General Gameplay Questions Thread

I mean it isn't wrong per se. I don't know what the AI should do or not, but I would look at it as the alliance protecting it's self from the champ just walking out with the belt

Yeah, I guess you could look at it like that. And it's not that I don't like the challenge of my champions being poached by bigger promotions. I just found it weird that the AI immediately vacated the belt when it's usually intelligent enough to have the champion lose the belt to someone else before they leave. At least with non-alliance titles.

• 3 weeks later...
Yeah, I guess you could look at it like that. And it's not that I don't like the challenge of my champions being poached by bigger promotions. I just found it weird that the AI immediately vacated the belt when it's usually intelligent enough to have the champion lose the belt to someone else before they leave. At least with non-alliance titles.

The other thing to look at -- when he signs the contract he starts for the exclusive company immediately (since he's not leaving an exclusive deal). Do they run shows on the days of the other shows? Because if so, he might not have been available and thus they vacated the championship.

• 3 weeks later...

I have two broadcasters with overlapping coverage. If I select both broadcasters when I run a show, will the viewership for these regions simply add up? I feel like this would be a bit too cheap to be true.

But surely, there can't be a disadvantage of broadcasting a show on two broadcasters who (partly) cover the same regions, can there?

I have two broadcasters with overlapping coverage. If I select both broadcasters when I run a show, will the viewership for these regions simply add up? I feel like this would be a bit too cheap to be true.

But surely, there can't be a disadvantage of broadcasting a show on two broadcasters who (partly) cover the same regions, can there?

I don't think that there are any negatives to overlapping coverage.

However, you will not be able to select both broadcasters if either of them has exclusive coverage rights to your footage.

I don't think that there are any negatives to overlapping coverage.

However, you will not be able to select both broadcasters if either of them has exclusive coverage rights to your footage.

None of them do, so I guess I'll try for my next show.

It's just that I remember reading somewhere that it's not a good idea because both broadcasters would "steal" each other's viewers and so would actually lower the viewership numbers. I searched and I couldn't find anything about it, though.

After a longer break I started a new promotion in Oceania.

I'm currently at Small size and broadcast with an own TV station (medium). But even though I get 60+ show ratings, my size doesn't increase anymore. Not even the regions, where I only have small popularity.

So kind of a random question but I'm curious what y'alls opinions would be.

If you wanted to run a show with an "Intermission", how would you book that? Would you book it? What would that look like in the sense of the show context?

For a small indy show, I've sometimes run a 'get your photo taken with the babyface(s)' angle. A ring announcer rated on Entertainment, and a babyface or two on Star Quality. 10+ minutes. Cant say it's ever been amazing, but it works for my imagination. A raffle segment would be similar.

For an intermission with nothing happening, that would exist entirely in my imagination.

Ok quick question about perspective, as I thought I had this game figured out for mod making, but apparently not!!

So I am looking at 5SSW, and when I have them 57 over everywhere in Japan, 63 over home area of Kansai they have multiple wrestlers seen as "stars"

When I lower company over to 37 everywhere, 63 over home area, they have no stars at all, they are lowered to "well known"

anyone know why that is? I just assumed 1) lower popularity of company would increase perception if anything. and 2) that the main figure would be home area of Kansai anyway?

Both sizes are still medium, but I'm wondering if the higher number in other areas means perception is based on average across Japan, but when lower it's just based on Kansai?

Ok quick question about perspective, as I thought I had this game figured out for mod making, but apparently not!!

So I am looking at 5SSW, and when I have them 57 over everywhere in Japan, 63 over home area of Kansai they have multiple wrestlers seen as "stars"

When I lower company over to 37 everywhere, 63 over home area, they have no stars at all, they are lowered to "well known"

anyone know why that is? I just assumed 1) lower popularity of company would increase perception if anything. and 2) that the main figure would be home area of Kansai anyway?

Both sizes are still medium, but I'm wondering if the higher number in other areas means perception is based on average across Japan, but when lower it's just based on Kansai?

Per the handbook, perception is based on the popularity in the promotion's home region and any other region where the popularity isn't more than six pop points less than the home region.

So, it could be that the wrestlers aren't as popular in Kansai as in the other regions, which would change their perception to well known.

Per the handbook, perception is based on the popularity in the promotion's home region and any other region where the popularity isn't more than six pop points less than the home region.

So, it could be that the wrestlers aren't as popular in Kansai as in the other regions, which would change their perception to well known.

So it's all down to one pop point? Weird but unavoidable I guess. The game has to make a distinchion somewhere. It'll be a high "well known" versus a low "star" rating. Does it make that much difference in-game?

If you run a puro promotion with a face/heel divide purely for organizational purposes, what are the disposition effects of that?

I'm assuming the fans get tired of the gimmick, turn timings are turned on, foreshadowing turns is turned on, and workers are penalized for being the wrong disposition depending on the "Better As..." attributes. Anything else?

I couldn't find perception in the handbook, can you tell me where it is please?

They have the same pop across the whole of Japan, that never changes, so when it's 63 Kansai and 57 everywhere else I'm guessing, by what you said, it averages out to basing perception off 57-58 pop.

But when you lower it below 6 pop points less it goes purely on Kansai, which is 63.

It's weird how making the company less popular actually makes being a star for that company harder, but I guess it makes sense to make regional stars and stuff

Thanks for that, I sort of assumed that was what was happening but thought I'd confirm

The tournament has now wrapped up, but the trophy doesn't appear to have any history.

You set it up as an achievement that isn't auto-defended in an event. Maybe the AI will create an 8-man tournament, but no way it'll do a Round Robin. And those settings are for AI only.

Manually set the trophy to be won in the match in question that will determine it, which would (or should) obviously be the last match in your last event. If you don't, it won't be won.

You set it up as an achievement that isn't auto-defended in an event. Maybe the AI will create an 8-man tournament, but no way it'll do a Round Robin. And those settings are for AI only.

Manually set the trophy to be won in the match in question that will determine it, which would (or should) obviously be the last match in your last event. If you don't, it won't be won.

Ahh, so I expected it to a be a little bit too magic :D

Glad it wasn't anything more complex than me just being an idiot though. Thanks for the help!

Playing the demo, in the booking angle screen the “search” appears to be intentionally limited?

Is there a simple way for me to narrow angles by what the workers are rated on?

No, there isn't, neither in the demo nor in the full game. Filtering by "rated on" is one of those things that was inexplicably taken out of the game for TEW2020.

I'd just go with freestyle angles.

This is something I never really paid much attention to. Do referees' refereeing skills improve/decline over time?

The reason why I ask is I have a semi-watcher game that I am playing and I am about to approach 2025 and every time I look at different referees refereeing skills there seems to be no improvement or decline. It just seems to remain stagnant. It would only make sense that over time their skills would improve when they are younger and decline when they get older (They are not agile enough to be in the right position or whatever).

This is something I never really paid much attention to. Do referees' refereeing skills improve/decline over time?

The reason why I ask is I have a semi-watcher game that I am playing and I am about to approach 2025 and every time I look at different referees refereeing skills there seems to be no improvement or decline. It just seems to remain stagnant. It would only make sense that over time their skills would improve when they are younger and decline when they get older (They are not agile enough to be in the right position or whatever).

They can certainly go up (there's a stud 24 year old ref in my game who's gained over 20 points in the last 12 months, earning him a move from CZCW to SWF), can't find any evidence of them going down.