TEW 2020 Small Questions Thread

So first off, Love the new game. Im just kinda disapointed in one aspect/feature that was promised and I am just not seeing.

I read that who you have on your show can greatly increase or decrease attendance. I thought this was awesome and actually made hiring a big star thats sort of out of your league for a one off show actually worth while. I started as a 0/0/0/0 fed (basically a fed with nothing, no pop, etc). Ran 4 shows and attendance was 10, 17, 20, then 23. I signed Cedric Alexander for a big event, hes easily 30 more pop than anyone ive had on a show so far. Only problem is my attendance only jumped up to... 24. An increase of 1 fan.

Is this feature more of a random thing and not a gaurentee attendance increase? or did I not pre-book far enough in advance? is their something in the options menu i didnt see to turn this on/off?

If it helps, I only signed him because Ernest Youngman broke his neck a week before I was gonna have him win the first ever world title. So I think the pre-booked match was only prebooked for like 2-3 days.

So first off, Love the new game. Im just kinda disapointed in one aspect/feature that was promised and I am just not seeing.

I read that who you have on your show can greatly increase or decrease attendance. I thought this was awesome and actually made hiring a big star thats sort of out of your league for a one off show actually worth while. I started as a 0/0/0/0 fed (basically a fed with nothing, no pop, etc). Ran 4 shows and attendance was 10, 17, 20, then 23. I signed Cedric Alexander for a big event, hes easily 30 more pop than anyone ive had on a show so far. Only problem is my attendance only jumped up to... 24. An increase of 1 fan.

Is this feature more of a random thing and not a gaurentee attendance increase? or did I not pre-book far enough in advance? is their something in the options menu i didnt see to turn this on/off?

If it helps, I only signed him because Ernest Youngman broke his neck a week before I was gonna have him win the first ever world title. So I think the pre-booked match was only prebooked for like 2-3 days.

i think pre book bonuses are turned off by default and you need to turn them on in preferences. i could be wrong tho. also if the event is not a weekly event you need to prebook more than a week in advance.

I get a note that says pre booking doesn't affect companies small or below.

I believe if you have pre-booking requirements and bonuses enabled, then even though you don't need to pre-book because of size, you can still get a bonus for pre-booking a really good match and a penalty for not following through with a match you pre-book.

I'm having an issue finding a way to borrow the NWA title (I'm in the NWA)

When booking your show, on the booking screen, there should be a button that says Alliance Titles (or belts, I don't have the booking screen open right now). Click on it and it should bring up the NWA champions. You hit 'borrow' on the belt you want and it adds the champion and belt to your roster for the show.

Okay I just bought the game and I started with CWA the first thing I'm doing is releasing some people but my question is how do I do that? I know it was covered earlier in a thread or maybe in this thread itself but I can't seem to find it. So How do I release wrestlers in TEW 2020?

Okay I just bought the game and I started with CWA the first thing I'm doing is releasing some people but my question is how do I do that? I know it was covered earlier in a thread or maybe in this thread itself but I can't seem to find it. So How do I release wrestlers in TEW 2020?

Click the arrow on popularity. It will take you to the contract screen. The release button is there.

I tried to search for this but didn't find it so apologies if its been asked but for angle focus is there any reason game success wise to use any other setting than "tight Focus"?

For the match focus "Main Event Spotlight" is putting all you eggs in one basket. The player is really betting the farm that the main event will come through. By picking one of the other focuses / foci you are lessening the importance of the main event. With angles though its the best one, whichever one that is. Unlike the main event the player doesn't have to choose which angle is the main one. So it seems that allowing lesser angles in the calculation can only serve to hurt the player's show grade.

Am I missing something?

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="rufas2000" data-cite="rufas2000" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="47811" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I tried to search for this but didn't find it so apologies if its been asked but for angle focus is there any reason game success wise to use any other setting than "tight Focus"?<p> </p><p> For the match focus "Main Event Spotlight" is putting all you eggs in one basket. The player is really betting the farm that the main event will come through. By picking one of the other focuses / foci you are lessening the importance of the main event. With angles though its the best one, whichever one that is. Unlike the main event the player doesn't have to choose which angle is the main one. So it seems that allowing lesser angles in the calculation can only serve to hurt the player's show grade.</p><p> </p><p> Am I missing something?</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> You're right that, if you're going purely for "I want the highest possible rating" Tight angle focus is going to get you that pretty much every time. </p><p> </p><p> The others are there to better reflect "realism" (whatever that means in this context), or for more of a challenge. Consistent focus in particular gives you a bonus if the overall angle rating is still good, to reflect the fact it's harder to achieve. </p><p> </p><p> Personally, I go with Regular, because I don't like the feeling that everyone except Sammy Bach or Wolf Hawkins is irrelevant. Highlights is also kinda cool for a bigger fed although oddly named IMO.</p><p> </p><p> Different products have different styles and set out to achieve different things. You might only care about the main event, and therefore it makes sense that the only angle you'd care about is the main event angle (meaning the one that's hyping the main event). You might have several big, hot storylines going on at once, in which case it'd be kinda disappointing if only the best one counted for the show rating, even if technically that got you the best score. You might run the entire thing like a soap opera, and therefore the angles are more important than the matches, so how "good" the show is depends on how good all of the angles are, not just one.</p><p> </p><p> But no, you're not missing anything. Tight is the way to go if you're all about getting the best possible rating.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="47811" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>But no, you're not missing anything. Tight is the way to go if you're all about getting the best possible rating.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Thank you for the thorough explanation.</p><p> </p><p> A possible counterbalance could be that while that best angle gets a slight overness gain for its participants every other angle has the overness gained lessened to simulate that you've trained an audience to single out one angle a night to talk about after and so the others are somewhat forgotten. </p><p> </p><p> I'm not of the school that everything has to balanced and that all possible exploits be eliminated but I think this would be a good cost / benefit idea for the angles and one that can be justified realistically.</p><p> </p><p> Thanks again.</p>

<p>Not really a question about anyone 1 particular aspect of the game, but seeing as the game has been available for nearly a day, would anyone recommend starting save with this version of the game? If so are there any close to complete realistic mods at this time?</p><p> </p><p>

I'll be 100% getting the game, but I'd rather wait a few weeks or however long it takes, than start a save now that I'll no doubt restart because I'm not happy with it. For example things like Smackdown getting TV ratings over 10 million from week 1, or Impact doing 200,000 PPV buys would really bother me to the point I couldn't play it.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="vigiel" data-cite="vigiel" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="47811" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>how can i make an inactive team in my company into active? can't seem to find the way to set it into active</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Teams - Type - from inactive to active? It's right there.</p>