The Official ROH Discussion Thread

Wrestling Century

So...what do you think should main event? In any other location, I'd say Tyler/Davey easy. But with the show being in Canada, Steen/Generico might be the match the crowd is most interested in. Not really sure which match is more deserving of the main event slot.

Unless Davey takes the title, that is. That would certainly warrant a main event spot. :)

Steen is very much so still with RoH and honestly is on fire on the mic right now. He's gone bat sh*t crazy, obsessed with destroying El Generico since losing the tag team titles. Furthermore the devilish Steve Corino has appeared as Steen's mentor (The Mister Wrestling Connection), egging him on at every turn. Lucky for El Generico he too fond an ally of his own; Colt Cabana, who has emerged as like the Best Friend sticking up for his sly mate.

Pearce has cleverly intertwined Corino and Cabana into the blood feud, using tag matches to break up the interesting violent and bloody, bloody matches (See: Street Fights, 34rd Street Deathmatch). However, there has yet to be a decisive one and one match between Steen and Generico, but this PPV will be the one.

One really interesting part of the feud was that originally Generico just couldn't bring himself to attack former best friend Steen. However when Steen and Corino brualized Cabana in the center of the ring Generico snapped and dived over a mountain of security, snapping and going nuts on Steen.

Seriously, Steen/Generico will be epic. Pyscho crazy Steen versus Nice sly guy pushed WAY too far is a nice character clash, and the two have all the goods to back it up in the ring.

They're internet only.

Thanks I thought they were but I was not sure. I remember reading that one of their PPV's last year only had twenty households in Canada buy it (not sure what the American buys was for it). That is pretty bad when you only sell that much in a country as big as Canada.

If they were to do the same this year I'd guarantee that number goes up 10 fold.

Then again...that's not saying much at all.

They need to stick with the slow build and opening up in new territories. Stickwith the internet PPVs for as long as you can. Hell you canhave internet PPVs along with quarterly television PPVs for the realy big supercards.

If 441mania are to be believed, ROH internet PPVs are profitable so long as more than 2000 people pay for them. The Big Bang iPPV got about 1,400 or something. Supposedly ROH were a bit disappointed in that, but some pointed out that it was a 4 hour long wrestling event and that ALOT of wrestling to watch all at once, and the iPPV was being held in a terrority ROH had never been to before; Charlotte.

The thing about ROH is that while their success isn't the fastest paced, it really doesn't need to be, nor should it. We all know in TEW that if you race to Cult you're going to get killed. In real life that's what happened to ECW, massive in some markets but quite obsure in others. ROH is slowly but surely building up markets across North America in a profitable way. Yes it means it gets pointed to and taunted by morons, but it's what's going to make ROH a success in the long term.

<p>Mahoney was a nice little surprise for the NYC crowd and apparently RoH were pretty please with his appearance, even to the degree where he might be called back at some point (which to be honest I wouldn't mind, the guy is very hard working and under-rated on the mat). Of course 441 comments section had me almost blowing my lid again (I'm very easily trolled about wrestling, period.) with a bunch of morons proclaiming "UUUnnnn RoH gettin' desperate, they're scrapping the bottom of the barrel now with Ball Mahoney!" As if ROH couldn't bring in big stars if the timing was right. </p><p> </p><p>

Seriously when it comes to wrestling smarks going overboard to hate on any promotion, including TNA I go mad because at the end of the day it's a group of people working hard to entertain me.</p>

<p>There's a reason I don't visit 411 anymore, that reason is the trolling done on the comment section. To hear them speak, ROH has had one foot in the grave the day after the company was formed.</p><p> </p><p>

As for Ballz, they clearly brought him in to make the NYC crowd happy just like they bring in Canadian talent to work on ROH shows, everytime they come into Canada. It's not desperation, it's good business!</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="The Final Countdown" data-cite="The Final Countdown" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="26106" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I don't even like Mahoney, but it was worth it just for the Nana promo they showed on the HDNet show where he kept talking about Balls.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Not a big fan of Mahoney either, but anything that lets Nana talk trash is a good thing in my opinion.</p>

There's a reason I don't visit 411 anymore, that reason is the trolling done on the comment section. To hear them speak, ROH has had one foot in the grave the day after the company was formed.

As for Ballz, they clearly brought him in to make the NYC crowd happy just like they bring in Canadian talent to work on ROH shows, everytime they come into Canada. It's not desperation, it's good business!

There may have been a time when you could have dismissed ROH for having, and I quote, "Skinny white kids flipping around high school gyms." Hell, I may have even thought that a few times But those days have long since passed. The wrestlers there are top-flight, blue chip athletes in most cases.

Some may be a little short on charisma, but since Jim Cornette has become a regular fixture in ROH, promos and angles have improved tenfold, IMHO. There are like six or seven angles right now, all built on personal issues, and they all make good sense. If you're a fan of good pro wrestling, then ROH is the place to be, baby.

There may have been a time when you could have dismissed ROH for having, and I quote, "Skinny white kids flipping around high school gyms." Hell, I may have even thought that a few times But those days have long since passed. The wrestlers there are top-flight, blue chip athletes in most cases.

Some may be a little short on charisma, but since Jim Cornette has become a regular fixture in ROH, promos and angles have improved tenfold, IMHO. There are like six or seven angles right now, all built on personal issues, and they all make good sense. If you're a fan of good pro wrestling, then ROH is the place to be, baby.

I agree wholeheartedly and with any luck at all, I'll be headed down to the January 19th show at Ted Reeves Arena. Looks like it'll be an excellent show and I'll get to see some wrestlers whom I've never had the privledge of watching in person like Christopher Daniels and Steve Corino.

TWS is fantastic. I'm more excited for Davey/Tyler than I have been for any match in a long time, and that awesome video he did is a BIG part of that.

ROH needs to hire that dude, because his video packages blow their "official" stuff out of the water.

At least ROH video packages are not as bad as their DVD covers (which tend to be quite ugly).

TWS is fantastic. I'm more excited for Davey/Tyler than I have been for any match in a long time, and that awesome video he did is a BIG part of that.

ROH needs to hire that dude, because his video packages blow their "official" stuff out of the water.

I actually asked That Wrestling Show (the actual guy who uses that username) and he informed me that RoH are quite aware of his video and have formed some kind of partnership with him, although they don't appear to have brought him in directly which I think might be worth the money.

I actually asked That Wrestling Show (the actual guy who uses that username) and he informed me that RoH are quite aware of his video and have formed some kind of partnership with him, although they don't appear to have brought him in directly which I think might be worth the money.

Yeah, I saw that they posted the Tyler/Davey video on their main page. So they're certainly aware of him. Like you said, though, I think it would be worth the money to actually hire him. The quality of the TV show would noticeably improve if he were putting the videos together.

Anyone planning on ordering DBD VIII? I'm pretty tempted. But with the big Lesnar vs. Carwin PPV coming soon after, I don't know how much disposable income I'll have. The price is right for the ROH show...but that UFC show is a must see for me.

Two big shows worth ordering? These are good problems to have.

Anyone planning on ordering DBD VIII? I'm pretty tempted. But with the big Lesnar vs. Carwin PPV coming soon after, I don't know how much disposable income I'll have. The price is right for the ROH show...but that UFC show is a must see for me.

Two big shows worth ordering? These are good problems to have.

I'm seriously thinking about it. If it were a regular PPV on my TV, I would order for sure. Watching on the computer doesn't have quite the same appeal for me. But the card looks stacked, so I'm tempted.