TEW 2020 Small Questions Thread

I'm not sure what it means but I've had 3 workers in one month request a pay raise then when I click to view it, it says the situation has changed and there request has been withdrawn... :confused:

That’s a bug which has already been reported in the tech support forum:

http://www.greydogsoftware.com/forum/showthread.php?t=548705

It will be fixed in the next patch.

When negotiating a TV deal what is the purpose of ...

"The purpose of this deal is" default, normal, lesser etc?

I'm creating a B show do I need to signify that it is "lesser", lesser than what? Confused about this and can't find it in the guide.

Also is there any point of a B show other than a little money maybe and development and story line progression? Would it be worth it to go on a free to air station for a b show over the a cable network where I may make a little coin?

Yeah I think it means lesser than a normal "A" show. And I think B shows you can use Unimportant workers at will and it won't matter as much and get them to at least recognizable. So they can eventually move on to an A show. At least that's my understanding.

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Grant_King" data-cite="Grant_King" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="47811" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Is there anyway to change a workers status in-game? I want to change a worker to be on hiatus or to leave the business, but I don't want to start a new game because I'm 4 years into a RTG!</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Unfortunately not.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Jaded" data-cite="Jaded" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="47811" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Unfortunately not.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Damn. Wanted to get rid of a few people after some new that came to light during the week lol</p>

i'm still new to the game so i'm slowly incorporating more stuff into my playing. so i have a question about storylines. i'm getting more into using the angle writer. how exactly does storyline change work? what does it do to the storyline heat? and how should i use minor victory, major victory, minor defeat, major defeat etc? is there any pros or cons to using angle creator almost exclusively? also, probably just a detailed explanation of risk/impact/default angle. i'm not seeing anything in the handbook about it.

Is there anyway to help a tanking wrestling industry? My promotion is based in the British Isles, and the wrestling industry has an 8 rating, and is still falling.

Someone else can answer for sure, but I don't think so. I think this is completely independent of quality of shows, number of stars, number of promotions, etc. It'll probably drop to 0 and then rise.

Is there anyway to help a tanking wrestling industry? My promotion is based in the British Isles, and the wrestling industry has an 8 rating, and is still falling.

Something you can always do, first Monday of the month go into options and click turn to database. It will turn your save into a database. Make sure you save first just in case. Go to database details near the bottom of the screen. There you can change the industry and economy level. Then just start a new save using that database. Don't worry though because when you start that new save, at least in my experience, the feuds I had were still there, with the same heat. The championship reigns were still there telling me how many defenses they had and whatnot. I was ROH and didn't want to be stuck with a growing company under Sinclair, and their kind of crappy tv deal where my company couldn't really rise. So I did that. The only problem will be when you go in, it'll tell you that you have a bunch of errors. If you signed people, and they still have contracts with other promotions, you'll have to change some things before going back in. In this case go back into the editor and scroll to workers. Take note of who has multiple contracts. Look for that person and go to contracts and just delete their old contracts.

Sorry that is a lot of stuff I typed out. But hopefully that helps you.

Short of disabling the feature, there's not much you can really do in-game to affect the rating.

If you're desperate enough to cheat, there is a way of doing it via Narratives. You can create a new narrative in the editor and set it's effect to British Industry Boom (I'd go easy on the effect strength). Make sure the trigger date comes after the current day in your save. Import it and you're done.

This will also work if you use the in-game editor to change an old, existing narrative that's already triggered.

That said, I'd suggest just riding it out if you can. The industry and economy seem to turn pretty quickly in this edition.

If I have two images for a new character but I want the game to understand that one is an "alt", is there a way to do this in the editor? By alts I mean having a short hair and long hair version of the same face, not a different gimmick in a different fed.

Is it only default CVerse characters that can have alts?

If I have two images for a new character but I want the game to understand that one is an "alt", is there a way to do this in the editor? By alts I mean having a short hair and long hair version of the same face, not a different gimmick in a different fed.

Is it only default CVerse characters that can have alts?

In the main editor you can create an alter ego for him.

In-game, change the worker's picture, save, click yes when asked if you'd like to save it as an alter ego. Then you can switch between them using the alter egos dropdown on that page.

When someone goes on hiatus mid-contract do they still get paid while on hiatus?

I think you do keep paying them. I've had as many as four top stars go away. I've never noticed a significant decrease in my payroll and I feel like I would. I haven't exactly kept detailed numbers on this so I may be wrong.

I know their contract doesn't "freeze" or anything like that. So if you sign a guy for a three year contract in January 2020, that contract will expire in January 2023 no matter how many movies they left to make. I don't know if this is somehow incorporated into the mechanic or if I'm just lucky... but I've never had a guy leave for anything during the time where his contract would expire. Not to my recollection. When it's time to re-sign they are always available to me.

Sorry if this has been asked before; I did a quick search of this thread without any results. Does anyone have any experience values (or good enough game knowledge) how many house shows are appropriate for a company (CWA) that has monthly PPVs, one 'A' TV show and another 'B' TV show? The default three seems a bit high to me, but I don't have any idea how the game works in this regard.

I'm probably missing something very obvious but how do you write comments etc about an angle so it shows up when you go through the show recap?

I see most Youtubers do this to obviously explain what is happening, especially with freestyle angles.

I've seen that you can click on the box during the show recap and write what you want but how do you enter what you want before the show starts?

Thanks!