General Gameplay Questions Thread

I appreciate the answer, Awesomenessofme.

It's frustrating. I tried to investigate myself. I ran another show and took note of all the wrestlers that the crowd turned on, then looked for commonalities between them. The only thing the stat they all have a low amount of is Menace, but so do several of my other workers. They all have different styles and there's no link in gimmicks or even success of gimmicks. I cannot understand why the crowd hates these six but not others.

Look at their primary skill (and psychology). Based on your product, they need do have at least 70 in one of the key skills, otherwise they get the negative note. The other way to not get the note is if the worker is just starting his wrestling career so they are more forghiving (maybe based on their status of Young Lions).

From today's patch notes:

"Changed the tolerances for Wrestling Nerd Nirvana and Guerilla Warfare with regards to fans taking against certain wrestlers as it was too harsh"

So if you had one of those products, things will be different now.

Just did a quick test with ACPW in the C-Verse and only one worked was flagged and was the one (not young lion) with the worst skills.

I haven't downloaded today's patch. I will look at that later and try my shows again to see if it changes anything.

I was using Wrestling Nerd Nervana product. A lot of my confusion was based out of not knowing which stats my fans were valuing so highly. The fans turned on 6 of 20 wrestlers; from crappy workers to strong workers. Knowing the magic number is 70 makes some sense (as I was primarily looking for similarities in lower stats). If "Young Lions" get a pass based on their age and inexperience, that would make sense. The one similarity I did overlook was the age of all the workers turned on. They are all vets (mid 20s to early 30s) and while they aren't ALL of my vets, now of the young guns were booed just because.

Thanks everyone.

I haven't downloaded today's patch. I will look at that later and try my shows again to see if it changes anything.

I was using Wrestling Nerd Nervana product. A lot of my confusion was based out of not knowing which stats my fans were valuing so highly. The fans turned on 6 of 20 wrestlers; from crappy workers to strong workers. Knowing the magic number is 70 makes some sense (as I was primarily looking for similarities in lower stats). If "Young Lions" get a pass based on their age and inexperience, that would make sense. The one similarity I did overlook was the age of all the workers turned on. They are all vets (mid 20s to early 30s) and while they aren't ALL of my vets, now of the young guns were booed just because.

Thanks everyone.

With patch 9# 70 is not the magic number anymore, is lowler. Just to clarify.

With patch 9# 70 is not the magic number anymore, is lowler. Just to clarify.

I went back into my game (pre Patch 9) and yeah, everyone that the audience turned on was both a non-Voting Lion and didn't have a single in ring skill higher than 70.

Thanks again for the help, everyone. I'm enjoying 2020 and I want to like it, but there seems (to me) to be a lot of mechanics that are well explained.

Quick question about consortium alliances now, do they not pool all their finances together at the end of the month like they used to? I have a consortium of six promotions and they all have wildly different finances after testing for the two months we have. No sure if they'll all come together in the future or if it is a bug/something has changed?

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="lavelleuk" data-cite="lavelleuk" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="47568" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Quick question about consortium alliances now, do they not pool all their finances together at the end of the month like they used to? I have a consortium of six promotions and they all have wildly different finances after testing for the two months we have. No sure if they'll all come together in the future or if it is a bug/something has changed?</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Profit sharing is definitely still in the game, as I have seen it under the ALLIANCES tab in a company's financials during one of my test games, but I don't have the details at the moment.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="BrokenCycle" data-cite="BrokenCycle" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="47568" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Do workers still lose popularity if you use Dominate and they're not charismatic enough?</div></blockquote><p> Yes.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="gazwefc83" data-cite="gazwefc83" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="47568" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>How to you set somebodies role in game?</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Click on the yellow name above their picture, or on the yellow icons that show what role they're already doing, from the roster page.</p><p> </p><p> Note, you can only set someone to a role if you have contracted them to portray that role.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="TOTKingNothing" data-cite="TOTKingNothing" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="47568" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Profit sharing is definitely still in the game, as I have seen it under the ALLIANCES tab in a company's financials during one of my test games, but I don't have the details at the moment.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Very strange, it's all set up to work but finances don't seem to be doing it</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="TeemuFoundation" data-cite="TeemuFoundation" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="47568" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Does anyone have a complete list of what counts as a random incident? Do random incidents include include stuff like leaving to a film a movie and such?</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Currently simming through a full 2 months with a fresh C-Verse in the latest patch to check things out. I'll get back to you when I'm done. The only thing I know for sure is there is pregnancies.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="TeemuFoundation" data-cite="TeemuFoundation" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="47568" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Does anyone have a complete list of what counts as a random incident? Do random incidents include include stuff like leaving to a film a movie and such?</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I've looked through half a dozen or so sims - the only thing I've noticed other than the ones from 16 I posted in the discord is a social media storm Rory Muckletruck got caught in after insulting a young fan.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="rufas2000" data-cite="rufas2000" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="47568" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>In what situations is "dominate" an effective note to use? I assume someone charismatic and menacing would be a lock. At what point of overness is it a waste? Or does it help with momentum more than a victory?</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Menace is just for angles. It will never be a waste to use it, unless they in fact lose pop, which shouldn't happen. I would always do it with workers who have the attribute, and if building up monsters.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="TOTKingNothing" data-cite="TOTKingNothing" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="47568" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Only by looking at the move in the editor/database.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I'm on the booking part of the day, so I can't access it from the booking screen. Thanks, tho.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="jwt13" data-cite="jwt13" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="47568" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Do block taping have any bad draw backs?</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> 1) Non-live shows receive some penalties to viewership because of spoilers. I believe this is affected by time, though. (The farther back you go, the less the effect of spoilers.)</p><p> </p><p> 2) If you go too long in front of the same crowd, even across multiple shows, they'll start getting bored. It starts at 3.5 hours and starts getting bad at 5 hours.</p>