General Gameplay Questions Thread

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="D-Lyrium" data-cite="D-Lyrium" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="47568" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Yeah, your example is spot on. It's a title where, once the worker has won it, they can 'defend' it during the year (MitB/Young Lion's Cup style). If you want a Cverse example, EMLL's Ring of Destiny.<p> </p><p> As opposed to something like the Royal Rumble or King of the Ring, which are just events that happen once a year, someone wins them and that's pretty much it (they usually leverage it into a title shot or something, but it's not necessarily a "title"). They might get a trophy, but it's essentially never seen again until next year.</p><p> </p><p> Edit: Yeah, what southside_hitmen said. ¬_¬ For some reason that didn't show up when I posted.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> </p><p> Thank you. That definitely helps with my immersion.</p>

<p>Some Encouragement to Adam</p><p> </p><p>

I have been a fan of your work since a friend gave me their license on TEW 2005. I have played Wrestling Spirit and TEW religiously. I am proud of the work you have invested in this series. Yes, there are idiosyncrasies in the UI and the mechanics...but I love digging into the time jump and playing in the sandbox. I just wanted to encourage the work you have invested in this difficult time. Much Love.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="gazwefc83" data-cite="gazwefc83" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="47568" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>How do you advance a tournament, I can see how to remove people and replace people but not how to book a match and determine a winning</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Book the match as you would any other, and unless you include the road agent note to ignore tournaments, the match will count as part of the tournament automatically.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="gazwefc83" data-cite="gazwefc83" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="47568" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>How do you advance a tournament, I can see how to remove people and replace people but not how to book a match and determine a winning</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> It does it automatically.</p>

So, this is an actual dream in terms of my ability to analyze the mod, thank you so much! Like, the fact that I can just get an access listing of the CVerse stats to look at how they're distributed is game changing!

Can I actually transfer edits I make into the mod file? Or is this just helpful for analyzing the dataset, and changes still need to be made through the editor?

It's a one-way street unfortunately, you can't convert any edits you make to the MDB file back into a database or save game, because the game makes changes to the file to change it into a format that makes sense and is readable. In other words, the MDB file created for public use is a version of, but not exactly the same as, the one the game uses for saves and databases. It's structured differently and therefore isn't interchangeable.

It's a one-way street unfortunately, you can't convert any edits you make to the MDB file back into a database or save game, because the game makes changes to the file to change it into a format that makes sense and is readable. In other words, the MDB file created for public use is a version of, but not exactly the same as, the one the game uses for saves and databases. It's structured differently and therefore isn't interchangeable.

It's still super useful! In the editor, if I mark an item for mass edit, then search for the next item that I want to include, I lose the selection mark on the first item. Is there a way, besides scrolling, to mark a few items from a long list for mass edit?

Playing as SWF, I got CZCW to accept to take on my dev workers. However when I offered them $12,000 in a cash boost they rejected the money. We have a positive relationship.

What reason would they have to reject the cash boost?

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="troy brown" data-cite="troy brown" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="47568" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Anyone have any reviews of real world mods during the trial?</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> The biggest problem I'm having is locker room morale. It seems everyone everywhere is an asshole in these mods.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="d12345" data-cite="d12345" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="47568" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Playing as SWF, I got CZCW to accept to take on my dev workers. However when I offered them $12,000 in a cash boost they rejected the money. We have a positive relationship.<p> </p><p> What reason would they have to reject the cash boost?</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Given SWF's history, wouldn't be surprised if they were still a little wary about taking money from a company that had been investigated by the IRS.</p><p> </p><p> I don't think that's the mechanical reason, but at it's the easy way to rationalize it.</p>

<p>Selling barely improving?</p><p> </p><p>

This is something that is hard to quantify during a 3 month trial, especially given the new way that skills are shown as improving (not immediately but over time), but after 3 months with my small level company, the fact that 0 of my workers gained any points in selling seems a bit off. </p><p> </p><p>

I had several rookies that grew as I would have expected in the primary skills, absolutely nothing out of the ordinary there, just selling...remaining stable.</p><p> </p><p>

I looked around the world and selling seems to be growing at a similar (or even lesser) rate than psychology which is, notoriously, one of the hardest skills to improve. It was difficult to find workers that had improved in selling in a 3 month stretch, even with young workers with low selling (easier to improve) companies that ran intense schedules like BCG.</p><p> </p><p>

Is this happening for anyone else? And I guess the better question is, does this seem to be working as intended?</p>

<p>Workers as development trainers</p><p> </p><p>

How do you get a worker to go down to developmental as a trainer? Or, if I were to sent an experienced worker with stats that would make a good trainer, is it just assumed that they will be trainers?</p><p> </p><p>

Thanks!</p>

<p>With the extension to three months, how is everyone seeing contracts and movement between companies?</p><p> </p><p>

I have a RW mod starting January 86 and noticed that even though JCP started as a medium company, when WCCW rose to medium the next month they were able to swipe a bunch of top level workers on exclusive contracts. </p><p> </p><p>

I'm just observing so don't know if JCP made counter exclusive offers to the wrestlers to stay, but nobody signed a new contract with them round the same time. If not, seems unusual that the company that starts at a higher level and is #2 worldwide is ransacked by a latecomer ranked at #7. [update - they took people from the AWA as well, the #3 company]. This could happen in real life but it looks to me like the AI company that hit medium automatically rushed to exclusive deals and the bigger companies didn't fight the offers. My solution in full game will be to bump World Class moderately ahead so they start on medium but it's something worth keeping an eye out for.</p>

<p>Contracts issues with workers</p><p> </p><p>

Hello guys. Ive been playing the game recently with the Killing the Business mod. Im playing as NJPW, and ive realized that I cannot figure out how to fire/release a worker. Also, ive signed multiple workers to exclusive written deals, but they are still working for their other handshake deals, and it doesn't show me if they will be leaving that company soon. Does anyone know of any way they can help me with this?</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="ACEoWRESTLING" data-cite="ACEoWRESTLING" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="47568" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Hello guys. Ive been playing the game recently with the Killing the Business mod. Im playing as NJPW, and ive realized that I cannot figure out how to fire/release a worker. Also, ive signed multiple workers to exclusive written deals, but they are still working for their other handshake deals, and it doesn't show me if they will be leaving that company soon. Does anyone know of any way they can help me with this?</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> On the roster screen, where it says "Popularity", click one of the arrows and it will bring you to a screen with an overview of their contract. There's a release button there.</p><p> </p><p> It takes a full month before previous deals will end. Not sure if there's a place to check that.</p>

Which stable type do people pick for an NJPW-like stable (CHAOS, LIJ, etc) where it's more so a group of people who train together? It's definitely not Brotherhood, Cult, or Alliance and I can't decide between Faction and Gang. Faction kinds make sense but it says that the leader is disproportionally more important and while I agree that guys like Okada, Naito, and Suzuki are crucial for their respective stable, the other members are just right there in term of importance imo. I'm leaning more toward Gang right now but curious what you guys think.

On the roster screen, where it says "Popularity", click one of the arrows and it will bring you to a screen with an overview of their contract. There's a release button there.

It takes a full month before previous deals will end. Not sure if there's a place to check that.

Thank you very much! I was getting pissed off about the contract thing lmao.

Apologies if this has been answered already but I've a question about developing worker skills, specifically asking about workers passing on skills to a protege. Rocky Golden took Matty Faith under his wing as a protege, three times in as many weeks I've gotten the backstage incident of Rocky passing on psychology tips to Matty but Faith's psychology stat is still the same as when the game started.

Does it take longer for these boosts to develop into improved skills?

Apologies if this has been answered already but I've a question about developing worker skills, specifically asking about workers passing on skills to a protege. Rocky Golden took Matty Faith under his wing as a protege, three times in as many weeks I've gotten the backstage incident of Rocky passing on psychology tips to Matty but Faith's psychology stat is still the same as when the game started.

Does it take longer for these boosts to develop into improved skills?

Per the handbook skills are gained right away they are drip fed over time, and the feeder can only be so full at one time.

Has anybody else had their workers skills decrease straight out the gate? Ran my first show with RMW, and by the end of January my announcer Dane O'Hara's skill had dropped from 60 to 59. In that same period James Diaz also had a decrease, as technical skill went from 51 to 50!

I don't think it's a bug as it's only hit those two guys, it's probably just a destiny stat or a shift in how it's rounding the decimals but it's pretty funny all the same.