The key phrase is "Like 2013". 2016 hasn't made it to Steam yet so while plans can always change the pattern suggests not for a long time and not while its the "latest game". 2016 might be on Steam if patterns hold.

I'd like for it to happen to but I don't see it anytime soon.

Even though it's probably better for discoverability and I legit know people who only play TEW 2013 not knowing either 2016 exists let alone 2020 because of steam.

I would want TEW 2020 to be on steam, but I doubt it, I mean we got newer games in TEW and both of 2013 and 2016's prices haven't been lowered since release.

Even though it's probably better for discoverability and I legit know people who only play TEW 2013 not knowing either 2016 exists let alone 2020 because of steam.

I would want TEW 2020 to be on steam, but I doubt it, I mean we got newer games in TEW and both of 2013 and 2016's prices haven't been lowered since release.

If I were to bet, I'd say it's because Steam takes more money than doing it with E-licences. Then again, I have no clue! I can't say it does or doesn't. That's just my guess. Or maybe he doesn't like Steam.

I think the exposure on steam would be more beneficial than releasing the game on E-licence. But this is all speculation. I know nothing.

I think the exposure on steam would be more beneficial than releasing the game on E-licence. But this is all speculation. I know nothing.

That's the gamble. You can either make $30 per unit with the advertising they have now, or make $20 per unit (not including sales) and hope that the more popular platform gets you at least 150% of original sales. And that's without dealing with direct comparisons and competition with other games on the platform. And that's using totally made up numbers.

TEW'10 went on Steam, and if it had proven itself a big money maker I'm sure all of their games would be on there.

If I were to bet, I'd say it's because Steam takes more money than doing it with E-licences.

Would stand to reason. That's why Epic has been able to pull the rug out from under Valve by giving upfront money and/or taking a much smaller cut of sales than Steam's typical 30%. Besides, a game as small as TEW could get lost in the shuffle with all the shovelware and asset flips that proliferate Steam (even now!). Plus, it's still way too easy to review-bomb games into oblivion. I think TEW13 and WMMA3 were experiments, not something to expect to happen going forward.

TEW'10 went on Steam, and if it had proven itself a big money maker I'm sure all of their games would be on there.

Not an apples to apples view. TEW10 didn't go to steam when it was released. It was years later. If you go look for a game and it tells you that it's the 2010 edition and it's currently 2015 you are not likely to buy it. Far more people are going to by NBA2K21 then NBA2K17.

Whenever a game is sold on steam they take a cut. Which is normally around 30%. So for the game to go to steam they would have the make enough sales from it being on the platform to make up for the income lost on steam.

One can assume that because the games don't go straight to seem Adam has calculated that the loss of income from each sale isn't negated by any more expected sales and so isn't worth selling on that platform when it comes to a new release. However, it is worth putting the older games on steam that are at the end of the sales life as might get a few extra buys that he wouldn't have normally got.

It would be nice for folks like me who buy multiple copies for multiple PCs, but that may be why they don't want it there. A game hosting client would mean I'd only have to purchase it once.

You COULD unlicence the game on PC1 and install the licence than on PC 2 ... and so on, but I find that quite unconfortable to be honest

http://www.greydogsoftware.com/forum/showthread.php?t=544967