Which avatar do you play?

Which avatar do you play?  

183 members have voted

1. 1. Which avatar do you play?

• Grand Avatar
    • Non-wrestler Avatar (Kate or Professor)
    • Wrestler Avatar (all the others)
    • I play an actual C-verse character

Out of curiosity: what player character do you generally use? Since the dawn of TEW (or as long as I can remember) I've played as the Grand Avatar, a character that is just... there, and doesn't actually intervene in the workings of the promotion (apart from player actions, obviously). I thought it's less cheesy as you can save the costs of hiring supportive roles, like referees, by simply doing it yourself. I noticed there's some players who actually roleplay a C-verse character. Do you book yourself to the top? It WOULD actually be easier to pull off the "screwjob" if you're in the match yourself (albeit guest ref :p).

During the demo I've just played random characters and noticed it does change things. The "talk to yourself" feature is pretty fun, as you can change your size and role, send yourself to developmental. Might be fun for once to start a long-term game.

For the record: if you create your own character, that counts as an Avatar character as it's non-canon.

I occasionally play a cverse character, usually if it's a roleplaying game or a diary. Trying out the joshi scene with WINNOW, I played Suzue Katayama, as an example.

However in all other instances I play an avatar I created myself and allow the other 'avatars' to inhabit the game world as their own characters. I rename almost all of them so that they have a more 'real' name and then leave 'em to it. The only two I keep the same are Jack Avatar and Masked Avatar because those feel like decent character names.

But yeah, creations, usually a wrestler I can make a story for.

Kate is a wrestler, you mean Lucy. :p (Sorry, but you would've done it to me ;)).

It depends on what the "point" on my save is I guess. If I'm just testing stuff or messing about, I don't really care, so any random avatar.

Most often if I'm playing a game just to book a company (instead of, say, to tell a particular story) I'll just play as whoever the owner or booker is of the company I want to play as.

Certain dynasty games obviously could change that, if I wanted to tell a specific story.

I pretty much never use an actual "Avatar" character, and if I do (usually KP) I'll change his name.

In fact, come to think of it, I can't actually remember the last game I played where my user character was an active wrestler at all... hmm. Might have to start one...

I used the Grand Avatar the first game I played. I'm fond of Kate Avatar from the avatar list. She fits into the women's division wherever you are pretty nicely and is a decent personality if you don't have one. I like using a wrestler because it's a free jobber who can't lose morale.

That said, lately I've taken a liking to using a veteran C-verse wrestler for roleplaying purposes, since it makes more sense that they'd get a booking job than a 23 year old nobody. I used Roz Larren for CGC in my last 2016 game. I started with Aud Valkyrie at VWA in 2020. Thinking about doing CWA just actually as Adrian Garcia, but I feel like his talents would be higher than the user talents starting level.

Always an actual C-Verse character, for much the same reason and FINisher.

I try to find a balance between someone who would believably get the book, but not someone so talented or over that I lose the challenge of having to manage their ego. In my CGC games I'd be a Bobby Thomas or a Dan DaLay, but never Jack DeColt (forcing me to work around his creative control). In lower end games, I'd be someone high on the initial wage bill (Art Lawson a few times) but who would become less useful as the promotion grew. Never a rookie who might get poached.

I did recently create a unique character for a QPW game, to specifically play a Jeff Jarrett/Jacques Rougeau create-a-promotion-to-be-the-star game. That can be fun as a change of pace.

I always ditch the Avatar characters from the game world though.

I am usually super boring and just play as the usual owner or booker of the company I am playing as. But in my most recent two saves I have played as Bollywood Baljit when doing an India save and Phil Vibert as RAW, thought being that they bring him in to make them more serious contenders worldwide.

Depends on the save, but I never play as the avatars and I remove them from the game.

I often play as people who are the already existing booker or people who would make sense to own a company. I used to play as wrestler-characters but now I tend to play as road agent or commentator characters.

usually do grand avatar or jack avatar.

Slightly tempted to start a promotion filled with the avatars this game as there a fair number of them.

At the least they will be getting a faction in my game, as I like to keep them in.

I tend to play as whoever is the canon booker and adjust my user talents based on their character.

Exactly this.

If I'm doing a watcher game or start unemployed hoping to get a job as a booker, I'll pick the Grand Avatar and delete all the other avatars.