General Gameplay Questions Thread

Anyone here take off region restrictions? or do most players just leave it on Semi. I like to take them off but my OCD tells me that is cheating.

Things are a lot easier in that regard in 2020 thanks to Talk to Worker. If they're a low-level talent or you're decently sized, you have a good chance of convincing them to become available in a new region.

Anyone here take off region restrictions? or do most players just leave it on Semi. I like to take them off but my OCD tells me that is cheating.

I think it's cheating a bit. The idea that you can get an American worker to come work in India or Australia if they don't "want to" takes a bit of realism away for me!

what are people tending to finds best for creating broadcaster, they all cost the same to make ….. I did a test on TCW and seem to make more on a sub service per a show over a million on the advertising, compared to 400k on commercial. I think this may have too do with commercial being shared between ace and own broadcaster

but say if ace were out the picture which would generate more per a tv show a commercial or subscription owned broadcaster ?

*****just too add the sub owned broadcaster was set as big usa, medium everywhere else and for commercial very big usa, and medium everywhere else

So apologies if this has been asked before, but is there a way to turn off the penalty for lack of anything interesting happening?

Yeah, don’t book angles longer than 4 minutes where they’re all just standing around doing nothing.

Have someone talking (rated on entertainment or microphone) or beating someone up (fighting) and you won’t get this penalty.

Overness just doesn’t cut it anymore. Overness literally means just standing there or walking to the ring.

Is the "Strictly Enforced," "Loosely Enforced," and "Not Enforced" for Face Heel Divide just a setting for the AI run Feds or does it effect ratings as well? Like if you changed SWF to "Loosely Enforced" would the occasional face vs face or heel vs heel match be less penalized?

^ same thing applies to menace and sex appeal iirc

Yeah, I know, but in the old default angles (and many of the new), Overness is just the default for anyone doing anything (beating someone down, copping a beat down etc), so it’s probably the most overused rating.

The handbook clearly states it’s really only used for someone coming to the ring, so angles with action should be rated accordingly (like a beatdown being rated on fighting/selling rather than Overness/Overness)

Totally agree on the other ones too, just pointing out the mistake I assume most people are making with their angles

Is the "Strictly Enforced," "Loosely Enforced," and "Not Enforced" for Face Heel Divide just a setting for the AI run Feds or does it effect ratings as well? Like if you changed SWF to "Loosely Enforced" would the occasional face vs face or heel vs heel match be less penalized?

I believe it effects ratings as well

"A disposition divide can be enforced to three levels of strictness. If it's not enforced at all, no penalties are incurred for having faces against other faces, heels vs heels, etc. If it's loosely enforced, the penalties for doing so are very minor. At full enforcement the penalties are significant. The strictness does not impact any other disposition-related things."

-from the handbook

You're right, the answer is yes. The veteran worker promises not to complain, but they will still lose the same amount of popularity/momentum by losing to the lower card guy as they normally would. So sometimes it's a case of "thanks for the offer, but...".

I had Edd Stone offer to put Ernest Youngman over in my save, much more useful. :D

Are these stored anywhere or do you have to make a note at the time/remember them? I've just been looking for who offered to put over Lenny Brown and cannot find it...

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Slim Jim" data-cite="Slim Jim" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="47568" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Are these stored anywhere or do you have to make a note at the time/remember them? I've just been looking for who offered to put over Lenny Brown and cannot find it...</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Under the Promises section. Should be a button on the office area.</p>

any one know what the dirt sheet note "overwhelmed by manger" means?

It sounds like the wrestler is being out-shined by manager? However when Eddie Peak is the wrestler, I find it hard to believe that's the case.

Not 100% sure but I THINK it’s a random destiny roll-related thing meaning in that save he won’t do well with managers.

any one know what the dirt sheet note "overwhelmed by manger" means?

It sounds like the wrestler is being out-shined by manager? However when Eddie Peak is the wrestler, I find it hard to believe that's the case.

Who is the manager? I could definitely see Eddie Peak being overshadowed by an over enough manager. Keep in mind his physical condition is absolutely in the toilet in 2020 and that's really going to affect his in-ring ability.

dont think u can for angles but for matches its on the bottom right

wgPPher.png

IHnXhF4.jpg

Yeah, I got that thanks for replying but I swear 2016 just had the stables button one click away rather than two. Whenever I am setting up a multiman tag match and I need to check my stables to make sure the numbers are even, I have to guess 5vs5 for example, only to click the select workers option to be reminded one of my stablemen is injured or whatever. If we're trying to break away from extra clicks, I don't see why you wouldn't have a stable button on both pages. Probably the tiniest nitpick lol