Community Modding Discussion Thread

Is there a way to stop the AI from creating tag-teams? I mean if I want a promotion to book just "Basic singles and tag-team matches" but all my titles are singles, even if I fix the belts, the AI starts creating tag-teams with random names for that promotion.

I just want tag-team matches to avoid spamming the same 1vs1 matches too much, but I don't want the tag-teams to be always the same.

The best option I figured out has been to add many tag-teams, so the AI won't create more and won't use new names at least for some time, but it doesn't resolve the problem of the tag-teams being always the same, as the AI makes most of them inactive and the same wrestlers end up teaming up regularly.

I was wondering what determines whether a company will accept a trade for a certain amount of shows or not.

I initially thought it was just popularity, but I attempted to trade Andrade Almas for Rush and the other company "don't feel like they're getting a good deal".

Andrade is not only more popular in every region of the country the company is based in, but also every region worldwide.

Is Personality/Known Attributes or Star Quality/Entertainment/In-Ring skill also taken into account?

On 9/13/2023 at 9:03 PM, LordofGustav said:

I'm seriously considering creating a mod with fictional user characters intended to use in RW mods, but i'm thinking of making packs for decades so they can fit properly.

Therefore, does anyone know here where i can find generic photos of people?

One of the AI face generators out there could be useful with this. I believe there's an AI face generator on Canva for example

• 4 weeks later...
On 9/25/2023 at 6:50 PM, Ping von Erich said:

What in yalls opinion is the most complete, most accurate, most playable real world data out there regardless of year?

very late answer to your question, but for me it has to be the BigPapa's Yes Mod (2013) or Fleisch's excellent 1992 mod. Any game I want to play, I kind of base on those years. 

Sure the RWC are still excellent quality but as a lapsed fan, I haven't fired one of those up in a couple of years 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi everyone!

I've been thinking about creating a new Fictional World Mod for some time now, as the CVerse is starting to get tighter and tighter for obvious reasons of longevity. AI's help in creating renders and logos would make the work significantly easier and faster, but ofc there are lots of things to do in a brand-new DB. I think it's a good start to throw out the hook here on the Forum, to see if anyone else would be interested in join a workgroup and create a new high-quality Universe with new companies and their stories, 1000+ new workers, HQ renders, logos and titles, etc.

If no one should be interested, I will get over it and still continue to enjoy TEW2020 lol but if we should be able to create a workgroup of interested Modders, well, something catchy might come out!

• 1 month later...

How reliable is aging/de-aging when importing a worker from a mod to another ? Obviously, I'd assume it is also influenced by how similar the way of rating workers is between the two mod authors, but if they have relatively similar ways of doing so, how reliable is that tool ?

I'm tempted to mass import workers from one mod to another one who's missing quite a few future workers, but as they're not set at approximatively the same time, some of the workers from the mod I'd import from have already debuted multiple years before. However, I'm worried using the de-aging tool would make them less talented than they should (specially for smaller names of the indy scene, as they already tend to be quite less skilled anyway), and not using it would make them far more talented and bring the risk of having midcarders be able to reach main eventer skill levels because they'd start with their 10 years of training and experience already.

• 2 weeks later...

Anybody have any idea how I've done this?

I have been trying to update a 2001 MOD starting in January to force WCW to sell up (much the same as they did in real life)

Set them to be property of Time Warner (Broadcaster) and they now close at the end of January due to Time Warner ceasing trading (This has happened on 2 run throughs now).

When I look into the Media Group - Time Warner, there are no other details available to edit other than the name, as ideally I'd like to move their closure on a month or two?

Closure.png

1 hour ago, s7eve_s said:

Anybody have any idea how I've done this?

I have been trying to update a 2001 MOD starting in January to force WCW to sell up (much the same as they did in real life)

Set them to be property of Time Warner (Broadcaster) and they now close at the end of January due to Time Warner ceasing trading (This has happened on 2 run throughs now).

When I look into the Media Group - Time Warner, there are no other details available to edit other than the name, as ideally I'd like to move their closure on a month or two?

Closure.png

You likely need to look at the closing date of Time Warner the broadcaster, not the media group of that name.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Adam Ryland said:

You likely need to look at the closing date of Time Warner the broadcaster, not the media group of that name.

Cheers Adam

Turns out the Media Groups were not assigned any broadcasters, and seems if this is the case come the end of the month the Media Group shuts down and subsequently the company it owns

On 1/30/2024 at 10:14 PM, s7eve_s said:

Cheers Adam

Turns out the Media Groups were not assigned any broadcasters, and seems if this is the case come the end of the month the Media Group shuts down and subsequently the company it owns

I haven't tested this so it might not work at all, but you could always add in a fake broadcaster tied to Time Warner with unusably high requirements that is set to close in April. They'd then be left with no broadcasters, forcing them to close, which would take WCW down with it at the correct time.

I don't know if setting it up that way will make it so they're able to be bought out though, they need to be in debt for a really long time for that to happen afaik. Effectively you could then sign up everybody that gets cut adrift upon their closure but you'd risk getting in a bidding war with NJPW or whoever

• Like 1

On 2/1/2024 at 4:25 AM, Questlove said:

I haven't tested this so it might not work at all, but you could always add in a fake broadcaster tied to Time Warner with unusably high requirements that is set to close in April. They'd then be left with no broadcasters, forcing them to close, which would take WCW down with it at the correct time.

I don't know if setting it up that way will make it so they're able to be bought out though, they need to be in debt for a really long time for that to happen afaik. Effectively you could then sign up everybody that gets cut adrift upon their closure but you'd risk getting in a bidding war with NJPW or whoever

Just to add on to this, from what I've seen: you can buy out a company once they've been in debt for three consecutive months (as calculated at month's end). So if you start a game in January with WCW in major debt (and losing money ideally), you should be able to buy them out on April 1 as long as Time Warner doesn't shut them down first.

So if you try this method, maybe set the fake broadcaster to close in May/June to be safe?

Quick question regarding Free Picture usage. If a new worker is generated, does the database choose a random free picture that matches the criteria, or is it the first one (or next one) it finds that matches? So, if you played a different save, would you get a different set of pics, or would you always get the first ones in your list?

1 hour ago, Scott Zodiac said:

Quick question regarding Free Picture usage. If a new worker is generated, does the database choose a random free picture that matches the criteria, or is it the first one (or next one) it finds that matches? So, if you played a different save, would you get a different set of pics, or would you always get the first ones in your list?

It doesn't specify in the Players Handbook, but in my experience, its random. My free pic pack for the Cverse has gotten huge and when I run a test sim, it will use some of the newest (which would be high numbers for that type of worker) and also some older ones (lower numbers).

On 2/3/2024 at 1:57 PM, Almaida said:

Just to add on to this, from what I've seen: you can buy out a company once they've been in debt for three consecutive months (as calculated at month's end). So if you start a game in January with WCW in major debt (and losing money ideally), you should be able to buy them out on April 1 as long as Time Warner doesn't shut them down first.

So if you try this method, maybe set the fake broadcaster to close in May/June to be safe?

This happens with ECW, though its 2 weeks into April when they become buyable but WCW just hang on in there for over a year!

Thought it might be their size so lowered that but no change

On 2/1/2024 at 10:25 AM, Questlove said:

So what I've done is create duplicate broadcasters TNN and TBS to both become active owned by the Media Group AOL/Time Warner from April 2001 with the original broadcasters closing March 2001, thus making the original Time Warner Media Group also close as well as WCW...