The Wrestler

mjdgoldeneye

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm looking forward to this one. I was watching the trailer just yesterday and thought it looked pretty good. Kind of a meshing of Mickey Rourke's life with that of a hell of a lot of aging wrestlers and maybe a bit of a Rocky vibe about the movie.

Weirdly my grandmother (who has been involved in the cinema business her entire life) is going to see it before me. It freaks me out that an 80 year old woman who was frightened of Jurassic Park is going to watch a movie with Necro Butcher in. :D

I've been following the movie for a while now, I like Mickey Rourke and it seems the story of his character follows the same beats as his own life. I've read he's great in it, and I'll give anything directed by Aronofsky a look.

Really wouldn't call it unexpected. Aronofsky is one of the best directors out there; it's rare that something he's done falters artistically.

I knew there was a reason I liked you.

I've been following the production of this movie since I first heard of it. I'm so glad it's getting good reviews and even some Oscar talk.

I want to see it so badly, but it looks like I'll have to wait for it to be released on DVD. Hopefully I can last that long.

:)

Oh man, I got chills the first time I saw the trailer for this movie. The guys that replaced Siskel and Ebert also gave it a "See it" review. They base their ratings on skip it, rent it, and see it. And one of them also said he thinks it's the best movie of the year hands down!

And one of them also said he thinks it's the best movie of the year hands down!

I'm still going The Dark Knight as the greatest movie of the year. It almost beat out Titanic in theatres.. So I don't know how that isn't gonna get best film of the year.

Being a wrestler myself.. I look very forward to watching The Wrestler .. me and some other wrestlers were gonna go Wednesday but then stuff came up so we might go this weekend.

!!!

Guest The Aussie
I sense Necro Butcher hate. I actually like him because he brings something different to the table... so there! :p

I didn't say I hated Necro. I just respect the fact that Rourke put himself and (I'm prety sure it was Necro) through a table.

Archived