TEW 2020 Small Questions Thread

Maybe I'm overthinking this or something but can someone explain this end-of-show note to me?

"We would have gained popularity in an additional 1 region but growth was restricted due to the audience size"

I've noticed this for the first time in the latest update. No idea where it's came from, Now had it in 2 if the last 4 shows I've ran. A TV show where I had 13,500 people in a 15,000 seat arena and a PPV with over 47,000 people in a 50,000 seat arena. The Two other shows I've run have been sell out's 10k and 2k respectively and to note. Very annoying New feature.

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Bikemelon" data-cite="Bikemelon" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="47811" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Any advice on how to break a workers popularity cap? I'm not fully sure how it's calculated or what methods there are to get around it? It's a bit disheartening to give someone a big push only for them to cap out all around at say, 73 pop.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Grrr. Make a cheat code.</p>

<p>Is there a way to increase the cap with time? I like, that a "monster push" is not enough to become an elite superstar.</p><p> But it would feel sad, that a talented worker is limited to the 70 range forever.</p><p> </p><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="EIOEIO" data-cite="EIOEIO" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="47811" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I've noticed this for the first time in the latest update. No idea where it's came from, Now had it in 2 if the last 4 shows I've ran. A TV show where I had 13,500 people in a 15,000 seat arena and a PPV with over 47,000 people in a 50,000 seat arena. The Two other shows I've run have been sell out's 10k and 2k respectively and to note. Very annoying New feature.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> So far it's not that bad. I just want a in-game description why this happened, so I can figure out what I can do to beat it. ;-)</p>

I can think of at least a dozen wrestlers WWE has tried to monster push but couldn't quite get them over the "Cap" if you will.

Billy Gunn is the major one coming to mind. Can't push everyone to the moon and expect them to be superstar

I agree and don't believe, that everybody should be able to reach everything. But wrestling isn't stale and occasionally e.g. a character change increases the potential. I believe Stunning Steve Austin would have never achieved the 100 that Stonecold probably had.

I currently have Jay Silver capped at 70, after pushing him in the mid card. I'm fine with this. But if he stays there forever, I can never push him for the Main Event. Which feels stale.

Any advice on how to break a workers popularity cap? I'm not fully sure how it's calculated or what methods there are to get around it? It's a bit disheartening to give someone a big push only for them to cap out all around at say, 73 pop.

Its a bit perplexing to me as well. I can tell you the information I suspect or know to be true and take it for what it's worth.

Broadcaster and company size is a major factor in popularity cap according to the in game help file. There is also a hidden random element. This is where what I know ends and where what I've noticed/suspect begins.

I grew from medium to titanic. I did this with my own enormous broadcaster with worldwide coverage. Yep its 100% cheaty I am not bragging here simply providing information. I did notice increases in pop cap for some workers when i went from medium to big but not past that.

Time seems to be a factor.

I had a slew of young talent hit that popularity cap at 70 and stayed there as I grew in size. I could track this over the course of the year int he game, I'd see wild increases for several consecutive months even if they lost and then they flatline at 70. Now, SOME of these workers are now in their late 20s and have gone beyond that. Most only slightly (increases into the mid to high 70s at best). A rare handful have gone on to have soaring pop caps and be big stars.

I definitely TRIED to break this cap by having them beat more massively popular workers. Monster squashes are great for gaining pop but they have zero effect on the cap itself. Original Sinner was sitting at 70 for years for me and Angry Gilmore came to me wanting to put him over. Gilmore's pop is about 80ish at this point as I've had him put some of my other stars over. So I set that match up thinking surely THIS will be the one that breaks the cap... and it doesn't. At all. Original Sinner wins, Gilmore's pop goes down the high 70s, but Original Sinner gets nothing.

I should mention I put Original Sinner in a training center for years so at this point he's significantly better than he is Monday January Week 1 2020.

Eventually, I simply noticed one day his pop was no longer 70 everywhere in the world. It was 73. He got there one month for no reason at all. Sure he was winning but nothing spectacular and nothing I hadn't done before. It just happened. I went back to his records to see if he had a big win I forgot or something but nothing popped out at me. No big skill increase in that month. No real reason for that to be the month it happened. It just... did.

As time went on in that save I saw this happening to other workers. I think their skills just get better which makes their pop cap get better. Obviously Star Quality is the most important skill in this regard but I've had guys with the same exact SQ have different pop caps so there's also simply a random element. Other skills probably come into play a bit too over time I'm not 100% sure which ones do which. IT MAY be company based. I run a "no style style" so like... I don't know... maybe if you're a more in-ring focused company THOSE skills come into play? Maybe if you're entertainment based stuff like charisma and microphone comes into play. I simply cant say for sure but really good workers tend to have really good pop caps in my company. Just not always.

After years and years I've literally only had 4 guys hit 100 pop on a roster which tends to have about 70-80 wrestlers at a time.

TLDR: My theory is they get better skills which increase their pop cap eventually, but skills increases kind of "bleed out" over time in this game rather than the more stoic skills progression of past games so it's not an exact science when those specific increases actually effectively raise their cap. It just kinda happens. And there's definitely a hidden random element.

I've noticed this for the first time in the latest update. No idea where it's came from, Now had it in 2 if the last 4 shows I've ran. A TV show where I had 13,500 people in a 15,000 seat arena and a PPV with over 47,000 people in a 50,000 seat arena. The Two other shows I've run have been sell out's 10k and 2k respectively and to note. Very annoying New feature.

Man why do we have two threads on this forum for basically the same thing :) . I answered this in the general game-play thread:

http://www.greydogsoftware.com/forum/showpost.php?p=2450792&postcount=2003

Forgive me for asking but what does it mean when it says:

we would have gained popularity in an additional 2 regions but growth was restricted due to the audience size?

Just had a 90 rated show and it came up with that in the post show notes

It’s from the natural growth system. Adam’s response in the suggestion forum:

Closing this. As I've already stated, this is addressed in the next patch. The new system will be that the region the show is being held in is exempt, regions in the company's home area have a very high ceiling, minimum 55, and foreign regions have a lower cap, minimum 35. This addresses the issues raised and still performs the necessary task of stopping companies like EILL from gaining high levels of popularity in the US through a small broadcasting deal without ever visiting there.

http://www.greydogsoftware.com/forum/showthread.php?t=548695

There is an option to turn these caps off (Natural Growth).

<p>I tried asking that in another thread a while back, with no answer. Maybe I'll try here.</p><p> </p><p>

AFAIK, TEW 2016 didn't generate new wrestlers that were blood related to existing wrestlers. Does 2020 do that? For organic/generated worlds, it's a huge deal.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Ufnal" data-cite="Ufnal" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="47811" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I tried asking that in another thread a while back, with no answer. Maybe I'll try here.<p> </p><p> AFAIK, TEW 2016 didn't generate new wrestlers that were blood related to existing wrestlers. Does 2020 do that? For organic/generated worlds, it's a huge deal.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I know mask legacies do but I don’t think others will.</p>

<p>This has been answered before but I can't remember the exact wording. Wasn't sure what to actually type in the search bar to find it.</p><p> </p><p>

"A Pretty vocal crowd didn't seem particularly thrilled with seeing x "</p><p> </p><p>

What attributes needed to at what level to ensure you didn't get this. Sorry for a question that has been answered before.</p>

1. I have my company and three child companies. I have the company and two child companies in an alliance. Trying to add the third child company to the alliance and I get blocked by one of my other child companies "that doesn't see the value" in the third being added. They're all my companies, and I'm the founder of the alliance, a child company should not be able to block me in this manner.

How do I fix this, the in-game editor doesn't allow you to add companies to alliances.

2. Trying to add a worker with a high booking skill to be the booker of one of my child companies. He comes up on the list to be an owner, but not to be the booker despite having a high booking score. The manual says "only interested" workers will come up on the list to booker. Do I have to hire him as owner in order to unlock him as a booker?

Thanks!

1. I have my company and three child companies. I have the company and two child companies in an alliance. Trying to add the third child company to the alliance and I get blocked by one of my other child companies "that doesn't see the value" in the third being added. They're all my companies, and I'm the founder of the alliance, a child company should not be able to block me in this manner.

How do I fix this, the in-game editor doesn't allow you to add companies to alliances.

2. Trying to add a worker with a high booking skill to be the booker of one of my child companies. He comes up on the list to be an owner, but not to be the booker despite having a high booking score. The manual says "only interested" workers will come up on the list to booker. Do I have to hire him as owner in order to unlock him as a booker?

Thanks!

1. Check the child company is "open" to alliances and likes them. Set in editor if you have to.

2. Check the OWNER and ensure their "Business" is set to something that makes them likely to say yes. Someone must have a personality - or maybe the owner of the "no" hates the guy owning the other company.

Question - have you considered using pre-game editor to set your Child Companies into an alliance, and remove yourself from it? That way they can't Alliance Loan your workers and fatigue them, but can still use each other's workers.

If nothing else, export your save as a database, then set the alliance how you want, then re-launch the new game? Should work?

Question - have you considered using pre-game editor to set your Child Companies into an alliance, and remove yourself from it? That way they can't Alliance Loan your workers and fatigue them, but can still use each other's workers.

That really isn't my issue. I want all my child companies and myself in an alliance so we can use alliance belts across all companies.

I am being blocked by doing so due to one of my child companies blocking my alliance from accepting another one of my child companies. I own both companies. Nobody should be blocking me from bringing people into the alliance I've founded.

One of my other child companies was in an alliance when I bought it, and I still cannot figure out how to get that child company OUT of that alliance so I can invite that company into my alliance.

Really don't understand why I can't use the in-game editor for this, makes no sense to me. Or at the least, why I can't control this in my child companies section.

Can you just add a new player as the child company that usually blocks it, so that they don’t?

If you export to a database it’ll mess with random stuff like deleting storylines and re-roll all of the random elements of the game or time sensitive stuff (upgrading merch for instance).

I have two small questions.

1. Since I reached Big size I always finished the national battles second. However in the "battle" section my top workers have the highest overness. I also had the best shows of all big promotions. - How are the battles judged?

2. At the current level booking is starting to get stale, with most of my workers reaching their cap. Gino Montero is champion with 91 pop. Since I had a long Extraordinario reign (88) I'd like to have the title change hand a few times, now. And also let the high-pop-wrestlers occasionally lose to mid carders. "Anything can happen."

How can I book a less over guy to victory without the more over guy to lose popularity?

I don't need a pop boost for the lesser worker. Just the freedom of creativity without penalty.

how do i book a face vs face match without a penalty? i wanna book benoit vs taker at mania but i test booked a face v face match between shawn and benoit and they both had great in ring performances but i got a huge penalty for face vs face

Three Way Elimination match with a heel wrestler and let the heel be eliminated first?

Or change your product in a way, that face/heel doesn't matter.

how do i book a face vs face match without a penalty? i wanna book benoit vs taker at mania but i test booked a face v face match between shawn and benoit and they both had great in ring performances but i got a huge penalty for face vs face

What do you consider a "huge penalty"? It's usually pretty small.