On 9/23/2022 at 8:17 PM, DarK_RaideR said:

Use the Remove Formatting button, especially when you copy-paste text or images. That way it reverts the selected text into the default colour for each skin. I guess the most efficient way to do this and avoid multiple clicks is finish writing a post, selecting it all to remove formatting and then doing any formatting you want (bold, text alignment etc)

After some experimenting and the most efficient way is to add <span style="color:#000000;"> at the top of every post-- it should produce text that suits both light/dark mode and doesn't override existing colour text i.e. Green. Maybe everyone else has figured that out already but sharing it in case useful. 

Hopefully no more hurt eyes [at least from page 7 onwards...]

And for the borders this seems to be the best combo: <div style="padding: 10px; border: 3px solid #2537fa; margin:30px;background: #d1e1ff; max-width:90%;box-shadow: 0 6px 12px ">

Edited by Rhysrob
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

COTT Women's World Championship: "The Ace of Mexico" Pinky Perez © vs. Mystery Pink

Singles Match: "Red Alert" Pamela Rojo vs. Air Raid Syren

Tag Match: Storm Front [Juana & Sonnaz] vs. Deadly Viper Squad [Lydia & Jewel]

Big City Breakdown Tour Night #2

Singles Match: "Texas Tough" Ash Grover vs. Fuyuko Higa

Tag Match: Christy Higgins & Paige Croft vs. Modesty Pador & Simony Sentinel

Tag Match: Shrieking Harpy [Banshee & Harpy] vs. 2 San Diego Girls [Coco & Izzy]

• Like 1

• 5 months later...

rFIw3TS.jpg

Big City Breakdown Tour Night #1
Airing on QAW.Com

Tag Team Number One Contender Tournament Quarterfinals

kYWJZHG.jpgOdnckYz.jpg

yEIo5KV.png

P2hFS6Z.jpgzdmMZbS.jpg

Storm Front [Juana Hurricane & Sonnaz Shah] vs. Deadly Viper Squad [Lydia Luscious & Jewel Diamond]

The opening round to the tag tournament started off strong. Juana led the match clearly coaching her protege from the apron. She also ensured her opponents looked strong by bumping for the imposing Lydia Luscious who showed some early promise as a future monster heel. 

Ultimately though the outcome was never really in question. With precision and determination Juana locked in her signature submission, the Time-Square Lock [Arm-trap Cloverleaf], forcing Jewel to tap out. 

Winners: Storm Front via submission 13:26
[42]

eKkpfKa.jpg

The feed cuts to backstage where Pamela Rojo is stretching before her match. She is soon joined by QAW legend Miss Mexico...

TtUc3j8.jpgwH6PneS.jpg

Pamela Rojo & Miss Mexico

Mexico: Hola amiga, que pasa?

Rojo: [Irritated] Nada new, Rosa. I'm just counting down the days until I can get my hands on Suzanne Brazzle. 

Mexico: What she did to you. What the Fallen Angels are doing. It's wrong. I warned Farrah a long time ago about bringing Cherry Bomb into this place. People talk Pamela, and I heard that there were people in the AAA camp that had an axe to grind with us... 

Rojo: Well, Farrah should have listened. And maybe you should of warned me when Brazzle took a sudden interest in my career. 

[Miss Mexico sighs]

Mexico: I warned both of you. You just didn't want to hear it. But maybe now you will? A lot of the people around here are going to have to pick a side soon. It'll be whether they stand up for the company that built them or they flock towards the power. We have history, you and I, and I respect you. So that's why I'm going to stand with you... As long as you're going to stand up for the company that put food on our table for the past decade. 

Rojo: I respect you too. But I'm done with alliances and friendships around here. It doesn't do me any good.

Mexico: I'm not asking to be your friend, girl. But we spilt blood in that ring against each other and that counts for something. At least it does to me. You're going to need help--

Rojo: --Are you deaf? I don't need your help!

Mexico: Listen to me. I dealt with Joanne Rodriguez in CZCW in the 90s. Our matches got us signed into AAA together and trust me, she isn't the saint everybody thinks she is. If she has a hand in this you need all the help you can get. 

Rojo: I don't give a damn about some ridiculous vendetta the Fallen Angels have against QAW. All I care about is getting my hands on Suzanne Brazzle. So, if you're going to help me achieve that then you can tag along. But if you're not then get out of my way.

[Miss Mexico smirks]

Mexico: You're still mad I beat you for the title aren't you?

[Pamela shoots Rosa a death stare before both women burst into laughter to end the segment]

[32]

eKkpfKa.jpg

Singles Match

TtUc3j8.jpgw/
wH6PneS.jpgyEIo5KV.pngimage.jpeg

"Red Alert" Pamela Rojo w/ Miss Mexico vs. Air Raid Syren

The crowd popped for the appearance of the first ever QAW World Champion Miss Mexico, and this added to the presentation of Pamela Rojo as the symbol of QAW's legacy. 

Syren, for her part, didn't seem intimidated by Rojo's reputation as a powerhouse. The high-flyer darted around the ring in a blur of motion as she dodged Rojo's initial strikes. But Rojo was no one-trick pony. With a snarl of determination, she adapted to Syren's speed switching effortlessly between heavy punches, precise kicks, and slick submission holds.

Miss Mexico, watching from ringside, shouted out encouragement, but her words were more like battle cries than cheer leading. 

After building a little momentum Syren attempted a cross-body block, but Rojo responded with a feat of strength that left the crowd in awe. She caught Syren mid-air, shifted her opponent onto her shoulders, and then slammed her down to the mat with a bone-rattling "Big Red" Powerslam for the victory. 

As Miss Mexico joined her in the ring, the two veterans locked eyes in a silent exchange that spoke volumes. 

Winner: Pamela Rojo via pin 13:31
[31]

eKkpfKa.jpg

We join Dharma Gregg standing by in the backstage interview area...

ijLCoLi.jpg

Dharma: Breaking news, folks. The Confederation of the Territories Wrestling Alliance has stripped Pinky Perez of the Women's World Championship. In a statement from Commissioner Bomb she cited Pinky's medical clearance issues as the reason she couldn't defend against OLLIE's Mystery Pinky tonight. But things get even more interesting as CILL objected to Mystery Pink being awarded the title, and instead, it's Maribel Mercado who will take on Mystery Pink tonight for the vacant title! A little suspicious if you ask me...--

Mercado: Suspicious? What are you implying?

n2Jdz4y.jpg

[Maribel Mercado saunters into the shot]

Dharma: Well, some have speculated that you may have caused Pinky's injury at San Antonio Invasion, and now you're competing for her title. 

Mercado: It's not her title any more, Dharma. Now let me set the record straight. I left QAW for a better offer because Farrah Hesketh didn't see me for the star that I am. But I'm back now, and I'm better than ever. I have the "it" factor, and Pinky Perez has been trying to steal my spotlight in CILL for too long. She even cost me my championship last year, so I returned the favour...

Jx41iYM.jpg

[Mariana Torres interrupts the segment]

Torres: That's a damn lie and you know it. 

[Maribel raises an eyebrow in suspicion]

Mercado: Don't I know you from somewhere?

Torres: No. But if you think you can come in here and cost Pinky and me the World Tag Team Championships then you're mistaken. 

[Maribel giggles and flashes her teeth]

Mercado: Vale, vale! Pinky's shadow wants to make a statement. How about this? At Big City Breakdown you can defend your friend's honour. And i'll even put the COTT title on the line. 

[Mariana seems taken aback]

Torres: You aren't even the champion yet.

Mercado: Yet. 

[Mercado flicks her hair and leaves, as Mariana watches on in disbelief]

[31]

eKkpfKa.jpg

COTT Women's World Championship

7PFveM5.jpg

rF3HpDu.jpgyEIo5KV.pngn2Jdz4y.jpg

Mystery Pink [OLLIE] vs. Maribel Mercado [CILL & QAW]

A great main event despite both women being relatively unknown. Mystery Pink is a big draw down in OLLIE and has even held the men's World Championship. 

This was a first ever match and both women delivered a classic lucha fueled match with slick high flying and acrobatics. The crowd were vocally against Mercado after injuring Pinky Perez and they were wise to the injustice of Mercado's placement in the match; and to her credit Maribel played the crowd to perfection employing heel tactics such as regularly interfering with Pink's mask to gain advantage. 

It seemed as if Mystery Pink's had the match won as she aimed to land a moonsault but Maribel rolled out the way just in time. In the blink of an eye, Maribel had secured a tight roll up and pulled on Mystery Pink's tights to secure the win and become the new champion!

Winner: AND NEW! COTT Women's World Champion, Maribel Mercado via pin
[45]

Show rating: 38

Nothing like forcing yourself to study over having fun, and the formatting of the diary to go nuts, to take you away from TEW for a hot minute.

The QAW story is still rattling around my head so I will certainly finish the 2021 year.

I've reformatted my old posts and will be combining them into a volume 1 shortly so it can be caught up on.

Edited by Rhysrob
  • Like 2

yeah it's great to see this return, and with a good show too, Maribel will be an interesting champion by the looks of it. 

I don't envy you reformatting all the previous shows but I'm sure it will feel good to combine them, I'll likely need a skim through to catch myself up/remind myself what's gone on. 

• Like 1

Good to be back. And you and me both re: reminding myself what on earth is happening. 

I compiled "Volume 1" earlier into this post here -- If you're ever struggling to sleep then this just might do the trick ;) 

On page 1 & 6 there are some recaps too which should set up for "Volume 2" if you prefer to skim!

rFIw3TS.jpg

Big City Breakdown Tour Night #2
Airing on QAW.Com

TrbGhYF.jpg3aK35oI.jpg
yEIo5KV.png
Harpy Willr0ck.jpgBanshee.jpg

2 San Diego Girls vs. Shrieking Harpy

The former protege's of Commissioner Bomb in AAA made a surprise appearance to take on the San Diego Girls; the highly unstable personalities of both Harpy and Coco made for an interesting spectacle, as they interacted with each other and the crowd manically before the match began. 

The San Diego Girls were unable to overcome the mind games and their usual high-flying moves were hampered, leading to their downfall. Harpy sealed the win with a top-rope splash. The crowd did their best to cheer the "hometown team", but it wasn't enough to turn the tide. 

Winners: Shrieking Harpy via pin 12:00

[34]

eKkpfKa.jpg

We cut to a segment filmed from a smart phone of QAW Shockwave Champion: Christy Higgins. She is waiting in an airport arrivals area and it is quickly established she is being filmed by Little Miss Perfect...

oZsMxSe.jpgs4knF2k.jpg

Christy: Keep the phone still! Jesus! You are totally useless!... Are you filming? Good... Pamela Rojo! Hey! I'm talking to you! Suzanne asked us to make sure you were aware your opponent at Big City Breakdown was entering the country. And she is more than ready to tap you the f*** out. 

[Paige Croft, wearing giant headphones and a neck pillow, appears next to Christy]

VzVlzAe.jpg

Christy: How was the flight?

Paige: First class took care of me. 

Christy: Anything you want to say to Pamela Rojo?

Paige: Pamela, let me tell you something. You might look like a bad ass, but I know your type. You think you’re tough, but when the going gets rough, you fold like a cheap suit. And that’s where I come in. When I get my hands on you; I’ll break you down limb by limb. Your size won’t save you, your strength won’t save you, and the QAW fans sure as hell won’t save you. So bring it on sister, I didn’t travel all this way to be bored

Christy: Oooh. Sounds nasty. But it's what she deserves!

[Christy & Paige share a smirk]

Paige: Can we get some food?

[Little Miss Perfect drops the phone showing the viewer the airport ceiling]

Christy: Careful!

Paige: I thought you all got rid of her...?

[The recording cuts out]

[36]

eKkpfKa.jpg

Tag Team Match

oZsMxSe.jpgs4knF2k.jpg
yEIo5KV.png
ljAIwV0.jpgOXZa5PY.jpg
The Besties [Christy & LMP] vs. Simony Sentinel & Modesty Pador

The strained relationship between Christy and LMP escalated during their tag team match. Despite LMP’s efforts to impress her “Bestie”, Christy continued to belittle and ignore her. As the match progressed, it became increasingly clear that LMP was being mistreated, and the crowd began to sympathise with her plight. 

In the ring though, Christy was a force to be reckoned with, showcasing her skills and aggression. She dominated her opponents with ease, sending a clear message to anyone hoping to challenge her for the belt. 

In the end, Christy stole the victory, tagging herself in afer LMP had done the bulk of the work; LMP looked disappointed but determined to win Christy over in the face of the constant disrespect. 

Winners: The Besties via pin 12:30
[44]

eKkpfKa.jpg

We join Bossman Brayfield who is sitting across from Commissioner Bomb in her office...

KiR5LY3.jpgvx1orto.jpg

Brayfield: Commissioner Bomb, y'all got some splaining to do. My clients, the greatest QAW World Tag Team Champions of all time... Are not included in your lil' number one contenders tournament. Now, with all due respect, the only reason I can think why this might have happened is a serious clerical error or you have taken leave of your senses, and may be in need of medical assistance...

[Bomb lets out a hearty laugh]

Bomb: You are funny!

Brayfield: Ah ain't kiddin' ya, ma'am.

Bomb: Clearly [Bomb's expression hardens]. The Experience may be a decorated tag team in QAW but if you look at the rest of the field you can see that this tournament is about opening up opportunities for newer, fresher, tag teams. 

Brayfield: That's bull manure ma'am. Is that why The Uprising, a pretty decorated tag team, have received a bye into the semi-finals? It's very transparent and I won't stand for it. Those belts mean something and by excluding The Experience you are telling the world this tournament does not matter.

Bomb: If you don't like how I'm running the book Brayfield... I'm sure you and your clients can find some new pastures. 

Brayfield: We ain't goin' nowhere. Y'all know as well as I do that I can make your life very difficult around here, and I will. So, are we going to cut a deal or what?

Bomb: Fine. I do have something in mind, actually. I'll let The Experience take a spot in the tournament on the conditions that if they lose then you have to retract your managerial services. 

Brayfield: And do myself out of a job? No way, ma'am.

Bomb: You'll have a job. I'll reassign you new clients. That's the final offer. Take it or get the hell out of my office.

[Brayfield sucks his cheek before swearing under his breath]

Brayfield: You're on. 

[36]

eKkpfKa.jpg

Singles Match

d2RTj76.jpgyEIo5KV.png1vrSRxE.png

Fuyuko Higa vs. "Texas Tough" Ash Grover

A strange but intriguing match up which would only happen in QAW: a pillar of Joshi wrestling taking on a lucha-libre cow-girl. Both women put on a very good match and showed that they have what it takes to be performing at the top of the card. 

From the opening bell, Fuyuko established her dominance with a series of stiff kicks and submission attempts, but Ash refused to be intimidated and countered with her signature aerial based maneuvers. Clearly she had learned from her encounters with the likes of Foxxy Larue and Emma May. 

As the match progressed, Fuyuko’s technical skills allowed her to gain the upper hand, and she targeted Ash’s arm with a series of punishing submission holds. But Ash refused to give up, and she kept rallying back with the support of the crowd. But, in the end. Fuyuko’s precision and calculated approach overwhelmed Ash, and she secured the win with an armbar submission. Despite the loss, Ash had clearly earned the respect of the crowd with her athleticism and never-say-die attitude. 

Winner: Fuyuko via pin 15:22
[50]

Show Rating: 45

Edited by Rhysrob
  • Like 2

rFIw3TS.jpg

Big City Breakdown Card

Tag Match:

"The Ultimate Diva" Foxxy Larue & "World Class" Emma May vs. "The Face of QAW" Alina America & "The Queen of Hearts "Danielle Sweetheart

Tag Team Number One Contender Tournament Quarterfinals:

The Experience vs. The Rage

COTT Women's World Championship:

Maribel Mercado © vs. Mariana Torres

Singles Match: 

Paige Croft vs. "Red Alert" Pamela Rojo

QAW World Championship "Miracle Challenge":

"Miraculous" Suzanne Brazzle © vs. ???

Singles Match:

"The Queen of Professional Wrestling" Ashley Keith vs. Velvet Suarez

Edited by Rhysrob

Welcome back, I know what it's like having to sacrifice fun in order to study.  Glad to continue reading your QAW diary.

Big City Breakdown Card

Tag Match:

"The Ultimate Diva" Foxxy Larue & "World Class" Emma May vs. "The Face of QAW" Alina America & "The Queen of Hearts "Danielle Sweetheart

The Experience vs. The Rage

Maribel Mercado © vs. Mariana Torres

Singles Match: 

Paige Croft vs. "Red Alert" Pamela Rojo

Singles Match:

"The Queen of Professional Wrestling" Ashley Keith vs. Velvet Suarez

• Thanks 1

Big City Breakdown Card

Tag Match:

"The Ultimate Diva" Foxxy Larue & "World Class" Emma May vs. "The Face of QAW" Alina America & "The Queen of Hearts "Danielle Sweetheart

Singles Match: 

Singles Match:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Tag Match:

"The Ultimate Diva" Foxxy Larue & "World Class" Emma May vs. "The Face of QAW" Alina America & "The Queen of Hearts "Danielle Sweetheart

Singles Match: 

Singles Match:

• Like 1

On 4/9/2023 at 8:32 AM, Rhysrob said:

I'll get around to posting the show in a week or so. I'm travelling around Italy and was hoping to do writing during the long train journeys but that has been trickier than hoped for... 

Can't believe I missed that this was back! I look forward to catching up. Keep going at your own pace, works out for the best in the end :)

• Like 1

rFIw3TS.jpg

Big City Breakdown

Date: Sat W3 March 2021

Attendance: 891 people

Broadcast on Wrestleworld: 18,241 viewers

Dark matches:

The Line [Ash, Teresa & Houston] def. Clenched Fist [Black Diamond, Felicia Luck & Unstoppable Tai] [46]

Darkness Cat def. Kitara Ravache [33]

sipJKl5.jpgXMPDftb.jpg

On commentary: Alfonso Garcia & Joanne 'JRO' Rodriguez

Garcia: QAW faithful its time for Big City Breakdown! Lots happening tonight: we will see the continuation of the tag team number one contender tournament with The Rage taking on The Experience. And if The Experience lose then they have to kiss Bossman Brayfield goodbye! 

JRO: Hmm. If I were Bossman I would ditched The Experience a long time ago...

Garcia: We'll also see Maribel Mercado make her first defence of the COTT Women's World Championship. As well as our own QAW World Champion Suzanne Brazzle in another of her... "Miracle Open Challenges". 

JRO: Both of them are fighting champions. Suzanne is going to come out her once again and prove why she is taking QAW to new heights as champion.

Garcia: We'll also see Pamela Rojo take on Paige Croft as she seeks to catch up with Suzanne. 

JRO: Correction: you will see Paige Croft snap Pamela Rojo's limbs off one by one! And then it'll finally be time for her to accept her lot in life and skulk back home to wither into obscurity. 

Garcia: That's a little harsh...

JRO: What? Suzanne Brazzle is trying to create something new. Something special. And Rojo is just going to drag things down again. We need fresh faces in QAW!

Garcia: Well, speaking of fresh faces it doesn't get fresher than Ashley Keith who hasn’t been seen in a QAW ring since losing the 5SSW Tag Titles last month. But don’t let that fool you, folks, Ashley has been putting in the work on the independents, and even defeated Daniellie Sweetheart over in 5SSW, making them 2-1 in singles matches. Tonight, she’s in QAW to prove she is the future of the company.

JRO: And let’s not forget about Velvet Suarez, Alfonso. This is her debut match in QAW, but she brings with her years of experience from competing down in Mexico. She’s been making waves in both OLLIE and CILL, and this is a huge opportunity to make the jump into the United States.

Garcia: Absolutely! With Ashley’s hard-hitting style and Velvet’s high-flying, this match promises to be a showcase.

Singles Match

6j00fSw.jpgyEIo5KV.png0tUOMbz.jpg

Velvet Suarez vs. "The Queen of Professional Wrestling" Ashley Keith

As Ashley made her entrance there was a noticeable change to her presentation. She was wearing a modified robe that JRO noted was handed down to her by Sam Keith, and overall was emoting something more regal and restrained; even demanding the referee hold the ropes for her to enter the ring. Her opponent, a luchadora with a colourful mask, was a determined contrast.

At the bell Ashley charged Velvet and pounded her with clubbing blows; with the referee enforcing Velvet’s only breaks from what quickly became a relentless assault from Ashley’s size and strength. Ashley slammed Velvet multiple times with suplexes and delivered a rough looking knee drop to the face. After delivering a number of punishing chops to the chest, Ashley knew she was in complete control and strutted around the ring, taunting Velvet and the crowd with a confident smirk.

Velvet did her best to fight back, but Ashley simply dominated her and after slamming Velvet with a brutal powerbomb she applied the “Proton Lock 2.0” [Inverted Scorpion death-lock] for the submission.

Post match, Ashley puts her robe back on and exits with a wry smile.

Winner: Ashley Keith via submission 11:52

[41]

Decent match with little heat. Strong start to the show and got the crowd hot

eKkpfKa.jpg

As Ashley celebrates at the top of the ramp; the music of Alina America hits and she struts out to the ring, seemingly unaware of Ashley who looks livid at the interuption...

ioKyjRi.jpg

Alina: Oh, mi amors, how I’ve missed you all! Forgive me, last month I was unable to grace you with my presence due to a little injury. But have no fear, Alina is back and better than ever!

[Alina soaks in the applause before continuing]

Alina: Speaking of things that need fixing, I couldn’t believe my eyes when I saw those “Fallen Angels” strutting around here like they own the place. Let me tell you something, QAW belongs to all of us – from the stars, like myself, to you fans in the stands. They said that QAW needs to be “redefined”! But we all know that this face... [Alina pouts to the camera] is something to behold! There is nothing wrong with it, nothing that needs redefining. So, Fallen Angels, if you’re listening… Why don’t you step up to the “Face of QAW”?

[Alina is interrupted by Emma May’s music, and she makes her way to the ring]

CCOiapt.jpg

Emma: Oh my God. The delusion just never ends with you, does it? You are convinced that everything is about you, and it isn’t, because it is about me! I should have been granted this time to speak because I’m the one that got screwed out of my QAW World Championship. And let me tell you something, I’m tired of being held back by Bomb’s terrible booking decisions. I’m a world-class fighter, and yet I’ve been relegated to trios matches? It’s complete bullshit!

[Alina mockingly holds a hand to her chest feigning surprise]

Alina: Emma May! What a surprise, it’s been too long since we last saw each other.

[Emma rolls her eyes]

Emma: Spare me the theatrics. You’re the last person who should be out here complaining about the Fallen Angels. And I’m tired of hearing your delusions of granduer. So, I suggest you shut up, get out my ring, so I can have my time to address Suzanne Brazzle.

Alina: Oh, you misunderstand me! Of course, I know QAW is not all about me; it is about all of us! But, as the “Face of QAW”, I have a responsibility to stand up for the company; and you’re not going to tell me what to do--

Emma: There you go again!

[Alina and Emma talk over each other but are interuptted by the music of Foxxy Larue; the crowd buzz with anticipation as "The Ultimate Diva" struts to the ring. Emma and Alina watch Foxxy warily…]

SuVbDw9.jpg

Foxxy: Well, well, well, if it isn’t the two most overrated and underwhelming women in QAW!

[Emma and Alina turn to face Foxxy, both looking unimpressed]

Emma: Are we in a time warp? Since when were you relevant enough again to be interrupting the main event players?

[Foxxy looks immediately agitated]

Foxxy: I’m out here because I’m tired of being overlooked. And I’m not going to stand for it any more. I have overcome Farrah Hesketh’s conspiracy to derail my success, but now I’m free; no one is going to stand in my way to regain the QAW World Championship. Facts are facts! And right now, it looks like you two are in my way...

Vx65cOV.jpg

[The tension between the three wrestlers is palpable, and the crowd is getting restless. The three women exchange words but Alina quickly finds herself between Emma and Foxxy, and it looks like it’s going to turn into a 2 on 1 situation; until the music of Danielle Sweetheart hits! Danielle rushes to the ring and plants herself alongside Alina; and the duo face off with Emma and Foxxy. No love loss between any of the competitors in the ring… The tension is cut by the sound of Commissioner Bomb’s voice]

KiR5LY3.jpg

Bomb: Now this is what I like to see! Some of the best wrestlers in the world hashing out their differences. But, as the Commissioner of QAW it would be my preference to see you fight it out to see who is best instead. So, how about this! Tonight’s main event will be… Foxxy Larue and Emma May versus Alina America and Danielle Sweetheart!

[The crowd erupts into cheers at the prospect of such a star studded main event]

JRO: That is going to be a molten hot main event! But, none of the wrestlers look particularly happy about who their tag partner is...

Garcia: Well, there is a lot to unpick. Alina defeated Foxxy and Emma for the QAW Championship, in a three-way dance last year. Emma and Alina fueded for the belt, with Emma coming out on top. Danielle ended Alina’s first reign back in 2017 and they’ve had tension ever since. Foxxy tried to break Danielle’s leg. Emma fractured Danielle’s wrist…

JRO: Drama!

[66]

Crowd got hotter. Foxxy struggled but benefitted from the hot catchphrase “Facts are facts!”

eKkpfKa.jpg

The QAW World Champion is out next for the “Miracle Open Challenge”; this is where Suzanne Brazzle, in all her benevolence, plucks unknowns out of obscurity for a once in the lifetime opportunity, a shot at the QAW Championship…

QAW World Championship

PeTpSiO.jpg

86sny6U.jpg/with AfiWhYQ.jpgyEIo5KV.pngIC0fS1Q.jpg

“Miraculous” Suzanne Brazzle © w/ Steph Blake vs “The Pride of Pakistan” Nayima Khan

The crowd was on their feet as they wanted a look at the QAW World Champion, as she made her way to the ring, flanked by her bodyguard, Steph Blake. Her opponent, Nayima Khan, was a total unknown, but the fans were behind her, hoping for an upset against the invading champion.

At the bell, Khan charged Brazzled, hoping to catch her off guard. But it was clear from the start that the match was going to be a one-sided affair. Brazzle easily sidestepped Khan’s attack, delivering a sharp blow to Nayima’s kidney that sent her stumbling into the turnbuckle.

The crowd’s excitement quickly turned to disappointment as they watched Brazzle dominate the rookie with ease. Despite Nayima’s attempts to fight back, landing a few punches and kicks, it was clear she was no match for “Miraculous” Suzanne Brazzle. The match was slow, with little urgency, and it became increasingly clear Brazzle was simply going through the motions, choosing rookies as challengers to pad her stats and avoid credible opponents.

As the match wore on, it became apparent the crowd was growing restless. The lack of action and excitement was palpable, and the fans began to boo the lackluster title defence; it all ended with a whimper, as Brazzle delivered the “Miracle Connection” [Michinoku Driver], and pinned Nayima.

Steph shooed the referee away and strapped the belt around Suzanne’s waist; and the crowd continued to make it clear the match had not lived up to their expectations.

Winner: Suzanne Brazzle via pin 09:46 - 2nd defence

[36]

Terrible match

Garcia: I don’t think the QAW faithful are buying into Suzanne’s open challenges…

JRO: The QAW faithful are bias idiots. They have been brainwashed to expect a certain style of wrestling and have lost appreciation for the real deal when they see it.

Garcia: I think they want to see the QAW World Champion defending against equal opponents...

eKkpfKa.jpg

We move to backstage where members of The Clenched Fist are gathered around a table. At it’s head is a stoic looking Hellcat Hernandez…

2iV405k.jpgwYxk6Nk.jpgtwSkQZM.jpg

golteCP.jpgXZrO7tW.jpgMK1dmwu.jpg

Unstoppable Tai, Hellcat Hernandez, Felicia Luck, Lily Snyder, Ava Anderson & Black Diamond

Felicia: Good afternoon and welcome to our monthly meeting. Normally, Hellcat, would chair but she… errr… Unfortunately… Had to have her jaw wired shut after her street fight against Alina. Now we know what happens if you get a face buster onto a brick!

[Everyone stifles a chuckle at Felicia’s attempt at humour but quickly return to seriousness after Hellcat slaps Felicia around the head]

Felicia: Sorry… Onto business. As you know, the Clenched Fist is worldwide. We, as an “organisation”, have our fingers in many nefarious pies. The boss has asked Hellcat to step up our financial contributions and I’ve done the calculations…

[Everyone shares concerned looks]

Felicia: With Hellcat on the shelf, The Experience are without gold, and the rest of us tending to… er, lose… our matches… We’re going to struggle.

Diamond: So, we’re screwed. I don’t want to get on the wrong side of the boss.

Felicia: It’s not all bad. Last year Hellcat went over to 5SSW and recruited new members. They tend to win their matches and the boss likes that. So, we’ve got some grace because of that.

Ava: The boss doesn’t give people “grace”. Hellcat, you better have a plan!

[Everyone starts to talk over one another until Hellcat smashes her fist into the table, silencing them. She nods at Felicia to continue]

Felicia: Well, I—Hellcat, came up with an idea. The Fallen Angels are here for a war, clearly. And the other factions aren’t going to just sit idly by and be disrespected. So… We sell our services to the highest bidder.

Lily: A protection racket?

Felicia: Exactly.

Lily: But, The Fallen Angels screwed us out of the championships! Lilly and Rose have been pissing us off all year!

[Felicia glances at Hellcat who remains expressionless except for a slight mouth twitch]

Felicia: We will navigate the nuances but it’s decided. We already have our first customer.

n2Jdz4y.jpg

[Felicia gestures at the new COTT Women’s Champion, Maribel Mercado, who has entered the room. Maribel is stunning with flaming hair and devious eyes]

Maribel: Sorry to interrupt your little meeting but I was promised a bodyguard for my match this evening.

[Maribel scans the room as she takes in her options. She finishes by pointing at Unstoppable Tai]

Maribel: I want the big one.

Felicia: If you want her, we’ll have to renegotiate the price.

Maribel: Why?!

[Hellcat taps Felicia on the shoulder]

Felicia: Let’s discuss our business in private, shall we?

[48]

eKkpfKa.jpg

Singles Match

VzVlzAe.jpgyEIo5KV.pngTtUc3j8.jpg

Paige Croft vs. "Red Alert" Pamela Rojo

The crowd was hot for Pamela as she made her entrance; showing signs they had come around to her fully after her antics last year. She looked focussed and ready to go, with a determined look in her eyes. Her opponent, Paige Croft, soon followed, getting booed heavily as she made her way down the ramp solo.

At the bell Pamela avoided grappling with Paige and charged her down with several shoulder tackles. However, Paige was resilient and consistently went back to trying to lock onto a body part, but Pamela would power out of it and land a clothesline or body slam, sending Paige reeling.

But Paige weathered the storm, and commentary noted her extensive history in AAA and 5SSW, obviously preparing her for hard hitting matches like this. And of course, Paige kept regaining composure and used her skills to literally drag Pamela down to the mat targetting her arm. After a particularly nasty Fujiwara attempt, Pamela managed to scoop Paige up and almost hit “Big Red” [powerslam] but Paige slipped out and countered with a German suplex.

The crowd could feel the tension building as Paige continued to wear down Pamela with submission attempts. But then something shifted. Paige was continuously trash talking and showing disrespect, culminating in a nasty tirade that hit a nerve with Pamela, which seemed to ignite a fire withing the face. The crowd began to will Pamela on, and she fought back with great determination.

Despite Paige’s continued attempts to submit Pamela, she refused to quit, and the momemntum began to shift. And then, in a moment of sheer strength, Pamela hoisted Paige up whilst she attempted another armbar and hit her finisher “The Rojo Alert” [Running Powerbomb] for the finish. The crowd erupted in cheers as Pamela secured the hard-fought victory.

Winner: Pamela via pin 12:59

[53]
A decent match

Garcia: What did you say earlier? Paige was going to rip Pamela apart?

JRO: Pfft! I was right. Paige may have lost a scrap but Pamela looks like she’s been in a war. She’s limping, holding her arm… Easy pickings!

oZsMxSe.jpgs4knF2k.jpg

[As Pamela celebrates to the crowd from the turnbuckle she is jumped from behind by the QAW Shockwave champion: Christy Higgins, and the former champion, Little Miss Perfect. Pamela puts up a strong resistance to begin with; at one point she has LMP by the throat but she is struck in the back of the head by Christy with the title belt. The two "Besties" seem happy with their handiwork and exit the ring]

[39]

eKkpfKa.jpg

COTT Women's World Championship

7PFveM5.jpg

n2Jdz4y.jpg/with2iV405k.jpgyEIo5KV.pngJx41iYM.jpg

Maribel Mercado © w/ Unstoppable Tai © vs. Mariana Torres

The crowd eagerly awaits the start of the match, hoping for a high-flying display from the two luchadoras. Maribel is met with boos while Mariana receives a warm reception. They both lock up to start the match, with Maribel trying to take control through a flurry of strikes and kicks. However, Mariana shows off her impressive technique with a series of quick arm drags and hip tosses.

Despite Mariana's efforts, Maribel easily adapts and outmaneuvers her several times by running the ropes expertly. Maribel takes advantage and targets Mariana's back, eventually locking in a surfboard submission. Though Mariana refuses to submit, Maribel resorts to cheap tactics, pulling her hair and choking her on the ropes.

The crowd jeers at Maribel as she allows herself to get distracted, and Mariana takes advantage with a flurry of strikes and a springboard crossbody that flattens Maribel to the mat. As Mariana prepares to launch a finisher from the top rope, Unstoppable Tai, who has remained still the entire match, springs to life and hops onto the apron just as Maribel pulls the referee’s attention.

Tai simply stares at Mariana who swipes at her to back away. Maribel uses the referee to climb to her feet and “accidentally" shoves her into the ropes causing Mariana to lose her balance. Maribel takes advantage, easily jumping up to the top rope and hitting a picture perfect top rope hurricanrana, 
but Mariana manages to kick out at two.

Maribel isn't deterred and takes advantage of Mariana's weakened state, hitting her with a series of elbow drops and vicious stomps to the chest. Despite Mariana's attempts to fire up, Maribel cuts her off with a stiff clothesline. Maribel climbs to the top rope, taunts the crowd, and hits her famous high altitude leg drop square onto Mariana's chest. The referee counts to three, and Maribel is declared the winner to the disappointment of the crowd.

Winner: Maribel via pin 11:14 - 1st defence
[45]

Maribel and Tai are a good pairing

eKkpfKa.jpg

The Furies are standing by with Dharma Gregg in the interview area…

ijLCoLi.jpg
CCOiapt.jpgLuFpAXm.jpgqTZmecP.jpg

Dharma: QAW faithful, I’m standing by with The Rage who are taking on The Experience next in the tag number one contenders tournament. How are you feeling going into this match?

[Emma cuts in smirking confidently]

Emma: We’re feeling great, Dharma. The Experience may think they have what it takes, but they’re about to learn you can’t underestimate The Rage. They just need to follow this one piece of advice...

SuVbDw9.jpg

[Foxxy Larue steps into shot interrupting Emma mid-sentence and glaring at her]

Foxxy: How about you follow my advice instead? Stay out of my way tonight.

Emma: [Sarcastically] That’ll be hard, I’m your tag-partner tonight. And here I thought we were going to be best friends.

Foxxy: Always with the smart mouth.

Emma: Smart mouth and I can back it up.

Foxxy: Y’know I owe you a receipt from Battlebowl.

Emma: For real?! You’re still mad I eliminated you?! And I thought I was petty…

Foxxy: I had that match won and you turned on me; you messed with my money.

Emma: Well, guess what? It was every person for themselves and you let your guard down. If you’re really itching to prove a point then I’ll be happy to settle it in the ring. But that’s the future. The present is that we have to get along because this tag match, against Alina and Danielle, is going to get me closer to Suzanne Brazzle. And I’m going to guess you want to get closer to her as well. We can settle our score afterwards, deal?

[Emma extends a hand]

Foxxy: Deal.

[Foxxy reluctantly accepts, and they leave together]

Honey: Wait..!? What was the advice? You sai--

Marie: Forget it Honey. She doesn’t care.

[62]

eKkpfKa.jpg

We return to the commentary table as The Experience make their entrance. Instead of standing at ringside Bossman Brayfield approaches commentary...

sipJKl5.jpgXMPDftb.jpgvx1orto.jpg

Garcia: Brayfield! You haven’t graced us at the commentary box for a while...

Brayfield: Well, ah was sick an' tired of listenin' to y'all an' miss Hesketh constantly questionin' me an' mah clients… But, now ah know there is a true professional at the booth callin' the action ah thought ah would give it anotha' chance.

JRO: What a gentleman. It’s a pleasure to meet you.

Brayfield: Likewise ma'am.

Garcia: There's a lot at stake for The Experience in this tournament. Not only the number one contender status but also the pleasure of your managerial services.

Brayfield: Ah'll do whateva' it takes to ensure mah clients always come out on top.

JRO: I admire that. Having a good team, or manager, behind you can make all the difference. But I have to ask Brayfield, don’t you think ditching The Experience would be a blessing in disguise? Surely your services would be better used elsewhere with tag teams that can truly bring in money?

Brayfield: Ah can assure y'all Ms Rodriguez that mah clients are the greatest tag team in the world!

LuFpAXm.jpgqTZmecP.jpg

yEIo5KV.png

golteCP.jpgXZrO7tW.jpg

The Rage [Honey Badger & Marie Punnen] vs. The Experience [Lily Snyder & Ava Anderson]

The bell rings, and the match is underway! The Rage immediately take advantage of their MMA-inspired style, with Marie Punnen taking down Lily Snyder with a single leg takedown and locking in a ground-and-pound attack. Ava Anderson tries to intervene, but Honey Badger halts her with a quick and precise judo throw, sending her to the mat.

The Rage are in control, but The Experience are not to be underestimated. They're veterans of the game and have been in this situation before. After a few minutes of grappling, Lily manages to get to her feet and catches Marie with a stiff right hand. She follows up with a clothesline, and Marie is down!

The Experience now have the momentum on their side. Lily tags in Ava, and they execute a quick double-team manoeuvre, driving Marie to the mat with a double spine buster. Honey tries to intervene, but Ava stops her before she even enters the ring sending her crashing to the outside.

The Experience continue to work well together, isolating Marie from her partner and relentlessly attacking her with a variety of double-team manoeuvres. Ava locks in a single-leg crab, while Lily takes care of Honey on the outside, preventing her from getting back into the ring.

Marie manages to crawl towards the ropes and as the referee creates separation to break the hold Honey charges into the ring and starts unleashing a flurry of strikes, taking out Ava and drags Marie to their corner for a tag. However, her momentum is short-lived as Ava also tags out and Lily catches Honey with a belly-to-belly suplex.

Lily follows up with a brain buster, but Honey kicks out at two. The Experience then attempt to finish the match with their “Rock’n’Roll” finisher [Super kick into German suplex], but Marie intervenes. Lily tags back out and knocks Marie to the outside.

As Honey attempts to regain her footing she is unaware of Ava ricocheting off the ropes and is blasted with a shotgun dropkick to the face for the pin.

After the match, Bossman Brayfield enters the ring to congratulate his clients, praising them for their outstanding performance. Despite their best efforts, The Rage were no match for The Experience's teamwork and veteran experience. The Experience are now one step closer to Lilly & Rose.

Winners: The Experience via pin 10:12

[51]

Decent match, with little heat

eKkpfKa.jpg

We return to the backstage area where the Fallen Angels are stood in the interview area ready to cut a promo, Brazzle is wearing a flowing white robe with a purple sash around her waist...

oZsMxSe.jpgaau0kzu.jpg86sny6U.jpgbMS08Zm.jpgAfiWhYQ.jpg

Suzanne Brazzle, Christy Higgins, Debbie Rose, Kate Lilly

Brazzle: 
My dear Angels, it is so wonderful to be here with you today. I am filled with joy and gratitude for all of the love and support you have shown me, as we have achieved our dreams of overthrowing the false champions in QAW.

[The Fallen Angels smile and gesture at each other's championship belts glittering around their waists; Steph remains expressionless]

Brazzle: But there are those among us who do not share our values, who seek to undermine our mission and our vision. They are the naysayers, the doubters, the haters who try to tear us down and hold us back. 

[She pauses and looks directly into the camera, her eyes glittering with a fanatical intensity]

Brazzle: But don't worry, my message remains the same. It's all about positivity, perseverance, and achieving greatness. Being QAW World Champion comes with certain privileges, such as the ability to choose my opponents. Now, I know there are some who are clamoring for a shot at the title. But let me be clear, not just anyone is deserving of such an honour. It takes more than just skill in the ring to be a champion. It takes heart, determination, and a willingness to do whatever it takes to achieve victory.

[The Fallen Angels murmur in agreement] 

Brazzle: Which brings me to my dear Pamela. You were a miracle sent to me, truly! A useful tool which assisted our divine ascension. Many would call that an honour but you have become consumed by selfish, misguided desires of revenge. Unfortunately, Paige Croft could not convince you tonight to stop this foolish plight, but I have been assured this will be rectified...

[She pauses and takes a deep breath, her eyes closing]

Christy: It'll be my pleasure. Pamela Rojo, I'll see you next month at Capital Clash.

[Suzanne opens her eyes with a serene smile]

Brazzle: Thank you, Christy. Pamela, until you prove to me that you are truly worth of facing me in the ring, you won't get anywhere near me, or this championship. So, my dear Angels, I urge you all to continue down the path of positivity and success. And as for Pamela, well, perhaps she will learn that it's not just about what you want, but about what you're willing to do to achieve it.

[36]

eKkpfKa.jpg

Tag Team Match

SuVbDw9.jpgCCOiapt.jpg

yEIo5KV.png

ioKyjRi.jpgVx65cOV.jpg

“The Ultimate Diva” Foxxy Larue & “World Class” Emma May vs. “The Face of QAW” Alina America & “The Queen of Hearts” Danielle Sweetheart

The atmosphere in the arena was electric as Foxxy Larue and Emma May made their way to the ring. The imposing presence of Foxxy and the intense stare of Emma made it clear they were not to be taken lightly. Meanwhile, Alina America and Danielle Sweetheart received a hero's welcome, their joint popularity evident by the deafening cheers from the crowd. 

The match started with Foxxy and Danielle in the ring, and it quickly became apparent that there was no love lost between them. Despite their initial animosity, the two worked well together, their chemistry undeniable and after wrestling to a standstill they shrugged and just started exchanging forearm shivers in the middle of the ring. Eventually both women had to tag out or risk the match.

The crowd chanted for both Emma and Alina, acknowledging their recent feud for the belt was not forgotten.

They both lock up, and Emma immediately gets the upper hand with her MMA background, taking Alina down to the mat. Alina fights back to her feet and scores a headscissor takedown, and Emma rolls out of the ring to regroup. Meanwhile, Foxxy and Danielle stare each other down from their corners. As Emma and Alina continue their match, there are moments where Foxxy and Emma seem to miscommunicate, causing some tension between them that seems to be escalating.

In contrast, throughout the match, there are moments where Alina and Danielle have disagreements as well, seemingly due to both women having little patience for the other. But despite their tension, Alina and Danielle manage to work together effectively against their opponents. 

But Emma and Foxxy aren't going down without a fight. Foxxy starts to use her height and power advantage to dominate Danielle. She delivers a series of brutal slams and kicks that leave Danielle struggling to get back to her feet. Emma then enters the ring and delivers a devastating suplex to Danielle on the back of her neck. At one point in the match, Foxxy delivers a stiff shot to Alina knocking her off the apron with a nasty landing. Alina screams and clutches at her arm and the referee has to check on her. 

The other three women momentarily slow down but continue the match as the referee rejoins the match and a doctor can be seen speaking to Alina on the outside. The rudos seize on this and manage to isolate Danielle in their corner and unleash a barrage of double-team moves on her. Alina eventually climbs back onto the apron and looks on, frustrated that she can't do anything to help her partner. She reaches out for a tag, but Danielle is just out of reach, still recovering from the punishment.

The crowd rallies behind Danielle, who capitalises on Foxxy and Emma's bickering between tags and battles towards her corner. Both Foxxy and Emma intercept but the referee breaks it up and forces Emma, who isn't legal, to return to the apron. The confusion allows Danielle to fight back and make her way towards Alina, but just as she reaches out for the tag, Alina is ripped down off the apron by Ashley Keith [the referee still dealing with Emma]! This is enough to cause great pain to Alina who clutches at her elbow and the ringside doctor blocks Ashley from any follow up.

0tUOMbz.jpg

Danielle looks both shocked and crestfallen as her hand remains outstretched to thin air totally unaware of Foxxy's foot about to crash down between her shoulder blades. Foxxy runs the ropes for momentum and leaps into the air for a graceful, but deadly, scissor kick. 

1, 2, 3!

At the conclusion of the match, Emma celebrates at ringside and plays to the camera but is caught unaware by a Flash Headkick [Running big boot] from Foxxy, which sends her flying into the barricade. Foxxy demands to have her hand raised in victory and she places her foot on Danielle's fallen body for added effect.

Winners: Foxxy & Emma via pin 22:33

[60]

Great wrestling, decent reaction

Alina suffered an Elbow MCL sprain due to a botch by Foxxy

sipJKl5.jpgXMPDftb.jpg

Garcia: Wow, what a match that was-a-go-go! The tag team of Foxxy Larue and Emma May looked like they were about to fall apart at times, but they managed to put their differences aside and work together to take down Alina America and Danielle Sweetheart... Even if Foxxy didn't feel like sharing the limelight with Emma after the match!

JRO: Foxxy doesn't have to share the limelight. She's had to deal with Farrah Hesketh dimming her light and now she is gone you can see nothing can stop her!

Garcia: Well, you could argue that Foxxy, and Emma, have worked their way closer to the QAW World Champion. Surely you're worried for your Fallen Angel friend?

JRO: I've told you before Suzanne is a fighting champion. She said it herself earlier, it takes more than just wanting a title shot to deserve one! And she is not shy of competition. So maybe they have earned their way towards one? Who knows? You'd have to ask the champ!

Garcia: Surely we'd ask the Commissioner? But she's obviously part of this plot so, what's the point?

JRO: You and your conspiracy theories! 

Show Rating: 58

Edited by Rhysrob
  • Like 2

A great read as always. It's clear you really 'get' your roster as so many characters stand out as unique personalities, love Alina, Emma and Brazzle in particular, and despite there being a lot of storylines going on you manage to overlap them and refer back to previous ones.

It's what made the main event work, that opening promo setting up was great. I clocked the Ashley Keith hint with the interruption but assumed it would set up something next show so I was still surprised at the end. 

I also loved JRO sucking up to Bossman complete with accent. 

Foxxy went a long way to coming across as a main eventer this show and Keith Vs America should be great. 

• Like 1

Thanks! I noticed when I was fixing the previous diary entries that my approach to the tecnico/rudo divide was generic and I was missing out on bringing their actual gimmicks to life-- and also reflecting the game mechanics so if I change the gimmick in game then I need to reflect that. 

So, I'm glad you like Alina, Emma, and Brazzle because they were the first few who received gimmick changes in game...

Alina is still the top tecnico/figurehead but she's developed into a telenovela archetype-- melodramatic, slightly unaware, but still likeable and has her heart in the right place. It's Alina's show and we're all supporting roles basically. 

Emma is still "World Class" but outgrew the killer-type gimmick. She is sarcastic, smart mouthed, and smug. But she does it because she can back it up, so why not?

Brazzle's render is so smarmy to me [in a good way] so she has developed into a toxic positivity, insincere, manipulative cult leader,  basically! Is it all a facade or does she really believe in her own hype?

P.s. So, sometimes I zone out when I'm writing and that JRO accent thing was accidental. I actually edited it just as you commented because I noticed it and cringed! But as you caught some humour in it perhaps it can be a thing...

Edited by Rhysrob

Well yeah those descriptions seem spot on so it's coming across as planned for sure!

I did consider whether the accent was a mistake, well at first I questioned whether she has always had the accent and I'd just never taken it in, but then settled on her putting it on, not in a mocking way but more like a mirroring someone you're trying to win over way. 

• Haha 1

rFIw3TS.jpg

Road to Capital Clash

Date: Sat W1 April 2021

Attendance: 754 people

Broadcast on Wrestleworld: 14,781 viewers

Dark matches:

The Line [Ash, Teresa & Houston] def. Little Miss Perfect, Raquel Alvarado & Millie the Minx [46]

The Rage def. The Caribbean Angels [35]

Foxxy Larue is stood in the ring flanked by Toni Parisi and the imposing giant Tameka Sky, who somehow makes the already 5ft10 Foxxy Larue look short. The crowd Is already raining down boos before Foxxy brings the microphone to her lips...

yZaztBc.jpgSuVbDw9.jpgdDRR0op.jpg

Toni Parisi, Foxxy Larue & Tameka Sky

Foxxy: Well, well, well, look who’s back on top, baby!

[The crowd boos louder]

Foxxy: Your girl, Foxxy Larue, carried that main event at Big City Breakdown and proved once again why I am the ultimate in this company.

[The crowd jeers which only seemed to fuel Foxxy’s arrogance]

Foxxy: I mean, lets be real here, did I really need Emma May as my tag partner? Ha! Don’t make me laugh. I dumped that chump like a bad habit.

[Tameka and Toni nod in agreement as Foxxy continues to gloat]

Foxxy: And as for the forces trying to hold me back? Oh, honey, let me tell you, they are never getting to me again. Farrah Hesketh, The Line, Danielle Sweetheart, Alina America, Emma May… They’re all just scared of what Ronin3 represents. In particular, they are afraid of what I represent: a woman who knows what she wants and goes after it with everything she’s got.

[Foxxy’s voice drops to a low, dangerous whisper]

Foxxy: They whine and call us unfair! Selfish! Immoral! But we call it dominance. We believe in winning at all costs because if you aren’t winning, you’re losing. And we don’t play that game, honey. No room for losers in Ronin3.

[The crowd boos louder, but Foxxy just smiles wickedly]

Foxxy: So, to all you punks out there, just remember one thing. Foxxy Larue always gets what she wants. And nobody, I mean nobody, is going to stop me from reaching the top of this game again. QAW would be a better place if everyone just accepted the fact that I’m the baddest, most dominant, woman in this ring! Facts are facts, baby! So, with my victory at Big City Breakdown in the books I declare myself the rightful number one contender to the QAW World Championship. Suzanne Brazzle… Shine that baby up real good because mama is coming to collect!

[43]

Foxxy was a real star and handled the crowd masterfully improvising with them. Her hot catchphrase "Facts are facts" helped too.

The segment got the crowd hot and was a strong start.

eKkpfKa.jpg

Singles Match

d2RTj76.jpgyEIo5KV.pngO8GN48Y.jpg

"Miss Perfection" Fuyuko Higa vs. Alexis Lee Littlefeather

Higa was coming off a victory against Ash Grover, whereas Alexis was looking to regain her footing after losing to Christy Higgins. Both women had been very active outside of QAW, with Alexis appearing 10 times across various indy promotions, whereas Fuyuko had been active with 5SSW in trios matches. She was also at the centre of some controversy after being left off the 5SSW Queendom show.

As the bell rang, both women locked up in a test of strength, but Higa quickly gained the upper hand. With her superior striking ability, Higa unleashed a series of lightning-fast kicks and strikes, sending Alexis reeling. Alexis tried to mount a comeback, but Higa was simply too much to handle.

Higa continued to dominate, showing off her technical skill with a variety of submission holds. Again, Alexis fought back with all she had, but it was clear Fuyuko was on another level. Higa landed a devastating Shining Wizard and followed up with a spinning heel kick that seemed to knock Alexis silly.

Alexis attempted to get back to her feet, but Higa stalked her prey and applied a Cross Face, forcing Alexis to tap out.

Winner: Fuyuko via submission 16:41

[56]

Decent wrestling but little heat

eKkpfKa.jpg

The COTT Women’s World Champion, Maribel Mercado, is admiring herself in a luxurious mirror, adorned with gold trims. She is interrupted by Mariana Torres, who enters the room with a fiery gaze. Mercado turns towards Torres calmly, with a sly smile on her face….

n2Jdz4y.jpgJx41iYM.jpg

Mercado: Mariana Torres, ¿qué pasa? Have you come to admire the COTT championship or are you lost? Do I need to call for Unstoppable Tai to escort you out?

Torres: I’m not here to admire anything, I’m here to settle a score with you, Mercado.

Mercado: Oh, we settled that score at Big City Breakdown. You lost.

Torres: I had you beat until Tai interferred.

[Maribel’s expression darkens]

Mercado: Oh, you still believe in fair play? How quaint--

[Mariana interupts her with a sarcastic tone]

Torres: Chica lista, shut up. It’s not over between us.

Mercado: It isn’t over between us? And who is ‘us’, exactly? When we first met, I thought you seemed familiar, as though our paths had crossed already. So, I did a little digging on “Mariana Torres” and to my surprise… Nothing! It’s like you just appeared out of thin air in 2019.

Torres: So I don’t have a Linkedin page, who cares?

Mercado: No, no. It’s deeper than that. You’re hiding something dark and I’m going to find out what it is.

Torres: I have nothing to hide, and even if I did, why do you care?

Mercado: Because you’ve hitched your wagon to the wrong cause, Mariana. What has Pinky ever done for you, really? Okay, you’ve been tag champions--

[Mariana interrupts]

Torres: --Which you cost us!

Mercado: Which I cost you, blah blah. My point is, she’s ready to leave you and you know it. She used you to get her foot in the door at QAW and now she’s established, you’re going to get cast aside.

Torres: You’re wrong.

Mercado: And you need to get out of Pinky’s shadow before it’s too late. Whatever darkness you suppressed to get along with Pinky is making you look pathetic. So you better start looking out for yourself soon.

[Mariana steps closer to Maribel, bringing them almost nose to nose]

Torres: Pinky is my tag team partner and we’ve been through a lot. You’re just trying to get in my head.

[Maribel tilts her head and raises an eyebrow]

Mercado: I’m just saying you’re better than that. So, “Mariana Torres”, if you want to keep coming for me you better bring it, amiga. Because I’m not afraid of you. Not. One. Bit.

2iV405k.jpg

[Unstoppable Tai appears behind Mariana, which ensures things stay somewhat civil. Maribel winks at Mariana and exits with Tai. Mariana is left with her reflection in the mirror]

[34]

eKkpfKa.jpg

The 5SSW World Tag Team Champions: The Uprising, are waiting for their scheduled tag match to start. After a longer than normal wait for their opponents music to hit, they are greeted by Commissioner Bomb instead…

aR5RllM.jpgSBli9KZ.jpgKiR5LY3.jpg

Selina Svelte, Talia Quinzel & Commissioner Bomb

Bomb: Tonight The Uprising was scheduled to take on The Kanto Express in the quarterfinals of the tag team tournament. But unfortunately, The Kanto Express has encountered some travel issues.

[The crowd is already murmuring in disbelief and suspicion]

Bomb: Yes, it seems that they missed their flights, went to the wrong venue, and then got a flat tire just a few miles away from here! A series of unfortunate events indeed! I tried my very best to get them here on time, but alas, it was not meant to be.

[The crowd is now booing and jeering]

Bomb: It would be unfair to surprise The Uprising with last minute opponents. Therefore, I have made the executive decision to award The Uprising a bye into the semi-finals, where they will be taking on Storm Front!

[The crowd is now loudly booing and heckling Commissioner Bomb]

Bomb: I know this decision may not be popular with some of you, but it is the right decision for the tournament. The Uprising deserves a fair shot at the championship, and I will do whatever it takes to ensure the tournament is fair and results in the best being awarded the title shot.

[The crowd is now erupting in boos and chants of "bullshit” directed at Commissioner Bomb, while The Uprising celebrate in the ring as if they just won the match]

[33]

eKkpfKa.jpg

Pamela is standing in the backstage promo area with Miss Mexico; QAW’s resident interviewer, Dharma Gregg is stood ready…

ijLCoLi.jpgTtUc3j8.jpgwH6PneS.jpg

Dharma, Pamela & Miss Mexico

Dharma: Pamela Rojo, I’ve been trying to get an interview with you since you were betrayed by Suzanne Brazzle at Starshow. Why are you breaking your silence now?

Rojo: Thanks for the reminder. To answer your question though; I was angry. Really f****** angry. And you wouldn’t of been able to air what I had to say.

Dharma: I’d say we’re on the cusp of that already!

Rojo: A year ago I threw my all into challenging Alina for the championship, including our friendship… And I failed. The one thing that has eluded me my entire decade long career here. So it’s true that when I met Suzanne I was ready to quit the business. I was angry at the world and she rebuilt me. She even got me back into the title picture and I was reinvigorated!

[Pamela’s energy shifts into one of visible fury]

Rojo: But it turns out she was using me. And at Starshow, the Fallen Angels, made their intentions known they were here to reshape QAW and Pamela Rojo did not fit into that new landscape.

Dharma: And how do you feel about that?

[Pamela laughs bitterly]

Rojo: It’s laughable, really! They are heralding a company that went BANKRUPT! Lets stop skirting around the facts here; those average ass women drove their “home” into the ground by putting on crappy shows, which no one wanted to see… And they have the nerve to say QAW had something to do with that? It’s insane. But, that’s Suzanne Brazzle for you. The epitome of average has seized on AAA member’s resentment and manipulated them into taking up against the only company left waving the women’s wrestling flag, and for what? Revenge? No. It’s for Suzanne Brazzle. She’s nearing the end of her career and she needed to do something memorable. I guess she’s done that. But, if she thinks that is going to include destroying my home and my career because I represent QAW’s superb history? No. Over my dead body.

Dharma: Speaking of history, you’ve struck up an unexpected alliance with your old adversary Miss Mexico…?

[Pamela and Miss Mexico share an amused look with each other]

Rojo: I respect Miss Mexico deeply. Do I like her? No. And the feeling is mutual!

[The two women chuckle]

Dharma: I don’t get it?

[Miss Mexico interjects]

Mexico: Some things aren’t for everyone, Dharma. This company is my home, and I share that home with Pamela. We’ve got an infestation here in the form of the Fallen Angels and I’m going to help her kick them out on their asses and back to the employment line.

[Dharma nods along as Miss Mexico speaks, Pamela pulls the mic back towards her when Mexico finishes]

Rojo: And let me make it clear, Suzanne Brazzle, I’m coming for you. I’m going to fight my way through all of your obstacles, all of your cronies, until I get to you. And when I do, I’m going to take back what you stole from me.

[Pamela’s face is a mask of determination as the camera fades to black]

[29]

eKkpfKa.jpg

Tag Team Match

bMS08Zm.jpgaau0kzu.jpg
yEIo5KV.png
TdYJhEN.jpgVYxuurD.jpg

Lilly & Rose vs. Darkness Cat & Estrella Blanca

This is the first look at Lilly & Rose since winning the championships back in February. However, they have racked up wins on the indies against Tex-Mex, The Rage & Reba Montana & Calamity Jane. Debbie Rose even picked up an impressive, but unexpected, singles win over Charlie Thatcher in KFW. Their opponents were tagging for the first time but were familiar with each other from CILL. Darkness was also last seen in QAW in February picking up a win over Little Miss Perfect, but had suffered a series of losses to Poison Ivy down in CILL. Blanca was last seen in the Miracle Challenge, and perhaps proving Suzanne right, had gone on to become one half of the first CILL Women's Tag Champions and first ever champion of new luchadora promotion. 

The match begins with a traditional lock-up between Blanca and Lilly. Lilly gains the upper hand with a quick arm drag, but Blanca retaliates with a hurricanrana that sends Lilly tumbling out of the ring. Lilly shares a look with Rose and sarcastically applauds Blanca for gaining the upper hand. Blanca allows Lilly to get back into the ring, and the two lock up again. This time, they exchange arm drags, and as Blanca hits the ropes, Rose kicks her in the back, causing her to stumble into a well-placed dropkick to the face from Lilly.

As the match progresses, Blanca and Darkness Cat showcase their flashy offence, with Blanca hitting a springboard crossbody, and Darkness Cat executing a picture-perfect frog splash. However, Lilly and Rose quickly regain control with their cohesive teamwork, cutting the ring in half and isolating Darkness Cat.

Lilly and Rose are a cohesive force, executing high-risk moves like a double-team suplex off the top rope and stereo tope suicidas. Darkness Cat manages to break free with a well-timed enzuigiri and makes the hot tag to Blanca.

Blanca comes in like a house on fire, hitting a series of lightning-fast arm drags and dropkicks. She goes for a diving crossbody off the top rope, but Lilly counters with a roll-through and pulls the rights for a two-count. Rose enters the ring and directs traffic, pulling Blanca and Lilly into place for "The Thorn" [Double impaler DDT], allowing Lilly the pinfall victory. The crowd boos the heels as they celebrate their win, holding the QAW World Tag Team championships high.

[52]
Decent wrestling, but little heat

Show Rating: 38

The crowd were annoyed at the amount of segments and lack of big names. Damn...

Edited by Rhysrob
  • Like 2