TEW 2020 Small Questions Thread

<p>I imported a 2016 database and when I view match reports it shows wrestlers older gimmicks, or real names (example: uhaa nation instead of apollo crews)</p><p> </p><p>

Is there an option I'm missing to toggle it, or is it a bug with importing older databases pulling older gimmicks over current ones?</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="TL2011" data-cite="TL2011" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="47811" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>How do I change the start date of the game (to 2010,say) without getting all of the conflict errors? Is there a quick way to do this?</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Edit Database, at the bottom, Database Details, and you can edit the start date.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="PlatYellow" data-cite="PlatYellow" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="47811" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Edit Database, at the bottom, Database Details, and you can edit the start date.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Thanks, what I mean is after doing so starting a new game is impossible as there are loads of contracts for companies that don't exist yet, among other things, which cause errors. Is there a way to amend this? Sorry, I wasn't very clear</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="TL2011" data-cite="TL2011" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="47811" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Thanks, what I mean is after doing so starting a new game is impossible as there are loads of contracts for companies that don't exist yet, among other things, which cause errors. Is there a way to amend this? Sorry, I wasn't very clear</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> No, you would need to edit things to make it work.</p>

Thanks, what I mean is after doing so starting a new game is impossible as there are loads of contracts for companies that don't exist yet, among other things, which cause errors. Is there a way to amend this? Sorry, I wasn't very clear

In TEW 2016 I merged a real world mod with the cverse and set the start date to 1988. IN order to get it to work, I had to go back and remove all created contracts, title histories etc. Then you re-add contracts for workers you want to be under contract.

In TEW 2016 I merged a real world mod with the cverse and set the start date to 1988. IN order to get it to work, I had to go back and remove all created contracts, title histories etc. Then you re-add contracts for workers you want to be under contract.

I'd like to do it in the cverse. Would that entail manually importing every category from the default db to my custom one, then deleting contracts as you say, or do you only import the stuff that existed on or before your start date? Meaning if I don't import a new company then it is impossible for there to be contracts for it, thus meaning I don't need to manually delete contracts at all? Is there a quicker way to duplicate the cverse db as I can't edit the original given that I'll inevitably make it unplayable, this being my first time doing anything in the editor.

Thanks a lot

what would people say was the best way of improving people stats

Lots of matches against people who've got better stats than them, especially at a young age.

This is, of course, assuming that nothing's changed in that regard from 2016!

Workers develop faster at a younger rate.

They developer faster when working more often.

They develop faster when facing people better than them.

They will also develop with experience generally, but more slowly than they will get with regular match time.

One other thing to consider is that it's relatively easy to develop skills in the low end of the range. The higher a worker's skill in any area is, the harder it is for them to improve. Over the years I've seen lots of worker in developmental feds and just generally in my companies quickly developing their Puro skill from single digits up into the 30s or even higher - because they only need a little practise to become below average in a skill, and lots of workers are average/below average in Puro and can share that knowledge. But getting that skill up further is likely to need time in Japan - or working against a lot of Japanese imports.

What's makes a good road agent? My road agent seems to keep on getting bad reviews, even though he has a 80 in psychology.

Psychology and Experience, with Respect less so. How many agents do you have? Their effective skill is weaker if they're doing many matches in one night, which means you'll need more than 1.

Psychology and Experience, with Respect less so. How many agents do you have? Their effective skill is weaker if they're doing many matches in one night, which means you'll need more than 1.

Holy crap, thanks for this! I was wondering why my RAs (including my user character) were getting dinged for bad angle/match setups. Probably because they're working so many.

That begs the question, do angles NEED a road agent assigned to them? Can I eliminate using RAs for angles and not incur steep penalties? I tend to run more in the AEW style for promos (grab a cameraman and a mic and do your promo) than WWE (8 different people have to sign off on it and they have to do the backstage set a certain way, THEN you can do your heavily edited, scripted promo) so having a road agent wouldn't fit my presentation.