The Official ROH Discussion Thread

Wrestling Century

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="MrCanada" data-cite="MrCanada" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="26106" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div><p> But what if ROH made a bit of splash and gets CM Punk back if he chooses not to resign with WWE? I dont know why no one has seemingly mentioned this yet, but I would love to see it happen.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I am sure the rumor mill will be spurred on by a recent Chris Hero twitter post. Look who he bumped into:</p><p> </p><p> <a href="http://lockerz.com/s/104238548" rel="external nofollow">http://lockerz.com/s/104238548</a></p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="1234" data-cite="1234" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="26106" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I am sure the rumor mill will be spurred on by a recent Chris Hero twitter post. Look who he bumped into:<p> </p><p> <a href="http://lockerz.com/s/104238548" rel="external nofollow">http://lockerz.com/s/104238548</a></p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> a poster for a British band playing in Chicago! CRYPTIC.... Music, music has notes. Notes first vowel is an "O"... O... o... GO! Go 2 Sleep! Go 2 Sleep was invented by Kenta... Kenta worked for Ring of Honor. Ring of Honor runs in Chicago.... Art_Brut are going to start a rival wrestling promotion to try and take over ROH in Chicago headed up by the Kings of Wrestling.</p><p> </p><p> Cant wait.</p><p> </p><p> EDIT:</p><p> </p><p> Oh, the other picture. Koko B. Ware is coming to Ring of Honor!</p>

<p>Looking at their past of bringing in "names" I think ROH would do it well. They actually build characters there. Not only that, but their champions actually hold on to titles for awhile. </p><p> </p><p>

So if a guy like MVP (just to use an example) came into the company, I would see him making a fine fit. They wouldn't put a belt around him right away, but if they wanted to launch him right into a main event status (which they probably would and should) they'd have him fued with a guy like Davey Richards or Roderick Strong or someone like that, depending on which direction they want to take his character. </p><p> </p><p>

If they want him to challenge for a title they'd have him do a huge series with one of the previously mentioned guys or another worker at that level. After two or three great matches, the ROH fans would accept a guy like MVP the way they accepted Shelton and Haas.</p><p> </p><p>

I mean it's possible they'd use him to put over a young guy like Eddie Edwards assuming he's still champ. That wouldn't shock me at all. Have a main superstar like MVP come in and have a great series with Edwards but ultimately lose. </p><p> </p><p>

Thats the kind of stuff they do.</p><p> </p><p>

Also... I REALLY hope Low-Ki goes back there.</p>

<p>Fun fact: MVP wouldn't technically be a "new" face in ROH. He had a match with Homicide in 2005, but it was very forgettable and he was not brought back. Of course, his profile has risen exponentially since then, and I don't think he's a half-bad worker. I wouldn't mind ROH bringing him in.</p><p> </p><p>

Punk coming back would be all kinds of awesome, but I think it's a pipe dream.</p>

Fun fact: MVP wouldn't technically be a "new" face in ROH. He had a match with Homicide in 2005, but it was very forgettable and he was not brought back. Of course, his profile has risen exponentially since then, and I don't think he's a half-bad worker. I wouldn't mind ROH bringing him in.

Punk coming back would be all kinds of awesome, but I think it's a pipe dream.

I never was a big MVP fan but I got to admit...WWE Armegeddon was here @ 3 1/2 years ago....at the time MVP was US Champ and he totally CARRIED Rey Mysterio in their match...I think he could survive in ROH...Just hope, as I live in a 'Sinclair' market that we get it on TV

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="The Final Countdown" data-cite="The Final Countdown" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="26106" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Fun fact: MVP wouldn't technically be a "new" face in ROH. He had a match with Homicide in 2005, but it was very forgettable and he was not brought back. Of course, his profile has risen exponentially since then, and I don't think he's a half-bad worker. I wouldn't mind ROH bringing him in.<p> </p><p> Punk coming back would be all kinds of awesome, but I think it's a pipe dream.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> no, that was a FIP Import Match, doesn't count. <_<..... I mean it was Antonio Banks, it doesn't count.</p>

I'd like to point out that it been implied by the Sinclair group that we might be able to stream the new ROH TV show via the internet; so while places like New York and Philly won't have it on their TV sets they could well have it on their laptops.

Philadelphia is kinda "home" to ROH yet Sinclair doesn't have a station there lol. I'll still watch the net shows it's not a big deal. Just thought of all the places they'll be on TV, philly ain't one of them.

New York is their biggest market, and I don't think the show will be airing there either. :eek:

The Boston area is a big market for them as well (they draw a pretty good crowd), the shows are no longer held in Boston (Which is fine by me because getting around up there is a pain in the ass.) they are now in Plymouth, but still Sinclair has no media presence up there either.

I'd like to point out that it been implied by the Sinclair group that we might be able to stream the new ROH TV show via the internet; so while places like New York and Philly won't have it on their TV sets they could well have it on their laptops.

I think that's been stated outright, actually. But that's not going to do a whole lot in terms of introducing new fans to the product. Good for those of us who already have an interest in ROH, though.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Calling ALL wrestling fans, whether you follow ROH or not...go to YouTube and check out this amazing video for Edwards vs. Richards at Best in the World 2011...

http://bit.ly/mBPCzq

Best hype video I have EVER seen. This is well worth your time.

Your link doesn't work, so here it is:

A great video, and got me quite excited for Best In The World.

ROH World Title Match

Eddie Edwards defends vs. Davey Richards

World Tag Team Title Four Way Elimination Match

ROH World Tag Team Champions Wrestling’s Greatest Tag Team (Charlie Haas & Shelton Benjamin) defend vs. The Kings of Wrestling (Chris Hero & Claudio Castagnoli) vs. The All Night Express (Rhett Titus & Kenny King) vs. Jay & Mark Briscoe

World TV Title Match

Christopher Daniels with Truth Martini defends vs. El Generico

Special Challenge Match #1

Steve Corino with Jimmy Jacobs vs. Michael Elgin with Truth Martini

Special Challenge Match #2

“The Prodigy” Mike Bennett vs. Jay Lethal

No Holds Barred Street Fight

Homicide vs. Rhino with The Embassy

Dream Tag Team Match- Dark Match/DVD Exclusive

GenerationMe vs. Adam Cole and Kyle O’Reilly

Singles Action

Colt Cabana vs. Tommaso Ciampa with The Embassy

I am slightly annoyed about the decision to bring in GenMe for a match that can't be on the IPPV, because there is no way I am buying the DVD as well as the IPPV. And may not be the strongest card top to bottom ROH have ever put on, but the top 3 matches make this a must see show.

A great video, and got me quite excited for Best In The World.

TWS isn't even an ROH employee, but he's been making amazing hype videos for them for a while now. They need to hire him, pronto.

I am slightly annoyed about the decision to bring in GenMe for a match that can't be on the IPPV, because there is no way I am buying the DVD as well as the IPPV. And may not be the strongest card top to bottom ROH have ever put on, but the top 3 matches make this a must see show.

Totally agree. It would have been much better to do that GenMe match on a DVD-only show, but to do it on the night of an iPPV taping is just annoying. I don't care how good that match is, I'm not buying the DVD just for that if I've already seen the rest of the show (and can rewatch it whenever I want.)