging alone decently, although if someone wants their top guy is usually a no contest. T-Bone Bright has be up and down as top guy but he seems to being doing good, although if Greg Gauge wasn't out with a Torn Rotator Cuff, you must think he'd have the big one over there. Japan is basically how it is at the start, BHOTWG are #1, I think only in terms of just in game data (pop) are PGHW are #2, as I think if they had just a bit more points EXODUS 2010 would blow them out of the water 9/10 times, WLW 7/10. Mexico exists, nothing else of note.

Playing with the RTG rolls are fun, and overall I think this is the longest save I ever had at this point, hoping to bang out the next shows when I get the time.

Edited by MaiTyLer
  • Thanks 1

Started a WWF game on the 1995 mod, first time on this one.  I’ve done 1994 multiple times before, I think the WWF roster is a tiny bit better in ’95, but still pretty rough.  I’m trying not to sign a bunch of free agents right off the bat…but it’s hard not to! 

Anywho, here is my first show.  Definitely a transition period as I rebuild the roster…but it could’ve been a lot worse!

WWF In Your House

September 1995

Show Rating: 83

Rey Mysterio defeated Jeff Jarrett.  Mysterio was accompanied by Ricky Steamboat, whose had issues with Double J recently.  Jarrett attempted to use his guitar, but Steamboat would stop him!  Mysterio would catch Jarrett a rollup for the win. (61)

Dean Douglas defeated 1-2-3 Kid. (63)

The Miracle Violence Connection (Steve Williams & Terry Gordy) defeated The Body Donnas. (61)

Razor Razor defeated Sycho Sid by Disqualification.  During the match, Vader would make his surprise debut in WWF, attacking Razor Ramon!  Clearly, Ted DiBiase has signed Vader to the Million Dollar Corporation!  (81)

Bret Hart defeated Hunter Hearst Helmsley. Per rules of the match, Bret Hart receives one more match with Jerry Lawler, and also gets to choose the stipulations!  (85, MOTN)

Smokin' Gunns defeated The Million Dollar Corporation (King Kong Bundy & Tatanka).  Tired of his losing ways, Ted DiBiase and Bundy would walk out on Tatanka post-match.  (58)

The Undertaker defeated Kama in a Street Fight. (81)

The British Bulldog & Owen Hart defeated The Two Dudes With Attitude to RETAIN the WWF World Tag Team Championship.  Much to the shock of everyone, the Bulldog would pin WWF World Heavyweight Champion Diesel.  But...it would be after he struck Diesel with Jim Cornette's Tennis Racket, which would be revealed post-match to be loaded with a horseshoe!  (84)

• Like 1

Currently in October 1993 in my WWF 1985-present day game with the awesome Risky Business mod. Just finished Wrestling World Series 1993, my primary men's elimination tournament, and things are going pretty smoothly. Gonna write down a "quick" recap of 1993 so far.

The Main Event
The year started with the first episode of Monday Night RAW (at the same time I switched to the AI controlled WCW and set up Nitro for them, to have a ratings battle from the first episode), where Bret Hart regained his WWF Championship from Jumbo Tsuruta, who had goaded him into putting his title on the line at last year's Wrestling World Series finals, and then won after interference from the debuting Yokozuna. Bret went on to retain his title against Tsuruta at the Royal Rumble, where The Undertaker would win the Rumble match for the first time. 

At WrestleMania IX, The Undertaker beat Bret Hart to capture his first WWF Championship. On the same night, Owen Hart & Davey Boy Smith lost their World Tag Team Titles to the Steiner Brothers. This would prove to be the catalyst for 1993's main feud - Bret vs. Owen. The next night on RAW, after tension had already been building in the Hart Foundation for about half a year, Owen turned on Davey Boy, and stormed off when Bret confronted him. What followed was the story of the envious younger brother wanting to battle the figurehead of the company, the WWF Champion Bret Hart. Bret refused to fight his younger brother, and Owen snapped, completing his heel turn by attacking Bret with a chair and stomping on his neck (in this world, Bret had a serious spine and neck injury in 1987, that almost cut his career short). Bret wouldn't return until the King of the Ring pay-per-view 2 months later.

Meanwhile, Yokozuna managed to capture the WWF Championship from The Undertaker with a lot of help from Mr. Fuji and Jim Cornette. He would go on to defend the title against Taker and then Randy Savage. 

At the King of the Ring pay-per-view, Sting (very much a WWF guy in this world) faced Owen Hart in the semi-finals, while Vader fought Lex Luger. Sting would defeat Owen after Bret returned to distract his younger brother. After the match, Bret finally accepted Owen's challenge, and a match between the two was set for SummerSlam.

Sting would go on to win the King of the Ring tournament, beating Vader in the final, and earning himself a shot at Yokozuna's WWF Championship at SummerSlam. At SummerSlam 1993, Owen got the upset victory over his older brother, defeating him with a quick small package in 27:45 (99). Sting won the WWF Championship in the main event, beating Yokozuna by pinfall, the first time the big man has been pinned.

The Wrestling World Series started on the RAW after SummerSlam, and saw Bret and Owen on opposite sides of the bracket. As fate would have it, they would enter the Wrestling World Series 1993 pay-per-view as semi-finalists. Bret beat Yokozuna by submission with the sharpshooter in 14:38 (97) and Owen beat Sting after pinning him with his feet on the ropes in 18:37 (88). There they were, Bret vs. Owen II, in the finals of WWF's premier tournament. Bret vanquished his younger brother in 29:40 in only the third 100 rated match in this 8 1/2 year long save. 1-1.

Owen beat Sting in tournament. One could argue this makes him a valid contender for Sting's WWF Heavyweight Championship. 

The Rest
Shawn Michaels is the current Intercontinental Champion in his second reign, capturing the title in a ladder match against Ricky Steamboat at WrestleMania IX.

The tag team division is finally flourishing after stagnating for quite some time. Spearheaded by Emerald Dragon (Misawa & Steamboat), current champions Damage Inc. (Bam Bam & John Tenta), the Deadly Duo (Steve Austin & Steve Williams), and the Steiners, things are looking up, and the first Tag Team Classic was held in July 1993, where Emerald Dragon beat the Steiner Brothers in the finals. 

The Television title scene makes for quality midcard action and serves as a great starting point for younger talent, and something to do for the veterans. The recently returned Paul Orndorff is currently on a tear after beating record 8-time champion Tito Santana for the belt.

And after a rough couple of early years, that nonetheless saw me feature them prominently, the women's division is finally producing high quality matches. This is mostly thanks to the joshis, seeing as the list of former champions is populated with 80s AJW talent, but I'm a massive fan of that era, so hey. Chigusa Nagayo is the current champion, with her title victory over three-time champ Jaguar Yokota getting a neat 86 rating. Major players include the other three-time champ Cindy Maranne, who is a GLOW girl, two-time Lois Shamrock (random gen), the aforementioned Yokota, and Lioness Asuka, who holds the record for longest reign (May '91-April '93). I'm ignoring Moolah's reign because it's silly, with the in-universe reason being that Moolah walked out on me in 1985. Originally Wendi Richter held the record, but she left for WCW, so I had Asuka break it. She's currently off filming a movie, but thankfully only left shortly after WrestleMania IX, where she dropped the title to Lois Shamrock. Asuka is #4 on my "Franchise Players" list in Creative, and is sitting at 90 pop.

I imported all female yet-to-debut workers from the 70s CVerse mod to spice up women's wrestling all over the world. I'd much rather feature them than dozens of random gens. Cat Quine is currently in WCW, who are doing absolutely nothing with her despite the 98 SQ. I'm gonna try to snatch her up once her current contract comes to an end.

Speaking of WCW, their biggest stars are Andre (still going strong in '93!), Hogan, and Warrior. And yet their current world champion is... Tiger Conway Jr. (no offense). The ratings battle is quite close, but WWF has won every week so far. 

Alright, massive post. Title histories (love them) and then I'm out!

https://imgur.com/a/rwg4Y2U

Im playing as NWA:Florida but under the premise Billy Corgan brought out the NWA then instead and rebranded to just NWA. Started small and got in a few new guys from the time mainly The Hardys and Christian Cage as Edge was already signed to the WWF. I managed to convince Rick Rude to come out of retirement in 1999 and along with Ric Flair who left WCW as his contract was up because of his hatred for Bischoff and Dustin Rhodes leaving WWF we had three major stars to carry us into the millennium. We signed hot prospects Kurt Angle and Batista along with a young CM Punk and then starting stealing workers as we hit medium pretty quickly throwing tonnes of Smashing Pumpkins money at it. Our biggest get was Dean Malenko who carried us as NWA World Heavyweight Champion with Harley Race as his manager who had been with us since 1998 trying to find the next World Champion and he finally did with Malenko. 

2000 we pushed down hard on the accelerator with Eddie Guerrero and Rey Mysterio jumping from WCW and finally Owen Hart coming in and aligning with Ric Flair turning on Dustin Rhodes and Flair's faction Fortune (damn WCW copyright) to create their own faction Evolution and luring Batista from Tully Blanchard (another former world champion in 1998-99 who feuded heavily with Flair who retired and became a manager). In the middle of 2000 AJPW had been sinking and although they had the four pillars still they had signed a retired Inoki to a 550k a month deal and were in the red for all of 2000 so we swooped in before the deadline and brought AJPW under the NWA brand. This led to the heel Kenta Kobashi along with his tag partner in the game Ogawa and Akiyama coming over to create Burning and then the wrestling world shook with a big angle where Dusty Rhodes (head of the NWA Committee) announced the purchase of AJPW and that Inoki will be joining the Committee as the representative which led to Giant Baba to come out and attack Inoki and Dusty due to being angry at Inoki making his company go under.

There was no mention of Baba again on NWA tv until the first NWA & AJPW World Tag League in May 2001 (two 8 team bracket round robin tournament) where The Premier Athletes (Christian York & Caprice Coleman) were being crowed on the final night when Baba reappeared with Stan Hansen and The Holy Demon Army who had appeared in the tag league too. They all attacked Dusty and other NWA wrestlers and staff before brutally attacking Dutch Mantell who was on the announce desk to close the show with other AJPW wrestlers joining them to open the AJPW invasion. The invasion lasted the rest of 2001 with big matches between AJPW and NWA wrestlers and some NWA guys deflecting to AJPW due to their treatment in NWA and ended in December at the winner takes all Warzone PPV where each side would get a point for each match they won. Burning didn't represent either side as they consider themselves better than both brands and that didn't help the score sheet when they won the three way trios match and AJPW got one on the NWA by paying for Sid (he was a guy you could hire to attack anyone) to represent them in the Immunity Battle Royal which he won but NWA came out on top with Angle beating Dr Death in the main event for the World Title.

2002 was another weird year as WCW fired Bischoff as the CEO due to poor performance in February and replaced him with Jimmy Hart who made Scott Hall the head booker. With this Jimmy accepted an invite to join the NWA alliance which made more waves across the wrestling world as Sting was given a chance against Kobashi for the world title which he won and took the NWA Heavyweight title back to WCW but would appear on NWA programming too. Batista eventually beat Sting later in the year to cement his rise as the top babyface of the company after turning on Flair which caused Flair to turn on Owen Hart and create his Flair Appreciation Society with his son David and Cousin Arn Anderson and his nephews the Modern Andersons (Doug Basham renamed Doug Anderson and a young Karl Anderson) which left Owen turning face and re-joining Bret Hart and Davey Boy Smiths Hart Foundation.

Were currently just in 2003 and heading into our biggest event of the year Hard Times for Hard Times 6 which will be main evented by The Greatest Technical Wrestler of all time Kurt Angle vs The Animal Batista as Angle won the bunkhouse stampede cage match the month prior to get a shot at Batista.

On this card we also have CM Punk (who debuted in 1999 in Gary Harts evil New Church but once that disbanded he left the NWA and went to AJPW and was a member of AJPW in the invasion) face off against Rick Rude. back in December we had NWA Rising Sun which is a PPV where AJPW wrestlers will face off against NWA wrestlers and Rude is on a mission to prove he can still hang with the young wrestlers so he called out AJPWs hottest prospect CM Punk who agreed to face him and did beat him, Rude asked for a rematch which he cheated in and now the final match between the two is coming up.

Davey Boy Smith will face Chris Jericho in a dog collar match because since August 2002 when Eddie Guerrero broke his back in a match against Davey, Jericho has been blaming Davey for being "unsafe to his best friend Eddie" when in reality he has nothing to do with Eddie. This involved Jericho conducted interviews with fake people who claimed to be Daveys neighbour and that he would power slam them for asking him simple things and even power slam their dogs. They have faced off before but Jericho did cheat to win and now this is the big blow off match between the two.

Mick Foley returned last month after Cactus Jack was taken out by The Unnatural Dustin Rhodes for months and Cactus' whereabout are currently unknown so Foley is here for revenge for his friend Cactus Jack. Jack challenged Dustin to a Cell of Horrors match which Dusty accepted as he's upset his son has taken to the dark side listening to Jake The Snake Roberts.

Steve Austin debuted in the NWA also in January 2003 demanding Batista come out and face him but by interrupting Burnings interview to call out Batista is caused Austin to be in the crosshairs of Kenta Kobashi who with Masahiro Chono as the new member of Burning is out for revenge on Austin and the two will face off at Hard Times.

The NWA tag titles have been passed around the three major teams of NWA since the takeover in 1998 which are The Version 1 Hardyz (The Hardys had a rebrand with Matts version 1 gimmick and Jeff got alot more daring and added face paint), The Premier Athletes (Christian York and Caprice Coleman who have turned face but believe they are the premier athletes in the NWA) and The Brothers Cage (Christian Cage and Adam Cage aka Edge. Christian joined at the start in 1998 but Edge only came in mid 2002 so he was named after Christian to keep the brothers gimmick) who have all had matches against each other with various stipulations but now NWA Committee member Larry Zybsko has had enough of all their antics with ladders, chair and tables and put them all in the first ever Tables Ladders and Chair Match along with the Hart Brothers (Bret and Owen Hart) as the fourth team in this crazy match which the NWA Committee loved the idea and this is where we are.

Our final big feud match will involve Fortunes new leader AJ Styles and Ric Flair. Fortune was created by Ric Flair as his face group (basically the horsemen but WCW had the copyright) and the original members were Tim Storm, Dustin Rhodes and Barry Windham. Flair eventually turned on him going heel to align with Owen because of his jealously of Dustin when Dustin won the world title. Dustin took over the leadership of fortune and under Dustin Fortune flourished and when Jim Cornette joined them they grew and grew until Adam Pearce who was pissed with the new Fortune trialists and led Lance Storm to turn and join with his former partner and former fortune member Chris Candido to make a new trio and eventually a Las Vegas Street Fight match with Dustin and Pearce saw Pearce win and Jake Roberts kidnap Dustin. Months passed until Dustin returned as The Unnatural leaving Fortune leaderless. They all voted and a young AJ Styles was made leader of the big face group. Flair has just returned from rethinking what he wants from wrestling after losing a title match and decided he's going to destroy what he created in Fortune which has led to this match.

We'll also have the Junior Heavyweight Title defended who the current holder is Naomichi Marufuji. The MTV Title (were on the MTV network and if you get to 10 defences you cash in for a world title shot) will be defended too and the holder is currently D'Lo Brown and finally we will have the Hard Times Battle Royal where the rest of the roster fight for a title shot at the next PPV Flirting with Disaster.

Edited by wumbology55
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, James The Animator said:

That looks like a great success story, wumbology55! But after watching a Markyd video this morning I was inspired to look up the complete opposite of a success, my 2013 TNA save. I don’t think I’ve ever shared the stories from this save, so buckle up because it’s full steam ahead~! 

My UC is Jeff Jarrett, and I am booking with Dixie Carter as the owner. From the start I knew it was going to be tough, as I immediately had to drop to an Afternoon time slot on Spike after failing their minimum show grade for the previous time slot twice in a row. I also had just over $70K in the bank, when I had several roster members on $100K+ monthly written contracts. However, while both of these hurt me, neither of them measure up to the biggest obstacle to my success in this save: the locker room!

Yes, I am guaranteed at least two negative incidents per show, and my backstage rating has been sitting at 0% since the first six weeks. I sent away some of the toxic influences too (Joey Ryan, Brooke Hogan, Eric Bischoff, etc.), but there were just too many people with negative personality types. I’ve had many walkouts, some of the most notable being Taz (beat up Chris Sabin/got mad about being suspended), Wes Brisco (picked a fight with Bully Ray and got beat up/mad about being suspended), Devon (Same story as Wes, but with KURT ANGLE as the victim), Samoa Joe (wasn’t mad, but decided it was time to leave less than a month after renewing his contract. What a Chad!), and funnily enough Chris Sabin (mad about being fined - even worse, he was my X DIVISION CHAMPION at the time!) The only two guys I’ve outright fired for their locker room antics are Jessie Godderz & Knux, the latter of whom won a $95K wrongful termination lawsuit against us.

I also lost both Tara (the former Victoria) and Taryn Terrell to WWE, which genuinely surprised me. The Hogans and Bischoffs have been allowed to leave, and I fired many members of the locker room who were on written deals in the aftermath of Bound for Glory. I’m working with a skeleton crew now, consisting of the best main event guys and a lot of young, hungry indy guys and gals on handshake deals.

Now onto the real content here, the storylines! Despite the many, MANY bumps in the road getting there, Bound for Glory wasn’t radically different from the real show. Like reality, AJ beat Bully Ray for the World title in the main event after winning the BFG series. In my world, AJ has been undefeated since returning in time for Slammiversary 2013. Aces & Eights fell to pieces as I fired/suspended most of the members in reality, which actually worked very well with my storyline as Mr. Anderson destroyed the group from the inside after becoming its Vice President. Anderson turning on Ray in the main event and then beating him on Impact two weeks later put a stake in the angle’s heart.

Meanwhile, Bad Influence have been tag team champions for nearly six months, though they’ve defended the title far less times than they should have as a result of both men entering the BFG series. Velvet Sky and Kenny King won the Knockouts and X Division titles respectively at Bound for Glory (Gail Kim was the previous KO champ, and the X title was vacant per Sabin walking out). Hopefully the new talent I have brought in can revitalize all of these divisions, as they start out pretty weak.

So, in mid-November I’m $3.5M in the hole. AJ & Sting’s contracts are coming up in a few months. I have no earthly idea how I’m going to recover this company. But I believe it can be done. Wish me luck!

TNA 2013 is such a good challenge. Talented roster with some goofs hogging all the money. Best of luck, you're gonna need it 😉

1 hour ago, James The Animator said:

That looks like a great success story, wumbology55! But after watching a Markyd video this morning I was inspired to look up the complete opposite of a success, my 2013 TNA save. I don’t think I’ve ever shared the stories from this save, so buckle up because it’s full steam ahead~! 

My UC is Jeff Jarrett, and I am booking with Dixie Carter as the owner. From the start I knew it was going to be tough, as I immediately had to drop to an Afternoon time slot on Spike after failing their minimum show grade for the previous time slot twice in a row. I also had just over $70K in the bank, when I had several roster members on $100K+ monthly written contracts. However, while both of these hurt me, neither of them measure up to the biggest obstacle to my success in this save: the locker room!

Yes, I am guaranteed at least two negative incidents per show, and my backstage rating has been sitting at 0% since the first six weeks. I sent away some of the toxic influences too (Joey Ryan, Brooke Hogan, Eric Bischoff, etc.), but there were just too many people with negative personality types. I’ve had many walkouts, some of the most notable being Taz (beat up Chris Sabin/got mad about being suspended), Wes Brisco (picked a fight with Bully Ray and got beat up/mad about being suspended), Devon (Same story as Wes, but with KURT ANGLE as the victim), Samoa Joe (wasn’t mad, but decided it was time to leave less than a month after renewing his contract. What a Chad!), and funnily enough Chris Sabin (mad about being fined - even worse, he was my X DIVISION CHAMPION at the time!) The only two guys I’ve outright fired for their locker room antics are Jessie Godderz & Knux, the latter of whom won a $95K wrongful termination lawsuit against us.

I also lost both Tara (the former Victoria) and Taryn Terrell to WWE, which genuinely surprised me. The Hogans and Bischoffs have been allowed to leave, and I fired many members of the locker room who were on written deals in the aftermath of Bound for Glory. I’m working with a skeleton crew now, consisting of the best main event guys and a lot of young, hungry indy guys and gals on handshake deals.

Now onto the real content here, the storylines! Despite the many, MANY bumps in the road getting there, Bound for Glory wasn’t radically different from the real show. Like reality, AJ beat Bully Ray for the World title in the main event after winning the BFG series. In my world, AJ has been undefeated since returning in time for Slammiversary 2013. Aces & Eights fell to pieces as I fired/suspended most of the members in reality, which actually worked very well with my storyline as Mr. Anderson destroyed the group from the inside after becoming its Vice President. Anderson turning on Ray in the main event and then beating him on Impact two weeks later put a stake in the angle’s heart.

Meanwhile, Bad Influence have been tag team champions for nearly six months, though they’ve defended the title far less times than they should have as a result of both men entering the BFG series. Velvet Sky and Kenny King won the Knockouts and X Division titles respectively at Bound for Glory (Gail Kim was the previous KO champ, and the X title was vacant per Sabin walking out). Hopefully the new talent I have brought in can revitalize all of these divisions, as they start out pretty weak.

So, in mid-November I’m $3.5M in the hole. AJ & Sting’s contracts are coming up in a few months. I have no earthly idea how I’m going to recover this company. But I believe it can be done. Wish me luck!

I've yet to have a save with this level of insanity.

Then again, most of my saves have been real-world WWE saves.

3 hours ago, James The Animator said:

Keep us updated!!!

• Like 1

On 9/9/2022 at 10:24 PM, James The Animator said:

Woof what a disaster backstage! I'm intrigued to play a game with this much chaos as it adds a whole other level of challenge! keep us updated!

In my 2005 RW game, now in 06, there's this ramshackle little promotion named Chaotic Wrestling. They put on modest little shows, no one shows up, they start losing the 10,000 dollars they had, and they decide to sell their training center. To my shock, that dojo sold for 7 MILLION DOLLARS and they received 2,500,000 of that money after taxes and general fees. Now they are richer than Ring of Honor and were able to hire Kevin Nash, Monty Brown and Tommy Dreamer. But to be honest, all that money isn't helping them get any deals or popularity.

I just started a new storyline in my 1995 save. We just passed Survivor Series 1998 and Kane has had an off and on again feud with the Corporation. Kane had recently started a friendship with Sable leading up to the PPV, but at Survivor Series she turned on Kane and reveled that she had been in cahoots with Vince the whole time. Now after Survivor Series Vince has demanded that Kane see a therapist to deal with his emotions, Dr. Don Callis is the therapist and is convincing Kane that everyone manipulation him is all in his head and that he and Sable are actually madly in love with each other. I am not sure where this story is going but I just keep picturing 1998 Kane not speaking at all and involved in these ridiculous segments.

• Haha 1

One of the greatest COTT World Heavyweight Championship reigns has come to an end...

You wouldn't have thought that to be the case when Jonnie Perez beat Cali Slick for the title on an October 2023 episode of CZCW Coast To Coast. The show was taped back then, and Slick hadn't defended the title in three months. After Jonnie won it, he went to New York to defend it two weeks later.

That should have been a sign.

Perez defended the title three times in October alone. He racked up a record 25 defenses over his 11 month reign. He was in the main event on seven occasions (five in MAW including the 2024 RCI, once in ACPW, and once in IPW) His most frequent challengers were Kenny Callaway and Guerrero Muerto, both of whom he defended against three times. He had one four-way match in ACPW and two three-way  matches, both in IPW.

Guerrero Muerto was the one who would eventually end Perez's reign, defeating him at OLLIE's El Dia Nacional de Lucha show. That match was also the best one of his run, scoring a 77 rating.

And for the last four months of his reign he was also (and still is) the Coastal Zone Champion, winning it from a departing El Jaguar at Surf Slam in June.

Started at Tiny with a created fed owned by my user character (Robert Montgomery Sr). Classic balanced product so popularity and work rate grade closely - the women produce some high ratings. Most of my Main Event is old and decrepit (Caulfield, Doug Peak, The McWades, Savage Fury) but hoping to build some names along the way. Was just outside the range for two releases from the Big 3, but hopefully the one signing will help move me along to the next level. 

In the C-Verse 97 mod, it septemmber of 97 and AMW is going out of business. (real shocker i know) BUT XFW has been bought out two months ago and is now a developmental territory for SWF and DAVE has been bought out and closed down by SFW. With that, Nemesis joins PPPW in what should give them the East Coast Wars over RPW and NYCW

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I'm running my version of WWE (it's actually a merged company where WCW survived and bought out WWF and ECW) in December 2003. I've got a random gen who's super-over, so I've pushed him to the moon, and he beat Kurt Angle in a Last Man Standing Match for the WCW World Heavyweight title at Starrcade. Bischoff is the CEO of the company, and Paul Heyman is the Head Booker/UC. Gonna see how all that goes.

I've set up a series of "super house shows" in Ireland and the UK (Dublin, Belfast, Glasgow, Manchester, London, and Cardiff) just to have some appearances there. I also am planning to showcase some of my British and Irish talent that I have in my dev promotion IWW (including Sheamus, Drew, Jody Fleisch, Claudio, Paul Tracey, etc.) for the mini-tour. That oughta be fun considering I don't run TV during December. I'll take off a few days before running Tribute to the Troops for the first time.

(Side note: I ran the Dublin show and had my champion defend against Prince Devitt, who's actually the Cruiserweight Champion for my American dev promotion Southeastern Championship Wrestling. They pulled a 95 rating in a show-stealing main event.)

I'll come back in January with Greed for my "Nitro brand" and Royal Rumble for my "SmackDown brand". Looking forward to see how this all works out.

St.T

27 minutes ago, same-old-davey said:

Passing time in my RL 2006-07 game, and I just watched WWE buy up the Motor City Machine Guns, both on the same day. But here's the twist: Shelley got to debut on Smackdown against Shawn Michaels, while Sabin was banished to Ohio. Why you gotta flex on Chris Sabin so hard, Vince?

IMO, Shelley is more known than Sabin. I knew about Shelley years before he got famous and never heard of Sabin until MCMG. That is probably why. Vince doesn't NEED Sabin but see's potential when his older guys leave. At least that's how I would interpret that if it was in my game.

14 hours ago, djskeemask said:

IMO, Shelley is more known than Sabin. I knew about Shelley years before he got famous and never heard of Sabin until MCMG. That is probably why. Vince doesn't NEED Sabin but see's potential when his older guys leave. At least that's how I would interpret that if it was in my game.

Sabin was killing it in TNA and ROH for quite a few years before the Machine Guns and won the X-Division title like 3 or 4 times before the Guns were ever formed. Sabin was on a bigger platform more regularly than Shelley, who was mostly relegated to ROH(smaller promotion with no TV deal at the time) with occasional short TNA runs. So in 2006, Sabin would definitely be a bigger name than Shelley IMO.  

Sabin was also considered one of the best wrestlers in the world with his original X-Division run. 

11 hours ago, Jaysin said:

Sabin was killing it in TNA and ROH for quite a few years before the Machine Guns and won the X-Division title like 3 or 4 times before the Guns were ever formed. Sabin was on a bigger platform more regularly than Shelley, who was mostly relegated to ROH(smaller promotion with no TV deal at the time) with occasional short TNA runs. So in 2006, Sabin would definitely be a bigger name than Shelley IMO.  

Sabin was also considered one of the best wrestlers in the world with his original X-Division run. 

I didn't know. I can honestly say I've never seen anything from TNA.