General Gameplay Questions Thread

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="what7" data-cite="what7" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="47568" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Thank you, but that way I would have to set each night of each tour, one by one, correct? Doesn't that defeat the purpose of having preset tours in the game, if you need to do that for the game not to generate random name events at the end of the tours?</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Can't answer that one. I've never played a Japanese/touring company.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="what7" data-cite="what7" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="47568" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I was trying to setup AJPW's schedule and so I setup the preset tours in the editor:<p> </p><p> <a href="https://i.imgur.com/QQ2WcMU.png" rel="external nofollow">https://i.imgur.com/QQ2WcMU.png</a></p><p> </p><p> I then tried to set a tournament title (AJPW Junior League), but the Tours do not show up on the "Held On" field for the title. Is the only way around it to set an event for that? If that's so, is that any way to make sure that event closes the tour?</p><p> </p><p> I've been trying to do that, but I don't seem to be getting it right because the AI always seem to automatically generate a show at the end of the tour, with a randomised name. Here are two tries for the AJPW Excite Series:</p><p> </p><p> <a href="https://i.imgur.com/VcY9nXx.png" rel="external nofollow">https://i.imgur.com/VcY9nXx.png</a></p><p> </p><p> <a href="https://i.imgur.com/tPLc47H.png" rel="external nofollow">https://i.imgur.com/tPLc47H.png</a></p><p> </p><p> And one of the full schedules generated this way:</p><p> </p><p> <a href="https://i.imgur.com/k9QJZCN.png" rel="external nofollow">https://i.imgur.com/k9QJZCN.png</a></p><p> </p><p> Is there any way around it? Any way to block the AI from generating those random named shows?</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> The randomised name thing sounds weird, and possibly worth posting in either suggestions or tech support?</p>

Do House Shows affect worker fatigue? I set up a B show for SWF and by the end of the first week had workers, young and old, complaining of fatigue. I even got a news article about veterans thinking American Machine needs a break - he's had 4 matches, 3 of which were tags. I never once had an issue like this in 2016 despite similar schedules so just wondering if something has changed?

Do House Shows affect worker fatigue? I set up a B show for SWF and by the end of the first week had workers, young and old, complaining of fatigue. I even got a news article about veterans thinking American Machine needs a break - he's had 4 matches, 3 of which were tags. I never once had an issue like this in 2016 despite similar schedules so just wondering if something has changed?

House shows definitely affect fatigue, yes.

Out of interest, how has he had four matches in a week? And assuming that's not a typo, I'd say even without house shows 4 matches in a week is going to cause a guy some issues...

Unless you disable the feature (I'm pretty sure it's always on by default), the AI will smartly book house shows so that they don't use workers who are already fatigued, but obviously it needs to fill the shows so if you haven't got enough guys working house shows (in addition to their four show a week TV schedule...) they won't be able to have much of a rest.

If you're finding house shows cause too much fatigue (or more accurately I should say, don't allow workers enough rest to lower fatigue) then you can try running fewer of them. Click the yellow dates on the house shows screen to turn them off. By default you run three per week on Mon, Weds, Fri. If you have a show on the same day as a house show, it won't run (so if you have a TV show taped/held on a Monday, you'll only ever run two house shows by default as the Monday show will always be cancelled). Maybe play around with it so that you run shows either less frequently, or more spaced out with your TV shows.

As TCW, I have a weekly show on Tuesdays. Therefore I rearrange my house shows to be on Thursdays and Saturdays only. This gives everyone two days off between shows even if they work house shows, because my product is pretty harsh on the workers.

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="D-Lyrium" data-cite="D-Lyrium" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="47568" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>The Snake Pit is a <em>venue</em>, it's a brick-and-mortal physical place, with a capacity of 1,000 people. It costs $1,000 to hire it out and only one company can use it at once.<p> </p><p> Los Angeles is a <em>location</em>, a broad definition of a geographical area. The game will automatically choose an arena within Los Angeles (an imaginary one that doesn't exist in the database) with a capacity at the appropriate size for the crowd you're predicted to draw to the event you're running. The cost will be the same as a venue of that size would cost. In your case, since you're predicted to draw around 1,000 fans, the best venue size would be 1,000. So the game is saying that to book a venue in Los Angeles of the right size (1,000 capacity) will cost about $1,000. That's why it says "(estimated)".</p><p> </p><p> The capacity of a location is the BIGGEST venue it's possible to book in that location. Not the size of the location you're going to actually be booking (it's a tad confusing at first if you don't know this, admittedly). For example, Freemont is a lot smaller than LA, so has a lower maximum capacity.</p><p> </p><p> If you were a bigger company, expected to draw more fans, the cost would be higher. If you were expected to draw 15,000 fans for instance, the cost would be the same as for a 15,000 capacity venue ($20,000).</p><p> </p><p> There is no functional difference between booking a show in Los Angeles and drawing 1,000 fans, and booking a show at the Snake Pit.</p><p> </p><p> The advantage to this system is that you don't need hundreds of different arenas in the data. You can add in the famous/well known arenas and give them a bit of history, then have the other locations as generic cities/places, without limiting the user's choice. If I want to hold a show in Pittsburgh, I can hold a show in Pittsburgh without having to have loads of different arenas there at each different size level.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Ah, now I get it. Thank you very much. That was a a really helpful response.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Hollywood" data-cite="Hollywood" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="47568" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>How do I give a bonus to everyone on my roster?</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Talk to worker, give bonus, drop down for person you are selecting and go to E, it will be under entire roster.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="KingAj" data-cite="KingAj" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="47568" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Forgive me if this has been asked already, but do development/child companies sign their own wrestlers alongside development talent being sent to them? Playing as SWF, I havent seen RIPW try to hire anyone at all.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> From what I understand:</p><p> </p><p> 1) If you are playing as a child company, you can sign people no matter what</p><p> 2) If a child company isn't set to accept developmental workers, they can sign their own workers, but if they are, they can only get workers from their parent signing them</p>

So let's say:

Show 1: Tag team storyline starts, on-screen fight.

Show 2: Nothing happens - no problem.

Show 3: Nothing happens - heat decreases, two shows without mentioning the storyline.

Show 4: Hype video to remind fans this storyline is a thing, doesn't "advance" the storyline but is counted part of it - no problem.

Show 5: Nothing happens - heat decreases, five shows without a major advancement.

Show 6: Finally remember to advance the storyline - heat presumably increases unless the segment sucked.

Show 7: All four workers involved in the storyline appear on the show, but not in segments related to the storyline - heat decreases, "did they forget they're supposed to be feuding?".

Ok, thx. I see it now. The colors are kinda confusing: every level should have a different color.

Another follow-up question: how does the "advance storyline" road agent note work with this? Normally I'd set up an interference/distraction, but this takes extra time. Can I just advance the storyline this way without booking the interference in the match?

So basically I'm going to ignore the "success" then to save some time. :p

House shows definitely affect fatigue, yes.

Out of interest, how has he had four matches in a week? And assuming that's not a typo, I'd say even without house shows 4 matches in a week is going to cause a guy some issues...

Unless you disable the feature (I'm pretty sure it's always on by default), the AI will smartly book house shows so that they don't use workers who are already fatigued, but obviously it needs to fill the shows so if you haven't got enough guys working house shows (in addition to their four show a week TV schedule...) they won't be able to have much of a rest.

If you're finding house shows cause too much fatigue (or more accurately I should say, don't allow workers enough rest to lower fatigue) then you can try running fewer of them. Click the yellow dates on the house shows screen to turn them off. By default you run three per week on Mon, Weds, Fri. If you have a show on the same day as a house show, it won't run (so if you have a TV show taped/held on a Monday, you'll only ever run two house shows by default as the Monday show will always be cancelled). Maybe play around with it so that you run shows either less frequently, or more spaced out with your TV shows.

As TCW, I have a weekly show on Tuesdays. Therefore I rearrange my house shows to be on Thursdays and Saturdays only. This gives everyone two days off between shows even if they work house shows, because my product is pretty harsh on the workers.

Sorry, I meant 4 matches in two weeks - I'm doing 1 episode of Supremacy & 1 episode of Uprising as a B Show plus there was the PPV but I didn't book him for that. I used him as my example based on the news item but I've got loads of wrestlers complaining of fatigue.

Another one is Bear Bekowski, he's had two matches so far and it says he has very low levels of fatigue which I'm pretty sure means he'll say he's tired if I book him in tonight's Supremacy. I also got the same complaint from Matty Faith & Masked Patriot so the next show I gave them a three minute promo. Show ends and they again say they need a rest. I'll turn off the Monday house show and see if that helps, just thought it was very early to have fatigued wrestlers.

So let's say:

Show 1: Tag team storyline starts, on-screen fight.

Show 2: Nothing happens - no problem.

Show 3: Nothing happens - heat decreases, two shows without mentioning the storyline.

Show 4: Hype video to remind fans this storyline is a thing, doesn't "advance" the storyline but is counted part of it - no problem.

Show 5: Nothing happens - heat decreases, five shows without a major advancement.

Show 6: Finally remember to advance the storyline - heat presumably increases unless the segment sucked.

Show 7: All four workers involved in the storyline appear on the show, but not in segments related to the storyline - heat decreases, "did they forget they're supposed to be feuding?".

You've got Russo TNA booking down pat.

Quick question as I might not be getting it, if a companies schedule is "fixed" will the AI not try to get on tv, if they only have events? Or can you have a company with no TV have a "fixed" schedule, but still later on get a TV show?

There is the option for monthly, where the computer arranges monthly events, is that a better option for if you still want the company to go for TV and events?

I tried to search and also I can't find a section for this in the

Also, with fixed it says the AI won't modify anything, does that include show lengths? As they'll obviously need longer shows as they grow

The default data has everything as fixed so I'm guessing they'll still improve lengths to be relative to size, and go after TV, but I want to make sure

Another follow-up question: how does the "advance storyline" road agent note work with this? Normally I'd set up an interference/distraction, but this takes extra time. Can I just advance the storyline this way without booking the interference in the match?

That note will just mean that the segment will count as part of the storyline even if it doesn't otherwise qualify. So yes, if you want to and don't care about the semantics or any potential momentum implications you could probably use this instead of distractions/run-ins.

Are weight/body type changes not stored as news stories anymore? I requested a ton of my wrestlers to get more muscular or bigger and I only noticed that they had started to go through by accidentally seeing that Juggernaut Jones was now ripped. Previously they were categorized as random incidents, but now I'm seeing that the news story might not even be there? I didn't even get an e-mail letting me know the change had happened.

In 2016, the notifications were really useful, because I would immediately see the worker flagged and be able to check what happened to their SQ/menace/athleticism/etc.

If the notifications are gone completely, please let me know!