TEW 2020 Small Questions Thread

Two questions;

1) I have prepared to recall Tommasso Ciampa from NXT. He has the title currently, so I want him to drop it before calling him up. On the latest PPV for NXT, he wasn't even booked (not injured or booked elsewhere, just not used at all). Is there anything I did wrong here? I understand that he might not drop it on TV but I would think that he would drop the title at the first PPV?

2) Do loyalty ever go away? I have my eyes on a few wrestlers who are currently loyal to companies in Japan, am I screwed on exclusivity on these wrestlers forever or is there a chance that their loyalty can go away, and is there anything I can do to influence this?

Two questions;

1) I have prepared to recall Tommasso Ciampa from NXT. He has the title currently, so I want him to drop it before calling him up. On the latest PPV for NXT, he wasn't even booked (not injured or booked elsewhere, just not used at all). Is there anything I did wrong here? I understand that he might not drop it on TV but I would think that he would drop the title at the first PPV?

2) Do loyalty ever go away? I have my eyes on a few wrestlers who are currently loyal to companies in Japan, am I screwed on exclusivity on these wrestlers forever or is there a chance that their loyalty can go away, and is there anything I can do to influence this?

1. How big was the gap between setting him up for the call up and the PPV? Not sure what kind of time period they require to 'book' the title change. You could vacate the title through your child company section though.

2. Loyaly is lost when the company closes, worker is released (not contract expiry), and when they're unhappy. Handbook says they can sometimes drop it seek new challenges but that it is rare. Can't say I see the loyalty dropped often.

1. How big was the gap between setting him up for the call up and the PPV? Not sure what kind of time period they require to 'book' the title change. You could vacate the title through your child company section though.

2. Loyaly is lost when the company closes, worker is released (not contract expiry), and when they're unhappy. Handbook says they can sometimes drop it seek new challenges but that it is rare. Can't say I see the loyalty dropped often.

Thanks for the answers. It's been six weeks in-game, which means five TV shows and one PPV. I'll give it some more time and see if they can book it :)

Thanks for the answers. It's been six weeks in-game, which means five TV shows and one PPV. I'll give it some more time and see if they can book it :)

Make sure you have other stars and major stars on the roster that the booker will consider eligible for a world title match. Besides that, the booking is a little strange sometimes so you can just wait it out. They'll take it off him eventually.

If I resign a worker in a child company can I keep them there? Every time a contract is up I have to resign them and they come to the main roster and then I have to click to move them back down.

When you get the contract acceptance response back, the last line should be text saying where they go upon signing - the main roster or to one of your child companies. You'd need to pick the child company if you want them to stay put.

<p>If I wanted to book NXT title matches at Mania playing WWE, how would I need to do that ? </p><p> </p><p>

I'd imagine calling up the workers just set the title vacant, and I don't think you can borrow titles unless they are alliance titles, but maybe I'm missing an obvious solution due to the fact it's been ages since I've played a company with a dev company I actually wanted to invest time in.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="ArcheoOutOfNowhere" data-cite="ArcheoOutOfNowhere" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="47811" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>If I wanted to book NXT title matches at Mania playing WWE, how would I need to do that ? <p> </p><p> I'd imagine calling up the workers just set the title vacant, and I don't think you can borrow titles unless they are alliance titles, but maybe I'm missing an obvious solution due to the fact it's been ages since I've played a company with a dev company I actually wanted to invest time in.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> There are only two ways I've figured out to do this:</p><p> 1) Operate NXT as a brand rather than a child company.</p><p> 2) Operate NXT as a child company and invite them to an NXT alliance (you could also have NXT:UK in the alliance). Set the NXT titles as alliance titles. They will book them on their shows, and it will also allow you to borrow the titles when you want them defended on your main roster shows.</p>

<p>So I've found out that you can actually "call up" the titles as the parent company, however it will vacate it and even sending it back to NXT doesn't mean the current champion gets it back. </p><p>

Worse, even if you were to award it directly to the "right" champion, it would artificially create a new reign for him rather than be a continuation of the former one. </p><p> </p><p>

I'll have to test if it's feasible during the actual booking of a show, or if I have to start from scratch and manually modify titles into alliance titles.</p>

<p>Two quick questions:</p><p> </p><p>

1 - Where do I see how many dates are left on a limited date contract? I know when it gets down to the final few, it shows up in my assistant, but it isn't listed in Contracts before that and doesn't seem to be anywhere on the worker's profile.</p><p> </p><p>

2 - When using auto-booker: does it take into account divisions? So, if I label a group of workers "cruiserweight" will they generally be booked amongst themselves? Or are those labels just for filtering purposes?</p><p> </p><p>

Thank youuuu!</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Rick Savant" data-cite="Rick Savant" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="47811" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Two quick questions:<p> </p><p> 1 - Where do I see how many dates are left on a limited date contract? I know when it gets down to the final few, it shows up in my assistant, but it isn't listed in Contracts before that and doesn't seem to be anywhere on the worker's profile.</p><p> </p><p> Thank youuuu!</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> When you are on their profile, I just go to the Roster screen, pick the worker I want to check the infos of, click on the right arrow over the "Popularity" part of their profile and it show their contract details (type of contract, length, how long is remaining/how many appearances and how much they're paid). It also works for other companies if you go to their roster.</p><p> If you go on the worker profile without the "roster" step, it won't show you as many details but you'll still be able to see the appearances left/time remaining.</p>

I am sure this must have been asked before but..

does anyone have an idea on the rough times for the time slots?

Just trying to get something straight in my head in relation to some other shows I want to add into my database

Afternoon: 12-3 PM

Early Evening: 3-5 PM

Evening: 5-7 PM

Prime Time: 7-9 PM

Late Evening: 9-11 PM

Late Night: 11 PM- AM

Graveyard: 1 AM-5 AM

On Demand: Anytime, but only caters to existing fanbase

Quick question: if I want to be able to call up a worker in the future, should I sign them as the parent company then send them to the dev company, or do signings I do as a child company automatically become "developmental" workers I can, as the parent company, call up later ?

Depending on the child/parent relation, the child company can sign their own talent that isn't automatically talent of the parent company.

The best way you can do it is to give a worker a developmental contract during contract negotiations, which will automatically send them directly to developmental when they sign the contract.

Else you're best off signing talent as the parent, then sending them to development anyways.

Is there anyway to see beforehand if a gimmick is suited for a babyface/heel?

I've signed Eddie Kingston to my fed and he has a 'War King' gimmick already set when signed, which is a custom one. I just want to make sure that it's suited for his disposition before debuting him, if possible. I can only see that it's a Bad Ass type gimmick and that suits him, but not sure on the disposition.

I've signed Eddie Kingston to my fed and he has a 'War King' gimmick already set when signed, which is a custom one. I just want to make sure that it's suited for his disposition before debuting him, if possible. I can only see that it's a Bad Ass type gimmick and that suits him, but not sure on the disposition.

I'm like 90% sure that it's not possible to get an mismatched gimmick that causes you to be unsuited to play your current disposition. I've never seen it, and it would sort of contradict the whole "it's assumed you give a gimmick that they can play" thing.

Face and heel gimmicks, like in the Filter for "Find Inspiration" are cosmetic now.

How to play alliances/title changes

Hello,

I try to grasp how playing an alliance company works. In a MOD I played a small NWA territory. I borrowed to the title for the nicht and gave it to a very low level wrestler, who became NWA-champion.

Is it supposed to work that way?! Do the other alliance members not have a say in it?

Thanx for your input.

I am playing as a Tiny promotion currently with 26 pop in my home region. My show ratings have been mostly in the 50s up to low 60s.

My question is: will I gain pop quicker by having shows rated so high or are the pop gains the same as if I was getting ratings in the 40s?

EDIT: Nevermind, found the answer in the handbook.