TEW 2020 Small Questions Thread

46 minutes ago, DavGen said:

Imagine you have a match between two wrestlers, you already know that they have no chemistry with each other. During the booking, the game puts a pop-up to make you aware that they have no chemistry. Right after that there's another pop-up asking if I should be warned next time (or something like that) and I said no. 

So the next time I do a match between them, I won't be aware of their non-chemistry in the ring.

No, you can't undo that. 'Ignore' is permanent.

4 hours ago, QFresh said:

Hey all... Any ideas why when I try to change a workers picture, the list is empty in game?

image.png

Theres a picture of Brock there, so I know the folder is right, and has pictures inside of that folder... but alas

image.png

How do I fix this?

I think that's what you get when you have more than 36,000 (I thinkk that's the number) files in your pic folder. I would say go in and delete free or unassigned pics or ones that you know you won't use. Windows only allows so many files to be in a folder.

St.T

17 hours ago, St. Templar said:

I think that's what you get when you have more than 36,000 (I thinkk that's the number) files in your pic folder. I would say go in and delete free or unassigned pics or ones that you know you won't use. Windows only allows so many files to be in a folder.

St.T

Thanks for the feedback. I'll try that and see what happens

On 8/31/2022 at 12:12 AM, QFresh said:

Hey all... Any ideas why when I try to change a workers picture, the list is empty in game?

image.png

Theres a picture of Brock there, so I know the folder is right, and has pictures inside of that folder... but alas

image.png

How do I fix this?

As the other poster mentioned, this is because you have too many pictures. The maximum limit is just over 32,000. You need to reduce your number.

(Note that this is covered in the FAQ at the top of the technical support forum, and that questions like this should go in that forum.)

How does worker retirement work?

I'm many years into my game now and between days is taking minutes due to the amount of workers being processed.  Does the game automatically retire workers who haven't worked for a set time? 

If I forcibly retire everyone unemployed then will that have a huge impact on the game?

43 minutes ago, Damo said:

How does worker retirement work?

I'm many years into my game now and between days is taking minutes due to the amount of workers being processed.  Does the game automatically retire workers who haven't worked for a set time? 

If I forcibly retire everyone unemployed then will that have a huge impact on the game?

People aren't automatically retired if they don't work for a long time, but it contributes to the probability of them retiring.

Retiring everyone who is unemployed would have little practical effect on loading times as they're still in the game world and therefore still need stat-tracking, relationship evaluation, etc. It's only people who are out of the business entirely or dead who no longer need to be processed.

7 minutes ago, Adam Ryland said:

People aren't automatically retired if they don't work for a long time, but it contributes to the probability of them retiring.

Retiring everyone who is unemployed would have little practical effect on loading times as they're still in the game world and therefore still need stat-tracking, relationship evaluation, etc. It's only people who are out of the business entirely or dead who no longer need to be processed.

So if I hit Left The Business on some people who don't have a contract then that could potentially improve load times?

13 minutes ago, Damo said:

Do two people with bad chemistry get better chemistry if i keep using them together or is it stuck forever?

No chemistry doesn't improve. If they're tag partners, they'll eventually get enough experience to cancel out the chemistry. You can also edit chemistry. 

On 8/31/2022 at 5:39 AM, HugarLSU said:

Quick question.  How bad would it be to turn someone who turned recently?  It does say it would affect them negatively but how so?  Loss of Pop, Loss of Momentum?  

There's a higher chance of the turn going badly. A bad turn will hurt momentum (and possibly popularity too, can't remember). Note that it's only a higher CHANCE - it might be perfectly fine (though it probably won't).

Edited by D-Lyrium

On 9/7/2022 at 6:52 PM, Kamchatka said:

Can anyone say which products the Age of Memes Era Trend relates to?

The rest seem explanatory but im a little lost for that one.

I always set my modern saves during the pandemic era to use Age of Memes to simulate how much easier it is for a company who understands how to grow on social media to get over by sharing short impcatful clips. Lighthearted Entertainment, Memetic Wrestling, and Stoner Entertainment are some products that I know are on trend in that era.

• Thanks 1

On 9/7/2022 at 8:33 PM, s7eve_s said:

The skills such as "a marketing dream" etc..  do they need adding prior to starting a game or do they occasionally randomly appear as generated by the game?

In a similar vein, can personalities change without editing in the game?

Things like Marketing Dream needing adding beforehand.

Yes, personalities can change during gameplay.

8 hours ago, Sharkn20 said:

Is the Star Quality bonus the same for a 72 rating than for example a 100 rating? Or is it bigger as as you go closer to 100??

It works as a percentage, so the closer it is to 100 the bigger the boost.

Outside of buying other companies, how do I grow my popularity in a country where it is capped?

As a British company, I am 55 rated in the US due to having a TV deal with medium size. That makes sense to me. But when I run events in an area, the popularity doesn't increase which means I am struggling to get a larger TV deal there.  What am I missing here?

Also I have a few balance comments around money.  I feel that the problem is that workers do not ask for enough money.  In another save, my own broadcaster is making $500m a month (thanks to myself and several child companies all on it) and people who are hugely over are still asking for 10% increases on contracts of a few hundred grand.  I wish that there was a way in which workers could estimate their value based on company revenue as well as popularity.  I have a medium company on this save and Shawn Michaels is making $800,000 for the company in merch money per month.  Merchandising is another thing that could do with a tweak as there's never any time that you shouldn't have it on Rapid improvement.  The money it costs compared to the financial gain is miniscule so there's no decision to be made - even as an Insignificant company, there's never a time to take it off Rapid. 

7 hours ago, Sharkn20 said:

How do I get to that screen in which it shows the body and the wear and tear of the wrestler, including current injuries?

Thanks in advance.

Click "Skills" in their profile and it's on the right under the "Physical Health" heading. Under that are arrows that allow you to scroll between current injuries, old injuries, and injuries caused.

Edited by ink625
  • Thanks 1