General Gameplay Questions Thread

I've tested airing shows on the OnDem subscription network but do not receive any revenue from the deal even though it's a 60% split in my favour. I was getting close to 40.000 viewers playing as PGHW but not a dime was transferred into the company account. Is this expected behaviour for Internet subscription type broadcasters?

Performance Center/Dojo vs Developmental

Newbie here playing the 2 month beta game with a couple of questions:

*With bigger companies you can have both a developmental territory and performance center/dojo but I am not clear what is better for developing young workers. Also, if I do send a rookie to a dojo/performance center I am assuming that you lose a slot for a random graduate later? (I assume that is how it rolls). Since I can't yet play a full year to find out I thought I would ask for some input here.

*Also, in regards to stats: I assume that the color indication goes from bottom up: red, yellow, white, green, light blue. My confusion comes from the fact that a light blue can sometimes have a very large range which can actually encompass a lower range (a green stat of 63-75, a light blue with 45-100 for example). Are the color codes only indicative of the top number? Do the colors mean anything else (like possible performance advancement on that specific stat)? I am guessing not, but just curious for some feedback.

I'm sure I read in the Dev. journal that it would be possible to have a worker work more than one match in a show under different alter egos. For example, you could have Dude Love and Mankind both have matches in the same event.

Did I not read that? or if I did, did it not make the game, and if it did, can someone explain how I can do it?

I'm sure I read in the Dev. journal that it would be possible to have a worker work more than one match in a show under different alter egos. For example, you could have Dude Love and Mankind both have matches in the same event.

Did I not read that? or if I did, did it not make the game, and if it did, can someone explain how I can do it?

I guess you could use the mid-show booking feature for that. You book the show and have Dude Love wrestle his match. Then you go back to the booking screen, change his alter ego to Mankind, book his match and voilà, Foley has wrestled twice under different alter egos.

I haven't actually tested it, so I can't say for sure if it'll work, but in theory it should.

Newbie here playing the 2 month beta game with a couple of questions:

*With bigger companies you can have both a developmental territory and performance center/dojo but I am not clear what is better for developing young workers. Also, if I do send a rookie to a dojo/performance center I am assuming that you lose a slot for a random graduate later? (I assume that is how it rolls). Since I can't yet play a full year to find out I thought I would ask for some input here.

Sending a worker to the Performance Centre does not actually take up a "graduate" slot, they're different mechanics. The number of graduates depends entirely on the size of the facility.

You can send the worker to both, that would be the optimal route for getting their skills up faster, but bare in mind you have limited slots at both so if you have a lot of guys that need improving, you're probably better off splitting them up.

I've been using the performance centre to get guys with awful fundamentals (basics, psychology, safety etc) to a level where they can perform without bombing the entire show or killing someone, and then using development to make them better wrestlers overall and gain experience.

*Also, in regards to stats: I assume that the color indication goes from bottom up: red, yellow, white, green, light blue. My confusion comes from the fact that a light blue can sometimes have a very large range which can actually encompass a lower range (a green stat of 63-75, a light blue with 45-100 for example). Are the color codes only indicative of the top number? Do the colors mean anything else (like possible performance advancement on that specific stat)? I am guessing not, but just curious for some feedback.

You're right on the colour progression; Red > Yellow > Pale Green (which I guess can look white) > Green > Blue.

The size of the range is based on how well scouted he is. The more experienced the worker is, the narrower the range, as the more confident you are of how well he performs. If you have Pro Mode enabled in the options, you'll never get a definite value for stats, except for the ones that aren't scouted, like Menace, Star Quality, etc. With Pro Mode disabled, workers who are well scouted will eventually be narrowed down to a single number for their stats.

Note that "scouting" is a bit of a misnomer, you can't do anything to increase how well you've scouted someone. It's an overall industry view of their skills, not your own personal view like in other sports sim games.

The colour is based on the top value in the range, so you may see a worker "lose" skill, when in reality it's just that he was never really as good as you thought he would be.

The entire scouting system can be turned off in the options, if you want to see worker's definitive stats.

<p>I'm trying to send someone down to developmental as a trainer (R truth) because honestly he's done nothing on the main roster in my game and I have no use for him so figure he can do good in NXT but he won't go. I don't see any way of finding "excursion" and can only send him to developmental. </p><p> </p><p>

Also unrelated but does the end of show grade being so small and not as big as in '16 or at least a little bigger bug anyone else? I can't see it half the time.</p>

Does anyone know for sure at what size you are supposed to be able to hire workers from any area? I know in '16 you had to be at least international size, but in an SWF save (they are large size) I'm not getting blocked. Only things like loyalty are preventing me from offering contracts to workers.

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="brat99" data-cite="brat99" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="47568" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Does anyone know for sure at what size you are supposed to be able to hire workers from any area? I know in '16 you had to be at least international size, but in an SWF save (they are large size) I'm not getting blocked. Only things like loyalty are preventing me from offering contracts to workers.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Large is the equivalent of International.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="awesomenessofme1" data-cite="awesomenessofme1" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="47568" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Large is the equivalent of International.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Thanks.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="brat99" data-cite="brat99" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="47568" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Thanks.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Yeah, it's definitely not an intuitive name. Really should be Huge or something like that. Big and Large are synonyms with no real difference in degree.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="coreyt" data-cite="coreyt" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="47568" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I'm trying to send someone down to developmental as a trainer (R truth) because honestly he's done nothing on the main roster in my game and I have no use for him so figure he can do good in NXT but he won't go. I don't see any way of finding "excursion" and can only send him to developmental. <p> </p><p> Also unrelated but does the end of show grade being so small and not as big as in '16 or at least a little bigger bug anyone else? I can't see it half the time.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> 2020 doesn't have developmental trainers.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="awesomenessofme1" data-cite="awesomenessofme1" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="47568" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Yeah, it's definitely not an intuitive name. Really should be Huge or something like that. Big and Large are synonyms with no real difference in degree.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Pretty sure that's what tripped me up. I just didn't equate Large in my mind with International. Might actually be worth a suggestion to re-title the sizes somewhat (if it hasn't already been suggested).</p>

<p>So I started a Cornellverse new company and loaded it up on youth and the best available cheap vets with some popularity in my area. Everything was going ok for about 7 shows in the first 3-4 weeks (due to a "Constant" schedule), then some of the vets started showing why they are not in bigger organizations.</p><p> </p><p>

Knuckles and Shady K (Death Row), Lead Belly, Air Attack Weasel, and Quintin Queen have ALL become major pains in the last couple of weeks. Shady K got busted for harassing, and then the next show locker room fighting with 19 year old Dustin Deuce. Knuckles joined in at some point. Air Attack Weasel is pissing off the entire locker room, and Quinten Queen is behaving about the same. Lead Belly is bullying a couple people, and has gotten into a fight. Now at the last show Knuckles and Shady K fought with another 19 year old (Jack Avatar) in the locker room. The last few shows have had like 4 to 6 negative instances. I started with Stern Warning, the Fines but it just seems to piss them off but only makes their behavior worse. My Backroom score has plummeted from 80 to 43 in just a few weeks!</p><p> </p><p>

Ugh. I guess Suspensions are next. I need to move belts off of any of these clowns ASAP so I can be prepared to fire them. It is crazy how quickly things just went to crap like that!</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="sonofpaul" data-cite="sonofpaul" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="47568" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>So I started a Cornellverse new company and loaded it up on youth and the best available cheap vets with some popularity in my area. Everything was going ok for about 7 shows in the first 3-4 weeks (due to a "Constant" schedule), then some of the vets started showing why they are not in bigger organizations.<p> </p><p> Knuckles and Shady K (Death Row), Lead Belly, Air Attack Weasel, and Quintin Queen have ALL become major pains in the last couple of weeks. Shady K got busted for harassing, and then the next show locker room fighting with 19 year old Dustin Deuce. Knuckles joined in at some point. Air Attack Weasel is pissing off the entire locker room, and Quinten Queen is behaving about the same. Lead Belly is bullying a couple people, and has gotten into a fight. Now at the last show Knuckles and Shady K fought with another 19 year old (Jack Avatar) in the locker room. The last few shows have had like 4 to 6 negative instances. I started with Stern Warning, the Fines but it just seems to piss them off but only makes their behavior worse. My Backroom score has plummeted from 80 to 43 in just a few weeks!</p><p> </p><p> Ugh. I guess Suspensions are next. I need to move belts off of any of these clowns ASAP so I can be prepared to fire them. It is crazy how quickly things just went to crap like that!</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> What are your backstage rules looking like?</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Zeel1" data-cite="Zeel1" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="47568" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>What are your backstage rules looking like?</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Also, what's the morale for some of the workers? Some personality types don't start causing a ruckus unless they're unhappy.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Zeel1" data-cite="Zeel1" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="47568" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>What are your backstage rules looking like?</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> No smoking or drugs, transport and hotel organized, transport paid.</p><p> </p><p> I actually gave them a masseuse, chiropractor, and paid for hotel and catering for one show but it made no difference to these guys!</p><p> </p><p> The next show I got the tag team belt off of Death Row. Need to get the secondary US Belt off of Quinten Queen. 4 more instances of crap before the show including Death Row again, and now a Manager, and even a Road Agent have Locker Room heat. Backstage rating down to 33%. Spiraling downwards out of control.</p><p> </p><p> It looks like I will have to fire a bunch of guys. Like 20% of my roster could go at this point and it is all vets! Pretty funny. A first in my very limited experience playing this.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="sonofpaul" data-cite="sonofpaul" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="47568" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>No smoking or drugs, transport and hotel organized, transport paid.<p> </p><p> I actually gave them a masseuse, chiropractor, and paid for hotel and catering for one show but it made no difference to these guys!</p><p> </p><p> The next show I got the tag team belt off of Death Row. Need to get the secondary US Belt off of Quinten Queen. 4 more instances of crap before the show including Death Row again, and now a Manager, and even a Road Agent have Locker Room heat. Backstage rating down to 33%. Spiraling downwards out of control.</p><p> </p><p> It looks like I will have to fire a bunch of guys. Like 20% of my roster could go at this point and it is all vets! Pretty funny. A first in my very limited experience playing this.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> You might want to tick on the stricter rules and see what it does. It might lower the rating a little more but at this rate that's not hurting much and it should hopefully put a stop to the incidents, atleast until you can get rid of the problem dudes. These would be the dress code, not leaving until the show is over, no outsiders... I think the three-hour pre-show arrival is the thing that people get most upset over which might also mean it's the biggest behavior stopper. </p><p> </p><p> I haven't admittedly tested it too much but this is the idea anyway.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Matt_Black" data-cite="Matt_Black" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="47568" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Also, what's the morale for some of the workers? Some personality types don't start causing a ruckus unless they're unhappy.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Morale is generally good. Most everyone is Happy and a few Very Happy. Only one Neutral, and 2 Annoyed (Shady K and Knuckles who are Prickly and Unpredictable). The other main culprits are Lead Belly who is Grifter, and Air Attack Weasel who is Gloomy. Others problem makers are Insecure, Mercenary, and Party Animal.</p><p> </p><p> Yeah, they aren't the most stable group. Looks like I need to promote some youth earlier than I had planned.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Zeel1" data-cite="Zeel1" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="47568" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>You might want to tick on the stricter rules and see what it does. It might lower the rating a little more but at this rate that's not hurting much and it should hopefully put a stop to the incidents, atleast until you can get rid of the problem dudes. These would be the dress code, not leaving until the show is over, no outsiders... I think the three-hour pre-show arrival is the thing that people get most upset over which might also mean it's the biggest behavior stopper. <p> </p><p> I haven't admittedly tested it too much but this is the idea anyway.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> LOL! Judging their reactions to Fines and such I doubt they will listen to reason at this point but it might be worth a shot. I will try it out...…….unless I can them first (several are on last chance at this point).</p><p> </p><p> Again, I haven't played much but it has been generally good Backstage relations with the occasional issue but these guys...…</p><p> </p><p> Hey, at least it is good for a laugh!</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="brat99" data-cite="brat99" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="47568" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Pretty sure that's what tripped me up. I just didn't equate Large in my mind with International. Might actually be worth a suggestion to re-title the sizes somewhat (if it hasn't already been suggested).</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Going back to the names from 2016 and before would be fine, I think. Fans of the series are used to those, AND they're intuitive.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Thomnipotent" data-cite="Thomnipotent" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="47568" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Going back to the names from 2016 and before would be fine, I think. Fans of the series are used to those, AND they're intuitive.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I actually disagree, Global, International, and National were incredibly hard to parse for companies like say WWE. Who are popular around the world but shrinking rapidly in the US and have been for almost 2 decades. Domestically they're low Cult. But internationally they have a tremendous reputation and pull power. How do you simulate that in the old model? Why I like the new size system. It's more simple and thus flexible.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Makhai" data-cite="Makhai" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="47568" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I actually disagree, Global, International, and National were incredibly hard to parse for companies like say WWE. Who are popular around the world but shrinking rapidly in the US and have been for almost 2 decades. Domestically they're low Cult. But internationally they have a tremendous reputation and pull power. How do you simulate that in the old model? Why I like the new size system. It's more simple and thus flexible.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I like the new system as well, just feel like the names for each size (especially big and large) could be a little bit more intuitive. In the suggestions thread I recommended huge or gigantic as possibilities for what is now large.</p>