TEW 2020 Small Questions Thread

Is there any way for a worker to gain stamina back? I have a 23 year old worker with a ton of potential who's way down to 36 stamina. He's off steroids now and even got a personality change to professional, but unfortunately the guy can't work a 7 minute singles match.

15 minutes ago, Eidenhoek said:

How can one filter based on Booking Skill?  I'd like to not hire Phil Vibert, but I don't know how to not-laboriously find who else is good.

Are you already looking at the screen where you pick the booker? It filters automatically for if they have any booking skill, and then that gets put at the top of the stats list. You still have to scroll through, but at least you can just use the arrow keys and go through quickly.

A source of mild confusion for me: The handbook entry for Hardcore says it doesn't generally factor into non-hardcore matches at all. But several products have the note "The Hardcore skill will not be used in regular match calculations". So which is it? Can it generally be used as a normal core skill or not?

Edited by awesomenessofme1

On 8/10/2023 at 12:29 PM, Alienated said:

Is there any way for a worker to gain stamina back? I have a 23 year old worker with a ton of potential who's way down to 36 stamina. He's off steroids now and even got a personality change to professional, but unfortunately the guy can't work a 7 minute singles match.

Sounds like he's secretly on drugs. That'll drop his stamina pretty quick. Also if he's a heavy drinker and smoker.

I just had something weird happen with a match rating. For some reason, the overall rating is much lower than either of the worker's performance, but I don't see any notes that would indicate why. They got a 28 and a 30, the final rating was a 13. It was a 5-minute match with the Dominate note, but I didn't get a dirt sheet note about it being a bad squash. The only listed penalty is inexperience. Any idea what's going on?

9 hours ago, awesomenessofme1 said:

I just had something weird happen with a match rating. For some reason, the overall rating is much lower than either of the worker's performance, but I don't see any notes that would indicate why. They got a 28 and a 30, the final rating was a 13. It was a 5-minute match with the Dominate note, but I didn't get a dirt sheet note about it being a bad squash. The only listed penalty is inexperience. Any idea what's going on?

Follow-up to this question since something similar happened again. Is there some massive penalty associated with very short matches that isn't noted in the dirt sheet? I had thought they were just capped significantly, but several times I've seen <5 minute matches end up with ratings ~10 points lower than the individual performances.

2 hours ago, awesomenessofme1 said:

Follow-up to this question since something similar happened again. Is there some massive penalty associated with very short matches that isn't noted in the dirt sheet? I had thought they were just capped significantly, but several times I've seen <5 minute matches end up with ratings ~10 points lower than the individual performances.

Does the product affect this at all?

I had a question about the show over rating.  I just had a show that the last 7 angles averaged a score of 79 but overall show rating came out to 69.  They were a mix of both angles and matches but still the show came out to a 69.  I was wondering if it supposed to work like that or is that an error?

show rating question.jpg

39 minutes ago, Skywalker1976 said:

Nobody any idea, do the overlays go in the Belts folder? With overlays I mean that the photos of the current champions have the belts over their shoulder.

If you're talking about photos of wrestlers holding title belts, they go in with all the other wrestler pictures and you'd need to manually assign them when they become champion.

If you're talking about a transparent image of a title that you can overlay on top of a photo, that would be something you use outside of the game to create your own images; the game doesn't contain a feature that alters pictures depending on whether someone holds a title or not.

• Like 1

On 8/10/2023 at 11:07 PM, awesomenessofme1 said:

Are you already looking at the screen where you pick the booker? It filters automatically for if they have any booking skill, and then that gets put at the top of the stats list. You still have to scroll through, but at least you can just use the arrow keys and go through quickly.

No.  I was looking to hire someone to then be a booker for developmental.  It doesn't seem like I can sort by that skill.

7 hours ago, Eidenhoek said:

No.  I was looking to hire someone to then be a booker for developmental.  It doesn't seem like I can sort by that skill.

Huh? If you go to the screen in question (which if you didn't know, is accessed through the Child Companies button, then "Change CEO/Booker"), then it includes everyone. Or at least everyone who's hireable, but definitely not only people you've already hired. And like I said, it automatically filters for "has booking/business skill"", and then puts that stat up to the top. So there's only a few dozen to filter through, and you can just use the arrow keys.

Edited by awesomenessofme1

18 hours ago, awesomenessofme1 said:

Huh? If you go to the screen in question (which if you didn't know, is accessed through the Child Companies button, then "Change CEO/Booker"), then it includes everyone. Or at least everyone who's hireable, but definitely not only people you've already hired. And like I said, it automatically filters for "has booking/business skill"", and then puts that stat up to the top. So there's only a few dozen to filter through, and you can just use the arrow keys.

Ah.

It only shows those that could be hired in that region, but yes, that works...decently.  It's still annoying that I can search the game world for it without that screen (incidentally, Mr. Vibert was not active in Japan).

18 minutes ago, tspang66 said:

I had a worker that I very much didnt want to die die in a game. He passed by a kenny death only 42. Is it possible to go in the editor and set him to active and by the looks of it set all his stats back and not have any consequences for the save?

No, you can't.