TEW2020 CornellVerse Discussion Thread

• Replies 575
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Early thoughts:

1. There seem to be quite a lot of new workers, more than the jump from 2010 to 2016 if I recall. It's a good thing.

2. Golden ending up in SWF is no huge surprise. Like the history with Bruce; that is very cool.

3. Scythe retiring Skull DeBones was a shock, but seeing Son of Vengeance in development is pretty cool.

4. The Syndicate are back, nice.

5. Are Nemesis & Sam Strong both dead? Can't find them in the list of workers. Didn't read about any deaths in anyone else's bio and didn't look at the database yet.

6. CWA, awesome!

[*]Are Nemesis & Sam Strong both dead? Can't find them in the list of workers. Didn't read about any deaths in anyone else's bio and didn't look at the database yet.

Sam has left the business. Nemesis is deceased. Both left the business and deceased workers don't show in the default search results, you need to open the search screen and hit search for them to show up (it was the same for deceased workers in TEW2016).

Early thoughts:

1. There seem to be quite a lot of new workers, more than the jump from 2010 to 2016 if I recall. It's a good thing.

2. Golden ending up in SWF is no huge surprise. Like the history with Bruce; that is very cool.

3. Scythe retiring Skull DeBones was a shock, but seeing Son of Vengeance in development is pretty cool.

4. The Syndicate are back, nice.

5. Are Nemesis & Sam Strong both dead? Can't find them in the list of workers. Didn't read about any deaths in anyone else's bio and didn't look at the database yet.

6. CWA, awesome!

Nemesis is dead and Sam Strong has left the business so they both naturally filter out of the pool.

Really iffy on the PGHW changes for 2020, while its great to see a new wave get that rise in the company, I will always miss PRIDE and Yoshimi as in ring wrestlers, it was always going to happen, but I hate to see all the casualties of the wrestling style sine its my favorite to book.

I mean, the age is catching up to everyone, it was inevitable.

On the PGHW front, how have they done in terms of turning Jimbo, Kitoaji, Makiguchi, and SATO into stars? I assume Kawashima, Ugaki, Yasuda, and Kwakami are the centers of the main event scene now.

No Warrior Engine! Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!! Seriously, I might cry. Happy for Senmatsu though getting his run in the big time with Burning Hammer.

At least BCG is still going strong, I almost expected them to lose the battle with GCG.

And I'm super stoked so many of my graphics made it in the game. Not to toot my own horn or anything but hot damn those DSPW belts look good. I didn't notice how good those came out until I saw them in game.

Legit shocked that ACPW outlived 4C, I was completely expecting the opposite to happen. Thrilled that ACPW is going integrated though, as much as CWA sounds tempting I might have to make that my first game.

Can’t check until I get off work, does anybody know if Lucy Stone-McFly has debuted yet?

ACPW and CZCW solidified themselves as my indisputable top 2 favourite promotions with the way they have integrated women wrestling (although let's be honest, they were already my top 2 by far before this haha). Love that my two favourite companies have become even better although bittersweet at the same time because I loved the challenge of bringing ACPW up with barely any popularity.

Agh working so I can’t download the demo till later, was also wondering if Swoop McCarthy is still locked in Australia? Or if the requirements to sign foreign workers has been lowered?

To clarify: 1) Yes, he is exclusive to Oceania. 2) Even if he weren't, he has an exclusive written deal with RAW until 2025 (according to the bio, so I assume it's actually the case).

I really, really didn't want Operation Lullaby to actually be successful. The whole idea is ridiculous. But at least it was only enough to be a scandal, not enough enough to actually cause arrests or the company being prosecuted.