TEW 2020 Small Questions Thread

Maybe I'm blind as a bat, but I have searched the forums looking for new skins but haven't found any.... including using the search function. Can anyone help?

http://greydogsoftware.com/forum/showthread.php?t=545720

Scroll down a bit and you will see links to individual threads with user made skins. Make sure any skin you download makes mention of being updated for the full release, because any that haven't been updated post full release will not match with the newer graphics in the game.

if i download this game, start a save file (on 1.07), and a new patch comes out... if i update to that patch, will it effect my current save file?

No, all new patches are save game compatible so you should be fine.

There might be changes in the new patch which affect your game downstream from the point it’s currently at, but your save will always work perfectly fine.

So two product related questions:

Which product most closely resembles what AEW does?

What would be the easiest product to work with - starting with a very small company, so I know the ratings will not be great to begin with.

if i download this game, start a save file (on 1.07), and a new patch comes out... if i update to that patch, will it effect my current save file?

As a general rule (unless something major is changed, which at this point seems unlikely) the patches are save game compatible, so you should be able to continue without any issues.

However, the patches don't (usually) fix data errors that have already happened, they only prevent them from happening in future. So if a bug has already been introduced in your save, the patch probably won't make it go away (with the exception of most RTE crashes). For example, if a worker's popularity was reduced/increased hugely due to a bug for example, a patch won't fix his popularity in that save, but will prevent the issue from happening again.

a little confused about the "Broadcast Purpose" option

in the real world, what would be the differences between shows with that option

Not sure what you mean, where are you seeing this?

Do you mean Event Intent?

So two product related questions:

Which product most closely resembles what AEW does?

What would be the easiest product to work with - starting with a very small company, so I know the ratings will not be great to begin with.

Wrestling Nerd Nirvana I think is the general consensus for AEW.

As for what's easiest to work with, IMO probably No Style or Classic Southern Wrasslin'.

As for what's easiest to work with, IMO probably No Style or Classic Southern Wrasslin'.

Thanks! I've only run a few test cards and I keep forgetting about not using the angles with the passive stats - that killed what little traction those were getting. I'll try a few different styles to see what leads to a more natural booking flow for me.

Except Wrestling Nerd Nirvana gets penalized for Blood and Guts, which is a big problem.

Except Wrestling Nerd Nirvana gets penalized for Blood and Guts, which is a big problem.

AEW hasn't even ran their blood & guts match yet though? When they did their psuedo deathmatch with Mox and Omega there was pushback to it.

Now Dustin and Cody have gotten really bloody before, but that's not particularly visible in game.

AEW hasn't even ran their blood & guts match yet though? When they did their psuedo deathmatch with Mox and Omega there was pushback to it.

That's certainly a fair point, there is a possibility that there is a cap on how violent their crowd is willing to tolerate, and we haven't learned enough about the audience or company to make such a decision.

Does anybody know removing your announcers during angles will hurt the show rating? I want to use my announcers to host a series of preshow or postshow angles where I do interviews, but don’t want my show rating to suffer if the segment has no announcers assigned. I could just slot in some less skilled people for those segments, but I was hoping to not have to.

I created a topic for this, not realizing that this would fit better in the small questions thread.

I ran into a situation when playing the Default database as SWF and I'm not sure what is the proper way to handle it: I got an email that one of the RIPW roster was having a contract renewal coming up. I went through and negotiated with him to ensure he got a renewal, but once it was finalized he had been moved to the SWF roster (and vacated the tag title he co-held for RIPW).

Should I ignore these emails and the child company will renew the contract? I'm not sure if I handled this correctly.

I created a topic for this, not realizing that this would fit better in the small questions thread.

I ran into a situation when playing the Default database as SWF and I'm not sure what is the proper way to handle it: I got an email that one of the RIPW roster was having a contract renewal coming up. I went through and negotiated with him to ensure he got a renewal, but once it was finalized he had been moved to the SWF roster (and vacated the tag title he co-held for RIPW).

Should I ignore these emails and the child company will renew the contract? I'm not sure if I handled this correctly.

When you click on the decision to finalize the contract it should have a drop down box that let's you resign them to the main roster or keep them in Developmental. . and it defaults to the main roster so I'd guess you just didn't notice it and once you finalized it they were instantly brought back up to SWF. .

I can't speak for what a good product would be, but if you're having an issue with ladder matches not working under a Wrestling Nerd Nirvana product (or Fast And Furious or Guerrilla Warfare), it's not a product issue. It's a database issue. For ladder matches to be usable by all product types, the Injury Risk should be set to Average rather than High.

Is it really simulating what a ladder match would be like tho, if the risk is just average?

Is it really simulating what a ladder match would be like tho, if the risk is just average?

It could probably be argued either direction, but as an example from WWE, I would say most ladder matches nowadays and even some from the truly early days aren't and weren't nearly as risky as ladder matches during the Attitude era and before the PG era. . It's really just comes down to a matter of perspective. . If you just want it for the gimmick then I don't see an issue in setting the content and injury risk low enough to suit your product as the goal is the gimmick not the content. . If your goal is to simulate the old Tag team TLC matches then you'd probably not be lowering those settings. .

So I've got a problem. I signed a deal to do Tour Highlights with someone in my BCG save, and cancelled my current deal. But the new deal is still not active. I tried to cancel it, but the game won't let. I also see no way to change that in the editor. Anyone have any ideas on a fix?

Wolf Hawkins left to try his hand at politics. What a dick.

The Wolf of the White House. All hail! :cool:

do dev companies need road agents, commentators and refs?

Why wouldn't they need them? But you don't have to take care of it, the AI should sign them on its own.