The Official WWE / NXT Discussion Thread *May Contain Spoilers*

Adam Ryland

Nah, stoners just bore everyone else to death by talking about it all the time. :(

yes, not at all like borderline alcoholics who feel the need to talk constantly about how hard they party or smokers who insist on telling me off about how i have alot of nerve asking them to not smoke their cig in my face.

but i digress :D

yes, not at all like borderline alcoholics who feel the need to talk constantly about how hard they party or smokers who insist on telling me off about how i have alot of nerve asking them to not smoke their cig in my face.

but i digress :D

Did anyone say it was different to those things? I don't think I saw anyone mention drinking or smoking at all, actually.

Did anyone say it was different to those things? I don't think I saw anyone mention drinking or smoking at all, actually.

hadn't really thought it out that much, wasn't taking a stance. just felt like making a throw away comment while we joked about Rey and pot heads and such.

:p

When did this become the official drug and alcohol thread? Rey was suspended and in all likelihood we will never find out for sure what it was for. Personally I'd much rather discuss WWE than the moral/political rights and wrongs of drug use. For the record though, cannabis is not a drug it's an herb politicians labeled it a drug but God put it here as an herb for medicinal usage.

Anyway....back to the WWE talk. I really love what they're doing with AJ/Daniel Bryan. Anything that puts AJ on my TV every week is always a positive and it's good to see actual story telling coming back to WWE. Hopefully they keep the story going with some sort of ending that benefits AJ and Bryan respectively instead of just running a couple of angles then dropping it out of nowhere. Making Bryan an abusive, arrogant, nerd being stalked by AJ who is a psychotic, angry, nerd has epic written all over it.

When did this become the official drug and alcohol thread? Rey was suspended and in all likelihood we will never find out for sure what it was for. Personally I'd much rather discuss WWE than the moral/political rights and wrongs of drug use. For the record though, cannabis is not a drug it's an herb politicians labeled it a drug but God put it here as an herb for medicinal usage.

Anyway....back to the WWE talk. I really love what they're doing with AJ/Daniel Bryan. Anything that puts AJ on my TV every week is always a positive and it's good to see actual story telling coming back to WWE. Hopefully they keep the story going with some sort of ending that benefits AJ and Bryan respectively instead of just running a couple of angles then dropping it out of nowhere. Making Bryan an abusive, arrogant, nerd being stalked by AJ who is a psychotic, angry, nerd has epic written all over it.

meh, we were bored :p

I agree on Bryan, love his work as the cowardly heel, and I have to say, AJ has shown me something. She's actually pretty darn good on promo's, and the mean streak she showed last week was interesting. Heck, she's a much better actress than any of the other current diva's, love that Bryan's rise is giving her some face time.

Spoiler: If you check out the poster for "no way out" looks like they might be taking the AJ/Bryan storyline the doloris claiborne root, which would be awesome.

Only thing i outright hated tonight on smackdown is cody losing to great khali. ugh. i mean, i get that it was "revenge" but honestly, no other face needed that pop?

I also dislike the aksana storyline because it's a reinforcement that Vince and the WWE are pigs, even by wrestling fan standards. WWE booking holds that if a women gets screentime it's for

1) a lame joke my 8 year old brother doesn't find funny (fart jokes)

2) because she's a gold digger/slut

3) eye candy only

that's another reason i'm pulling for this AJ character, at least she's unique in the current climate.

I've also really been pulling for tyson kid to get back on TV, anyone seen some of his matches on superstars/nxt recently? awesome stuff, and his new sharpshooter variant is siiiiccck.

WWE only fines for the good herb, which is less damaging then alcohol and most proscription drugs by the by ( Dutch I should know lol), unless they have radically changed that policy.

So it was either roids which he couldn't show a proscription for or too many or unsubscribed pain killers. Given rey's history I would go with the second.

"Weed" is not an herb. It's a flower first of all.

Secondly, it has a specific effect on neuroreceptors in your brain which cause central nervous depression. It is not an herb. Oregano is an herb. Oregano doesn't cause central nervous system depression. Marijuana is also extremely harmful to your health if smoked, especially on a frequent basis.

I'm not saying it doesn't have legitimate medicinal value, because it does. I also don't think it's any worse or better than alcohol or tobacco. They're all about the same level of unhealthy depending on how you consume them and how often.

Either way, I like Rey and want to see him back. Like I said it's his (and WWE's) business. I get tired of his character (or lack there of) sometimes but overall I've been a fan of his for a very long time. I honestly think he'll be remembered as one of the better performers in our sport. A lot of legends have had their careers cut shorter than it needed to be, hopefully Rey will come back and come back strong.

Ryback is kinda cool lol. I wanna see where it goes. I know it's weird that I'm down on Tensai but high on Ryback. Ryback is goofy fun to me. Tnsai is supposed to be serious, yet I'm constantly laughing directly at that gimmick.

That said, I'm digging the return of over-the-top gimmicks. I wouldn't mind a few more of these coming back.

Ryback is kinda cool lol. I wanna see where it goes. I know it's weird that I'm down on Tensai but high on Ryback. Ryback is goofy fun to me. Tnsai is supposed to be serious, yet I'm constantly laughing directly at that gimmick.

That said, I'm digging the return of over-the-top gimmicks. I wouldn't mind a few more of these coming back.

Agree on both counts, It also hurts that no matter how much you explain to me how he went to japan and became a serious ninja warrior....it's still albert.

I don't mind ryback, although i wish they would acknowledge that it's skip. example:

"not much is known about this man!!" uh...really cole? he looks awful similar to that guy who was second in command to one of your more interesting (at the start) stables...

WWE certainly needs some return on the over the top gimmicks....I'm so sick and tired of "every heel is a whiny Douch who runs/cheats when a face stands up to him" and "every face is an butt kicking monster/ underdog" gimmicks.

That's why i enjoy Brock's "im going to kill john cena, and there's nothing you can do about it" and henry's run as a dominate heel no one liked but couldnt stop (his i'm done smiling promo was the best work he's done in WWE)

I also like the idea that managers are coming back a bit. I'm cautiously optimistic on this while AW as a sports agent thing.

Partial results:

Cena def. Brock, Cena got bloodied right from the start. Brock really botched a dangerous looking dive from the ring to the outside. Second time he tried Cena hit him with the chain and busted him open. AA on top of the ring steps.. Quite surprised that Cena won, where will they go with Brock after this? Or Cena? Cena did a postmatch promo and got huge face pop from the crowd, it was a pro-wrestling promo. Says he's taking a break. From a long time Cena hater.. I have to say respect. He got really beat up in that match.

Layla (?) returned and won Divas championship from Bella twin. Really disturbing looking neckbreaker finisher move, really snapped the neck.

CM Punk def. Jericho, quite good match actually. Lots of cool spots.

Sheamus def. Daniel Bryan, liked the 2/3 stipulation, also really good match.

Cody Rhodes def. Big Show, Show stepped into a table and broke it and thus Cody won IC championship. Show slammed Rhodes trough two tables post match.

Funkasaurus def. Ziggler

Goldberg 2012 def. two jobbers.. Really loved the Goldberg chants to Rybak. Deserves them.

Super Cena all over again??? God, i think i'm going to quit watching WWE. I'm done with them! Cena always wins. it's boring, it's washed up and making Lesnar return to lose his debut match isn't that smart of a business move. I'm done. Predictable ppv in every line and every single match...and the only surprise, Cena's win, comes out when it shouldn't! WWE sucks!

Super Cena all over again??? God, i think i'm going to quit watching WWE. I'm done with them! Cena always wins. it's boring, it's washed up and making Lesnar return to lose his debut match isn't that smart of a business move. I'm done. Predictable ppv in every line and every single match...and the only surprise, Cena's win, comes out when it shouldn't! WWE sucks!

I really hope that you are either trolling or joking, because you sound like one of those teenage/kid "smarks" from other wrestling forums. This PPV was actually one of the least predictable ones in recent years. Plus, people stopped raging about Cena winning in 2008. I guess you didn't get the memo. :p

I'm guessing you didn't watch the show. All the matches were great, I loved Bryan getting his little, "I have 'til 5" deal in for his match, and Cena put Lesnar over huge in their match. Lesnar might have gone for a pin early, but he never really tried to put him away and if it weren't Extreme Rules, Cena would have been out for the 10 count 2 or 3 times. Also, if Cena didn't screw up his arm lifting Lesnar in the kimura I'm really impressed. That looked nasty and awkward.

All in all a really really good show.

everything to please the damn kids, this is a repeat of the Miz/Riley vs Cena match.. Cena got his ass kicked for 30+ min hits 2 moves and win.

what a dumb move to have Lesnar come back and lose his return match.

come on brock is a part timer who when he comes back will F5 CM Punk and bang he will have his heat back

Remember at one point Brock did get more than a three count on Cena had the referee been awake. The F-5 when he knocked him out for the second time. Really Brock is still the better guy but I do see the frustrations in that it didn't take much damage to end the UFC badass megastar.

Excellent PPV. I thought theOrton/Kane match was a snooze. Beyond that, the promoted matches were all pretty damn good. The Funkasaurus/Rybacck/Divas stuff was just there. Not good not bad. But the big matches were all fairly good quality.

I enjoyed Brock comin out and throwing legit 'bows.

Don't come back.

Goldberg 2012 def. two jobbers.. Really loved the Goldberg chants to Rybak. Deserves them.

One of my favorite random, unprovoked chants of all time. I first noticed it on Smackdown! last week. Hopefully it catches on.

everything to please the damn kids, this is a repeat of the Miz/Riley vs Cena match.. Cena got his ass kicked for 30+ min hits 2 moves and win.

what a dumb move to have Lesnar come back and lose his return match.

I really don't get this line of thinking. I mean, an hour before that they did the exact same thing with Punk/Jericho. On Friday, they did the exact same thing with Sheamus and Mark Henry. It's a standard format - heel dominates, face pulls through in the end. They've been doing it since I started watching wrestling in the 80's, when Hulk Hogan became the biggest superstar in wrestling history by doing the exact same thing. But John Cena's the one face that shouldn't do it?

And the dumb move would've been having a part time wrestler squash your biggest star. What are you going to do with Cena? He's no different than the guys Ryback has been eating for lunch if you do that.

Don't get me wrong, on another night, under different circumstances, Lesnar can beat Cena - but not after destroying him for 15 minutes. Cena needed to pull out the win to maintain his credibility. They got their point across with Lesnar.

I'm guessing you didn't watch the show. All the matches were great, I loved Bryan getting his little, "I have 'til 5" deal in for his match, and Cena put Lesnar over huge in their match. Lesnar might have gone for a pin early, but he never really tried to put him away and if it weren't Extreme Rules, Cena would have been out for the 10 count 2 or 3 times. Also, if Cena didn't screw up his arm lifting Lesnar in the kimura I'm really impressed. That looked nasty and awkward.

All in all a really really good show.

That was my thought too. I really don't know how somebody can proclaim they're done with WWE based on that PPV. One of the best wrestling shows I've seen in a long, long time. Orton/Kane, both title matches, and Cena/Lesnar were all excellent matches. I have no idea what was so predictable about any of it, beyond the normal predictability of a wrestling match(there's only two possible outcomes, it's pretty predictable).

And given what happened after the match, with Cena talking to the trainer and the little speech he gave, it certainly appears that his arm is legit injured. Definitely didn't look like a work. Although Beth Phoenix's ankle injury didn't look like a work, aside from the referee's nonchalance, so who knows for sure. I guess we'll find out in the next few days.