Diary Preview And Questions Thread

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 7/14/2023 at 4:17 AM, SomeDude said:

Potentially stupid question here, but how exactly do you get the coloured backgrounds for posts?

Not a stupid question at all,

- You first need Arlie to give you access to the source button here

- Then follow this guide to turn BBcode into html Here

- The bbcode for backgrounds within a div style is "background: rgba(Number)"

With the numbers format you can get from googling a colour then RGBA

- An Example of the code we made in my joint diary is below:

<div style=" padding: 20px; border: 5px outset rgba(214,211,39,0.67);background: rgba(204,85,0); text-align: center;">

<span style="color:#ffffff;">

Super awesome Diary content goes in here

</span>

</div>

- I'm by no means an expert / learnt by quoting other peoples diaries and "borrowing (with no intention of giving back)" sections but any questions I'm happy if you wanna message me

Edited by Strech
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, Strech said:

Not a stupid question at all,

- You first need Arlie to give you access to the source button here

- Then follow this guide to turn BBcode into html Here

- The bbcode for backgrounds within a div style is "background: rgba(Number)"

With the numbers format you can get from googling a colour then RGBA

- An Example of the code we made in my joint diary is below:

<div style=" padding: 20px; border: 5px outset rgba(214,211,39,0.67);background: rgba(204,85,0); text-align: center;">

<span style="color:#ffffff;">

Super awesome Diary content goes in here

</span>

</div>

- I'm by no means an expert / learnt by quoting other peoples diaries and "borrowing (with no intention of giving back)" sections but any questions I'm happy if you wanna message me

Appreciate you, definitely will take you up on that offer if it ends up confusing me since I have absolutely 0 coding experience.

• 5 weeks later...

In relation to how I have noticed that prediction contests are a staple of this forum; how do people feel about prediction contest prizes?

I was thinking of maybe giving out small prizes for prediction contest winners in my WCW gig (like, "Out of this selection you get to choose which worker I sign" or "Out of this group, you get to decide who I try and push", something like that) and such, or is that frowned upon?

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Steerpike said:

In relation to how I have noticed that prediction contests are a staple of this forum; how do people feel about prediction contest prizes?

I was thinking of maybe giving out small prizes for prediction contest winners in my WCW gig (like, "Out of this selection you get to choose which worker I sign" or "Out of this group, you get to decide who I try and push", something like that) and such, or is that frowned upon?

I've seen people do that without getting any pushback from either mods or users, so you'd probably be fine.

• Like 2

On 8/17/2023 at 7:17 AM, Steerpike said:

I’ve found it can be a way that people can feel engaged and want to stick with a diary more. Conversely I’ve offered prizes in the past where members have, graciously, declined stating that they want to keep the diary solely in the writer’s plans.

Its all good.

• Like 4

• 2 months later...

Mid-Atlantic Championship Wrestling

Death of The Territories Mod- 1983.

I'm not an expert on old school wrestling by any means but I love history of all things I'm into and so Wrestling falls into that. And a big "What if" Scenario is of course. What if the NWA managed to keep up the fight against the WWF. I can't promise I'll beat Vince in his goal to become National...but I'll do my best to make Jim Crockett achieve similar success and maybe...just maybe...manage to put a stop to the unfortunate sell out he had to take to Turner and keep the NWA as a staple in wrestling. Let's see if we can change wrestling history and have fun along the way, Episode one just released. 

https://forum.greydogsoftware.com/topic/56175-mid-atlantic-championship-wrestling/#comment-1469891

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Recently resparked my interest in the game while doing an RTG save so....

Bringing back my signature West Virginia Professional Wrestling soon.

Territory Daze mod, custom promotion. The idea is that JCP/NWA and WWWF are feuding over the rights to run shows in West Virginia, and a court ruling in the state judicial system has declared there only to be one solution - an independent territory influenced by both powers with the sole privileges to book shows in the Mountain State.

• Like 1

STRONG BAD: {singing} Email, email, it's time for school! Come and learn how to be partially cool!

2023-11-08(1).png.56d4e27babcbc171be739e11055bc427.png

STRONG BAD: And there's no name. Let's see, you're... {typing} "Giant Brontosaurus", from Parts Unknown. Oh yeah. Nobody short of One Man Gang could lift this guy. {clears the screen and types} Well Bronto, there's no better way to learn than by example. Follow me to my ludicrously expensive office!

{Cut to Strong Bad in a fancy suit, sitting at an executive desk. The Sizzleweight belt is hanging behind him.}

STRONG BAD: Here I am, sitting in my lavish office, surrounded by stacks of cash, championship belts, and middle-aged men weeping profusely. It's all part of the show! Now then, let's get biznizz-AY!
800px-AWMPSCE.png.0c612bec0fd913329018e2203d06e2eb.png
The wrestling federation All-World Mid-Pro Shirtless Championship Entertainment has been transported from Empty High-School Gymnasium to real life! Now they must co-exist with real wrestlers and promotions, will they become indy wrestling stars or crash and burn in millions of debt? It's all up to Strong Bad, the booker, and The Poopsmith, the owner. This series is a local to slightly-less-local diary, as I have personally added a cast of Homestar Runner characters to a game that has been running for a while. The game starts in a semi-fictional real life setting starting on November 24, 2007, when yes, wrestling came out.

• Like 2