TEW IX Developer's Journal Discussion Thread

21 minutes ago, WCGreyghost said:

Any word on price yet?  Adam can have my money as soon as he'll take it.

Can't wait for the trial version this weekend.  Reading about the changes is fun, but I wanna try out all the new stuff and see where the C-Verse stands. :)

34.99 or 39.99

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, WCGreyghost said:

Any word on price yet?  Adam can have my money as soon as he'll take it.

Can't wait for the trial version this weekend.  Reading about the changes is fun, but I wanna try out all the new stuff and see where the C-Verse stands. :)

5 minutes ago, ShaunGBD said:

34.99 or 39.99

This hasn't been confirmed yet. Please make sure to leave any questions regarding official things i.e. pricing/release to Adam or Arlie. No one else will know that information before they post.

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, Big Roguey said:

This hasn't been confirmed yet. Please make sure to leave any questions regarding official things i.e. pricing/release to Adam or Arlie. No one else will know that information before they post.

sure. but what can it possible be? 

Have another one and of course I don't expect to have these in the game in the beginning just want to jot them down before I forget

Can we have it possible to determine the creative of the various belts?

For example

If I am WWF in early 80s

World Heavyweight - I prefer babyface with heels chasing

World Tag Team - I prefer heel units with babyface units/individuals chasing

NWA Alliance 

World Heavyweight - I prefer heels with babyfaces chasing

World Tag Team - I prefer brawling heels with technical faces chasing

2 hours ago, ShaunGBD said:

sure. but what can it possible be? 

Could be 35 dollars. Could be 10. Could be 3 trillion. Better wait to see instead of speculating on it 

All the best on this new coding and development but for the first time since EWR i will miss this version because i am on a Macbook M3 and it will be only for Windows.

I understand that you are developing only for windows but it's sad in my case to not be able to play it :(

Sorry if I've missed this being asked somewhere, but as someone who only plays TEW (ie not other GDS games), does the QLM system change the fact that I've had to buy two versions of the game for my two different PCs? 

Honestly not the end of the world for me if not but obv would be nice.

5 hours ago, Iceman90 said:

spacer.png

Well Ryland, you ask for a lot from me but...I suppose it's worth it if I get my "forbidden door" type cross promotion specials and can have people collecting belts from different companies. Anything less and I'll reluctantly go up to $999000 got to earn that extra 0!

16 hours ago, DarK_RaideR said:

Same. My post-show speech is always praise and/or criticism based on in-ring performance. Would be nice to have this new option for more targeted feedback, especially if you're running a promo-heavy product or have that amazing worker who still can't be trusted with a mic.

I didn't use the post-show speeches unless I was sucking upto someone who put over someone they didn't to.

Now with Stamina/Mic improvements, Its feature I will definitely use now.

• Like 1

The pick of the features for me is the Geo Tags, Creative Energy and Inner Circle. I would not go into the details of whether AI Art should be used or not but it is not a deal breaker for me.

I would really hope for an expanded India scene in this database along with any other locations that may have been added.

Can't wait for it. This feels like a perfect progression of TEW 2020. Unfortunately we're on vacation until August 10th, so won't be able to play the full game on release day. 🙄

I tend to run promotions build from the ground up where the starting roster is often useless, so auto-scripting angles is a big Quality of Life upgrade.

Regarding the reminders about title defences, if it's not too hard to implement, the most convenient option would probably be the ability to toggle the reminder per belt. That way users could, just like they set belts to be gender or weight specific, choose a reminder option for each specific belt, like, say, "Never" (effectively turning off reminders), "Every 2 weeks" (simulating a more TV/workhorse title), "Every month" (for something like a world title defended on a monthly PPV event) or "Every 2 months" (for cases like the NJPW rule of vacating a title if a champion no shows when scheduled to defend it or doesn't defend for over 2 months).

• Like 5

Surely the two weeks for a message about a title thing was a typo and Adam meant two months? It's very common titles only get defended monthly on PPVs / big events, so two weeks would seem a little silly.

6 hours ago, Acey said:

Sorry if I've missed this being asked somewhere, but as someone who only plays TEW (ie not other GDS games), does the QLM system change the fact that I've had to buy two versions of the game for my two different PCs? 

Honestly not the end of the world for me if not but obv would be nice.

for all the talk about resolutions and processing speed, this is the deal breaker for me. I haven't used QLM so it could be different, but if need to unlicense the game when i want to play in bed on my laptop, then it's a firm skip for me

I've changed the inactive title message to be after a month.

I do think some of you are misunderstanding the entry though - it's a single line of text at the bottom of the personal assistant. It's very easy to ignore if you're not interested in it and it's explicitly not saying that you need to book the title now, it's just reminding you to maybe take a look at it next time you book a show.

• Like 22