Diary Preview And Questions Thread

• 2 weeks later...

I apologize if this sounds like a dumb question, but I had an idea on my mind that I wanted to hear some feedback on.

I've been kicking around some ideas for diaries, and there were a few that I thought I should ask about. My main question would be, would you consider it appropriate for a diary to involve a fictional character as a booker in a C-Verse game, or would it be too immersion-breaking? Specifically, some characters I had in mind include Doc Louis, Frank Barone, and Wario.

I'd appreciate any feedback on this.

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="piperrulz" data-cite="piperrulz" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="47534" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Not totally made up my mind, but was wondering if anyone would be interested in me starting a 1988 WWF vs. NWA war diary?</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Yes</p>

ITLoGhh.png

Posting this here and even though it's technically not a new diary, it was first started around 18 months ago, and has a 5 month break in between seasons. So it feels a little new to me! If anybody checks it out who didn't follow season 1, RAW might look quite different to how it looks at the beginning of a TEW game. What happened in the first season definitely matters/has lead to what happens next but hopefully it can still be enjoyable for a reader to start fresh with this season.

A lot happened last season, I even had to remind myself of half of it, but if anybody does fancy trying to quickly catch up with some stuff then you can see in it's entirety...

SEASON 1 PART 1

SEASON 2 PART 2

I'll try to write up a much much shorter summary though!

My computer that I had TEW on finally kicked the bucket. The track along the bottom of the screen has been broken for over a year now and the battery life was really poor. At this point, I can't even get it to load (if I do, it takes about 30 minutes to have it workable and then it freezes).

With that in mind, I plan on buying a new one over the next month.

I have a big project in mind with TCW coming up. While some may think TCW doesn't 'fit my style', I have come to realize how much my wrestling interests have shifted over the years of writing on here. I started more 'hardcore' and then went to straight SE. Now, I find myself far more of a traditionalist than anything. Recently, I've found a fun marriage between watching AEW and listening to Jim Cornette's podcast.

I plan to book TCW as more of a realistic-like product (i.e. heights, weights, wins/loss records, rankings -- ala AEW, strong rules, etc.) with a new booker taking over.

I'm in the process of developing the aesthetic right now. That said, you'll probably see the project jump up sometime in the next month!

I'm thinking of possibly using this logo for a new version of TCW. It's influenced by the current AEW logo.

xFxVEHj.jpg

Part of me is possibly entertaining fully changing TCW's name to Total Combat Wrestling
; so, I can use Kam's awesome logo that he created (one that is very much so influenced by AEW's imagery). I don't know how comfortable I am with changing the name of the company though. The company would need a new voice coming in in which to change its name (as Kyle Rhodes probably would not outright).

8aYdDeH.jpg

As I said before, the product would keep with the traditional product already used by TCW. In this vein, the wrestling would be taken seriously and position itself more like a sport than over-the-top SE wrestling. Wrestlers would more so be reality-based; maybe with the volume turned up to a 100% (which is what I tend to like as a wrestling fan).

Ultimately, a good story is need to be told in which to make the in-ring action make sense (as it's not going to be Indy-style wrestling of non-stop moves that 'look cool').

I've also thought about cutting Total Wrestling to 90 minutes versus 120 minutes.
I went as far, at one point, to even think about bringing it down to a tight 60 minutes (placing an emphasis only on the names who can actually go). I haven't given up on that idea 100%. I'll need to play around with the product first.

AWA 1989:

A FINANCIAL SAVIOR IS (BADLY) NEEDED

IS BACK AFTER A ONE-YEAR HIATUS!

Will AWA Boss Verne Gagne...

Try to bring on a money man to give the promotion a much needed cash infusion?

...or...

Sell the company outright to new owners?

...or...

Try and save the company with the talent and resources he currently has at his disposal?

...or...

Finally wave the white flag and shut down the promotion he started in 1960?

The only way to find out the answer is to read:

AWA 1989: A Financial Savior Is (Badly) Needed!

NOW PLAYING!!!

http://www.greydogsoftware.com/forum/showthread.php?t=550793

Just started following this diary recently and it looks awesome. Can't wait to see what comes next.

Meanwhile, I have an idea for a diary involving women's wrestling:

RISE OF A STAR:

Starts at about the time of the controversial match in Atlanta in 1954 where Mildred Burke is stripped of the NWA World Women's Championship (which is then handed to June Byers in the screwjob finish cooked up between Burke's ex-husband Billy Wolfe and the local wrestling commission). Although Burke is the initial focus at the beginning, she will not be the main focus, as that will shift to a young trainee who comes under Burke's wing as the time frame shifts to the early 1960s. This diary will combine real world and fantasy elements.

I am not one to write out move by move to results to matches, usually more of a brief summary with some comments/questions as a viewer. How would you write out a Rumble? Just touch on the main points, winner, and storylines that got furthered? Do you put the order of entry, elimination, and how many they eliminated? Something else entirely?

Man, it's sad that a lot of docdroid links are down. Lots of cool diaries but I can't read half of them. :(

I was always annoyed by the docdroid diaries. Not because people used them as a format, I saw why people liked to use that format. It was mainly because my Anitvirus protection always deemed those diaries to be viruses. It happened all of the time without fail. It did not matter which writer posted a show, I was never able to read them. Which sucked because a lot of good writers used that format.

I am not one to write out move by move to results to matches, usually more of a brief summary with some comments/questions as a viewer. How would you write out a Rumble? Just touch on the main points, winner, and storylines that got furthered? Do you put the order of entry, elimination, and how many they eliminated? Something else entirely?

I went looking for my old SWF diary to show you what I did but I guess that diary was one of the ones that got purged (Which sucks because at the time it was one of the longest running diaries on the board.).

I am a lot like you, I am not one to do move by move results for matches. I don't enjoy writing it that way and I don't enjoy reading it. Also, if I am honest I probably could not visualize it in my head even if I wanted to do so.

But, and I am going off memory from a diary that was probably written in 2010 or so, I basically did what you brought up in your post. Whenever I do match write-ups I do it in the Jingo style (As I like to call it. Jingo was the first writer that I know who did it this way and I totally copied him.). What I would do is a bullet point of each major event in the match.

I start with the first two who come out and write anything relevant to what they did. Then I would write when the third worker came out, so forth, and so on. I would mention who eliminated who and at what time. I also tried to make mention of any storylines that were furthered in the match. I did this all until I got to the winner and that was that.

I believe I ended up doing a post-match summary of the other stuff even though I mentioned it in the match. Such as when each entry entered the match, when they were eliminated, and who eliminated them. I also did a breakdown of how many people each worker eliminated. Yes, it was also listed in my "match write-up" (I say it that way because it really was not much of a match write-up) but I wouldn't expect people to read a wall of text that took me like two hours to write. Hence the summary so people could get the gist of what happened in a more digestible form.

I am not sure if any of the above helped or not. I might not have explained it clearly, I tend to do that. But I hope you got a rough idea of what you could use if you wanted to do it the way I did it.

• 2 weeks later...
Hey everyone. Can anyone point me in the right direction on a few items. First, which image hosting sites work for the forums, and how do I delete a thread if I wanted to. Not sure if I am posting in the right place, but I might as well give it a shot. Thanks.

Imgur and postimg.cc work out quite well for image hosting. As for deleting a thread, can't help you there, sorry.

Thank you. Now one more question, I can't for the life of me get the image to show up. I post the link like it says when I click on the image button, but it does not show up. Any tips?

If you want your images to show up, type < first, then follow it with img src="_" (with your image's URL replacing the underscore within the quotation marks), then follow that with alt=" "> (make sure to put a single space between the first set of quotation marks and the alt) and you should get results.

If you want your images to show up, type < first, then follow it with img src="_" (with your image's URL replacing the underscore within the quotation marks), then follow that with alt=" "> (make sure to put a single space between the first set of quotation marks and the alt) and you should get results.

I don't know what I am doing wrong. If it is not too much trouble, could you post an example of how it should all look?

I don't know what I am doing wrong. If it is not too much trouble, could you post an example of how it should all look?

As someone who struggled with images for a long time myself. Make sure in the options under user cp (upper left corner) that you have all the toggles set to allow (one of them is for posting pictures)

commentsmatter.jpg

I wanted to highlight something about this forum and had nowhere else to put this post, so if you've stumbled on this - thanks for reading.

Highlighted above are (at present time) the Journals that have reader comments/contributions to them as the last comment in the thread. All of these other un-highlighted ones have comments from other people as well and tons of reader interaction. (I highlight to show you at any second this is how active this forum is, and its great)

I write on a few different forums like this (one on Operation Sports) for sports related content. There is literally no interaction and it feels like I'm posting to parts unknown. Here it feels like people.

WHATS YOUR POINT?

This forum has exceptional contributions from readers and this is a part of what makes this community great. Just wanted to send some appreciation out to all of you!! This forum is the best.

As someone who struggled with images for a long time myself. Make sure in the options under user cp (upper left corner) that you have all the toggles set to allow (one of them is for posting pictures)

Thanks for the suggestion. I have all the boxes ticked, especially the pictures one. Unfortunately still no luck. I don't know what I am doing wrong.