What's Going on in Your Game?

On 11/10/2022 at 7:34 PM, The Nickman said:

Actually, having WWF not owning WCW and just having them as Sister companies with Talent Trading activated may still be the best way to go.

I did this by having one company with separate brands (WWF and WCW). This is basically how I'm doing my current save.

St.T

just had a 1st year quick run with MAW!

Bradley Blaze has been a nice champ, but I finally pushed Miller Fforde that won the Rip Chord Invitational and the Mid Atlantic Championship title @ the season finale. Next one who's gonna receive a major push is The Architect.

Signed Dreadnought who's now already Well Known in the area, after a dominant monster heel push. The plan is probably to keep him undefeated until 2021 season finale where he is going to face Joey Fili.

Added The Hot Taggs to my tag team division, alongside Ozzie Goldstein (Oscar Golden) and Flash Savage who are currently tag champs. I like the HB Express a lot and won't mind them as next titles holders.

The American title floated a little: Deuce Deadline had few months as champ before dropping the title to Harvey Robbinfield.

On Night of Champions event, former TCW star Dazzling Dave Diamond made his debut for MAW and became COTT World Champ after defeating Masked Cougar, while Nate DeMarcus & Gray defeated Phoenix II & North Star Jr to won the COTT Tag Team titles. Finally MAW had takeover COTT. 

Edited by Wrestling Machine

On 11/14/2022 at 4:52 AM, Fleisch said:

I've named my PPV events all after 1940's or 1950's movies as I wanted a unique theme to them and currently have a 2 hour and 1 hour TV show. The title belts are CRUSH World, CRUSH World Tag Team and my secondary belt I decided to call the CRUSH California Dream title - don't ask me why - I just liked the sound of it, being unique to most other titles.

On 11/14/2022 at 7:25 PM, Old School Fan said:

My thought there is that it harkens back to the song "California Dreamin'" by the Mamas and the Papas from 1965 (later famously covered by the Beach Boys in 1986).  😉

Also  famously potentially written by Charles Manson (albeit with the lyrics heavily changed[do not quote me on this, I heard it in a documentary once])..

Good name for a title though

• 2 weeks later...

Been a while since I've posted here due to a lot of real life stuff and what not, but here we go: NJPW 1992-2005.

My Main Event:

I've been booking HHH's reign of terror but in NJPW, largely because he did fuck all, as WWF never hired him. Most of my gaijin hires were intentionally to get WWF/WCW to take them from me, and it's been successful so far. Triple H has held the IWGP Heavyweight title for over 400 days at this point. 8 defenses. He has defeated every man possible, with Keiji Mutoh being the last of the 3 Musketeers, all he needed to do was win the G1. Done. Mutoh now can do what Chono and Hashimoto have failed to do, but can he do it alone? Or does he tap into the Great Muta persona that has become a power-up like transformation? Wrestle Kingdom arrives, and it IS the Great Muta! Unfortunately, not even that can stop the Game at this point. Leaving all 3 Musketeers vanquished at the hands of the Cerebral Assassin. 

Important Undercard:

Misawa has hit a sharp decline, thanks to him pretty much joining NJPW in 1999 and wrestling about 15 matches due to being this games version of facking Dwayne Johnson. He just won't stop doing shitty major movies! But alas, he still gets a fantastic send off (as he hates losing to anyone, and I can only job him out very little without feeling weird since its Misawa) against the future of the company, Hiroshi Tanahashi. With Tanahashi defeating Misawa, and technically retiring him as this was Misawa's final singles match, Tanahashi has only one last objective, play the Game.

Elsewhere:

Minoru Suzuki and Masashi Gannosuke have fallen, despite all the dirty tricks to Shinya Hashimoto and Kensuke Sasaki, Sasaki enjoys constant success, now making him a 5x IWGP Heavyweight Tag Team champion, the first four with Hiroshi Hase. More impressive, the duo of Hashimoto and Sasaki won the Super Tag League, Sasaki's 3rd and Hashimoto's 2nd time.

Ultimo Dragon & his protégé Dragon Kid have stomped out the nefarious Suzuki-gun in a lower weight division as well. MAZADA and Hooligan were unable to dastardly cheat their way, forcing Suzuki-gun to lose all of the gold in their possession this WK showing.

Perhaps the Year of the Gaijin is coming to a close, as more title changes include DDP (who is 48 and not declining? Like wtf.) losing his IWGP United States championship to Masakatsu Funaki, and Bret Hart (47 and NOT declining) was unable to stop the onslaught that is Jun Akiyama. 

Lastly, the NEVER Openweight title, formerly known as the U-30 title (I ran out of talented sub 30 workers, so... had to speed this up too ok?) was won by a man who would never have been able to qualify otherwise! Akira Taue! Who shocked Yuji Nagata and earned the victory via a Chokeslam!

There were other matches that require a lot of storytelling to explain the process behind it that aren't for a title, but these were the major ones that were for a title. Thanks for reading!

• Like 5

On 11/29/2022 at 3:27 AM, Peria said:

Been a while since I've posted here due to a lot of real life stuff and what not, but here we go: NJPW 1992-2005.

My Main Event:

I've been booking HHH's reign of terror but in NJPW, largely because he did fuck all, as WWF never hired him. Most of my gaijin hires were intentionally to get WWF/WCW to take them from me, and it's been successful so far. Triple H has held the IWGP Heavyweight title for over 400 days at this point. 8 defenses. He has defeated every man possible, with Keiji Mutoh being the last of the 3 Musketeers, all he needed to do was win the G1. Done. Mutoh now can do what Chono and Hashimoto have failed to do, but can he do it alone? Or does he tap into the Great Muta persona that has become a power-up like transformation? Wrestle Kingdom arrives, and it IS the Great Muta! Unfortunately, not even that can stop the Game at this point. Leaving all 3 Musketeers vanquished at the hands of the Cerebral Assassin. 

Important Undercard:

Misawa has hit a sharp decline, thanks to him pretty much joining NJPW in 1999 and wrestling about 15 matches due to being this games version of facking Dwayne Johnson. He just won't stop doing shitty major movies! But alas, he still gets a fantastic send off (as he hates losing to anyone, and I can only job him out very little without feeling weird since its Misawa) against the future of the company, Hiroshi Tanahashi. With Tanahashi defeating Misawa, and technically retiring him as this was Misawa's final singles match, Tanahashi has only one last objective, play the Game.

Elsewhere:

Minoru Suzuki and Masashi Gannosuke have fallen, despite all the dirty tricks to Shinya Hashimoto and Kensuke Sasaki, Sasaki enjoys constant success, now making him a 5x IWGP Heavyweight Tag Team champion, the first four with Hiroshi Hase. More impressive, the duo of Hashimoto and Sasaki won the Super Tag League, Sasaki's 3rd and Hashimoto's 2nd time.

Ultimo Dragon & his protégé Dragon Kid have stomped out the nefarious Suzuki-gun in a lower weight division as well. MAZADA and Hooligan were unable to dastardly cheat their way, forcing Suzuki-gun to lose all of the gold in their possession this WK showing.

Perhaps the Year of the Gaijin is coming to a close, as more title changes include DDP (who is 48 and not declining? Like wtf.) losing his IWGP United States championship to Masakatsu Funaki, and Bret Hart (47 and NOT declining) was unable to stop the onslaught that is Jun Akiyama. 

Lastly, the NEVER Openweight title, formerly known as the U-30 title (I ran out of talented sub 30 workers, so... had to speed this up too ok?) was won by a man who would never have been able to qualify otherwise! Akira Taue! Who shocked Yuji Nagata and earned the victory via a Chokeslam!

There were other matches that require a lot of storytelling to explain the process behind it that aren't for a title, but these were the major ones that were for a title. Thanks for reading!

This game sounds amazing still.

57 minutes ago, d12345 said:

Edd Stone is angry that I made him put someone over so now he's ruining segments with shoot comments about worker's rights...

image.thumb.png.9d011823a6044a53f8e607486101c79b.png

image.thumb.png.689203e5882cf41b7a852c6909a7409d.png

Joshua: "Edd, I may be out right now, but I want YOU, 1 on 1, in a match"

Edd: "These MFs aint paying us sh@t brother"

• Haha 1

Just started a longer-playtest of my WCW 2001 mod, only played 1-month so far, idea behind the mod is Shane McMahon actually purchases WCW in 2001 in an attempt to build his own legacy, the WCW he has is basically just the invasion wrestlers to make it more challening so no Hogan, Goldberg, ect.

So far, I've held WCW Big Bang, the big return and rebirth of WCW.

The World Heavyweight title is still held by Booker T after defeating Diamond Dallas Page in the main event of WCW's first PPV. The match was built as DDP's big return to WCW to prove he can still go, but he came up short. Earlier in the show, Lance Storm won the "Big Bang Brawl" to become the #1 Contender and will face Booker T in the main event of The Great American Bash. A Canadian challenging for the big belt at the American PPV! Storm is very much a transitional challenger, and DDP will very shortly end up back in the main event and winning the belt, as below...

DDP himself seems dejected and many think he is going to move to the announcers desk and hang up the boots. However, this is going to be a swerve as he's going to drop Shane McMahon with a Diamond Cutter when Shane offers him the commentators job and turn heel. DDP vs. Shane will happen at GAB as well, with DDP becoming WCW's big heel. Kanyon is going to also help DDP beat Shane and DDP is going to be forming a stable with Kanyon its first member. Mike Awesome will also eventually join with someone else (uncertain so far) as a tag team. A typical big heel being protected by a stable. DDP will likely run the show and win the belt until Booker T can win the belt back at Starrcade to become a 5-time, 5-time, 5-time, 5-time, 5-time WCW Champion.

Elsewhere the WCW Tag Team champions Sean O'Haire & Chuck Palumbo are simply plowing through the tag team ranks currently in WCW. Sadly the rest of the division are mostly cruiserweights and former jobber teams like the Jung Dragons, who dont give Palumbo & O'Haire much of a challenge. They have been defending the belts at every Nitro in open challenges and have another open challenge at GAB. The Headbangers of all teams are being brought in to lose! I'm not 100% sure to do with the tag division right now. I dont want to break up Palumbo & O'Haire yet, since I have other singles stars to establish. So its really a holding pattern. The Road Warriors seem the logical big speed bump to maybe bring in and run an actual fued.

The WCW Cruiserweight belt was won by Billy Kidman. Like a lot of the roster, I'm currently needing to build up the star power of the CW division which is why Kidman takes the belt of Helms. Kidman is in a feud with Chavo Guerrero Jr. for the belt, but the newly signed Nova is picking up lots of wins.

WCW retired the US title for now, but that didnt stop Buff Bagwell from bringing a secondary belt to the company again. Bagwell has declared himself the Hardcore Champion! After losing the Big Bang Brawl, Bagwell freaked out that he was even in the match as he felt he should have been in the main event. Further, he decided to focus his anger on the fact Shane McMahon signed Rob Van Dam & Tommy Dreamer and signed them to wrestler 1-on-1 in a Hardcore match at Big Bang instead of giving Bagwell the spotlight. Sick of the Extreme Failures, Bagwell said no one is more Hardcore then himself and declared himself the champion. Bagwells brand of hardcore though seems to just be low blows and eye gouges, which has so far been very effective against Tommy Dreamer and a few local talents, but at GAB he is signed to wrestler Rob Van Dam for the belt. RVD is very much being built as the future of the company alongside Booker T. Its very much the reason I dont want to split O'Haire & Palumbo and give O'Haire a push since RVD is basically going to get that run right now.

Elsewhere, WCW has Jesse James (Road Dogg), Disqo & Hugh Morrus of some name value.  Shawn Stasiak & Mark Jindrak are also beginning to focus as a tag team under Stacy Keibler and will likely become a semi-major player in the tag division.

Edited by MrCanada
  • Like 3

On 10/27/2022 at 10:00 PM, MaiTyLer said:

On 10/27/2022 at 10:00 PM, MaiTyLer said:

WrestleLyfe: Year 6 (January 2026-June 2026)

The time has come, I have finally booked the true end of the Jack Avatar & Yuta Isono saga. I'll be focusing on this whole bit since the other feuds while good on their own right, are eclipsed by how big in scale this storyline was/is still, but I'll summarize real quick. SubUrban Legend & Christopher Gerard, as well as Lynx & Rod Sullivan have been in 5-6 month long blood feuds, Will Beaumont has been feuding with Goliath Global (The Duo & Buckminster Snark), The Children of Sport (Semi Parody stable) have been feuding with some lower teir faces to push them up the card, & Brisbaine Devil has been suffering from LACKOFATTENTIONFROMBOOKERMAN-itis.

Anyway, back to what really matters. Jack & Yuta's alliance wasn't strained at all in the aftermath of Ozfest 19, they worked well together to isolate faces and make sure they're attentions weren't 100% there in matches, such as using Killer B to distract SubUrban Legend (and using Gerard to cost him a rematch after Geard didn't get pinned in a triple threat) or overwhelming Will Beaumont even after he took out Snark. but all good things must come to an end, and it all started with their tag titles. Beating the Gold Coast Express in their home region should have been an easy day, but a vengful Will Beaumont cost Yuta his balance and caused him to get pinned after more then a year as champs. Afterwards Yuta admitted his mistakes, he even went on to challenge and beat Will Beaumont at the following event (with an assist from Sean Quartermainne) but the tensions had started to form. Even in terms of wrestling, it wasn't much, little stares while the other wasn't looking, whispers on social media, rumors of a backstage confrontation right after the tag title loss, but it all happened within a month, and as such it slowly snowballed into a larger and larger conflict. When Rod Sullivan became the next failed challenger against Jack's title reign, the world was shocked when Yuta Isono challenged him for the title at Caged Showdown the following month, but no one was more stunned then both Jack & Sean. Yuta said he wanted to prove himself, win or lose, that they were always what they said the 5K Alliance was, EQUAL. The challenge was friendly, no cheating, no funny business, no Sean even as with the name's tradition it would be in a steel cage. The man known as Jack Avatar was in a tough position now, he liked Yuta, he really did, but did he love that title more. Quartermainne was seen talking with Jack, assumingly telling him to call the match off, not to ruin the stable he helped build to screw over APW. Tensions where high, as tag matches descended into screaming matches, backstage interviews cancelled, and different rental cars used, but on the go home show of Caged Showdown, it all came to a head. 

APW Must See TV, Episode #233, the opening of the show was interrupted by Jack Avatar coming out unannounced and...telling the truth. Jack respected Isono, and his challenge even more, and while he wanted to keep that title, he wanted to keep his integrity even more. He called out not Isono, but Quartermainne for telling him to cheat, to use a weapon like brass knucks and they'd find a more loyal, less opportunistic partner to replace him. Instead it was Sean who would be "fired" and Jack promising to keep things civil, and no longer using advice from a washed out old man in the business, in their match, and even took an open challenged as self imposed punishment for his previous actions right after. Somewhat overdramatic but it seemed to get the point across, as Yuta would shake the mans hand and even toasted some champagne as the show went off the air. The main event the next day, the match everyone wanted to see, Jack Avatar, the champion, vs his partner and friend, Yuta Isono, for the most important match of either mans lives. It was an epic match, one of the greatest in APW's history, and a real back and forth with few shenanigans. They didn't rely on the cage, instead trying to outwrestle the other, submission holds, high spots, bombs, anything to put the other man down. It all came to a head in the thirty minute mark, as false finish after false finish lead to Yuta Isono hitting a huge right on Jack into the Isono Face Melter for a shock sudden but deserved win. The crowd was wild, and a match like that needs a slowdown reply of every spot, especially that final stretch. Did Yuta pull something out of his trunks at the last second?

Yuta used brass knuckles.

The crowd had turned in a second, and Yuta was ALL FOR IT, if you can't beat em as they say. Sean even made a example of it as he joined the brutal beatdown on Jack, now taking away on stretch from the pool of his own blood, as Isono's master plan had finally come to fruition. He would later reveal that he didn't even have the idea of the knucks or joining with Sean until AFTER Jack's little speech, he thought it would be funny to salt the wound JUST a little more, after all, Jack would surly have done the same at some point, its just how this business works. The PPV ends as the previous TV did, with the 5K minus our American Hero celebrating...with a nice glass of champagne.

The final stretch of my APW time is at hand, and we won't be seeing Jack for sometime, what happens next, even I can't really say. Outside of APW nothing of huge importance has happened. Nicky Champion no longer being the ACE of USPW hasn't slowed their roll as top dog, SWF is somewhat struggling after losing Rocky Golden, as well as being stretched thin with two A-Shows. Europe has a more vibrant wrestling landscape then Canada with the fallout of CWA's demise still floating around. Robert Oxford's passing leaves TCW in a tight spot of Road Agents, and the World Wide Wrestling Boom continues thanks to WrestleWorld being a surprising force for good. In non-kayfabe news I'm started to clash hard with owner James J McMinister, who picked up a smoking, drinking, and drug habit all right after the next, lovely. He's started to test my patience and I think any hope of me staying down under is dead with him constantly doing random stuff backstage (would make for a good dynasty tbh lol). 

See you all at Ozfest, when we finally close this chapter in my longest save ever.

WrestleLyfe: Year 7 (June 2026-January 2027)

Well, its finally time, Ozfest XX, the final event I'll be booking for APW before I hit the long dusty trail. So many fun storylines, most if not all of my upper-mid/main event players on the card, I'll go over the card from bottom to top, so the more famous stories will be near the end of the post for those interested (not anyone lol).

The Children of Sport's Scientific Darkness (Lothar Prellinger & Pumpkin Jack) retained their tag titles against former champs The Gold Coast Express (Jesse Tasman & Robert Frost) & Goliath Globals Buckminster Snark & John Gordon in an exciting show stealing opener. Capturing the titles in August's Championship Carnival, The Children of Sport finally came into their own by starting to make life hell for the rest of the roster, from keep the titles at any cost, from slowly climbing up to challenge for the Aussie & Commonwealth titles as well, It was Pookie Possum that tried to get in the way of Goliath Global, being the key to Pumpkin Jack's pin over his heated enemy Snark (the two have fought on and off for the better part of the year).

A 30 man battle royal featuring many of APW's stars from openers to main eventers, (Such as Killer B, Monday Next, Pookie Possum, Nighthawk, & The Great Sora (Avatar)) The 2027 Battle of Australia was won by Kian Owens, cheating to tip new enemy JT Ace over the top. The two have come to blows as The Quest (Louie Louis & Kian Owens) frustrations to gain the APW world title resulted in a feud of one-upmanship with rising sensation Ace. This feud should not be over with anytime soon, but for now Kian Owens will get another shot at that coveted APW championship.

Rod Sullivan and Christopher Gerard had a long technical slugfest to prove the future of APW, with Rod Sullivan coming out on top, just barley. This feud was a small bit in the making, coming out of the last couple of months as Rod Sullivan was a "wrestling friend" helping out other babyfaces in their tag team main event shenanigans, which drew the ire of Gerard as he thinks Sullivan doesn't cut it to be in APW, where everyman is for themselves. If I was booking more, I doubt this was continue more then it has (2 months)

Paul Reinhold has spent 8 months talking about how New Zealand is the better Oceanic Island, and used his equally long reign as Australian Champion to prove that the Kiwi way of life is simply superior to all others. Nevermind that nearly all 18 historic title defenses were all in the category of "Cheating" and "Tainted" and "Not at all sanctioned", Paul Reinhold was proving that at OZfest, it would be everyone's New Zealand Hero retaining the belt, or atleast he assumed until Rob Edwards knocked him out cold in 10 minutes to win his first APW title. Paul has been a blast to book with his fun New Zealand gimmick, and him finally ascending to the top of the card was great, but Rob Edwards quick rise help put my mind at ease about my misuse of him. I never book monsters well, and often Rob would not even BE on the card itself, but in the span of three months he's become the monster I've always failed to make him, and added a shiny new title to him as well.

Brisbane Devil screwed Will Beaumont in the lead up to the show, costing him a #1 contenders match and beating him down in an effort to take Will's place as the APW ACE. he worked hard and fought will, but it was a quick rollup by Beaumont that lead to the Devil's defeat. Fight smarter not harder. Brisbane is also like Rod Edwards, a monster that I would never really pull the lever on. while he lost here I booked it in a way that showcased how tough an opponent Devil is, and if I had another year, I could see him picking up the top belt for sure. As for Will, despite being the figurative ACE, I'm not afraid to have him lose, its the chase that's money as they always say.

Now the one we all want to hear about, the Jack Avatar vs Yuta Isono, the big storyline for this time of the same. After winning the APW Commonwealth title in May, the former 5K Alliance member would go on to defeat a good number of the APW main event scene before another scheduled (and cheated) defense against Suburban Legend lead to something he and Sean Quartermainne had been mocking for the better part of a month, THE RETURN OF JACK AVATAR. Avatar let his former ally know, he was gunning for him, and wouldn't stop until he got that win. Yuta would make life hell for Jack as he had to compete in tag matches, eight mans, narrowly avoided matches with Yuta, Jack could never get his hands on Yuta in a one on one, until OzFest. Yuta fought smart however, Yuta had barley wrestled for months while Jack Avatar had wrestled every TV and PPV. Yuta didn't slack on training tho, and showed up tonight, with every move a counter, every attack calculated, and every cheat in the book pulled out...

but it wasn't enough...

Jack Avatar finally got the big win with an All-American Slam, taking out his former partner after 25+ minutes, settling once and for all he was the better man.

That wasn't the main event however, THAT was SubUrban Legend defending his APW Commonwealth title against Lynx, in a spectacular show of work and story. SubUrban's reign on top was a long time coming, and was often badmouthed by Lynx, a former champion himself. Dealing with Rod Sullivan, Will Beaumont, & Pookie Possum, he achieved the exact opposite of Legend who took on all major heels, (Devil, Owens, Gerard, Pumpkin Jack, Yuta), and the two had been destined to come to blows since October. Lynx was out to show why he's one of the best in APW, but SubUrban Legend proved why he is one of the best in Pro Wrestling, by going over 20 minutes in a fast paced match, ending with a clean cut pin.

And that's it, that's my APW career, I'm not sure where to go from here, in honesty I thought of keeping on the APW train but my owner is addicted to nearly all the drugs, and is making backstage hell for those not in his clique with Pumpkin Jack, so in story and in game i have a nice reason to leave so I'll take it for old times sake, so no more fun in the land down under. There's certainly options, TCW is struggling hard against the talent trades of USPW, SWF nearly just as much. Japan has been fairly stagnant and could use some shacking up. Mexico is EILL territory, but their booking is often one note, so maybe I take my money and time there, or give an opponent like OLLIE, EMLL, or Sumatra Championship Wrestling a much needed edge. Back to Europe, The British Isles, or even go to India's sole promotion, its interesting to see who will be calling. 

or maybe its time I think of myself, and myself alone...

Anyway that's another thing of WrestleLyfe done, hope this was interesting enough, it has been for me atleast lol.

• Like 3

I just got back into my game again after a few months and built to a moment that went perfectly and was my first 99 segment in a long time (and first ever that was action based- all of the others were verbal between Jack Bruce and Spencer Spade).  I've been working to make Spencer Spade my figurehead, but he's been a still heel the first three months since choosing him so I needed a plan to turn him.

I have a relatively new evil stable led by Scythe that has taken over and taken the main title off Primus Allen (my top face) and after Primus lost his temper a few times in matches leading up to the title rematch, he then lost the rematch.  He wanted the title shot at the next show, but so did spade so Jack Bruce made a match between the two.  Spade won a close match and Primus flipped out and went way too far attacking him after the match so they both flipped face/heel and it got a 99 over 8 minutes and made it my best show at 83.  I also gave Spade and Laramee back the tag titles at the ppv Primus had the title shot, so I need to figure out how I want to deal with that.

I do have a question on the turn though.  I had to cancel and restart the turn a few times as both people get a lot of TV time and it seems every appearance counts towards it.  Any way to select segments that count?

Also, and odd thing happened the day after.  The newsfeed says the vultures are circling USPW and they are expected to release talent to avoid going under.  They are still number 1 in the world, up 5M just a week into the month with 168M in the bank.  It appears they fell to medium

Edited by liontamer
  • Like 1

image.jpeg.891053bdd84f83c6ea6a5c4728da9823.jpeg

My next event for new upstart extreme company DOA, run by Madman Boone, we are just starting out, Boone himself is holding our God of Gore title and is feuding with Toma and Bull Wrecker and they will face off in a 3-Way Dance House of Horrors Deathmatch in the main event.

The Outlaw Mudshow title is set to be defended as the New York Doll defends against rival Dead Man Walken, as well the first ever Gangland champions are set to be crowned as Sayeed Ali, Gravedigga, & Mobstar are set to face off with Canadian imports Mosher, Shiva, & Waldo Odlaw in a light tube deathmatch. 

Howlin Mad Mort is getting his first ever solo run, deciding though to take on the legendary McWade brothers by himself, he will surely need some help but the question is from who?

June 2029 with the default data. My user-created promotion is now Titanic and ranked #1 in the world.

The early stars were Davis Wayne Newton, Fro Sure, Ant-Man and Grimm Quibble. Newton and Ant-Man are still going strong, Sure is declining and Quibble is stuck in the uppercard. Razan Okamoto just replaced Fro Sure as the figurehead.

Spencer Spade and Greg Gauge have recently joined and gone straight to the main event, while Tommy Cornell Jr just signed a long-term contract.

The big news is that CWA are about to go bust and I have the opportunity to buy them out. I'm trying to work out whether to take them over as a development territory, or to pillage them and set up my own development territory. The former seems more straightforward but I am not sure there is much value in having a Big sized development territory.

After a few test runs, I'm gonna try and play a randomizer game. As in: all contracts deleted, all promotions set to Ins and given 1 million bucks to start, and removed the ages for owner/booker. So everybody gotta scramble for stars at the beginning of the game. I will be using the 1983 mod as it is small, yet has all the major regions.

And a twist: I as the watcher-god will grant bonus popularity and TV deals to the companies that get the best workers. After a couple months, after everybody has hired, got the bonus and hired a few more, I'll jump in and try to work a stable promotion with whoever is left. Now that's a challenge.

First couple days report:

- Inoki snaps up All Japan and starts turbo-hiring before anyone else. Akio Sato, Tenryu, Choshu, Fujinami and such. He will be getting the biggest bonus.

- Kevin Von Erich took over Southwest. Eager to see if he hires his family.

- Bob Geigel grabbed MACW, immediately made friends with three companies, and declared war on Georgia. What are you planning?

• Like 2

Any BCG player should remember to upgrade the dojo if they plan on keeping it. I forgot and ended up with some absolute trash.

It's all my fault too for not refusing these horrid graduates. Like, what do I even do with this?

image.thumb.png.f69329e00c4125cfee7a73ff2494c15a.png

Speaking of dojos, PGHW just sold theirs as they've been in the red for months. IDK what's gonna happen to the company, but hopefully better than in TEW16. Seeing Kozue wander aimlessly without PGHW and getting fat was pretty sad coz BurnHam refused so sign him and nobody else could afford to.

CILL - December 2021 

This has been my home save since the summer so that I don't advance too far into the CGC diary and I can be flexible with my plans, and it has been a blast. 

Monkey Man held the CILL World Championship for 704 days and 20 title defenses. In that time he beat EILL cast offs and lucha libre legends in pretty okay matches, but what stood out was his feud with Aztec Prince. From bloody enemies to respectful rivals, their rivalry ended in a brutal cage match (the first in company history) with Monkey Man victorious. After that, the two became friendly rivals a la Goku and Vegeta, and established the Mega Powers because I am not a creative person. They won the tag team titles together which they still hold. 

Monkey Man dropped to El Serpiente just because he is a stellar talent, and the rest of the roster has been a playground for beefy luchadors: The most success has been had by Ragnar The Viking, El Toro De Oro Jr, El Ladron, even Serpiente bulked up to Middleweight to get his title run. After Dia de Lucha Brilliante 2021, we got an 1 hour TV show (Bombardeo) with Canal Tres, and I am changing products to Lucha Libre Slobberknocker in order to secure our own niche in the market (the biggest complaint about CILL is that they're just a lucha company). 

Of course, this is all leading to the Mega Powers...colliding and Monkey Man vs Aztec Prince Lucha de Apuestas in 2022. 

Meanwhile, I got a very lucky break with the Women's division because Celeste Moon left CMLL so I have enough quality for them to main event shows frequently without me burning through all my fresh matchups. I definitely have an issue when booking women however, unless they're the whole company I give the women's division less thought than I'd like (it will also be interesting to see if the product change affects them negatively). 

I'd like some ways to freshen things up (maybe a tournament or an event where special things happen), but I am really really pleased with how this has turned out. I have also been really lucky with raids since no one important has left, Hush is still doing his thing for instance.

85E02E3D-234C-4844-AC21-0CBAC0FBF701.thumb.png.22163975a5d788f4907f7b211abb164c.png

- Kevin Steen was paired with MVP w/ mvp acting as the mentor but WWE signed MVP. 

- Hogan and Hall’s contracts are up this month and I haven’t decided what to do yet so if I don’t renew this is their final hurrah 

- Hardy is part of a group led by Windham Rotunda called Eyes of the Devil. WALTER and the Young Bucks are also a part of it. Hardy’s story is that he’s lost and tortured. He suffers from severe mental issues and Windham can remedy that. 

- I had Shelley turn in Sabin on a recent impact cuz Shelley got signed to WWE hence loser leaves town

- The American Wolves got signed by WWE. As a result I put the tag titles on them for a short run. Wanted to do a quick threat of taking the belts to WWE, the rating didn’t pop. I had LAX cut a promo the Impact after losing the belts saying they’re getting the belts back even if they have to go to WWE. 

-  Randy Orton is on loan for 6 appearances from NJPW. This was his 3rd appearance. He lost his first match to WALTER so I wanted to make up for that. Thinking of running Angle vs Orton back again at Bound for Glory. 

- WALTER beat AJ for the title several months back and never got his rematch. So he angrily demanded it. 

- The post match video should give you enough of a hint whom I’m bringing in for Bound for Glory to face WALTER. Side note: He’s not the only major surprise :)

• Like 1

On 12/3/2022 at 4:17 PM, Zero said:

This game sounds amazing still.

Thanks for the kind words!

New Japan 1992 - April 2005

The New Japan Cup is officially done. I can't recall if I mentioned that Inoki was like 66 so, I swapped him out as my UC with Masahiro Chono. Who I believe was actually Head Booker in NJPW for some time. I wanted to shake up the game a lot by doing this. The last post didn't mention it but for the first time in a while, there are ZERO gaijin champions. Tanahashi has done what the older pillars and musketeers could not accomplish. This was another "Chono decides" idea of mine, I'll be giving the newer generations their pushes now, Marufuji for example has won the New Japan Cup! His opponent? Another man who managed to defeat Kensuke Sasaki in the semi-finals, Daisuke Sekimoto. This isn't going to always be this egregious, I still have Hashimoto, Kobashi, Kawada, and other excellent top tier talent that are still leagues better than Marufuji and Sekimoto, and to just sweep the rug out from under them would just be asinine! For now though, Tanahashi gets to be the man who ended the longest modern day IWGP Heavyweight championship reign. 

Kensuke Sasaki and Shinya Hashimoto won the Heavyweight Tag Team titles at Wrestle Kingdom this year, before that they managed to win the Super Grade Tag League. This team on paper seems insurmountable for any team currently in NJPW, Sasaki has 3 Super Grade Tag League wins, 5 tag title reigns. Hashimoto has 2 Super Grade Tag League wins, and 3 title reigns. Though this may be their first reign together, the two have been dominant since entering NJPW. Again, on paper. Since Sekigun's formation to combat Chono's nefarious NWO Japan stable (and other off-shots such as his Team 2000 stable) Hashimoto and Sasaki were recruited both by Fujinami. When Fujinami retired in 2002, Sasaki was furious he was not selected to lead, instead Fujinami selected Hashimoto. Even before then, Hashimoto was noticeably bitter that Sasaki had two back to back G1 Climax wins, but could not convert on either. Citing Sasaki's lack of dedication. The two were "friendly" rivals since. Now they both hold tag gold together, and after besting DDP & Bret Hart at Sakura Genesis, who will be their next opponent? Can they maintain their focus and not let their egos get in the way?

Meanwhile, Akiyama holds the Intercontinental title still, after successfully defending it against GBH's Hiroyoshi Tenzan. With the fall of some main eventers, guys like Kojima and Tenzan are finally rising up the ranks in a serious capacity (it helps Tenzan is finally becoming decent, while Kojima has always been pretty great) despite that though, Akiyama proved to be too much for Tenzan, and now Akiyama looks forward and continues to be a fighting champion. After defeating Tenzan, Akiyama did the calling out, as he lost to both Sasaki and Hashimoto in the G1 Climax last year, which ruined his campaign to the finals. Perhaps we will see a stipulation that allows Akiyama to put his IC title on the line for a tag title shot? 

1990. 15 years ago, Naoki Sano won the IWGP Junior Heavyweight. In 2005, at Wrestle Kingdom, he shocked everyone as he defeated Jushin "Thunder" Liger for his 2nd ever reign with the prestigious title. Sano in 1990 was inexperienced but agile and healthy, Sano in 2005? A battered down wily veteran (seriously he has 30s in every health, its bad.) After defeating a hungry Winger for his 2nd defense, he now faces a much more seasoned and tougher competitor in Hayabusa. Can Sano do it again and shock the NJPW fans by defeating another one of the elite Junior Heavyweights? 

That's all the major storylines I have going so far, the rest of the titles are just "title defense please." In case anyone is curious, most of this planned out a year in advance mostly. Some things change, sometimes I just say "screw it, give the title to X" or something. But for the most part, yeah. It's my favorite save in TEW, has been a great time.

Edited by Peria
  • Like 1