Battle lines have been drawn.What if the NWA struck first....

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Predictions time!

---

4-way for a shot at the Rising Star Title:

Black Bart v Pvt. Nelson v Rick Rude v Ken Timbs

Les Thornton© v Mark Youngblood for the NWA Rising Star Title

The Road Warriors v Ron Garvin and Bob Armstrong

Jake Roberts© v Sika for the National TV Title

Ole Anderson v Afa

Andre the Giant v Mr. Wrestling 2

Tommy Rich v Buzz Sawyer

Larry Zbyszko v Hulk Hogan (brother!)

Roddy Piper v Dusty Rhodes

---

Anyways, cool to see this alternate universe unfold, not just with you and MACW/GCW... er, NWA Inc.!, but also see how Fred can hold up the old dinosaur that is the AWA. Who knows, maybe we'll see which of you guys can push Greg Gagne the most. ;)

Keep it going. I have a feeling Piper's going to be a hot ticket in a few months.

EDIT: Injuries? Shoot, do I have to edit my predictions too? Heh, anyways, you do have a lot of events, so I guess it takes its toll. Might want to think how to tweak the product some.

Predictions time!

---

Ole Anderson v Afa

Tommy Rich v Buzz Sawyer

---

Anyways, cool to see this alternate universe unfold, not just with you and MACW/GCW... er, NWA Inc.!, but also see how Fred can hold up the old dinosaur that is the AWA. Who knows, maybe we'll see which of you guys can push Greg Gagne the most. ;)

Keep it going. I have a feeling Piper's going to be a hot ticket in a few months.

EDIT: Injuries? Shoot, do I have to edit my predictions too? Heh, anyways, you do have a lot of events, so I guess it takes its toll. Might want to think how to tweak the product some.

OCC:No, Slaughter and Jacobs are the only ones to miss time. The rest are working thru theirs. As far changing the product. We'll see what happens.:D

Les Thornton© v Mark Youngblood

Jake Roberts© v Sika

Ole Anderson v Afa

Tommy Rich v Buzz Sawyer

Larry Zbyszko v Hulk Hogan

Never a dull day...........

Huston's job never seems to be easy. There had to be several changes made to the event last night after advance booking it. First of all Larry Zbyszko was scheduled to take on Wahoo McDaniel. But with the broken jaw he suffered at the hands of Paul Orndorff Saturday night he asked for a little time off to heal. This was granted. So Huston booked Paul Orndorff in the match to replace Larry. But as things would have it, he decided he must have more important things to attend to. As he never showed for the event. This put Huston in scramble mood. He hated to ask Hulk Hogan (also nursing an injury-though less severe) to fill in at the last minute but he did so earning a measure of respect from the 'old man.'

As far as Orndorff was concerned, Huston had already called him this morning(Friday) to see why he failed to show last night. He didn't even attempt to offer up an acceptable reason, which really pissed Huston off. Huston told him if he didn't feel any more strongly for his position on the roster than that then he could take a week off to thank about it. To which he replied that he didn't feel he was being pushed properly and that he had offers from other promotions. Huston told him that was fine that as far as he was concerned then he had a week to figure out which direction he wanted to go in.

Huston had felt something was up with him, as even though he had been pushed into a main event title reign and program with Larry Zbyszko he had acted as if Huston and the creative team were treating him as an opener or something. He was constantly complaining about his push, he had got himself disqualified in a match with Larry Zbyszko when he was in fact supposed to lose the belt to him(by the way led to the events that transpired last Sat on NWA Championship Wrestling.) Huston felt that by giving him a week off, one of three things would happen 1)he'd come to his senses 2)on meeting with the creative team on Monday they would side with his first inclination and decide to make the decision for him and release him or 3)he'd accept the offer or offers he had elsewhere and leave on his own. Huston leaned towards 3, but time would tell.

Jim had called early in the day informing him that Jim Barnett had called requesting a meeting with the two of them. Hmmm? Huston wondered what was up. Could the rumors that he had been hearing be true?

Huston had arrived in Jim Crockett's office for the 1:00 meeting with Barnett. The show had went well the evening before, save the whole Orndorff saga. They had pulled a B+(wonder what if it would have been higher if the crowd hadn't been upset with us promising an Orndorff v Wahoo match?) Anyway he'd see had that all played out, he had a feeling that he would probably know more after this meeting with Barnett. They had made a bundle(310,666.) That really helped. They had a goal of being National by the end of the year and big paydays like that offset the ones that didn't make as much as they struck out into new areas.

Barnett knocks on the door.

JC "Come on in Jim."

JB "Good afternoon gentlemen." He takes a seat beside Huston and in front of Jim's desk. "I guess you two are wondering why I asked for this meeting?"

JC "The thought had crossed my mind."

JB "I'll get right to the point then. When we started discussing the deal in which you would buy me out and merge GCW into your company, I was under the impression that I would have more of a creative role than it has turned out that I have."

HH "Are we going to rehash this same old argument."

JC "Let him finish Huston."

JB "Thank you Jim. No, Huston, I'm not. Let's just say that since the deal had been made I've tried to get use to the way you run things and I tried to settle into my new role, but I've struggled with it. At the time I thought that I wanted a reduced role, over the last couple of months I've realized that's not the case."

JC "So what are you saying?"

JB "I've had talks with some financial backers and I've talked with some people and I've decided that I am going to start promoting cards again."

HH "So the rumors are true."

JC "Jim, I'm going to ask you this one time and one time only. Were you the one responsible for the Morales/Backlund mishap in January? And is Vince the one backing you?"

JB "Absolutely not. I said it then and I'll say it again; I'm not the party responsible for the tape. I have my own suspicions about who is to blame. And no, Vince has nothing to do with this venture."

HH "And I suppose we are to take you at your word?"

JB "I would hope you would. I am coming to you now so that you will know. You will hear all the details from me first."

HH "The bad thing is that we have already heard the rumors. And another question, have you secretly been trying to lure talent away? Is there any truth to that?"

JB "I'm not going to lie to you; I have put feelers out with regards to talent. I have not officially signed anyone yet. Though there are some verbal agreements in place. The reason I have not is that I don't want this to be an adversarial relationship. I was hoping that we could have the same sort of relationship that the NWA now has with Paul and HCW."

JC "I don't know what to say Jim. You were on payroll here and you have been working our roster behind our backs. And when we did this deal you were on the verge of being broke. If you don't mind me asking just where did you come up with the money?"

JB "I assure that I have done nothing to undermine what you are trying to accomplish. I admit as I have stated before, I don't necessarily agree with how you push some of the talent, but I have not undermined your authority whatsoever. In fact, if you object to me signing talent currently on your roster I'm willing to back off of it."

JC "So what does this mean in regards to your position here?"

JB "Honestly, I'd like for you to release me from my contract at the end of the month so that I can concentrate on my new venture. Or if you feel I have crossed the line, I'll understand if you think it's in the company’s best interest to let me go now. Or if you like, I will honor my contract. You tell me."

JC "Wow, the end of the month. Huston you are being awful quite. What is your opinion on all of this?"

HH "When do you have your first show scheduled?"

JB "Sunday after next."

HH "So if I said, no you can't sign anyone under contract to us, you would honor that? Knowing that you have a show in less than 2 weeks?"

JB "As I said earlier, I want this to be an amicable relationship. If you say no then I am prepared to honor it. I was hoping to use some talent that had worked for me in the past, but I am prepared to go in a different direction if you so chose."

HH "Are you prepared to do tomorrow's show?"

JB "Of course."

HH "Jim, I'll be honest with you. I am very weary of your motives and your timing leaves me wondering. But if you say had nothing to so with the Morales/Backlund fiasco I feel I have no other choice than to take you at your word. I don't like that you approached rostered talent about working for you while you were on our payroll. But, if the situations were reversed I can't say that I wouldn't have done the same thing. No offense, but given our size and the fact that you will be starting up from scratch-by the way I'll go ahead and answer that question before you even ask it. No, you will not be allowed to use the GCW name, logo, or the titles involved previously with GCW in your new promotion. Those belong to this company. Now back to where I was going before I got off on a tangent. I want to know who you trying to sign. I don't think anyone will outright leave us to go to you no offense. I would just like to know. I really don't see this as being a big problem. I assume you aren't going to schedule events on the same dates?"

JB "No, I don't plan to."

HH "Okay then, like I said I would like a list if you don't mind. And I'll make you this promise. If I find out that you had anything to do with Morales/Backlund or that Vince has anything to do with this venture of your's-I will make it a point to put you out of business. Do we understand each other?"

JB "Like I said before I had nothing to do with it and he has nothing to do with this. "

HH "Well then, if you will work tomorrow's show, I think unless Jim has a problem with it, then releasing you from your contract wouldn't be a problem. As far as the talent, let me look at a list of which before I rubber stamp that."

JB "Thanks, I know we have different opinions on things, but I really would like us to work together and not against each other. One other thing though."

HH "Yes Jim."

JB "I know you gave an answer on the name and the belts, but what about the ones that we had that you aren't using? Such as the Georgia Hwt Title and the Georgia TT Titles?"

HH "I don't see a problem with those. We have no plans to use them, and that will give you belts with a lineage to use to get off the ground. Jim, now you are being quite. "

JC-looking at Huston "So you are okay with this?"

HH "Yeah, I can see this being beneficial."

JC "Okay, if your sure than I don't have a problem with it."

JB "Thanks gentlemen. I appreciate your understanding. I'll see you in New Mexico tomorrow. And I'll fax you that list as soon as I get home."

After Barnett had left. Jim turned to Huston and asked questioningly "Okay what do you know that you aren't telling me?"

HH "Nothing for sure, but I smell a rat, and I think we may be able to smoke him out if my hunch is right."

So if I get this straight... this either means you somehow got another player in the game who'll be taking Barnett's role... a new promotion is opening thanks to DOTT... orrrr Barnett's a dirty rat working for Vince. Or maybe Fred! :eek:

Heh, can't wait to see the fallout.

A post from 'Fred'

Results from Friday night's AWA All Stars held in Gymnasium Aguada in PR in front of 574 people on US Small Syndication 2.

Steve Regal defeats Buck Zumhofe for the AWA Lt Hwt Title C-

Jim Brunzell defeated Rene Goulet C

Greg Gagne defeated Terry Taylor to retain the AWA TV Title D-

Ricky Steamboat defeated Larry Henning C

Nick Bockwinkel defeated Rick Martel to retain the AWA World Hwt Title B

Show C-

Rating 1.19

money 559,829(-13380)

And for the record everyone theoutlaw's wife still fed me dinner. (she thinks he's anal too!)

Barnett faxes the list.

Huston had looked over the list. Nothing he saw surprised him.

There were a couple that weren't on there that sorta caught him off guard.

The list:

Bob Armstrong

Brad Armstrong

Les Thornton

Mr. Wrestling 2

Ron Garvin

Ole Anderson

King Kong Bundy

Sir Oliver Humperdink

Gary Hart

Don Kernodle

and Paul Orndorff.

The fact that Tommy Rich, Arn Anderson, and Thunderbolt Patterson's names weren't on there was a mild shock.

Huston didn't see anything that alarmed him, so he figured he'd okay the list and see if they could catch a rat.

NWA Championahip Wrestling Sat Wk 3 1983

http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q81/theoutlaw321/NWACHAMPIONSHIPWRESTLING.jpg

Being held at the New Mexico Armory in front of 902 people and live on TBS!

Dark 4 Way for a shot at the NWA Rising Star Title

http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q81/theoutlaw321/BlackBart.jpg v http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q81/theoutlaw321/PvtJimNelson.jpg v http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q81/theoutlaw321/RickRude3.jpg v http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q81/theoutlaw321/KenTimbs2.jpg

Black Bart v Pvt. Jim Nelson v Rick Rude v Ken Timbs

Not a very good match. Nelson is eliminated first, followed by Rude; Ken Timbs pulls the upset and pins Blark Bart at 7:54. Rude was visibly tiring at the end. Black Bart is improving in technical skills. Rude is improving in flying. D

http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q81/theoutlaw321/GordonSolie2.jpghttp://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q81/theoutlaw321/JimBarnett-1.jpg

The show opens with Jim Barnett standing with Gordon Solie.

GS "Jim, I hear after the events of last Saturday night, you have a few announcements to make."

JB "That's correct Gordon. What happened last Saturday night on our broadcast between the Spoiler and Larry Zbyszko shocked and appalled the entire board of the National Wrestling Alliance. They met in a closed door session on Monday following the events that transpired; and they have issued the following ruling. As of this date, Saturday Week 3 February 1983, the governing body of the National Wrestling Alliance here by strips The Spoiler and/or Larry Zbyszko of the National Hwt Title. The title is officially held up. The parties in possession of the physical title should immediately relinquish the belt to the acting commissioner of NWA, Inc Jim Barnett. "

As a result of these actions I am here to announce there will be an eight man tournament to determine the new champion. The first match in said tournament will be later on tonight when Hulk Hogan takes on Larry Zbyszko. "

For the NWA Rising Star Title:

http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q81/theoutlaw321/LesThornton-2.jpghttp://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q81/theoutlaw321/Generic31.jpg v http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q81/theoutlaw321/MarkYoungblood.jpg

Les Thornton NWA Rising Star Champ v Mark Youngblood

Decent match saw lots of action. The champ looked good out there. But from out of nowhere, Youngblood hits him with a cross body block to capture the title at 4:50. C-

Interview with Paul Ellering and the Road Warriors.

GS "Good evening Paul. Your team here has certainly been impressive. Coming off a victory in the loser leave town match with Thunder Train, you are certainly riding high."

PE "Yes Gordon, we are. After showing our superiority to the overmatched team of Patterson and Jones, we are now looking for a new challenge. Gordon sooner or later the management here will see that I have my team poised for greatness. We have our eyes firmly focused on the titles. So watch out!"

Animal "I'm ready to pound someone! We will take all comers. There isn't any competition for us here! Whata ya say Hawk, how'd it make you feel to send Thunder Train off into the sunset?"

Hawk "I told you too old timers, that you were messing with more than two kids. It felt damn good kicking your over the hill a**es right off TBS. WHATAAA Rush!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q81/theoutlaw321/RoadWarriorAnimal-1.jpghttp://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q81/theoutlaw321/RoadWarriorHawk-1.jpg w/http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q81/theoutlaw321/PaulEllering3.jpg

v

http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q81/theoutlaw321/RonnieGarvin.jpghttp://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q81/theoutlaw321/BobArmstrong-1.jpg

The Road Warriors w/ Paul Ellering v Ron Garvin and Bob Armstrong

The young Warriors showed why they are an up and coming force in this promotion by taking it to the babyface combo. Hawk ended it at 5:54 when he covered Bob for the pin after hitting him with the Hangman's neckbreaker. The match was hurt by not enough selling. Hawk is improving in rumble skills. C+

Interview with Jake Roberts.

GS "Jake you have certainly drew a tough opponent for this evening, any thoughts?"

JR "Oh do I have thoughts, yeah. Most of which are not suitable to be aired though. Sika, unfortunately you have to deal with me tonight. That's too bad for you. "

For the National TV Title:

http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q81/theoutlaw321/JakeRoberts2-1.jpghttp://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q81/theoutlaw321/GCW_TV.jpg v http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q81/theoutlaw321/Sika-1.jpg

Jake Roberts National TV Champ v Sika

Pretty good matchup ability wise, too bad these two didn't click as it made for an awkward bout. After going back and forth for 7+ minutes, Roberts hits a DDT to score the victory and successfully defend his title at 7:29. He did improve his rumble skills. C+

Video is shown of the MWC v Wild Samoans storyline. Highlights are shown of the series of matches between the two teams. It shows the victory by Arn and Ole over the Samoans for the titles. The beatdown that left Arn out of action for a while. It shows Gene filling and also being injured at the hands of the savages.

Interview with Ole Anderson.

"Samoans, no matter what you do I'll keep coming back. I'm an Anderson and we never quit. If you want this war to end then you'll have to kill me; if I don't kill you first!"

http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q81/theoutlaw321/GCW_Tag.jpghttp://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q81/theoutlaw321/OleAnderson2-1.jpg v http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q81/theoutlaw321/Afa-1.jpg

Ole Anderson National Tag Team Champ v Afa

Another brutal contest between members of the warring teams that lifted the crowd. This one degenerated into an all out brawl. Ole was awarded the victory by DQ at the 6:34 mark when Sika got involved and attacked Ole. The match was hurt by a lack of selling which hurt the overall quality of the match. B-

After the match, the Samoans continued to beat of Ole. I don't think they will stop until they take out the whole family(Lars better watch out!) The save was made by Ron Garvin and Bob Armstrong. Who ran down and ran the Samoans off.

A video is played highlighting Andre the Giant.

http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q81/theoutlaw321/AndretheGiant-1.jpg w/http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q81/theoutlaw321/BuddyRogers-1.jpgv http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q81/theoutlaw321/MrWrestlingII.jpg

Andre the Giant w/Buddy Rogers v Mr. Wrestling 2

Very good match between two very good workers that lifted the crowd. Andre ended the match with a butt drop and a pin at the 6:12 mark. Mr. Wrestling 2 was a little off his game tonight and the fact that there was a lack of selling which affected the over all quality of the match. B

A video is played of the Rich/Sawyer storyline.

An interview with Buzz Sawyer.

"Tommy, there is nothing I like more than coming to the arena on Saturday night and kicking your a** for the whole country to see on TBS!"

An interview with Tommy Rich.

"Buzz man this thing is far from over. Tonight will just be another fight in this war!"

http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q81/theoutlaw321/TommyRich2.jpg v http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q81/theoutlaw321/BuzzSawyer2-1.jpg

Another classic confrontation that really got the crowd going. As usually, even though these two are very capable wrestlers it turns into an out war. The ref loses control when both combatants are wielding chairs and swinging them madly at each other. He orders the bell rung at the 7:37 mark and both men are dq'ed. A*

Ole Anderson makes his way out to the podium for an unscheduled interview.

GS "Ole, we all saw the tremendous beating that you took at the hands of the Samoans tonight. Are you okay."

Ole just glared at Gordon, then he turned and glared into the camera "Am I alright? You want to know if I'm alright? Hell no I'm not alright. My nephew is hurt, my brother is hurt, now you try to take me out tonight? I've had enough. Listen up you two animals. You've started something that you haven't got what it takes to finish. Damnit I'm an Anderson, this is what I do. I don't know how to do anything else. But I've had enough. The next time we step in the ring together, it will be the last time you hear me? If you win I quit. I'm gone, I'll retire. If you win, you're gone. You have to leave the NWA! What do you say? At Caged Heat?"

GS "Ole, are you saying what I think you're saying? At Caged Heat you're challenging the Samoans to a Loser leave town match? And if you lose you are to retire? Who will be you're partner?"

Ole "That's exactly what I'm saying Gordon. as for my partner, I'll find someone or I'll fight them myself. It doesn't matter anymore. I just want them in the cage."

A video is played showing the highlights of the events from last week: The Spoiler winning the title from Paul Orndorff, then the selling of the title to Larry Zbyszko, and finally to tonight when Barnett announced the stripping of the title.

An interview with Larry Zbyszko.

GS "Larry what have you to say for what has transpired?"

LZ "I'm mad as hell. Who does Barnett think he is? This is my title!"

GS "But Larry you didn't actually win it in the ring."

LZ "I'm the 'Living Legend', Gordon, I was born with the right to carry gold. As for Hogan tonight. Sorry you drew me in this farce of a tournament for my championship. They want to strip the title away? Then I'll do whatever I have to win it back."

First round match in the National Hwt Title Tournament.

http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q81/theoutlaw321/LarryZybszko2.jpg v http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q81/theoutlaw321/HulkHogan2-1.jpg

These two put on an great match that really juiced the crowd. Larry was like a man possessed. He worked Hogan over with an array of technical moves. Then Hogan seemed to change the tide by using his size and strength. He gained the upper hand and looked on his way to advancing in the tournament, when Larry who was kneeing down on one knee after taking a couple of big right hands in the corner, appeared to reach into his tights and pull out something. When Hogan came in for the kill, Larry smashed him right in the jaw with whatever was in his hand and Hogan hit the mat like a rock. Larry covered for the pin at 7:19 to advance to the second round. A

A video promo is played of the Race/Flair storyline. It shows highlights of the encounters of these two men. It also shows the attack from Thursday's In Your Town! where was attacked by Race, Bockwinkel and Terry Funk.

An interview with Ric Flair.

"Gordon, you are looking good tonight. I just wanted to come out here and say a few things. WHOOOO! This is a great night to be in New Mexico (huge pop from crowd.) I got a couple of things on my mind. First, Race I just want to let you know that we aren't done by any means. But I need to address something or should I say someone first. Terry Funk, I don't know what possessed you to stick your crooked nose in my business, but let me tell you this you have got my attention. WHOOOOO! and that ain't a good thing. Funk I want your sorry a** in that ring 5 days from now. If you were here tonight we'd do it here. 'Cause you have done pissed off the 'Nature Boy.' And now you have to pay. WHOOOOOO!"

Video is played highlighting the Piper/Rhoades storyline.

Interview with Dusty.

"Piper, manz Iz tellinz youz gotz a but whooppin coming tonightz. Iz hopes youz readyz forz theze cauze itz goinz to bez a longz night."

Interview with Piper.

He makes his way out looking around on the floor.

"Good God man, do you have any idea how much spit comes out of your mouth when you talk? You need to go outside and talk for an hour and maybe you can get something to grow in this god forsaken desert. (A chorus of boos goes up from the crowd.) Ah shut up you losers. Dusty I'm going to do what I've been doing to you for 2 months. I'm going to beat you to a pulp and then I'm going to introduce you to my friend Chairlie. Hehehe."

http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q81/theoutlaw321/RoddyPiper3.jpg v http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q81/theoutlaw321/DustyRhodes.jpg

These guys but on a good match that lifts the crowd. They battle back and forth through 2 commercial breaks. The action spills onto the floor. Dusty whips Roddy into the ring post. He goes to follow, but the ref steps in front of him, giving Piper enough time to pick up a ringside chair. Bammm, he almost folds the chair in half over Dusty's head. The bell rings Dusty by dq at 22:45. As Dusty hits the floor he hammers him twice more before a whole slew of backstage personnel get between them. The show ends with Piper making his way up the ramp carrying the destroyed metal chair and laughing. These two don't click at all leading to an awkward bout(man this so hurts that I lost this chemistry in the change from 05>07.) B

Overall show Grade- B Which should have increased our popularity.

Attn: 902

Rating 3.88 on TBS

Money 2,881,785(-39290)

I'm going to change the format a little.

Instead of updates throughout the week; I'm going to go to a weekly update. I will attempt to do this in a magazine style format. Giving updates from the various regions throughout the game world. I'm not going to indepth every region. Just highlight(I'll be using the headlines that appear in game to sorta guage what is and what isn't important.

Bear with me.

http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q81/theoutlaw321/internet.jpg

For the week ending Sunday Week 3, February 1983

NWA Copyright Infringement Proceedings Ends In and Agreement with the WWF?

Monday started what many inside the industry thought would be a long drawn out affair between the world's two largest promotions over supposed copyright infringements by the NWA. The allege events took place at the month ending Big Show in January. But what started as a presumed long process ended abruptly Tuesday morning as in an unexpected move the case was suddenly dropped by the WWF. With such a strong case going in, there had to be some sort of agreement reached between the two sides.

There were rumors of a dinner meeting between Vince McMahon, Jim Crockett Jr, and NWA's head booker Huston Hartsell. Details are sketchy and nothing has been released. We will bring you the story as it continues to unfold.

NWA HOLDS UP NATIONAL TITLE

It was announced on NWA Championship Wrestling on TBS last night that the NWA Board has officially held up the National Hwt Title after the events of last weekend.

To recap the events; last week on NWA Championship Wrestling The Spoiler defeated Paul Orndorff to win the Title. Then in a strange and bizarre twist of events, he sold the belt to Larry Zbyszko for $25000.

The new champion will be determined by an 8 man tournament to be held over the proceeding weeks. The first match saw Zbyszko defeat Hulk Hogan to advance.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

PROMOTIONAL REPORTS

NWAhttp://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q81/theoutlaw321/NWA.jpg

This week was a busy week for the NWA as the week started Monday in New York in a courtroom. Reports are that a settlement was reached by the two large wrestling companies. What exactly that settlement entails no one knows. We are working the phones in an attempt to get the story behind the story.

Show highlights

>MACW taping from Daytona Ocean Center

Attn:5000 Sellout

Match of the night:Jimmy Valiant defeated The Assassin to retain the MA TV title in an A match.

Show B

Rating 0.96

>In Your Town! From Dean Smith Center in Chapel Hill, NC.

Attn:15000 sellout

Great show which saw 3 A graded matches.

On the undercard; Harley Race defeated Tommy Rich in an A* match. Also saw Dusty Rhodes and Greg Valentine fight to a draw in another A* contest. The main event saw World Champ successfully defend against

Nick Bockwinkel in an A match.

The show itself got an B+ and saw the company rake in a big pay day as well as beat the WWF head to head in buyrate 0.13 to 0.10.

>They finished off the week in New Mexico at the Armory.

Attn:902

Match highlights: Larry Zbyszko defeated Hulk Hogan in a A match in the first round of the National Hwt Tournament. But the match of the night belonged to Tommy Rich and Buzz Sawyer as they battled to a double dq finish in a A* rated match.

The show received an B grade.

Received a rating of 3.88 on TBS.

Title changes

>Mark Youngblood defeated Les Thornton on Saturday night to become the NWA Rising Star champion. It is his first reign.

Challenges issued

In a shocking move, as a result of recent events, Ole Anderson challenged the Samoans to a Loser Leave Town Match and put his career on the line. If accepted the match will take place at Caged Heat this Sunday in a cage.

Also, last night Ric Flair issued a challenge to Terry Funk for a title shot at this week’s edition of IN YOU HOUSE!

Changes coming?

There was a reported meeting that took place on Friday at NWA headquarters in Charlotte. The details are sketchy at this point, but it is said to involve the recent rumors of a Jim Barnett led startup promotion. We are working on getting the inside reaction to this possible story.

>Also this week there has a rumor surfaced about possible backstage problems involving Paul Orndorff. There has been mounting heat backstage over the last few weeks. Seems he is not happy and has been letting everyone know. Inside source says that, he botched a finish to a match the other week and then no showed the In You Town event this week. This sounds like it is going to get ugly.

Injury

Report from the AWA is that Greg Gagne(who also works for NWA) was injured Monday night at an AWA event. The early report is that he broke his jaw, but he will try to work thru it. He joins a mounting list for the NWA that includes Sgt. Slaughter, Larry Zbyszko, Hulk Hogan, and Abe Jacobs.

>Snubbs

Reports have it that both Ric Flair and Nick Bockwinkel both snubbed the WWF this week.

AWA REPORT http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q81/theoutlaw321/AWA.jpg

Youth movement ahead?

Reports out of the AWA this week are that Verne Gagne is not overly happy with the current product. The promotion is starting to lose money regularly and he wants it stopped.

Head booker 'Fred' when asked about this report had this to say "When I took over the book, I inherited an aging roster full of occasional wrestlers. It has been my focus to search out and revamp our roster. I didn't want to do it in one fail swoop, but to gradually do it over a period of time as to not upset the tradition of the promotion. I feel we are moving in a solid direction with the additions of Flair, Steamboat, and others. I have offers out to some more talent and will be releasing details on their contract status in the coming weeks.'

Show update:

>Road Show from Northside Community Center in Ft. Worth, Texas.

Attn:300 Sellout

Match of the night:Nick Bockwinkel defeated Wahoo McDaniel to retain the AWA World Hwt C+.

Show grade C+

>End of the Month show from Portland Center

Attn: 609

Match of the show: Bockwinkel defeats Ricky Steamboat to retain the AWA World Title. B-

Show Grade C-

>AWA All Stars from Gymnasium Aguada in PR.

Attn:574

Match of night:Bockwinkel defeated Rick Martel to retain the AWA World Hwt Title. B

Show grade-C-

Title changes during the week

>Tuesday: Greg Gagne defeats Terry Taylor for the AWA TV Title. D-

>Friday: Steve Regal defeated Buck Zumhofe for the AWA Lt Hwt Title.C-

Comings and goings

Signings for the week:

>The AWA announced that the following workers have agreed to contracts with the company this week: Michael Hayes, Austin Idol, and Rick Rude.

>The company announced that it had released Nacho Berrera from his contract.

>Sources in the know also report that the following workers rejected offers from the company this week: Pedro Morales, Andre the Giant, Bob Backlund, Tito Santana, Kerry Von Erich, Jimmy Snuka, and Superstar Billy Graham.

>It has been reported that Gene Okerland has signed with the CWG.

Injuries

>Greg Gagne broke his jaw during a match on Tuesday. It has been reported that he will work thru the injury.

Backstage heat?

Hulk Hogan showed up late for a show this week and was warned, he took exception to the warning and reportedly had a few things to say. Stay tuned to see if this happens to turn into an issue.

WWFhttp://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q81/theoutlaw321/WWF.jpg

WWF drops infringement lawsuit with the NWA

Reports are sketchy at this time, but it seems that a compromise was reached between the two promotions that led to the dismissal of the lawsuit.

WWF signs Junkyard Dog

The Junkyard Dog has signed a PPA contract with the WWF. He made his first appearance with the company on Thursday defeating Don Muraco.

Another loss on Thursday night

The WWF's weekly PPV again lost out to the NWA's on Thursday night. The buyrate for In Your Neighborhood was 0.10 as opposed to the NWA's 0.13. Sources have said that this is a sticking point with head man Vince McMahon. And he has been in a very bad mood backstage. Stay tuned.

Show reports:

>In You Neighborhood from Rochcester Memorial Arena.

Attn:10000sellout

Match highlights:JYD defeated Don Muraco in his debut. C+; Jimmy Snuka defeated Ray Stevens to retain the WWF Championship in the match of the show.B-

Show grade C+

Buyrate 0.10

>WWF Championship Wrestling from Springfield Civic Center.

Attn:5000sellout

Match of the show:Snuka defeated Masked Superstar to retain the WWF Championship. B-

Show grade-C+

Rating 1.51

Comings and goings

>As reported earlier, JYD signed a PPV deal with the company this week.

>The following workers reportedly turned down offers from other promotions this week:Tito Santana(AWA), Bob Backlund(AWA), Pedro Morales(AWA), Andre the Giant(AWA), Jimmy Snuka(AWA), and Superstar Billy Graham(AWA.)

>Kerry Von Erich turned down a contract offer from the company this week.

>As did Ric Flair and Nick Bockwinkel. McMahon is said to be becoming increasingly frustrated by his inability to pry any of his targets away from the NWA.

>Bob Backlund signed with NJPW.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Other US Promotions:

Barnett opens Championship Wrestling from Georgia

It was announced this morning that Jim Barnett will open a new promotion based out of the southeast. Their first show is scheduled for next Sunday.

The following workers are reported to have come to contract terms with the promotion: Bob Armstrong, Brad Armstrong, Les Thornton, Mr. Wrestling 2, Ron Garvin, Ole Anderson, King Kong Bundy, Sir Oliver Humperdink, Gary Hart, Don Kernodle, Paul Orndorff, Adrian Adonis, Dennis Condrey, Gene Okerland, Gordon Solie, Leroy Brown, Michael Hayes, and Tom Renesto.

Tom Renesto has been given the job as head booker.

>It was reported that they contacted Dory Funk Jr about a contract, but he turned them down.

>The same goes for Kerry Von Erich, as he also turned them down.

Central Stateshttp://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q81/theoutlaw321/CSTATE.jpg

>Title changes this week:

Super Destroyer 2 defeated Porkchop Cash for the CS National Title. D+

Kim Duk defeated Mark Romero for the CS TV Title. D+

HCW

Title changes during the week

>Kelly Kiniski defeated Art Crews for the HCW Intercontinental Title. D-

>JYD defeated Mr. Olympia for the HCW International Title. C+

Mid South Wrestlinghttp://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q81/theoutlaw321/MSW2.jpg

>MSW star JYD signed with tthe WWF this week, it is not known if this will affect his status with MSW or not.

PPWhttp://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q81/theoutlaw321/PPW.jpg

>Man Mountain Mike defeated Oly Olsen for the PPW National Title. E+

>Offered The Assassin a contract.

SWCWhttp://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q81/theoutlaw321/SWCW.jpg

>Ricky Morton defeated Tiger Conway Jr. for the SWCW JR Hwt. C-

>Butch Miller suffered a skyclad's bicep disorder and will be out 43 days.

WCCWhttp://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q81/theoutlaw321/WCCW.jpg

>Kerry Von Erich turned down offers from the AWA, WWF and CWG this week.

WWA

>It was reported this week that the promotion is in serious financial trouble and may be forced to close soon.

ICW

>Rumor has it that the company is verge of closing due to mounting financial debt. We'll stay on top of this story.

WWWA

Another new promotion sprung up. It held its first show on Saturday night.

No word on who the owner is.

>Buddy Wolfe defeated Mighty Wilbur to become the WWWA Americas Champ. D-

The roster includes Iron Sheik, Steve Williams.

>Ernie Ladd was named head booker.

>They have made an offer to Jake Roberts.

Japan

AJPWhttp://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q81/theoutlaw321/ajpw.jpg

>Stan Hansen defeated Bruiser Brody for the NWA International Hwt Title B-

>Mitsuhara Misawa tore knee ligaments and will be out 27 days.

NJPWhttp://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q81/theoutlaw321/njpw.jpg

>Antoni Inoki defeated Tatsumi Fujinami for the WWF International Hwt Title.C+

>They have made an offer to Buzz Sawyer.

Canada

ASWhttp://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q81/theoutlaw321/ASW.jpg

>It was reported this week that the promotion is on the verge of closing.

IWA

>Dino Bravo defeated Michel Dubois for the NWA International Hwt Title. C

Mexico

UWA

>The Revenge Warriors(El Solar and El Brazo) defeated El Signo and El Audaz for the UWA World Tag Team Titles. C-

i like the new format...as long as you continue to right the incredible writeups for your cards....this has to be one of the best dynasties on the board

The write ups won't change for the cards. I just though the new format would be better than having 2-3 updates during the week. I want it to be thorough. Because during this era there were so many promotions and there was so much going on.

Also, I have almost decided that the updates from 'Fred' will come once a week. More than likely on Sat of game week. Maybe Sunday's. This will make it easier for me. I have asked over and over for another screen name so he can do his own(he doesn't own a computer) but so far have not recieved a response back.

I appreciate your kind words. (as I blush a little...)

http://www.midatlanticgateway.com/Audio/ThemeMusic/theme_files/Mid-AtlanticTheme79-86.mp3

http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q81/theoutlaw321/midatlanticchampionship.jpg

Coming to you from the Macon Coliseum in Macon, Ga in front of a sellout crowd of 5000!

Dark Matches

http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q81/theoutlaw321/MikeRotundo-1.jpg v http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q81/theoutlaw321/DizzyEdHogan.jpg

Mike Rotundo v Dizzy Ed Hogan

Hogan in his debut match with the promotion turns in a good performance as he and Rotundo work well together. Rotundo picks up the win by pinfall at the 5:05 mark after hitting the airplane spin. Rotundo came out of the match looking very good. Hogan is improving in performance skills. C

http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q81/theoutlaw321/NikitaKoloff-1.jpg v http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q81/theoutlaw321/SweetBrownSugar.jpg

Nikita Koloff v Sweet Brown Sugar

This one didn't go as well. Nikita pins the masked man after leveling him with a Russian sickle at 5:25. D+

Main Show:

http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q81/theoutlaw321/GordonSolie2.jpghttp://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q81/theoutlaw321/BobCaudle.jpg

Gordon and Bob welcome everyone to tonight's show. They highlight the matches that we will be seeing tonight which include:Jerry Brisco v The Assassin; Jimmy Valiant defending against Kabuki; Valentine taking on Jay Youngblood; and the big main event 6 man tag match pitting Flair/Steamboat/McDaniel against Race and the Funks.

Paul Jones leads the Assassin out for an interview.

PJ "Brisco, you don't know what you've gotten yourself into. I am going to unleash my monster on you. And you won't have your big brother here to save you."

http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q81/theoutlaw321/USTagTeam.jpghttp://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q81/theoutlaw321/JerryBrisco-1.jpg v http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q81/theoutlaw321/AssassinMask1.jpg w/http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q81/theoutlaw321/PaulJones2-1.jpg

Jerry Brisco US Tag Team Champ v The Assassin w/Paul Jones

Good match. Jones tried repeatedly to interfere on behalf of the Assassin, but in the end the younger Brisco catches the masked man in the figure four and gains the submission at 6:41. The Assassin was off his game tonight. B-

Video is shown replaying the storyline between Valiant and Kabuki.

Gary Hart leads Kabuki and the Magic Dragon out for an interview.

GH "Valiant are you mad? Asking for a Loser leave town match with the Mystic one? Of course we will accept. Anything to rid us of a nuisance. As for tonight, we will gladly take that gold off your hands." Hart is improving at acting and Kabuki in performance skills.

Interview with Jimmy Valiant.

"Hart, Kabuki and you too Dragon. It don't matter who you bring or what threats you make, at Caged Heat I will rid this promotion of some garbage!"

For the MA TV Title

http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q81/theoutlaw321/JimmyValiant2-1.jpghttp://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q81/theoutlaw321/NWATelevision.jpg v http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q81/theoutlaw321/GreatKabuki2.jpg

Jimmy Valiant MA TV Champ v The Great Kabuki w/Gary Hart

Another great match between these two that lifted the crowd. Kabuki sets up for the heart kick, Valiant blocks it and locks in the sleeper and looks on his way to a successful title defense, then out of nowhere the Magic Dragon appears. He hits him from behind to break the hold. The referee orders the bell rung. Valiant by DQ at 6:26. The two Orientals continue to beat Valiant down as we go to commercial. B+

http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q81/theoutlaw321/GregValentine-1.jpg v http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q81/theoutlaw321/JayYoungblood-1.jpg

Greg Valentine v Jay Youngblood

Great match that lifted the crowd. This one was decided at 7:22 when Valentine got the pin after hitting a bionic elbow. Youngblood is improving in rumble skills. B+

A video is played of the Wahoo/Valentine storyline.

A video is played of the Flair/Race storyline.

Interview with Race and the Funks.

HR "Flair, how'd you like getting your tail kicked last Thursday? I told you a long time ago that if you picked a fight with the 'King' then you would live to regret it."

TF "Ric, Ric, Ric do you really want to go there with me? I tell you what. If there is anything left of you after tonight then yeah, I don't have a problem kicking your a** on Thursday." Turning to Harley. " When I win does that mean me and you get to fight in the cage Sunday?"

They all laugh as they walk off together.

Interview with Flair/Steamboat/McDaniel.

RF "WHOOOOOOO! Good God, look what is going to go down here tonight in Macon, by God, Georgia. Gordon would you look here at who has my back tonight. I have the 'Dragon' Ricky Steamboat one half of the World Tag champions. And over here I have the 'Chief' Wahoo McDaniel, the US Hwt Champion. Macon Georgia do you have any idea the a** kicking that will be laid done on one Harley Race and those Funk Brothers? Man I feel good. Space Mountain is gassed up and ready to roll. WHOOOOOOOO! WHOOOOOO!!

http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q81/theoutlaw321/RicFlair2-1.jpghttp://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q81/theoutlaw321/RickySteamboat-1.jpghttp://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q81/theoutlaw321/WahooMcDaniel-1.jpg

http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q81/theoutlaw321/NWAWorldHvy.jpghttp://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q81/theoutlaw321/NWAWorldTagTeam.jpghttp://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q81/theoutlaw321/UnitedStatesHvy.jpg

v

http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q81/theoutlaw321/HarleyRace2-1.jpghttp://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q81/theoutlaw321/TerryFunk2.jpghttp://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q81/theoutlaw321/DoryFunkJr2.jpghttp://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q81/theoutlaw321/MACW_Heavy.jpg

Ric Flair NWA World Hwt Champion ,Ricky Steamboat NWA World Tag Team Champ, and Wahoo McDaniel US Hwt Champ v Harley Race, Terry Funk, and Dory Funk Jr MA Hwt Champ

Great match that the crowd was really into. Saw all men shine at point throughout. Back and forth with no one getting a decided advantage. As the match went on, there was more and more fighting on the outside. In fact the match ended at the 13:33 mark when the legal men in the ring, Wahoo and Race, were counted out after spilling onto the floor. Steamboat is improving in performance skills. Dory is improving in rumble skills. B+

Overall Grade B+ This should be considered a success, as it increased our popularity.

Attn 5000 Sellout

Money 2,910,085(+28300)

Rating- to be shown on Sunday.

OCC-As I got to the end of this write up it suddenly donned on me that the acceptance of the challenge by Terry Funk will take place(on tv) after the match is fought(on Thursday.) Also, this will be shown on Sunday night as a lead into Caged Heat. In my defense, I'm not a complete idiot; the whole month of Feb was booked prior to switching over to 2007. The PPV schedule was different anyway. I failed to make the necessary changes. I promise March will be better set up.

http://www.midatlanticgateway.com/Audio/general_audio/Mid-Atlantic%20Crockett%20Edit.mp3

Preview for In Your Town!

Live from Isaac Road Arena in Maryland

Black Bart v Rick Rude v King Kong Bundy v Rick McGraw

3-way for the Rising Star Title

Mark Youngblood© v Les Thornton v Ken Timbs

Larry Zbyszko and Buzz Sawyer v Tommy Rich and Mr. Wrestling 2

Ricky Steamboat and Jay Youngblood© v Dory Funk Jr and Greg Valentine for the NWA World Tag Team Titles

Harley Race v Ole Anderson

Wahoo McDaniel© v Ivan Koloff for the US Hwt Title

Nick Bockwinkel v Hulk Hogan

Andre the Giant v Dusty Rhodes

Ric Flair© v Terry Funk for the NWA World Hwt Title

Man, wouldn't wrestling be different if the NWA DID strike first? What a great concept for a diary.

Prediction: King Kong Bundy, big fan of the Ravishing one but King Kong Bundy was a monster and it's believable for him to win.

3-way for the Rising Star Title

Mark Youngblood© v Les Thornton v Ken Timbs

Prediction: Like the look of Mark Youngblood defending here.

Prediction: What a good match that would be. I'll giving the Living Legend and Buzz Sawyer.

Ricky Steamboat and Jay Youngblood© v Dory Funk Jr and Greg Valentine for the NWA World Tag Team Titles

Prediction: Again, another great match, I'm tempted to go the Hammer and Dory, but I'll go the Dragon and Jay Youngblood.

Prediction: Harley Race, Ole Anderson is a tough old bast@rd, but Harley Race was a consummate pro.

Wahoo McDaniel© v Ivan Koloff for the US Hwt Title

Prediction: Sickles... all round? I'll go for Wahoo to defend though.

Prediction: Hulk Hogan. I'd prefer Nick Bockwinkel, but I think Hogan will get the change here.

Prediction: Andre

Ric Flair© v Terry Funk for the NWA World Hwt Title

Prediction: WOOOO - the dirtiest..player...in the game

4-Way for shot at Rising Star:

Mike Davis v Pvt Nelson v Pez Whatley v Mark Youngblood=Pistol Pez

Ron Garvin v Rick Rude= Rude

Main Show:

Les Thornton© v Mr. Olympia for NWA Rising Star= Thorton

Jack Brisco v Ivan Koloff= Sickle,,nuff said,,Da

Steamboat/Youngblood© v Roddy Piper/The Spoiler= Team Steamboat

Wahoo McDaniel v Hulk Hogan in a nontitle match= hogan(can you have a brick hit him please)

Harley Race v Tommy Rich = Rich

Dusty Rhodes v Greg Valentine= The Hammer Baby

Andre the Giant v Dory Funk Jr= Andre

Ric Flair© v Nick Bockwinkel for the NWA World Hwt Title = Draw

Sorry it has taken so long to acknowledge your response. Thanks for your input. I take it you dislike Hogan too?

Feel free to chime in anytime, if fact your response is incouraged and appreciated. Thanks for reading!

Predictions time!

---

Ole Anderson v Afa

Tommy Rich v Buzz Sawyer

4-3-1, not bad. I seem to be hard to get a handle on. The 4 way I throw out as I'm using them right now to see where my booking team sees the younger unproven workers on our roster. And besides I never would have seen that one coming! The Youngblood win was also a mild surprise.

---

Yeah, I'm also already taking some steps to alleviate that. Fred and I have sorta worked out an agreement on the shared workers, as those seem to be the ones most suseptable to injury. Thanks for your input!

Les Thornton© v Mark Youngblood

Jake Roberts© v Sika

Ole Anderson v Afa

Tommy Rich v Buzz Sawyer

5-2-1, maybe you have a better handle on me than the others? Great prediction on the Youngblood upset. Let me think about it and I'll pm you and tell you what you win Choices A)new car B)large amount of cash C)something else!

Thanks for reading guys!

NWA IN YOUR TOWN! Thur Week 4 Feb 83

http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q81/theoutlaw321/NWAINYOURTOWN.jpg

Coming to you from the Isaac Road Arena in front of a sellout crowd of 15000, and live on PPV!

4-Way for a shot at the Rising Star Title:

http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q81/theoutlaw321/BlackBart.jpg v http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q81/theoutlaw321/RickRude3.jpg v http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q81/theoutlaw321/KingKongBundy.jpg v http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q81/theoutlaw321/RickMcGraw-1.jpg

All three men focus on the big man Bundy. They are relentless. He fires back and lands a big splash on Rude. McGraw slips in covers Rude for the pin. As he watches the pin take place BB rolls up the big man to gain the pin and eliminate Bundy. Black Bart then takes control and hits the Texas Trash Compactor on McGraw and covers for the pin at 7:49. Rude was visibly tiring at the end. Black Bart is improving in rumble and performance skills. D+

Main show:

http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q81/theoutlaw321/GordonSolie2.jpg

Gordon announces that we are in for a great show tonight as we will see the following matches: Steamboat and Youngblood v Dory Funk Jr and Greg Valentine for the World Tag Team titles; Harley Race v Ole Anderson; Wahoo McDaniel v Ivan Koloff for the US Hwt; Hulk Hogan v Nick Bockwinkel; Andre the Giant v Dusty Rhodes; and Ric Flair v Terry Funk for the NWA World Hwt Title.

Interview with Les Thornton.

"Youngblood, your win Saturday was a fluke. I will prove that to everyone tonight. I've got a surprise in store for you tonight. "

3- Way for the NWA Rising Star Title:

http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q81/theoutlaw321/LesThornton-2.jpg v http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q81/theoutlaw321/MarkYoungblood.jpg v http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q81/theoutlaw321/KenTimbs2.jpg

http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q81/theoutlaw321/Generic31.jpg

Les Thornton v Mark Youngblood NWA Rising Star Champ v Ken Timbs

Pretty exciting match. Youngblood looks good in his first title defense. But as the match goes on it looks like Timbs is working with Thornton as they continually double team the young man. Finally Thornton hits the brain buster on Mark and covers for the pin at 6:08 to win back the title. Thornton’s performance stood out as being good. C

Video is played highlighting the on going feud between Tommy Rich and Buzz Sawyer.

Interview with Tommy Rich and Mr. Wrestling 2.

TR “Sawyer, I’m coming for you. Tonight you are mine. “

MW2 “Tommy I’ll take care of Zybszko for you. Sawyer is all yours.”

Interview with Larry Zbyszko and Buzz Sawyer.

Larry “Take care of me? W2, man I’m the ‘Living Legend’ no one takes care of me.”

BS “Tommy, hmmm, tonight, I’m going to take it to you like never before. It’s going to be a long night for you.” Sawyer is improving in performance skills.

http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q81/theoutlaw321/LarryZybszko2.jpghttp://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q81/theoutlaw321/BuzzSawyer2-1.jpg v http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q81/theoutlaw321/TommyRich2.jpghttp://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q81/theoutlaw321/MrWrestlingII.jpg

Good match that lifted the crowd. Plenty of action, hard fought match. MW2 did just as he said as he kept Zbyszko occupied, as Rich and Sawyer continued their own personal war with each other. MW2 ended it when he caught Zbyszko in the sleeper and got the submission at 6:59. Zbyszko was slowed somewhat by the broken jaw he suffered a few weeks ago. Larry and Sawyer have excellent chemistry together. Sawyer’s performance stood out as being good. Larry is improving in rumble skills. Rich and MW2 are improving in performance skills. B-

Video is shown highlighting the teams in the next match: Steamboat and Youngblood and Dory Funk Jr and Greg Valentine.

For the NWA World Tag Team Titles:

http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q81/theoutlaw321/NWAWorldTagTeam.jpghttp://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q81/theoutlaw321/RickySteamboat-1.jpghttp://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q81/theoutlaw321/JayYoungblood-1.jpghttp://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q81/theoutlaw321/NWAWorldTagTeam.jpg

v

http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q81/theoutlaw321/MACW_Heavy.jpghttp://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q81/theoutlaw321/DoryFunkJr2.jpghttp://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q81/theoutlaw321/GregValentine-1.jpg

Ricky Steamboat and Jay Youngblood NWA World Tag Champs v Dory Funk Jr and Greg Valentine

Very good contest that lifted the crowd. Steamboat gained the submission at the 10:47 mark by getting Valentine to tap out to the double armed chicken wing. The performance of Steamboat stood out as being good. Valentine came out of the match looking good. B

Video is shown of the MWC v Wild Samoans feud.

Interview with Ole Anderson.

“Race, you’ve been running wild lately. I think it’s time you learned what it’s like to be caught between a ‘Rock’ and a hard place. As for you two savages, Sunday night at Caged Heat, I haven’t heard any response. Are you afraid of taking me on?”

Interview with Harley Race.

“Rock, yeah I’ve been doing what I want. And I will continue to ‘cause I’m the ‘King.’

Guys, why don’t you come out and let’s tell the world what is about to happen.”

At that, Greg Valentine and the Funk Brothers walk out and join Race at the podium.

“People, what you see before you now is a force that the world has never known. I present to you a ‘King’ and His Court. We are going to take over this promotion and the world. Flair, you are on borrowed time. That title will be mine soon. “

http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q81/theoutlaw321/HarleyRace2-1.jpg v http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q81/theoutlaw321/OleAnderson2-1.jpg

Good match that lifted the crowd. ‘The King’ took it to the ‘Rock’ ending the match at 6:48 with a pin fall following a pile driver. These two didn’t click making for an awkward bout. B

Video is shown of the McDaniel/Valentine storyline.

A video is played highlighting Ivan Koloff.

Interview with Ivan.

"I don't understand you people in this country. You cheer for a man that looks like a turkey is attacking his head. In my country the people cheer for the real men. Like me."

Interview with Wahoo McDaniel.

"Maybe you have a problem with the language here. Come on down to the ring and let me translate things for you. I'll show you a real man."

For the US Hwt Title:

http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q81/theoutlaw321/WahooMcDaniel-1.jpghttp://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q81/theoutlaw321/UnitedStatesHvy-1.jpg v http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q81/theoutlaw321/IvanKoloff-1.jpg

Wahoo McDaniel US Hwt Champ v Ivan Koloff

Great match. It really lifted the crowd. These guys went at it like they were at war. Wahoo really took it to him. He wins it with the Indian Death lock at 9:47. Ivan was a little off his game tonight affecting the quality of the match. A

Video is played of highlighting Nick Bockwinkel.

Video is played of the ongoing Andre the Giant/Hulk Hogan storyline.

Interview with Hulk Hogan.

"Brother, I've been chasing you all over the country. Across two promotions man. And I finally catch you tonight. I know it's not for that title you have, but I'm here to show you who the better man is brother."

Interview with Nick Bockwinkel.

"Mr. Hogan, will you never learn? I've told you over and over; that not only am I your superior intellectually, I am also far superior in wrestling ability than you. You can rant and rave all you like and make all kinds of bold claims, but the fact of the matter is this, whether it is here or working for Verne, or anywhere else for that matter; it will take a little more than want to, to ever wrench my title from me."

http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q81/theoutlaw321/NickBockwinkel3-1.jpg v http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q81/theoutlaw321/HulkHogan2-1.jpg

Excellent match worthy of the main event on any show(too bad I didn't have it there,) that lifted the crowd. The wily veteran did just as he said. He kept Hogan at bay. He out wrestled him, and when it looked as if Hogan was gaining full control of the match due to his decided strength advantage, he motioned towards the back. And out came the 8th wonder of the world, Andre. He made his way to the ring and grabbed Hogan. Tossing him to the mat leading to the DQ at 8:34. Bockwinkel and Andre beat down the hapless Hogan until help arrived from the back in the form of Steamboat and Youngblood. They ran off the villains. Hogan was slowed somewhat by his injury. Hogan is improving in performance skills. A*

Video is played highlighting the feud between Dusty Rhodes and Roddy Piper.

Interview with Dusty.

"Andrzee, Iz knowz youz a giant. Butz Iz notz scared of youz. Iz the 'American Dream' theze son of a plumber from wezt Texaz. Iz didn't nake it to wherez I iz today by being afraidz of no onez. "

http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q81/theoutlaw321/AndretheGiant-1.jpg v http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q81/theoutlaw321/DustyRhodes.jpg

Another main event quality match on the undercard that really got the crowd hot. The two combatants went at it hard. The referee got caught up in the action and was knocked down. Rhodes had the big man reeling when out of no where Piper slid into the ring with a chair. He blasted the 'Dream' over the head, rendering him unconscious. Andre covered Rhodes for the pin from the ref who had regained his wits about him at 4:36. After the pin Piper slid back in and it looked as if the two would team up on Rhodes. Piper smiled laughed and blasted the Giant over the head with the chair. He laughed and left the ring laughing all the way up the ramp. A*

Video is played highlighting the ongoing feud between Flair and Race.

It showed the inference from Terry Funk that led to Flair challenging Funk for the title tonight.

Interview with Terry Funk.

"Flair, you don't know what you got yourself into challenging me tonight."

Interview with Ric Flair.

"WHOOOO! Funk, I don't care what kind of threats you heave over here at me. I'm the dirtiest player in the game. I'll take you to school tonight. I see where you 4 clowns have joined together to what? Rule the world. WHOOOO!

In case you idiots have forgotten, I got the gold and WHOOOOOO! I don't plan on giving it up anytime soon. WHOOOOOOOO!"

For the NWA World Hwt Title:

http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q81/theoutlaw321/RicFlair2-1.jpghttp://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q81/theoutlaw321/NWAWorldHvy.jpg v http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q81/theoutlaw321/TerryFunk2.jpg

Ric Flair NWA World Hwt Champ v Terry Funk

Good match that lifted the crowd. Flair fought off attempts to interfere by all three of the members of the 'King's Court' to gain the submission by the figure four at 10:57. Following the match, he was attacked by the entire faction. The save was made by Wahoo, Steamboat and Youngblood who ran down and staved off the attackers. And the show ends with the King and his Court backing up the ramp staring at Flair, Wahoo, Steamboat, and Youngblood in the ring. B

Overall grade- B+

Attn-15000 Sellout

Buyrate 0.13

Money $3,221,136(+311,051)

5-2-1, maybe you have a better handle on me than the others? Great prediction on the Youngblood upset. Let me think about it and I'll pm you and tell you what you win Choices A)new car B)large amount of cash C)something else!

Thanks for reading guys!

Since seeing your pm, I guess I'll have to settle on the something else. :D Hey, as far as having a handle goes, I don't know that I do. I just had a good day with that one! You tend to keep the outcomes pretty unpredictable, which is a good thing, by the way.

Preview for NWA Championship Wrestling on Sat wk 4 Feb 83

Live from the Northwest.

4-Way for a shot at the Rising Star

Rick Rude v King Kong Bundy v Rick McGraw v Super Olympia

3-Way for the Rising Star

Les Thornton© v Mark Youngblood v Black Bart

Jake Roberts© v Jay Youngblood for the National TV

The Samaons v The Road Warriors

Roddy Piper v Jerry Brisco

Tommy Rich v Ivan Koloff

Dusty Rhodes v The Spoiler

Andre the Giant v Buzz Sawyer in the first round of the National Hwt Title Tournament

Guest cmdrsam

Lets see Im gonna take these picks.

Rude

Thorton

Jake Roberts

L.O.D.

Piper

Rich

Going upset Spoiler over the American Dream

Race

And in a huge upset Buzz over The 8th wonder

Tommy Rich v Ivan Koloff

Andre the Giant v Buzz Sawyer in the first round of the National Hwt Title Tournament

Damn Dusty

Tommy Rich v Ivan Koloff

Damn Piper

the real question is who will knock Andre out of the tourny

Archived