Diary Preview And Questions Thread

I'm not planning on starting a long-term save in this game until the full release, but I've thought about trying out a diary for a little while, and I thought I'd gauge interest.

This would be a custom company, ZOOM! Wrestling, with several custom characters and the gimmick that it only hires wrestlers born in 1999 or later (I was originally going to do 2000, but that just makes things close to impossible). I'm starting with enough money to make two broadcasters so I can do a full-time schedule (weekly TV and a monthly PPV) from the beginning.

I think it's going to be interesting to have to work with so many wrestlers who are new to the C-Verse. I'm definitely going to play it regardless, but I'd be interested to know if anyone would want to read about it.

Go for it!

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="aaroncc21" data-cite="aaroncc21" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="47534" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Is there a tutorial for displaying pics/graphics within a post? <p> </p><p> Or a "test forum" where I can post and edit before posting to a diary board to make sure the pictures line up.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Theres a button beside the submit reply called preview post that shows you exactly what a post will look like once it's posted.</p>

I'm not planning on starting a long-term save in this game until the full release, but I've thought about trying out a diary for a little while, and I thought I'd gauge interest.

This would be a custom company, ZOOM! Wrestling, with several custom characters and the gimmick that it only hires wrestlers born in 1999 or later (I was originally going to do 2000, but that just makes things close to impossible). I'm starting with enough money to make two broadcasters so I can do a full-time schedule (weekly TV and a monthly PPV) from the beginning.

I think it's going to be interesting to have to work with so many wrestlers who are new to the C-Verse. I'm definitely going to play it regardless, but I'd be interested to know if anyone would want to read about it.

Will be watching....err reading

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="awesomenessofme1" data-cite="awesomenessofme1" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="47534" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I'm not planning on starting a long-term save in this game until the full release, but I've thought about trying out a diary for a little while, and I thought I'd gauge interest.<p> </p><p> This would be a custom company, ZOOM! Wrestling, with several custom characters and the gimmick that it only hires wrestlers born in 1999 or later (I was originally going to do 2000, but that just makes things close to impossible). I'm starting with enough money to make two broadcasters so I can do a full-time schedule (weekly TV and a monthly PPV) from the beginning.</p><p> </p><p> I think it's going to be interesting to have to work with so many wrestlers who are new to the C-Verse. I'm definitely going to play it regardless, but I'd be interested to know if anyone would want to read about it.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Yup, I'd def be interested!</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="crownsy" data-cite="crownsy" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="47534" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I have a dumb newbie question, how do you link to Renders and Graphics fromthe Cverse?<p> </p><p> Want to start writing my dairy, have a few shows done but want to be able to link banners and workers</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Not sure what others do, I just made an imgur account and started uploading the pictures I plan to use, but that's advice coming from someone that's never used an image in a post before.</p>

I have a dumb newbie question, how do you link to Renders and Graphics fromthe Cverse?

Want to start writing my dairy, have a few shows done but want to be able to link banners and workers

Most (maybe all at this point?) people use imgur to host their images. I then keep an excel sheet of all the names plus the BBcode (the one that starts with ) and paste them in as necessary.

Wwe 2010

Working on a WWE 2010 diary for launch. Wanted to get some feedback on how this looks. Been having a great time planning everything and making graphics. Want to incorporate a lot of WWE.com graphics as they were pushing it hard during this era.

YfcpXhU.png

is there any way, without the editor, to quickly look at what a person's finish is?

I'm going to just end up making yet another list for myself, but that would be awesome if it was just under skills or something. My first show write up I didn't cut and paste the finishes and I'll be damned if I can remember my mid card finishes ;)

Also, what do you writers do there? I'm thinking of legit just doing an excel spreadsheet with finisher name and what I think it is for write ups. (like what is a Decolt 45 in cannon? I'm going with some sort of spike DDT)

is there any way, without the editor, to quickly look at what a person's finish is?

(like what is a Decolt 45 in cannon? I'm going with some sort of spike DDT)

From Wrestling Spirit 3: The trademark finisher of Ricky DeColt, it is a Rolling Inverted DDT.

I just download the demo and look up the moves in the editor. Most are there other than the workers who debuted after 2014.

Is there any chance a mod could edit the title of my diary. It’s called “The Takeover [Cverse 2020]” but I was being vague cause I didn’t want to give the company I was using away. Now the cat is out the bag if possible could it be changed to “TCW: Glory or Death [CVerse 2020]”

What are the feelings of playing out worlds with created characters as opposed to real wrestlers or strictly holding to those already in the CVerse? I want to do a diary, but don't enjoy the game as much when I don't have my own characters to push. Are you a fan of them as long as they have pictures? Do you prefer they not be there and would skip out on anything involving them? Are you okay with anything so long as it's booked well?

Side question: Any interest in a trampoline wrestling promotion? Or indy to the top of the world story?

What are the feelings of playing out worlds with created characters as opposed to real wrestlers or strictly holding to those already in the CVerse? I want to do a diary, but don't enjoy the game as much when I don't have my own characters to push. Are you a fan of them as long as they have pictures? Do you prefer they not be there and would skip out on anything involving them? Are you okay with anything so long as it's booked well?

Side question: Any interest in a trampoline wrestling promotion? Or indy to the top of the world story?

I'm doing a diary right now with like 5 created workers, and any RtG and a lot of L2G games will have at least one. You'll be fine.

Where are we putting images these days since Photobucket's disastrous heel turn? Imgur I guess?

I use imgur. It's been easy for me to use.

I don't mind if the characters are original characters. Several people have done diaries with primarily fictional characters. Moafnsteel has one that's a local-to-whatever diary that's initial roster was all OC. I have a couple of original characters in my No Ordinary Men diary. Whatever helps you tell the story you want to tell. Pictures definitely help enhance the story but they are not required.

I'm not sure what a trampoline wrestling promotion is -- unless it's literally that -- but indy-to-top of the world are always fun.

Is there any chance a mod could edit the title of my diary. It’s called “The Takeover [Cverse 2020]” but I was being vague cause I didn’t want to give the company I was using away. Now the cat is out the bag if possible could it be changed to “TCW: Glory or Death [CVerse 2020]”

Done.

I use imgur. It's been easy for me to use.

I don't mind if the characters are original characters. Several people have done diaries with primarily fictional characters. Moafnsteel has one that's a local-to-whatever diary that's initial roster was all OC. I have a couple of original characters in my No Ordinary Men diary. Whatever helps you tell the story you want to tell. Pictures definitely help enhance the story but they are not required.

I'm not sure what a trampoline wrestling promotion is -- unless it's literally that -- but indy-to-top of the world are always fun.

Trampoline wrestling promotion is just that. Something teens used in lieu of actually having a wrestling ring to backyard wrestle in. As for pictures, the issue I'm running into mentally is that I use a lot of 'face claims' (as we call them in the RP world) that are celebrities, and I guess I'm worried bout breaking immersion.

I'm doing a diary right now with like 5 created workers, and any RtG and a lot of L2G games will have at least one. You'll be fine.

Excellent. Still trying to decide if modern or cverse but that is good to know.